Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Introduction

Hi everyone! I've been here on 3FC for a few months already and saw some losses earlier in the year but have regained most of what I did lose. It comes back fast

I was hanging out in Alternachicks but that forum seems to go through cooling off cycles and I know I do best with my weight loss if I can post here frequently (I sort of followed Lovely from Alternachicks to here). I'm about to start day 1, but I have to go out and grab some index cards (thought I had a few lying around but didn't) before I can get down to writing my responses.

Besides that, I'm looking forward to changing my attitudes because I feel like that's really what drives me. I'm the kind of person that is really ruled by thoughts and emotions more than anything and once I've made up my mind it can be near impossible to change my thoughts >_<

Just a bit about me: I'm a recent college grad, I work part time at Target (tough job market out there), and I live with my boyfriend. I love games of any kind (video, board games, card games, puzzles etc) and I literally inhale books when I have the chance. Hello Kitty is one of my obsessions and my favorite Hello Kitty thing I have is my cruiser bicycle Other than that, I hope you'll get to know me from my posts in the monthly thread.

Thanks
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Michi702 - glad you've found your way over here. Yep, this seems to be an active thread, so you can get a daily dose of feedback.

My take is that you're likely to benefit by the Beck strategies since you identify yourself as a person "ruled by thoughts and emotions" - since these strategies help us step away from the emotional draw to use food as a reward/solutions to the emotion at hand.

Do hope you join us on the monthly thread. No need to deal with personals when you decide to come on board. It's just useful to make a daily (or frequent) post of your status to the rest of us as your Diet Coaches and/or Diet Buddies. When you feel like it, you can respond to us as one of our Diet Coaches/Buddies.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Glad that you've already joined us on the monthly thread! I have found that the everyday accountability has made a world of difference for me. I am an emotional eater and my life is full of ups and downs. Staying on track is important yet getting back on track immediately (Beck Diet Solution) is one of my most used tools.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote