Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/190/135

Height: 5'6.5'

Default Craving salty foods...

I am not big on sweets. It's the salty foods that are my BIG problem. I find if I eat some I crave more. Last night I had turkey bacon. Usually I can have a couple pieces and be done. This brand was particularly salty and I had a really tough time not gong back for more (and more...). I did read that salt cravings could be from mild dehydration (also something more serious, but I have no other symptoms of that) I am going to try to make sure I drink a lot more water. But I wonder if anyone else is like this and what you do.
Sued1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #2  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

*raises hand*

Salty foods were my "drug" of choice its funny you should mention dehydration being the culprit because anytime I don't drink enough water I start craving salty stuff. But when I have that craving eating at my brain, I usually go for some salted nuts like almonds & that usually helps, and drinking a huge glass of water with it.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Sometimes I am a craver of the salt.

If you like pickles, try a big dill pickle. Usually something THAT salty quenches it for me. Unless it's the Psycho-Cycle time. Then just give me a salt lick & get outta my way
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/190/135

Height: 5'6.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
*raises hand*

Salty foods were my "drug" of choice its funny you should mention dehydration being the culprit because anytime I don't drink enough water I start craving salty stuff. But when I have that craving eating at my brain, I usually go for some salted nuts like almonds & that usually helps, and drinking a huge glass of water with it.
That's a great idea, I'll trying drinking WITH the salty treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
Sometimes I am a craver of the salt.

If you like pickles, try a big dill pickle. Usually something THAT salty quenches it for me. Unless it's the Psycho-Cycle time. Then just give me a salt lick & get outta my way
I do love pickles. :-) you just mentioned something I didn't even think of but probably explains lasts nights EXTREME craving for salt. It is probably relate to my TOM! Thanks for the insight. I think I may need to go get myself a salt lick. LOL!
Sued1971 is offline   Reply With Quote