Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/245/150

Height: 5'3

Cool Crafty desserts or snacks

Its been a few months and I need some new ideas! My go to's for months have been greek yogurt w/ sugar free hot choc mix stirred in, when I am dying for a dessert. Or air popped popcorn when I want something snack ish.

Its not for every day use, but does anyone have some new low calorie suggestions to satisfy a sweet or salty craving??

Side note I have a gluten / wheat intolerance. AND trying (I do stress trying) to eat clean. Haha I know, I'm picky

Thank you!!!

OnaMission29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/215/125

Height: 5'3"

Cocoa Meringue Drops (Serves 40)

recipe ingredients
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
3 large egg whites
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoon powdered sugar

recipe directions
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with foil or parchment paper. Sift 1/4 cup sugar, cocoa and salt into small bowl. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl until soft peaks begin to form. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 tablespoon at a time and beat until medium-firm peaks form. Add cocoa mixture 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until meringue is stiff and glossy.
Drop meringue onto prepared baking sheets by rounded teaspoonfuls, spacing 1 inch apart. For chewy soft cookies, bake meringues 25 minutes. For drier, crisper cookies, bake meringues 40 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets. Sift powdered sugar over cookies.

14 Calories per serve
0 total fat
0 sat fat
0 protein
0 fiber
8 sodium (mg)
3 carbs
0 ww points
MacAndEase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #3  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

I love ice-cream, so I've been trying to find a lower calorie replacement that won't completely ruin my diet for the day..

Frozen fat-free pudding is DELICIOUS. (if you like pudding in the first place, that is ) Freeze it until solid and pull out of the freezer about 5 minutes before you want to eat, and it's perfect. mmm...
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote