Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 03:54 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default CrankyCows.Crab

Your wish = My Command

Quote:
Originally posted by Lush
I want an avatar like everyone else, but every time I pick one they say it is too big. Kiwi, do something.
I would be thrilled to work on your pic. Just ask Peaches... Seriously, if you want, send it to me and I'll shrink it, or I can tell you how to shrink it yourself.

Quote:
Did anyone notice that Kiwi did not deny the roofer allegations?
I love denying things -- where are these allegations??? I demand the right to deny them!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Darling_Peaches
Why should motherhood be different?
I'm sure I should be insulted

Quote:
The question for the season is "What makes a relationship work?" Any answers?
They don't. Silly.

Quote:
Now I still have ds but not cement-head and if I had a guilty conscience about ds, I'd be living all alone in that h*ll.
See, here is the key. Herbie is a cement-head. DAMes and cement-heads are not compatible. Does he still give you advice because he can't bring himself to leave you alone, or are you asking him? For someone who doesn't want a "relationship" with you, he sure seems to hang around a lot. Have you ever asked him why he thinks he should be able to override your decisions about DS, considering you probably don't manage his kids' lives in any way?

Recently I had it out with DH on a similar topic -- that every time I talk to DD (I don't mean idle conversation, I mean something about what she can and cannot do, etc), he gets in the middle of it and interrupts me. I tried doing the same thing one time to him and he totally flew off the handle. I called him on this, and wouldn't let him off the hook until he clearly understood that if I couldn't interrupt him when he was telling her something, he couldn't do that to me either. Things have actually been better around here since then. Incredibly.

Quote:
Now a poll: What do most people do to recycle their coathangers? I mean this::::: You take the shirt out of the closet and put it on and you have a empty coathanger. You wash the shirt and you need the coathanger in the laundry room. Do you carry them everyday or what??????????????????
Do you actually wash shirts every day? When I do a load of shirts, I go to the bedroom and gather up all the empty hangers and take them to the laundry room. I have enough extras that there are usually a few hanging in the laundryroom already. I wash a LOT of shirts, but only about once every 2 weeks.

DH and I actually played guitars together last night. Picture that.

Kiwi
Old 01-25-2003, 05:07 PM   #2  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Let's just say I bite my tongue a lot and maintain a civility with Herbie because, for one thing, I am still driving his car. He called a while ago to tell me to go to a certain lot and look at a certain car. I'll go in a few days. He also has the potential to fulfill his guilt feelings and buy a fridge for my house. He may or may not. No one knows. His birthday is this week and I offered to take him to see Rent. He said to put it on his credit card (which is still in my wallet despite an attempt to return it) and so I did.

Emotionally, I'm pretty over the cement-head but not in the postiion to express myself satisfactorially to him.
Old 01-25-2003, 05:47 PM   #3  
Most boring housewife.

Default Excellent post, Kiwi.

Kiwi, what an excellent, well thought out post.
I will send you my pic. How exciting. I will have a good avatar rather than one that simply points out my long-windedness.
The roofer allegations were in an email, not on 3fc's. I'm sure that you are so IN here that they would have deleted it had I posted the scandalous truth about why you are so Mellow as of late.
On the failure as a mother thread.....isn't it amazing that we have such successful kids? It boggles my mind since, let's face it, we can't seem to consistently manage the most mundane aspects of daily life.
Also on the failure as a mother vein. Peaches, you aren't. It is ALWAYS an issue when parents date, marry etc. No matter how well meaning Herbie is, his opinions regarding the nephew are not filtered through parental love.
On the interfering fathers topic. DH does that, too. I can usually make a joke and get him to stop. He is home about 16 minutes of the waking day and I don't appreciate him spending that 16 minutes correcting everything I did the rest of the time. The happy part is that I rarely have to do it to him because he doesn't really do anything tense around here. I seem to do all of that.
THIS is what pi**e* me off. On the occasional evening when I leave the house, I come home and NOTHING is done. When I say, WHY IS NOTHING DONE????? They all look at me like I invented homework and dishes and they never heard of it before. Imagine the chaos of my household....I am the source of discipline. Scary, huh?
On the hanger issue. That is why we had kids. When you do wash, you send THE KIDS to go get hangers. I was going to post a poll for you, but I would have had to start a new thread, and we all know how much trouble that causes.
I've got to help them edit a paper on Tree Frogs. bye
Old 01-25-2003, 07:29 PM   #4  
fatter than U

I was just thinking about the motherhood thing today and marveling at the fact that *I*, personally, (well, ok, dh too) have actually managed to keep these two children clothed, fed and *alive* for such a long time when most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing. It's scary.

My friend had her baby at 9:16 a.m. this morning!. It's a boy!! Popped him out in a couple of hours with no medication, tough girl that she is. First comment to me "I thought I was going to die!" I can relate to that. They are both perfectly healthy, though. Baby is called Rupert. It's a Victorian name and also the name of my boyfriend in kindergarten so I like it. Going to visit the little family tomorrow.

Do you have any idea how late it is? Send me to bed!

I leave the coat hangers in the closet, wash the shirt and then bring the hangers out when I'm ironing the little beggars. Works for me. I also have extras in the laundry room.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:55 PM   #5  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

well,on the topic of who does everything around here----EVERY time i come home from ANYwhere there is a big mess in the kitchen and/or the tv room---i have tried leaving everything to see if they will notice that it is a DISASTER and NO one ,not even,or "especially" dh notices or cares---so if i am the only one who cares,i should do all the work????I GUESS THAT MUST BE THE ANSWER!!!! when dd was sick in the hospital with salmonellla and i slept there for a week,i came home and the house actually STANK!!!! there was catcrap all over the rug,as no one saw that the litter was cleaned and THEY DIDN'T NOTICE THE CRAP OR THE SMELL!!! i thought the sewer had backed up or something!!!!!!!!!!! when the step dd's are here,i almost go into a depression because of the mess---they are ALL messy---mine,his the whole lot----as lush has said---if " I " am the "cleanie" we are all in trouble!!!----end of RANT!!!! now i must go and clean up the mess my dd left after making guacomole---and take the dirty bowl and two packages of taco chips off the computer desk!!!!BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
Old 01-26-2003, 01:00 AM   #6  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I am humbled. Sugar iron tee shirts? As for the rest of you, you are SUPERCOWS!!!!!!! But Bagz is too funny. Five dds and all messie???? LOL!!!!!!! I remember whenyou were tactfully having to make them hide their bra straps under their shirts. Now, there's cat crap on the rug!!!!!! I am laughing at the computer!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 03:18 AM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Kiwi, what an excellent, well thought out post.
Don't give me that, it's too late to be sucking up to me now. I know you've been spreading nasty rumors about me in email [size=large]without even sending me a copy!![/size]

I have an off-color joke to include. Normally I would put it in the joke forum, but since it's a little on the side...here it is:

A young woman was pulled over for speeding. As the motorcycle
officer walked to her car window, flipping open his ticket book, she
said, "I bet you are going to sell me a ticket to the Highway
Patrolmen's Ball."

He replied, "Highway patrolmen don't have balls."

There was a moment of silence while she smiled, and he realized what
he'd just said. He then closed his book, got back on his motorcycle
and left.

She was laughing too hard to start her car for several minutes

Kiwi
Old 01-26-2003, 09:38 AM   #8  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I like it Kiweenie. I have a joke too:

A young woman (probably from the eastern coast of Canada) went through a big hail storm and ended up with several small dents in her car. She took it to the dealer where a sociopathic customer service agent told her to take the car home, blow in the tailpipe and the dents would pop out. So she did. She kept trying. She had a guest (from Maine) who stared at her and asked her what in the heck she thought she was doing. The Canadian explained the situation only to get the response "Well, DUHHHHH, don't you think you should roll up the windows first?

POLL:Last night I took DS to a Gilbert and Sullivan performance ... songs from different operas. The whole audience was greyhaired. Anyone younger than ds left at or before intermission. Ds was fine with it though. I bought the tickets over the phone. They were $20 each. After I got them at the Will Call, I saw a sign that people under age 19 only had to pay $10. No one told me that on the phone. I asked for the $10 back and got a cold stare and a "Sorry, no refunds." A woman who has worked there a long time and who may be in charge (she has her own office) is a friend.[list=a][*]Should I call her and complain?[*]Not call her and complain as she may be able to help me in some way in the future[*]go into therapy[*]Just be glad ds stayed all the way through and didn't mind[/list=a]

Old 01-26-2003, 10:57 AM   #9  
Most boring housewife.

I don't even like Gilbert and Sullivan, but I would just forget it. They got you. You could make them give you the $10.00 back but it would cost you $20.00 in effort. You should have put it on Herbie's credit card. Then we would be glad you were overcharged. When are you going to see Rent with Herbie?
I'm annoyed. I keep a phone list by the computer. Every phone number I need is on that list. Naturally a KID lost it. It is gone. I would like to make a phone call, but I can't. I am irritated. I am tired of being the house slave. You should see the laundry room. Everyone just throws their stuff into the room with no concern as to where it goes. There is a recepticle for dirty wash, but it is EMPTY while the floor is covered. Arghhhhh
I'm going to get busy around here. I have assigned chores to kids. That covers all public areas....so I'm going to do wash and my room. Naturally, my room is the WORST in the house because I do the kids' rooms first so they can have company. Unlike Kiwi, I never have company. Just good old DH and me, so it ends up to be the last room to be considered. What does that say about Feng shei....or however the he** you spell it?
So, I'm off to do my day.
BTW...did you NOTICE that Kiwi IGNORED my email??? I have resent it because she will not avoid the shame of her current liason. He didn't even dp a GOOD job on her roof.
Old 01-26-2003, 01:39 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, I hate to say this, but I think you kind of are stuck with the price you paid for tickets. That's my experience, anyway. Although I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask your friend; the drawback to that may be that she'd give you the $10 just because you are a friend and it would come out of her own pocket. Think of it this way, he acted more like an adult than anyone else there, so it was worth it.

Quote:
BTW...did you NOTICE that Kiwi IGNORED my email??? I have resent it because she will not avoid the shame of her current liason. He didn't even dp a GOOD job on her roof.
Okay, I'll bite. How about sending the email to my actual email address and I'll take a whack at it? Come to think of it I'll bet you don't even have my email address; the only emails I've gotten from you have been replies to other people's messages. Come on, put your money where your mouth is.

DH cleaned up the computer today (well, his half of it ), so now I can use the shredder. I love the shredder. And also he got all his giant boxes of papers out of the living room. Of course he can't throw away his own trash in the rest of the house, but it's something.

Ta
Kiwi
Old 01-26-2003, 02:37 PM   #11  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

this is my THIRD attempt to post!!! i keep LOSING IT [in more ways than one] I was trying to tell you that in my quest for peacefulness, and FENG SHUI,i have decided to have almost everything in our bedroom WHITE---- so far,i have white sheers,blinds, and curtains,a WHITE quilt,white bedside tables and i am about to paint the oak dresser WHITE---- i want to paint the walls white and dh says the room will look like an asylum-----that word sounds lovely to me-----my own personal asylum---what could be better----i should take a picture and show you what i have so far...................ummmmmmmmmmmm---eternal resssssssssssssssssssst!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2003, 03:02 PM   #12  
Most boring housewife.

I tried the white bedroom thing. I also tried the white kitchen thing. It didn't look any cleaner. Just better contrast.
I'm mad at Kiwi. She has spoken harshly to me.
Old 01-26-2003, 03:13 PM   #13  
Most boring housewife.

I sort of forgive Kiwi because she sent me a nice song. It was about male dogs and I have a female, but since I have male cats who mark my snow, it's ok.
My SIL, the one I like, is coming to dinner. Isn't that nice? We're going to watch [i] About a Boy[/] It will be more fun than talking because I'm so boring in real life.
Gotta go cook an amazing dinner.
bye
Old 01-26-2003, 04:03 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

What are we having for dinner, anyway? We have to watch the SuperBowl, at least the commercials, so it has to be living room food. And of course it has be pretty quick.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:41 PM   #15  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

I took ds and left Dogpatch this afternoon. We went in the WinnDixie in a better neighborhood and guess what !?!??!!!! MEN were wildly RUNNING THROUGH THE STORE buying BEER and MUSTARD and CHIPS!! The whole CHIP AISLE was depleted. DS and I had to get broken chips. Each man got one item to take home to learn that something else was lacking so he could frantically run back and knock people down in the aisles to get that mustard. We don't have tv. We are spared. Rent is Wednesday. Herbie says he going to negotiate this care for me. I think that means he's trading in mine and paying the difference. He wants his care, which I have, washed. I told him it's TOOO COLLDD to go out and wash a car. Well, he doesn't want to have to spend a day (a day is what he said) getting it washed. Cement headedness is genetic. I know it is. It's just so inciting.
Closed Thread