Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:33 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Fri August 26 - Sun August 28

I'll just add them here.

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 08-26-2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: change title
Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

WOOHOO!!!!!.....now I know how to start the thread, thanks Movingon for explaining how to do it. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, Happy Friday everyone
Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #3  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Good morning everyone!! I love all the info I get on here. This morning I was down to 152.6 so I've lost about 16 pounds in about 5 weeks!! Very happy with that so far. I had a small loss this week (Tuesday) but I didn't let it get me down because I knew it was because of the big C!!! Finally getting some relief so the scale is moving again. I definitely was not getting enough water in. I'm now using a bottle marked with oz. So I will get it all in from now on. I've just never been a big fluid person. That's the ONLY thing I haven't done right with IP I don't cheat because I don't want to slow my weight loss, I want it gone by November when I'm going to mexico with friends for my 40th!! My bday is not until February but thats when were going. When I turned 39 I set a goal to be FIT FORTY and FABULOUS!!! I'm getting there!!

I do have a question. I just want to be sure I'm doing things correctly. The restricteds really confuse me for some reason. Should I be having my 3 unrestricted IP packets PLUS 1 restricted in a day OR should the restricted take the place of 1 unrestricted IP packet? In other words, 2 unrestricted PLUS 1 restricted?

Thanks!!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #4  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

the restricteds count as one of your 3 packets for the day. So you can have 2 unrestricted and one restricted.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning! I am jealous of your Mexico trip in November Soccermom! I turn 45 in November and am getting treated to a business trip to Washington DC! I too hope to be at goal by that time. My coworkers that haven't seen me in a year won't recognize me!

I have a NSV this morning. Wearing size 12 jeans that have been in my closet for YEARS and they are comfortable!

You should be having a total of 3 packets per day, one of which my be restricted if you choose.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #6  
Started IP July 21, 2011

Thanks jackiegee and pauley!! That's what I thought but my coach swears I should have 3 plus 1 restricted. I really felt like it was wrong and too much!! Good info, I'm anal about doing this right!!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #7  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Wow, your coach told you that? ARe you working out or something is that why should would tell you to have more?

Well I am having a NSV - I am wearing a pair of jeans that I wore all last winter but after I ballooned up in the spring and summer I couldn't even get them close to being fastened. Now they fit.

some people are addicted to the scale - I am addicted to ketostix. I like to see that I am in ketosis even if it's just a trace. I actually emptied a container of them in my first two weeks and last night I just bought another one. I was happy to see that it was actually quite dark and I'm definitely in ketosis. I love ketosis. I love the fact that I have no hunger or cravings.

Today I am going for my fourth microdermabrasion and laser genesis treatment on my face. That little splurge (6 treatments) was so worth it. Not only do I have skin that is clearer, smoother and less blotchy than at any time since I was a baby. but it's also where I found out about IP.

Good deal all around.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

TGIF everyone!

Tomorrow i have to go to a wedding so i need to be well prepared. Its over 2 hours away so we'll have lunch on the road so i'll make sure to haev veggies and a rtd shake. I'm also going to bring a pre-made pudding for my snack and i'll bring extra veggies and another rtd shake in case i can't eat the dinner. I want to ask the personnel if i can have my meat (ordered the beef dinner) plain and plain veggies but i don't know if its an acceptable thing to do...i don't want to embarassed the bride or groom, especially since i've never met them yet.

Scale still not budging And i also took 4 floralax last night (at once) and still not going ot the bathroom and i've cut out my cal-mal to 2 instead of 4 the past couple of days and its not making any difference
Old 08-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOOHOO!!!!!.....now I know how to start the thread, thanks Movingon for explaining how to do it. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, Happy Friday everyone
Thanks for getting us started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom9799 View Post
Thanks jackiegee and pauley!! That's what I thought but my coach swears I should have 3 plus 1 restricted. I really felt like it was wrong and too much!! Good info, I'm anal about doing this right!!
Typical protocol is 3 packets a day, one of which can be restricted. Special circumstances may require more. JackiGee is right, if you're exercising vigorously, that may explain your coach wanting you to have more. Are you losing well with 4 a day?

Happy Friday! I am loving my Fridays off still They will end soon, and not only will I be working Fridays, but Thursday nights as well.

I had a perfect to the letter day yesterday. I got all water, all supplements, and all my food at the right times. Yay me. I feel much better than I did on Weds. I saw a new lower number on the scale today, which is always very nice. I keep forging into territory that I haven't seen since my 20s.

I was out last night (at a bar, no less ) with some friends who are getting married Saturday. Everyone kept raving about how skinny I am. I know I'm smaller than I have been in years, but I sure don't feel skinny! It's nice to hear anyway.

Have a super Friday, everyone!

Last edited by M0vingon; 08-26-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #10  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Good morning everyone

Had a wonderful night, took my dogs and met a friend at the offleash and walked for 2 hours. It was such a warm night and the river was warm, went up to my knees as I saw a rusty met lid from a 5 gallon pail, I tried to dig it out so no dog would cut their paws on it but it wouldn't budge I think it was the whole pail in there. The water was so nice and clear and this is the first week the river has been down low enough to have beaches. It was just a beautiful night, talking with a friend and walking and the dogs enjoying themselves... thought for sure my old girl would settle down and sleep through the night, 2:00 am on the dot she barked for me to go downstairs, then some rude person ran my doorbell at 4:30.. bad wakeup call, because in the back of your mind you think something is happening but no one was there. pranksters...
Staying positive I am going to have good results on monday from my phase 2 week. Kind of different not having to pack a couple of things for work lunch but getting use to it. Cat sitting this weekend and seeing a friend I haven't seen in a year... can't wait to see her.

Stay OP everyone, that of course means no cheats!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

A question: Up to this week (week 4), i was never very hungry and wouldn't even start feeling a little hungry until about 11am which water help and 10 min later it was gone. All this week, by not even 10am my stomach and growling and water doesn't even help. Does that mean i'm not in ketosis anymore? I haven't done anything different than before. Did this happened to anyone else?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #12  
Started IP July 21, 2011

No, I'm not working out. The scale didn't move much last week and now I wonder if that's why(besides bigC). I'll only be doing 3 from now on. I even asked her twice because it seemed too much to me. She assured me yes, always have 3 protein packs because the protein is so important and to add a restricted to the daily protocol. I wasn't allowed restricteds until week 4 so that is why I'm just now getting clarification.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
TGIF everyone!

Tomorrow i have to go to a wedding so i need to be well prepared. Its over 2 hours away so we'll have lunch on the road so i'll make sure to haev veggies and a rtd shake. I'm also going to bring a pre-made pudding for my snack and i'll bring extra veggies and another rtd shake in case i can't eat the dinner. I want to ask the personnel if i can have my meat (ordered the beef dinner) plain and plain veggies but i don't know if its an acceptable thing to do...i don't want to embarassed the bride or groom, especially since i've never met them yet.

Scale still not budging And i also took 4 floralax last night (at once) and still not going ot the bathroom and i've cut out my cal-mal to 2 instead of 4 the past couple of days and its not making any difference
I always ask specifically for changes to a menu and most people are quite gracious about it. There are a lot of people on restricted diets for numerous health reasons. My sister is not on IP but the diet she's on is for rheumatoid arthritis so she doesn't want anything on her salad or meat either (we ordered the same at Boston Pizza last weekend)...there wasn't a problem. I say go for it! The worst they could say is "no" and generally due to food allergies most won't....you'll have your RTD if you they actually do say no.

Have you tried the salt water flush yet, I haven't but people swear by it. You could do a search on the thread....?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Good Morning IPers,

Another beautiful day in Upstate NY, Many are preparing for "Irene" My weigh in is this afternoon, please be a good one!
Went to Friendlly's last night with 4 classmates, as we are doing the final prep for our 35th class reunion. They all had appetizers, entrees & gigantic sundaes for dessert. I had salad with grilled chicken and when I got home, pudding cakes. yeah me!
NY State Fair tomorrow in Syracuse, will be crowded since Sunday's weather forcast is not good. I will enjoy all the smells and exhibits, plan to have the grilled chicken from the Gyro place and I'll take some cut up veggies with me. I will post later my loss today (see that positive thinking, I specifically said "LOSS
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #15  
Started IP July 21, 2011

I have a big challenge today. I am fixing friends of mine dinner and taking it to their house. My friend Todd is battling leukemia right now and just got out of the hospital. He was released last Friday because his father passed away from cancer. I want to help them because they are having to go to the hospital EVERY day for treatment and with his dad dying I wanted the ease their burden of trying to fix decide what to eat and to fix for dinner. They have 4 kids too. So.....I'm making them a huge homemade lasagna with garlic bread and fixing a small one for my kids and husband. I'm praying for strength as my whole house fills with the aroma of glorious lasagna!!! This battle for me is nothing like his fight against leukemia!! So I CAN DO IT!!! I just have to remember not eat the noodles when I test them!!!;-)
Closed Thread