Old 08-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #1  

Default Black Bean "Burger"

Someone correct me if something here is not Phase 1 please. It was so so delicious. Even my somewhat picky husband loved it!

1 15/16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 whole jalepeno, diced into thick chunks
1/4 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 eggs
1 TBSP chili powder
1 TBSP cumin
1/4 cup almond flour* this is the only part I'm concerned about for Phase 1

Mash black beans into a chunky paste, then add Jalepeno, onion and garlic. In separate bowl mix egg, chili powder and cumin. Add egg mixture to black bean mixture. Next add almond flour gradually. (If you can get a good consistency without using the whole 1/4 cup, stop. Another option is to only use 1 egg and nix the almond flour entirely.)
Preheat oven or grill to 375. Bake in oven for 10 per side. Or 8 min. per side on grill.
Serve with a healthy dollop of plain green yogurt and a squeeze of lime. DELISH!
missfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #2  

This sounds sooo similar to something I have made for years and its delicious! I love my almond flour but I know we are limited to the nuts in P1. I made my bean patty receipe yesterday in fact and I used Besan (chickpea flour). I added less than 1/4 cup but it helped to hold them together and tasted awsome. Im so new here but maybe someone who knows more could chime in. If we have to watch the almond meal def try the besan, its just ground chickpeas!
anilom007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #3  

I've never heard of that before. Thanks for chiming in!
missfit is offline   Reply With Quote