The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Biggest Loser Season 12- Are You Ready?!

Pages : [1] 2

redreine
08-24-2011, 03:06 PM
I know it isn't until next month, but I am pumped! Who else is ready for this?
Has anyone heard anything about this season's contestants? I just couldn't wait, I needed a BL12 thread, STAT! lol

HappilyMe
08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I am with you! :D I can't wait to see how it will go without Jillian and with Ana. I also hope this seasons contestants are more enjoyable than last seasons contestants.

shanhat81
08-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh my gosh, when does it start??? I didn't even know it was coming back!

HappilyMe
08-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh my gosh, when does it start??? I didn't even know it was coming back!

Sep 22nd!

shanhat81
08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Sep 22nd!

Can't wait!!!!!

runningfromfat
08-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Can't wait! I've already subscribed to this thread. :D

shanhat81
08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Oh good call, Running ... I've subscribed as well.

maryshady
08-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Can't wait either. Seems like there is an additional cast member. On the NBC page there is an another guy (don't know who he is) pictured with the trainers and host.

StraitLover
08-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Can't wait either. Seems like there is an additional cast member. On the NBC page there is an another guy (don't know who he is) pictured with the trainers and host.

New trainer, Dolvette Quince. He has an interview on the NBC website. He's from Atlanta.

StraitLover
08-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Sep 22nd!

NBC website says 9/20, not 22. Sure wish it had gone back to singles, but it's still couples. Ugh!

Bigmid
08-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info we have to start getting ready for the new challenges and wasn't sure of the date for the new show

kelly315
08-28-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm watching some of the old seasons on Hulu right now. I think I'll wait until season 12 shows up on hulu, mainly because I can't stand the commercials. The show takes 2 hours on network, but only about 1hour 30-35 minutes on hulu. Plus, I like to watch it while I'm on the elliptical, and I can't/don't want to always work out at 8pm.

SC Vitamin C
08-28-2011, 11:26 PM
I will miss Jillian but can't wait to watch. I heard this season it is young vs. old.

peanutt
08-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Here (http://www.phillyburbs.com/blogs/pop_culture_blog/biggest_loser/the-biggest-loser-photos-of-the-season-cast-with-commentary/article_a02eb26e-cfe0-11e0-88f4-0019bb30f31a.html) are some photos and brief bios of the new cast. I had read that it would be singles, 3 teams grouped by age.

redreine
08-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Man, I'm over these "themes" and whatnot.
I just want to see weight loss!

ontarget
08-29-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm pumped!!

StraitLover
08-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I had read that it would be singles, 3 teams grouped by age.

The logo on the NBC website just said Biggest Loser Couples; that's why I assumed couples. Maybe they didn't change it???

Aishah
08-30-2011, 11:02 PM
I went to the biggest loser auditions back in March in Dallas. There were soooo many people there! I stood in so many lines for hours and hours and hours ( I didn't think to bring any type of chair, I noticed that a ton of people brought them, but oh well!) It was quite a long process and many different holding rooms and stages. You finally get put into a room with about 10 other auditioners for about a total of one minute with a casting director. Each person got about 45 seconds to answer about 3 quick questions. We were asked:

What is one word that describes you?
Who do you like more the old trainers or the new trainers?
Why do you want to be on the biggest loser? (Only give 45-60 seconds tops, they did cut you off if you went over.)

I didn't get chosen, but I did meet lots of friendly people and the stories of those who wanted to be healthy and those who have lost all their weight and are now motivational speakers. Oh and a goodie bag with some Biggest Loser snack items.

ontarget
08-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Aishah, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on your weightloss success.

shanhat81
08-31-2011, 01:56 PM
They should have picked you, Aishah!

Katybug
09-07-2011, 12:00 AM
I am looking forward to this season!! I only started watching three years ago, when I met my boyfriend, because he watches it..... every season I was determined I wouldn't get sucked in again, because I do get annoyed that each episode is 2 hours long, when they could easily fit it into 1 hour. It seems like they draaaaag it out and repeat things so much. And don't get me started on the product placements! ;) But...... each season, despsite my best efforts to ignore it while my bf was watching, I would get sucked in by the contestants' stories and admiration of how hard they were working. Now that I am working on losing weight myself, I am excited for a new season! But we definitely watch it on the PVR so we can at least cut out the ads and shorten it up a little ;)

kshe78
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm excited! I've worked out with Dolvett (new trainer) a couple of times. I don't "know" him that well, but I've taken a couple of his boot camp classes at his gym in Atlanta. I love his style! I think he will be...sort of like Jillian, but not screaming in their face as much. So I guess that would be more like Bob. :D

I don't know, but I'm looking forwarding to watching him!

If anybody of you will admit to watching "What Chili Wants" on VH1 (Chili from TLC looking for a man...he was on that show, the first season I think).

ETA: I haven't been here in a long time. Does anybody know where I can edit my location? I can't find it under profile. I don't live in Seattle - I've actually never even been to Seattle, lol. :)

Aishah
09-12-2011, 12:36 AM
They should have picked you, Aishah!

Aw, thank you! I agree with you. lol. ;)
But, it did inspire me to get back into gear. I went home and joined a gym a few weeks after the audition. Since the audition I've lost 45 pounds. Was 280 when I went to audition and I'm 235 as of yesterday.

I'm excited to see the new season! I've never watched a full season before, just a few episodes here and there.

runningfromfat
09-12-2011, 06:04 AM
But, it did inspire me to get back into gear. I went home and joined a gym a few weeks after the audition. Since the audition I've lost 45 pounds. Was 280 when I went to audition and I'm 235 as of yesterday.

I'm excited to see the new season! I've never watched a full season before, just a few episodes here and there.

WOW. That's incredible! Keep up the good work, it sounds like you didn't need the biggest loser after all!

shanhat81
09-12-2011, 09:08 AM

Awesome!!! :carrot:

ontarget
09-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Great loss!

Sinderelly
09-17-2011, 02:35 PM

I went to the Biggest Loser audition in August for Season 13. Stood in line for about 9 hours in the Florida heat. Ha I met a lot of amazing people as well. Britney Aberle (from Season 5) was the Casting Director. We were only asked one question and that was "Tell me about yourself"

I left the casting call feeling pretty motivated. I joined the gym a week later, and have so far lost 15 lbs (the casting call was a little less than a month ago).

I love weighing in with the contestants and comparing my weight to theirs. I also enjoy learning new workouts to do at the gym by watching them. Now that I have joined a gym I can actually try the workouts myself :D

BTW.. SUPER excited about Biggest Loser starting in a few days!!:carrot::carrot:

Aishah
09-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I went to the Biggest Loser audition in August for Season 13. Stood in line for about 9 hours in the Florida heat. Ha I met a lot of amazing people as well. Britney Aberle (from Season 5) was the Casting Director. We were only asked one question and that was "Tell me about yourself"

I left the casting call feeling pretty motivated. I joined the gym a week later, and have so far lost 15 lbs (the casting call was a little less than a month ago).

I love weighing in with the contestants and comparing my weight to theirs. I also enjoy learning new workouts to do at the gym by watching them. Now that I have joined a gym I can actually try the workouts myself :D

BTW.. SUPER excited about Biggest Loser starting in a few days!!:carrot::carrot:

Congrats on your loss! That's awesome!
You're right It is a motivating experience, I think. I remember in one of the holding rooms ( the 3rd or fourth stage of the audition process) was when they had motivational speakers come to speak to the room. They were encouraging us to get out there and not give up, that even if we don't make it on the show, start anyway! It did give me that extra push, because I was kind of in a stand still with my weight loss. I had gone down from 335 to 280, but it was a slow process and I wasn't working out. Now, 5 months later I'm feeling so much better! Down 49 pounds and counting. I know it's not as fast as those who made it on the show have lost weight, but I'm getting there and by this season's finale I hope to be down quite a bit more! :):)

April Snow
09-17-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm looking forward too! It will be fun to watch while I am actively losing weight too. I will do my Wii Fit step program while I watch! lol!

ontarget
09-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I'll do my :ebike: at least 20 minutes while watching.

fattymcfatty
09-19-2011, 04:03 PM
I am super excited for this as well! I will miss Jillian but not Cara. Dolvett seems like he is going to be pretty good for the show. I still don't know about Ana...

April Snow
09-21-2011, 12:05 AM
did anyone watch?

I really did do my Wii Fit steps while I watched - 30 minutes and over 3000 steps! Not exactly a last chance workout but still pretty good.

shanhat81
09-21-2011, 06:52 AM
I watched!!!

I'll admit that I was having trouble keeping everyone straight -- the first few episodes are always kind of a muddle.

170starting
09-21-2011, 06:54 AM
I watched. :D I like the new trainers. and everyone did a fabulous job with their first weigh-in. I can't imagine losingt 15 pounds in a week. I STRUGGLE to lose 1-2.

ontarget
09-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I watched and did 20 min :ebike:. I like the new trainers, too. They seem perfect for the job.

fattymcfatty
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Dolvett is one nice lookin' dude!!!

I'm worried that Ana's team is going to be eliminated super quick. I believe age really helps with weightloss, and yes, I know you can lose at 50, 60, 70, but these folks definitely have a disadvantage competing against 20 year olds...

TooManyDimples
09-21-2011, 02:17 PM

I'm worried that Ana's team is going to be eliminated super quick. I believe age really helps with weightloss, and yes, I know you can lose at 50, 60, 70, but these folks definitely have a disadvantage competing against 20 year olds...

I agree. I figure they'll probably change the game up in a few weeks anyway to make sure the whole blue team doesn't go home first.

Dolvett seems like a really good inspiring trainer. Ana, not so much. I don't think she works well as a trainer, I think she'll be too soft on them, especially since she ended up with the seniors. Her being a trainer just seems like such a gimmick to me.

runningfromfat
09-21-2011, 02:57 PM

I agree.

On the other hand, I actually liked that the older contestants are encouraged to fight for their spots! I got fairly annoyed last season how all the parents felt the need to fall on their swords for their kids (when if anything they needed to be there more than their kids because it IS harder to lose as you get older!). I just wished Bob would've been their trainer because I think they really need that edge.

Ana... I actually don't think she's a bad trainer at all. Shoot, I would LOVE to lose 4lbs/week and that was the least one of her contestants lost. Clearly she's doing something right. She also has the toughest group with most likely the greatest number of health problems. At this point she's also somewhat restricted with what they physically can do. It shows her doing water aerobics and that might be a really great idea, especially for the lady with the knee problems.

Ironically, Bob probably has the easiest group to work with and he's the most experienced trainer there (when it comes to the Biggest Loser setting). I think they were spot on when they said they were young enough to compete physically but old enough to have wisdom. Also, many of them are parents and trust me there's a lot of extra drive there. ;)

The twenty-year olds will certainly be giving them a run for their money but if they are anything like I was in my young 20's they might be very excited about losing weight but might not have as much maturity as the slightly older crowd. Obviously, I'm sure there are some who are there already! But it's just a guess at this point.

kyalpn
09-21-2011, 03:34 PM
This is my first season watching, but now I get all the hype. There is a part to all of their stories that I identify with, and I am so envious of the place they had to come to to say, "I want this. I need this. I WILL put my journey and my vulneralbilities out there for all of America to see." The thought of standing there, "naked" emotionally and physically, for the world to see? I think I want to :barf:. I wish I had that much courage.

This is just the show that feeds my sappy/weepy side, too. When Anna ran out to meet her team and help them over the finish line? Yeah...:cry::hug: :o That was so sweet!

I'm not sure how I'm going to respond to those huge weight loss numbers. I understand they are under doctors care and on strict diets and that they are basically working out all day, but to see someone loss 30 lbs so quickly is gonna make me wanna eat a donut. :^:

Tomato
09-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Dolvett seems like a really good inspiring trainer. Ana, not so much. I don't think she works well as a trainer, I think she'll be too soft on them, especially since she ended up with the seniors. Her being a trainer just seems like such a gimmick to me.

I didn't even know TBL's new season was starting last night, so I watched only few bits and pieces while channel surfing during commercials in What Not To Wear. I really hate that two shows overlap (plus, I have Zumba from 8 to 9).
I was thinking, what kind of sense does it make to have 60-year olds compete against people a generation younger (if not more - like I said, I saw only few bits). Not that weight loss is not possible in senior years but it is an entirely different ballgame than when one is younger. If nothing else, your body simply doesn't recover that quickly from exercise (speaking from my own experience - I am 52). IMHO, the age of the participants should be within a 10 yr range or something like that.

fattymcfatty
09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't think Ana is a bad trainer by any means, I agree with you Tomato that it is a different ballgame. It seems that damage can be reversed quicker if you are younger. Not to say that the blue team can't start really dropping the lbs, I think they will, but probably three or four weeks in, which will be the reverse for the red team.

I agree that a four pound drop is awesome to have in a week. I think Bob might have got the same results as Ana. I think another issue the blue team has is that the larger contestants are on the other teams, and it always seems that those with more to lose drop off the pounds quick in the beginning.

ennay
09-21-2011, 04:34 PM
OKOKOKOK.. I have to say this because everyone is going on about 30 lb losses and the like. Before the first weigh in TBL hosts a buffet to load them up. They GORGE, sodium load, water load, whatever they can to get the highest weight possible.

Frankly I have always thought the first weeks weigh in was more a matter of who managed to preload best. Lots of fiber free carbs water and salt, get bloated and constipated without actually taking in as many calories as maybe someone who went for the carb/fat combo foods.

I thought Anna was a gimmick when they announced her last season. dh thinks its to try to get more male viewers. But no, she cant bring it like Jillian. Or even Kara (although I found her annoying)

As far as the age thing...it is weird...but they'll throw in a few gimmicks to level it out soon.

April Snow
09-21-2011, 05:20 PM
re: the age things

They will probably have some sort of non-physically competitive challenge that at the least would give the old team equal chance, and maybe even do it in a way that is somewhat skewed to give them a better chance of winning.

I also agree they will mix the teams up at some point anyway, and sooner rather than later if they do keep having to send someone from blue team home.

dangerouscurves76
09-21-2011, 05:53 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself! :) Note to Ana: Stop rubbing their backs and figure out a way to truly motivate them! :dizzy:

I don't believe for one second that if Bob was the seniors trainer they would have pulled similar low numbers! 4lbs all week? (I think I heard Jillian screaming when she saw that.) Bob is really good at working around injuries and issues and still producing good weight loss.

On the upside, I'm addicted to BL so I'll be watching no matter what happens!

April Snow: Using the wii steps while watching is a great idea! I'll pull mine out next week. :)

LisaLou
09-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I didn't know about the buffet thing. VERY interesting, but makes so much more sense. I knew they worked really hard during the first week, but a 30 pound loss just didn't make sense before.

I think the older group will do well next week while the other groups will see a much lower loss. I think Bob mentioned the fear of what next week will bring after such big losses. Not too sad about the first person eliminated. (first time in this section and not sure about spoiler rules)

A little surprised at how many whiny men we have this season. Between Antone and Patrick, the tears were flowing. Although, I do think Antone really grew on me. I'm looking forward to Patrick gaining some self-esteem. His self esteem reminds me a little of Matt from long ago. I'm looking forward to the makeover for the guy with glasses and long hair on the red team. LOL

I'll be looking forward to chatting it up with you all this season.

Lisa

ringmaster
09-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't think Anna is a good trainer for the show; I agree she seems to be too soft and nice. I think the older group being with her are going to have a tough time..they might have been better with Bob who has experience with how much to push older people. Dolvett might have even been better for them since he's an actual personal trainer... this is probably Anna's first time training people to exercise and coaching to lose weight.

Purplefirefly
09-22-2011, 07:54 AM
I agree with Ennay's hubby...I thought Ana was put on the show as "eye candy" possibly to get more males to give the show a chance. From what it sounded, she doesn't have any personal training experience and she is WAY too soft. When the one guy wanted to leave she was just like "okay, bye," there just doesn't seem to be any fight in her. The thing about Jillian is she was so passionate and was fighting just as hard for her team as they were fighting for themselves (or harder at times). Bob has that and the new male trainer seems to have it as well, but Ana doesn't seem to have that, or at least not yet. Maybe it will come out of her...but I question if she even has the knowledge to get the oldies team where they need to be to drop the big numbers.

There seems to be so much stacked against the oldies team that it doesn't seem fair. They have the inexperienced trainer and they have all the physical issues with being older working against them. Ana needs to step it up or they will be picked off one by one.

runningfromfat
09-22-2011, 09:49 AM
I've been thinking about this more. One thing I really wished they would've done LAST season was pair of Bob and Jillian each with a new trainer. Then the new trainers could've learned the tricks of the trade from them. Ultimately, I still don't think Ana is doing horribly but she's definitely got the hardest job there and probably could've really used the experience from Bob or Jillian.

peanutt
09-22-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm sure Bob is sharing some of his knowledge about the show process with the new trainers this season, along with the behind-the-scenes support crew of trainers, docs, therapists, etc. He was quoted last season saying that he and Jillian sat down with the new guys and chatted about how they did things on the show.

I definitely agree that Anna has a tough job training the older group. I know that contestants of all ages have done well on the show, but the older women especially seem to lose weight slower than anyone else on the show. She's just so darn sweet I want her to do well....even though I fear she might be a little too soft on the contestants when they need a big push.

I'm actually really looking forward to this season after watching the premiere. I think there are some really interesting contestant stories that we'll hopefully get to see and I think that Dolvett and Bob could be a killer combo for the show.

abluvion
09-24-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm going to keep watching this season just to see more Dolvett! He seems like a great trainer and I like so far how he is handling his team during workouts. I want to see what kind of support he gives them when the personal stuff comes into play as the competition continues. Bob and Jill were great at that because they had the experience.

Hopefully Ana will toughen up a little. She seems a little uncertain of herself.

The age-based teams are an interesting new thing... At first I thought it was SO unfair but then think on past seasons and older people have done SO well... I'm liking the new elements so far!

Purplefirefly
09-24-2011, 09:52 PM
I like Dolvett a lot too...but I cannot remember his name to save my life!

EveLHaelf
09-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Looking like it's a going to be a great season. :carrot:

Are there any articles about the pre weigh in buffet? I googled it several times and can't seem to find anything? :?:

EveLHaelf
09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
ooooh and them ladies from the "older team" are FIGHTING! REOWWWW! hahahahaha

Missy Krissy
09-26-2011, 09:04 PM
I agree with all of the comments about Anna - she seems like she needs to step it up. But she does have a few things going for her: 1) Because she's new to training she has a lot to prove, but that may mean that she'll be willing to learn from her mistakes and work harder and 2) She seems to genuinely care about her team and has an emotional connection to them(could be a good thing or a bad thing actually, depending on how you look at it).

TooManyDimples
09-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Just watched last nights episode. I have to say that Ana still isn't proving anything to me. She just doesn't have what it takes to be a biggest loser trainer. I'm not just saying that because the blue team lost the weighin again, it's because of the way she interacts with them. She just doesn't know how to push and inspire them. Oh well.

Black team is getting annoying already. Two weeks of watching Antone break down and cry like a baby is enough for me. And John is just a big jerk.

cherrypie
09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
well I watched my first episode last night.

I really like the new guy. He seemed like the right combination of tough and tender. And he's not so hard on the eyes.

Bob really dissapointed me and usually I love him. He seemed to be channeling Gillian's nasty side. Does anyone really think that yelling at someone and pushing them so far they fall off the bike really serves any purpose?

Didn't watch much of Anna's training but it seemed pretty lax.

Of course they could just be editing it to look that way.

April Snow
09-28-2011, 12:49 PM
It has been interesting that Dolvett is getting the most positive edit of all 3 trainers. I think Bob doesn't really care about how he is portrayed at this point - I thought he was going to leave when Jillian left but maybe this is his last year?

I am still not sure how I feel about Anna - I think aside from the age, she just has an unmotivated team except for Becky and Mike. I am not sure if either of the other trainers would have gotten much more effort out of Johnny and Bonnie. But it looks like being home was the right thing for Johnny, he looks great and definitely seems very happy.

ontarget
09-28-2011, 02:42 PM
My only complaint about Dolvett was his harping to the Red Team about their losing the competition for the 2 pound advantage. I thought he was being very negative about something that had already happened and needed to show a more positive attitude. Other than that--I like him.

ennay
09-28-2011, 04:13 PM
My only complaint about Dolvett was his harping to the Red Team about their losing the competition for the 2 pound advantage. I thought he was being very negative about something that had already happened and needed to show a more positive attitude. Other than that--I like him.

I dont know. For some people that might be a bad training technique but it is often a good technique with a younger crowd. I saw it more along the lines of building the expectation that on this team less than 100% at all times is unacceptable. We WILL win every competition, we will never grow complacent.

I thought they were shaping Bob into miniJillian as well but not in how he yelled - he's done that before, but in how he tried to be all Dr Phil psychoanalytic about the whole thing.

So ....some twist will happen next week to prevent the blue team from being decimated.

ontarget
09-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Maybe so. I thought they did their best on this competition. I may be wrong though. Thank you for your post.

medigal
09-28-2011, 08:00 PM
I like Dolvette a lot and I'm not too sure about Anna yet. Bob is getting an interesting edit this season; did you see the part where they had him laughing maniacally during a workout?

I understand the whole "battle of the ages" thing, but it is pretty unfair when you consider Bonnie has such a bad knee and can barely limp around during the challenges.

KD1234
09-28-2011, 08:09 PM
This is my first season watching this, and I feel like in comparison to the other trainers Anna is not as harsh as the others and that is part of why the Blue team is doing so bad in my opinion. I'm sad I never got interested in this show til after Jillian was already gone. I've been watching The Doctor's with Jillian now and I imagine she was a great trainer.

As a newbie to this show, does anyone know what kind of diet do they put the contestants on? Is there info about it anywhere? Just curious about it. I imagine its a pretty structured diet catered to them since exercise regiment is pretty extreme.

April Snow
09-28-2011, 09:35 PM
I understand the whole "battle of the ages" thing, but it is pretty unfair when you consider Bonnie has such a bad knee and can barely limp around during the challenges.

I think that Bonnie could push herself more than she does, although I also think that is where Anna falls short as a trainer - a more experienced trainer would be able to work out better exercise modifications for her, the way Bob has for Jennifer who has a knee injury. That doesn't address the challenges, of course, but I think she could be working out harder than she is and do a bit better on the scale. This is all of course in Biggest Loser terms, a person in the real world would be happy to lose 7 lbs in two weeks, but it's not the kind of loss that being on BL and having hours and hours a day to devote to exercise normally gets you.

ennay
09-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I think Anna underestimates how much her team could do. She was having all of them do something with little baby weights. I dont recall pretty pink dumbbells in any of the older contestants hands in previous seasons. Even Mike was using pretty baby weights and he looks pretty strong.

Diet -well if you go by the little they talk about diet on the show you would think it is entirely subway, jennie-o, yoplait, biggest loser protein powder and stuff steamed in ziploc bags and extra chewing gum but I believe I read that men are 1500 and women are 1200 cals/day

canadianwoman
09-28-2011, 11:56 PM
From what I can gather after watching the show for years thier diet seems to be a lowfat, low-ish carb, low calorie approach.

ringmaster
09-29-2011, 12:57 AM
still not feeling Anna... hoping she picks up during the season. besides that, really seems the older group has it unfair.. not winning the challenge and all.

This is my first season watching this, and I feel like in comparison to the other trainers Anna is not as harsh as the others and that is part of why the Blue team is doing so bad in my opinion. I'm sad I never got interested in this show til after Jillian was already gone. I've been watching The Doctor's with Jillian now and I imagine she was a great trainer.

As a newbie to this show, does anyone know what kind of diet do they put the contestants on? Is there info about it anywhere? Just curious about it. I imagine its a pretty structured diet catered to them since exercise regiment is pretty extreme.

it's been mentioned the females eat around 1200 calories a day. I found this awhile ago, not sure how true it is but it seems ok http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/biggest-loser-diet
hopefully they aren't really eating the sugary yoplait yogurts!

ennay
09-29-2011, 07:51 AM
still not feeling Anna... hoping she picks up during the season. besides that, really seems the older group has it unfair.. not winning the challenge and all.

it's been mentioned the females eat around 1200 calories a day. I found this awhile ago, not sure how true it is but it seems ok http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/biggest-loser-diet
hopefully they aren't really eating the sugary yoplait yogurts!

All the ads are for the artificially sweetened yoplait. Bleeeech.

kyalpn
09-29-2011, 09:48 AM
I thought the episode was interesting in that, to me, it seemed like they were doing a lot more advertising (ahem--yolplait), and trying to create a little more drama (what's with the black team suddenly having a problem? Did John really say all those things to Antone? And why did Antone act like he didn't really know about it? And did I miss a part somewhere? It seemed out of the blue...)

Bob...he is crazy. :dizzy:

shanhat81
09-29-2011, 02:42 PM
All the ads are for the artificially sweetened yoplait. Bleeeech.

My sentiments exactly.

I really think Anna is doing her best, but I also think she needs some help ... Bonnie needs some serious modification and I think Mike needs more of a challenge. Maybe Becky, too.

I really felt for the guy who found out he had diabetes ... I've been there recently with hypertension (which I know I say over and over, but it's the cornerstone of my motivation for weight loss), and it just sucks to have that wall come down.

medigal
09-29-2011, 05:39 PM
I thought the episode was interesting in that, to me, it seemed like they were doing a lot more advertising (ahem--yolplait), and trying to create a little more drama (what's with the black team suddenly having a problem? Did John really say all those things to Antone? And why did Antone act like he didn't really know about it? And did I miss a part somewhere? It seemed out of the blue...)

Bob...he is crazy. :dizzy:

The product placement is getting out of hand. "You guys, did you know Yoplait makes low-fat yogurt in dessert flavors like red velvet cake? It's soooo delicious and only has 100 calories." Not to mention those Brita water bottles are all over the place (I actually want one, but the product placement makes me laugh). I am just waiting for another tutorial on how to use Ziploc bags or a speech on how great Jennie-O turkey is.

kris2008
09-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I am very surprised how much I like Anna! She is so sweet with those older folks and seems to really care. I didn't think she would be like that.

fattymcfatty
09-30-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm disappointed in my Brita bottle. DH ran out and bought 2, and I'm hoping we just need a new filter. Now I can only drink half the water from the bottle and when it gets past halfway the water stops flowing through the bottle. They didn't do this when we first got them...

Missy Krissy
09-30-2011, 05:14 PM
After watching the second episode I really think that Anna is too soft on her team, and like previous posters have commented she underestimates them. She reminds me of a tired mom begging her kids to listen to her instead of a good coach who'll kick your butt.

ennay
09-30-2011, 06:48 PM
After watching the second episode I really think that Anna is too soft on her team, and like previous posters have commented she underestimates them. She reminds me of a tired mom begging her kids to listen to her instead of a good coach who'll kick your butt.

That is a good analogy. Kind of ineffectual. I did have a flash of "so whatcha gonna do about it" go through my head when watching just like a snotty kid.

maryshady
10-02-2011, 09:25 AM
I feel the same way. I like Anna as a person. I think she is sweet and caring (I would have never thought that before). But she has no experience as a trainer. I can't understand for the life of me why when there are so many trainers all over the US they couldn't find two professional trainers! I feel so bad for the Blue team, they are not getting the true experience of the ranch.

I really feel for Becky, she seems so strong & could possibly stay in this to the end but she doesn't have a chance if they don't change the game up.

Can't stand some of their product placements. Most of the stuff they push as snacks is pure junk! Why not push Greek Yogurt which is full of protein and not full of crap!

I believe their diet is eating a small amount of protein everytime they eat. Found it here: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/biggest-loser-diet

Just wanted to say so glad it is in teams format this year. I have watched from the beginning and absolutely hate the couples format.

ennay
10-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Can't stand some of their product placements. Most of the stuff they push as snacks is pure junk! Why not push Greek Yogurt which is full of protein and not full of crap!.

because greek yogurt doesn't have a big enough budget

shanhat81
10-02-2011, 10:31 AM
^ Sad but true.

maryshady
10-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Ennay-you are absolutely right. I do understand it is a business and it needs to make money to stay on the air. But you would think they would go after ligit sponsors with products who would really help their viewers.

maryshady
10-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Excited to watch tonite!

TooManyDimples
10-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Good episode this week.

I was happy for Mike, seems the draw to win those tickets was a lot more motivation than Ana's training. Of course I'm sure she finally deserves some credit from me considering the blue team finally had a good week. =)

I'm tired of the black team winning everything too. Mainly because I really dislike John after the way he acted last week and watching Antone cry every week is getting so annoying.

I felt so bad for the red team. It was really touching to see how close they've all gotten and how much they care about each other. I hope next week is better for them. I think the boys on their team really need to step it up.

ennay
10-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm NOT tired of seeing Black win. I'm rooting for black.

April Snow
10-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I think that Dolvett is not as knowledgeable at weight loss as Bob. I am guessing that his background is more about physical conditioning, body scuplting, etc. and not as much having to lose large sums of weight. So I think he's a good trainer in the gym and he knows how to motivate his team, but I don't know that he's giving them the dietary information to get them to the point where they can drop the weight as quickly. Because those were some CRAZY numbers for the black team last night!

And I'm thinking maybe Anna went to Bob for some pointers because she seemed to be doing a better job of training her team too. She definitely pushed them harder and I wonder if Bob (or someone else) told her that it was ok to push them more - I think it would be hard to understand the appropriate limits without the experience both on the show or as a trainer overall. I think Dolvett does know the limits and gets a lot out of his people in the gym, but they need to work on the food. I'm sure they will split the teams at some point and I would not be at all surprised to see current Red team members start to be extremely sucessful with more input from other trainers, they do seem to be pretty motivated and hard working.

April Snow
10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm NOT tired of seeing Black win. I'm rooting for black.

I'm rooting for black too (my own age group!) but I am still not a big fan of John so I won't mind if he's the first to go when Black does lose a week.

My favorite is Jennifer - she has such a great attitude and even with the injury, she's doing amazingly well. And I think she's very pretty and will be drop dead gorgeous when she loses the weight.

kyalpn
10-05-2011, 12:55 PM
That was a tough elimination last night. The whole Red team is so young and has some of the biggest issues as far as health goes. I'm not sure who I could've voted for in the same situation. Something about Ramone is quite compelling to me. I haven't put my finger on it yet...

Black Team is my age group, and the fact that a lot of them are motivated by their young children is so awesome. That they are trying to live for their families is so powerful. You can see it everytime Bob pushes them by using their children's names and telling them to do just one more because So-and-So is watching. I think that, in some ways, they have an advantage because they are so much heavier as a group that it takes more energy to do what they do. In theory, I would expect them to burn more calories and lose more weight...

Blue Team...so happy for them. I'm glad Anna changed it up a little with the circuit. The threat of having only 2 players left motivated her, I think, to think a little outside the box and really motivate her group. I loved how at the end of the forth quarter they had burned an average of what? 8-900 calories? And Bonnie's reaction at finally getting 7 pounds, and her little speech about "getting off the couch and do something no matter how old you are"...I won't lie, I teared up a little. And I think having fewer team members is a blessing in disguise since they don't have to put up the big numbers to have a higher percent of weight lost as a team.

I can't really say which team I'm going for. They all have stories that touch me on some level.

I agree that John is the snake in the grass of them all, though. I'd watch my back if I were any of them...

ontarget
10-05-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm Blue Team Age. I honestly don't have a favorite yet. I'm also a retired teacher and am not happy with John. It bothers me a lot to see educators acting the way he is. I want him to set a better example for his students and athletes.

I felt sorry for Antone. That had to hurt when the other contestants were thrilled to see the NFL players and weren't that excited about his being there. But then maybe it's a good thing they aren't putting him into that celebrity category. It make help keep him safer during eliminations.

I could go on and on. I'm really enjoying this season and am looking forward to seeing the "new" contestants toward season's end.

Lisa532
10-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Biggest loser is such an inspiration - I don't care if it is couples, old vs. young, etc... It helps me to lose and I love the show..!!!

ontarget
10-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I agree, Lisa.

runningfromfat
10-07-2011, 06:00 PM
That was a tough elimination last night. The whole Red team is so young and has some of the biggest issues as far as health goes. I'm not sure who I could've voted for in the same situation. Something about Ramone is quite compelling to me. I haven't put my finger on it yet...

Black Team is my age group, and the fact that a lot of them are motivated by their young children is so awesome. That they are trying to live for their families is so powerful. You can see it everytime Bob pushes them by using their children's names and telling them to do just one more because So-and-So is watching. I think that, in some ways, they have an advantage because they are so much heavier as a group that it takes more energy to do what they do. In theory, I would expect them to burn more calories and lose more weight...

Blue Team...so happy for them. I'm glad Anna changed it up a little with the circuit. The threat of having only 2 players left motivated her, I think, to think a little outside the box and really motivate her group. I loved how at the end of the forth quarter they had burned an average of what? 8-900 calories? And Bonnie's reaction at finally getting 7 pounds, and her little speech about "getting off the couch and do something no matter how old you are"...I won't lie, I teared up a little. And I think having fewer team members is a blessing in disguise since they don't have to put up the big numbers to have a higher percent of weight lost as a team.

I can't really say which team I'm going for. They all have stories that touch me on some level.

I agree that John is the snake in the grass of them all, though. I'd watch my back if I were any of them...

Yes to all of this. I really like all the teams and I have a hard time finding one to cheer for. I was cheering for the blue team this time around simply because I didn't want them to lose another member but beyond that (and not counting John) all the contestants really seem to be working hard this season and seem to have some interesting background stories.

Goddess Jessica
10-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Did anyone else burst into tears when Jennifer got on the scale and saw that huge loss?! I totally did.

The Red Team doesn't have my sympathy because Vinny and Ramon are slacking off. Jessica has lost as much weight as Ramon and she weighs a 100 pounds less. That's just ridiculous. He was all "I always shoot for the stars" and I was like 7 pounds? No, no you don't. That's the kind of weight loss I would expect in a couple of weeks, not week 3.

I am so glad no one else likes Johnny. What a jerk!

I felt the calorie burning challenge was total BS. Of course Black would win. That's simple physics. They have a larger overall mass and therefore burn more calories on average. What were the producers thinking? I am glad they decided to turn down the prize.

Anna still underwhelms me. She's like a cheerleader who is trying to act mean but is just... meh.

runningfromfat
10-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Did anyone else burst into tears when Jennifer got on the scale and saw that huge loss?! I totally did.

:cheers: Me too!

I think she's probably one of my favorites so far (not that I'm biased because I've been limited also due to my knees ;) ).

Purplefirefly
10-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I vote to replace Ana with one of the returning members we saw last night! Hannah would make a great trainer and she knows more than Ana just by going through it before.

Jennifer is my only favorite right now because she has so much against her yet is doing awesome! I wish they would do something to shake the teams up. I feel bad for the blue team, it seems they were out of the game before they even started. They have the worst coach, probably the worst metabolisms due to age, and I'm sure the worst "I can't do it" mentalities.

Ana is really bothering me with all the talk about how it's great working with old people, and they are "just slower" ... they don't have to be slower! I don't remember Bob or Jillian ever treating older contestants any different than the younger ones. I just think Ana has the impression that old people cannot do as much, so she doesn't expect as much and therefore she doesn't get as much out of them. Too bad! They seem to be progressing some and pushing themselves a bit more, but it is too late, the team is practically gone.

Now that they cut the male who was pulling the bigger numbers...they have no chance unless something is done to mix up teams next week.

TooManyDimples
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Good episode. I was sorry to see the blue team lose again, but I think we all knew it was inevitable. I think they are going to have to change the game up soon, I don't see them just letting the whole blue team go before making a change.

I'm becoming a big fan of Jennifer. It's really impressive to see what she's accomplishing with her injury. I'm starting to like the black team a lot more, still think John is a big jerk though. =)

It was nice to see Ramone step it up. I'm still completely underwhelmed by Vinny. At his starting weight he should have lost more than he has. Sure 44lbs in 4 weeks is amazing, but not for someone on this show, and as heavy as he is. I like Dolvett more and more ever week but he needs to put some focus on Vinny because he's definitely not pulling his weight for the team. Literally! =)

ontarget
10-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree about Vinny and am wondering if his eating's off track.

April Snow
10-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I thought this was a good episode, although it kind of spoiled my opinion of Coach Mike a bit. You don't whine about not sending a leader home, a leader would be the first one to step up to go home if he wasn't successfully leading his team. I realize that he's not the trainer, but I just don't see him being a leader to the other Blue players in actions, it was more just talk talk talk about being a leader. And major props to Ramon for truly leading, esp. on that challenge where he was proving to his team and himself that he was trully there to work hard.

Jennifer is my favorite too, and what she is accomplishing with an injury is truly phenomenal and very inspiring.

misswinter
10-12-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't care for Ana at all and wonder who thought she was such a great choice to be a trainer. I think the blue team is getting a bad deal out of that. I do really like Dolvett though and think he's been a good addition to the BL family. I agree that Coach Mike's whining turned me off a big last night. I was so happy for Bonnie and how she's really pushing through things now.

fattymcfatty
10-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I think Bonnie committed suicide for the blue team by sending Mike home. I agree Mike shouldn't have whined about it, but really, he was dropping the largest numbers and had one bad week. I'm sure if he would have stayed he would have had another good week. And this only irritates me because I like the blue team, and want them to not lose another person, and think this whole set-up has been unfair to them.

DH was laughing at the teaser for next week. Maybe Bob gets sent away so the other teams have a shot at winning a weigh-in? Pathetic!

ontarget
10-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I thought Bonnie made a mistake, too. I'm really thinking that's what Mike was thinking, too. I didn't take his actions as whining--just strategy-thinking.

Funny about Bob's leaving. We were thinking the same.

fattymcfatty
10-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I think it was the fact that Mike just stomped out of the elimination room without telling either lady goodbye. Maybe he was in shock though.

ringmaster
10-12-2011, 09:04 PM
wow... Hannah looks amazing! she's really even in better shape than when she finished last season... looks like maybe she had some work done, but it was worth it. I think she'd be a better trainer than Anna.

ontarget
10-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Hannah did look fabulous. I think she'd be a good trainer, too. Plus, she's "been there" where the contestants are and where they're coming from emotionally.

cherrypie
10-13-2011, 02:19 AM
having a contestant come back as a trainer is an awesome idea

runningfromfat
10-13-2011, 12:43 PM
I really love the idea of a former contestant coming back as a trainer! I think either Hannah or Marci (because shoot, she already owns a gym!) would be great choices. I really want to like Anna but I think it's become more and more obvious that it's just not a good match. I think in the real world she'd be great but she just doesn't have the experience to know how to motivate the team and push them to their absolute limits. They should definitely keep Dolvett around, though.

I'm another on Team Jennifer. She kind of reminds me of Courtney last season just because she's so encouraging and is always trying 100%. It's great when they really have some inspiring contestants on the show. I also was impressed with Ramon last night and wow he even followed through with leading at the weigh-in, good for him!

I really hope they do something next week to switch things up a bit, ugh. I hated to see Coach Mike go, but he looked great a home and I have to say the contestants who have gone home this season really seem to have stayed on track.

April Snow
10-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I did a Biggest Loser video work out yesterday with Tara as the trainer, and she wasn't very good. I know that filming a video is a little bit different and she might be able to do better in person, but I am not sure that just having gone through the weight loss/Biggest Loser process makes you a good trainer.

As for the elimination, they are still at the "who NEEDS to be here more?" phase. I think that the players to really bond with each other and it's hard for them to send someone home - it's not that they don't want to win, but they really do look more at the bigger picture and not just the competition aspect.

shanhat81
10-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Coach Mike looked good in his reveal, at least.

Count me in on the Team Jennifer bandwagon. Also digging Sunny.

maryshady
10-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Some real shockers last night. I never got the vibe before the Jennifer was so messed up in the head. Was surprised to see most everyone on the black team suggest she has some real issues. I still think she is doing fabulous weight wise. With her injuries she really doesn't let anything stop her. Was so happy for Sunny. She did fabulous.

Happy for Courtney. She looked great at home!!! What a beautiful girl. I always thought the red team was a little phony with the "oh we love each other so much" crap. They turned on her in a second and you notice she just took off out of there without so much as a hug or goodbye. She was right about Vinny. He should be one of the biggest losers percentage wise with so much weight to lose. I think most of the women have him beat.

Have I said I can't stand Bonnie. Wanted her to go home so badly last week but she had immunity. She is just a whiner and a complainer. She refuses to push herself. I absolutely hate when she says "I hope slow and steady will win the race" Hey Bonnie that is never the case at the Biggest Loser Ranch! Would have love to have seen her with Jillian as a trainer. She would have knocked that attitude out the first week! lol!!!

cherrypie
10-19-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm curious to see what the deal is with jennifer is as well.

ontarget
10-19-2011, 10:46 AM
I am glad Bob backed Anna last night. He wouldn't put up with Bonnie's attitude one minute. I'm almost 65 years old, obese, and--hopefully--not a whiner. I'm wondering if Bonnie was a good choice for the Ranch. I'm thinking not and am hoping to be proved wrong. I'd love to see Bonnie being successful and taking responsibility for herself and not blaming others or whining.

I'm really proud of Sonny. We live not too distant to Frisco, TX and endured the 110+* weather this summer. I was extremely impressed with Bob and her for working out outdoors. I confess I hibernated under air-conditioning not venturing outside after 10 am. Even 9 pm was around 100* for weeks.

Hmmmmm.....maybe I need an attitude adjustment myself and need to stop whining about the weather, etc.... and get outside and exercise.

TooManyDimples
10-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Yeah, the only person Vinny is beating percentage wise is Bonnie, and that's not really something to brag about. She's getting on my nerves too now.

There was definitely a lot of drama last night. The whole thing with Jennifer seemed to come out of no where. They only show us what they want to and it's kind of weird to just pop out with that stuff in week 5.

Sunny did fabulous, was really happy for her. I think at this point my favorites are Sunny and Becky. I did like Courtney and was sorry to see her go.

Jessica always looks like she's in a horrible mood and it really turned me off how she said Courtney was her best friend there and then in the next sentence she voted her off. Not the smartest move on her part either because the next time they lose a weighin if she doesn't have the highest percent she's definitely the next to go.

Still can't stand John. =)

kyalpn
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Last night was an odd one for drama. Jennifer feeling like an outsider and Antone's reaction was out of the blue, and the tension between Bonnie and Anna was weird. Last week she loved Anna, and this week they don't get along? :dizzy: I didn't see Bob backing Anna. When the "confrontation" started before the weigh in, I tuned out for a little while. What did he say?

I can't believe the Red Team isn't doing as well as I thought. I was sure they would win a weigh in by now. Dolvette is doing as much as he can. I mean, my goodness! He is scary in that gym!

sandcar150
10-19-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm late in joining this thread, but also wanted to chime in here that Bonnie is driving me nuts, too. When she fell in that challenge, you would have thought she had broken her back with the way she was moaning and carrying on. The whole episode I wanted to smack her upside the head. Oh, how I'd wish they'd bring back Jillian just for a day to train Bonnie. I'd bet within the first ten minutes she'd be begging to have Anna back and never complain again.

Aside from that and the Jennifer drama, doesn't next weeks' Halloween episode look great? I don't think they've ever done an episode like that, have they? I laughed when they showed it, because minutes before I was just telling my sister that I wish they'd do a Halloween themed episode but didn't think they would since this was filmed months ago. Surprise! Oh, and how about the budding romance? Should be a great show.

ontarget
10-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Bob said something about agreeing with Anna and that trainers didn't have much time to work with contestants so they had to focus on training and not on making friendships.

I'm also anxious for next week's "spooky" show.:sklol: :bat:

shoeluver67
10-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Bonnie needs to go and should have NEVER been let on the Ranch in the first place. I get why they picked her...but there was NO WAY. I'm over her and not rooting for her anymore, she needs to go home. I'm all about Becky right now i think...she's becoming an ANIMAL!!

TooManyDimples
10-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Aside from that and the Jennifer drama, doesn't next weeks' Halloween episode look great? I don't think they've ever done an episode like that, have they? I laughed when they showed it, because minutes before I was just telling my sister that I wish they'd do a Halloween themed episode but didn't think they would since this was filmed months ago. Surprise! Oh, and how about the budding romance? Should be a great show.

Ohhhhh, that sounds awesome. I watch the episodes online the morning after they air so I don't see the previews for the next week. I'll be looking forward to next weeks episode. And someone has to fill me in... budding romance? =)

sandcar150
10-19-2011, 09:08 PM
And someone has to fill me in... budding romance? =)

Oh, gosh...I am so bad with names, but I believe it's with the guy on the under 30s team with the long, dark hair and beard and the blond girl on the same team. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.:?:

ontarget
10-19-2011, 09:16 PM
I think you're right. Ramon and the blond. Is her name Jessica?

Becky's looking awesome. I am very happy for her.

TooManyDimples
10-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah Jessica. I figured that's who you had to be talking about since I'm pretty sure everyone else is married but Vinny. Interesting.... =)

pam920
10-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Bonnie is getting on my last nerve too. Man, she's a real whiner. I don't see her lasting much longer.

ontarget
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
I wonder if any of the contestants read these threads. I'd love to hear what they have to say. (If they are allowed to say anything.)

runningfromfat
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I wonder if any of the contestants read these threads. I'd love to hear what they have to say. (If they are allowed to say anything.)

No clue! But I know that there's someone on here who's friends with Jessica (I think) in real life. It was mentioned on another thread.

ontarget
10-20-2011, 09:07 PM
That's interesting. I'd like to hear from Jessica or anyone else who's on the show or knows someone on the show.

maplemag
10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Oh thank goodness I found this thread. I've been watching BL for a while now, I laugh and fast forward through most of it. I can't believe how ridiculous it has gotten.
And yes, Bonnie gets on my last nerve! I am rooting for the red team, just because I want to see them win. I feel for them but a what a few of you have pointed out has made me start to doubt Vinny, he really should be losing a lot more than he is.
Ah, well, it's all "reality" tv.

EZMONEY
10-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Just a couple of quick comments after looking through this thread this morning.

Evidently BONNIE had no clue she would be pushed on the BL show! I can't stand her either...COACH should still be there.

ANNA is not BOB but she is quite qualified to train the group she is with! She has taken a bad rap her whole life because all she could be was only a top 10 single players in the world...don't forget she was #1 in doubles...she is not worth over 50 million on looks alone...give the kid a break!

ANTONE does not get the recognition of an NFL player the other guys got because he was a huge draft bust and had a reputation of being lazy and an underachiever. I am glad to see him step up a little! Good for him!

I think VINNY may be a behind the scenes "snacker".....step up or shut up!

ontarget
10-25-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm excited about tonight's show.

kyalpn
10-26-2011, 09:44 AM
OK...that was just crazy! I know everyone got on Jen for her attitude, but none of them pulled decent numbers except John. What is up with that?

And what was up with Anna at the beginning of the show saying "It's no secret that Jennifer relies on Bob...." Uh....it was to me. Or am I that unobservant? :?: Either way, I think her attitude was just a tad on the obsessive side. But maybe that's just me. :dizzy:

cherrypie
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
she was pretty obsessed. And what about Anna outing the love birds on the scale? was that inappropriate or what? Wonder how bob is going to react to the black team voting out one of their own.

MindiV
10-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I took Anna's outing the two of them as concern. I think it probably did play a big part in their numbers...we all get a little complacent in new relationships. These two are probably no exception.

Couldn't believe the 5 pound gain, though! Why didn't anyone accuse her of game playing, like they've done in the past?

TooManyDimples
10-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Well that was a crazy episode.

Liked seeing Bob really go at Vinny. Vinny grew on me a bit this week. Every time I think of him saying, "I'll stone them with candy" I giggle. haha

I still don't love John, but this week made me soften up to him a little bit.

Ramon and Jessica were cute. Who knows if it's a relationship that will last, but it seems like they're really helping each other. I'm sure the producers pushed Ana to have that little talk with Jessica and they were trying to build some drama with that little scale confrontation thing Ana did, but I thought that was really uncool. Almost everyone had a bad week so her singling them out and trying to say the relationship had something to do with it was completely wrong.

Poor Sunny, they always say traveling and all that does funny things with the scale, but 5lbs was crazy and she was so devastated.

Yeah, Jen seemed a bit obsessed with Bob. She was way too emotionally attached to him. When she and John voted for Ramon I was getting mad but I'm glad the rest of the Black team did what was right for themselves and got the bad energy out of the house instead of worrying about Bob wanting the team to stay together. Jen was doing great at home so hopefully she works on her emotional issues because she seems like a great person otherwise.

Yep, crazy crazy episode.

ontarget
10-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Yep, crazy episode. I missed the first 15 minutes but will catch it in a few minutes. In fact, I'm going to rewatch the whole thing. I don't understand why all but John had "Ranch Pitiful" losses.

ennay
10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
I though Anna was very negative with a lot of her scale comments. Bob and Dolvett were all propping Sunny up and she was miss negative. And there was someone else she said kind of negative scale stuff to.

My guess is on Sunny with the pressure to save the black team last week she weighed in severely dehydrated and was expecting to at least lose the difference this week, but she rehydrated and didnt lose much real weight. Nobody accused her of game playing because everyone knew what she did to make it happen last week and who was going to be mad at her about that?

There is producer shenanigans to consider. Last season (? The season before?) they did a group weight challenge and there were a bunch of low numbers. Whatever the reason for the low numbers (short "week", they changed up everyone's trainers so were expecting extra water weight, they changed up something else in the house that they didnt tell us about - maybe a carbohydrate refeed week ) my guess is the producers EXPECTED low numbers and hence partly the reason for the structure of this weeks weigh in. Despite Bob's acting skills (sarcasm) I dont think he or any of the trainers was as shocked by the low numbers as they pretended to be.

Remember we dont know how long a week is on the ranch. Some weeks are longer than others. (which is why they finally started saying last season that it was the record for 6"weigh-ins", not 6 weeks)

Somni
10-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I just started watching this season, I'm really enjoying it so far! I noticed the other day that Netflix seems to have all the old seasons on streaming too so I've been thinking of starting those up at some point as well.

I wasn't crazy about what Anna did on the scale. Nearly everyone had bad numbers that week, so there was no reason to single Ramon out and basically chastise him in front of everyone, especially when she's not even their trainer (even if this is all for 1 week).

I don't know, Jen seemed like kind of an emotional drain to be around. I still don't know if I could vote off someone from my team if I didn't have to, but I imagine when you feel someone is a negative energy that could be incredibly taxing when there are enough pressures to deal with.

One of my friends said Jen mentioned Bob so much at the end that she almost expected her to show up on camera wearing an I heart Bob t-shirt (apparently such things exist!).

shoeluver67
10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
well, you gotta figure that there is probably a lot of stuff going on that we DON'T see in the house, and at workouts, so Jen could have really been a mess for all we know....heck, Antone was saying that LAST week, that she needed a million different doctors (he even included Dr. Dre which i thought was hilarious!). I just want Bonnie to go...i can't stand watching her at ALL anymore. i would way rather have Jen and her headcase drama on the show than have to listen to Bonnie and her freaking excuses and whining. Plus she is just DEAD weight...did anyone notice in the Maze challenge that she didn't even DO it?!?! she went through one time and that was it. every time you saw her she was standing at the finish line, she never went back in. i was hoping Bob was going to single her out and teach her a lesson for the way she was whining about Anna. *sigh* no such luck.

maplemag
10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
I felt so bad for Jen... Either, I'm not paying attention or I'm a true softie for her. I didn't see that she has a hassle to be around. I mean, hello, you all have emotional issues and that's why you eat! Jen's problems didn't seem any different to me... I was actually getting sick of Antone complaining that he wasn't being treated like an NFL player and even more sick of him when he kept crying and collapsing.
I was actually glad that someone called Ramon and Jessica out for their budding romance. When I was in inpatient treatment, there were always the people who had "rehab romances" and that really helps to deflect attention away from working on yourself, you end up focusing on the other person, the relationship and can end up losing yourself. Jessica has said that she has "lost her identity" in prior relationships, which is why I was glad someone said something, I will say that Anna's delivery isn't always the greatest.

Weird show last night though, I definitely felt like this week some producer was either messing with the "scale" or it was a very short week.

maplemag
10-26-2011, 03:24 PM
he even included Dr. Dre which i thought was hilarious!

omg! i had to rewind that like 5 times... hilarious!!!

kyalpn
10-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, Jen seemed a bit obsessed with Bob. She was way too emotionally attached to him.

Thank you, TooManyDimples. That is exactly the sentiment I was looking for this morning and couldn't come up with.

One of my friends said Jen mentioned Bob so much at the end that she almost expected her to show up on camera wearing an I heart Bob t-shirt (apparently such things exist!).

Somni, your friend is right. When Jen says she loves Bob, I'm not sure that it's just a word she is using...

I think Anna doesn't always have the best timing or use the most tact, but she does have a valid point about relationships being a distraction. That's why these people are being isolated from their families. And I think it was a good point to make for them because while no one had good numbers, those two are the only ones with a different dynamic added to this process. Far be it from me to criticize or try to tromp out a budding "love", but it is something they need to evaluate and keep in the front of their minds.

I wish the producers would let this be a real reality show instead of staging things and manipulating numbers, if that's what they are doing (If that sort of thing is responsible for the dismal numbers last night, shame on them. If they aren't, how in the world did that happen?). The weight loss journey is so different and special for each person, that their trials and triumphs and discoveries about themselves is motivational enough.

ennay
10-26-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not saying they are necessary manipulating numbers, just that they had reason to expect a low week. What we dont see is everything that goes on with the weekly medical evaluations, we DONT see what they eat, a lot goes on that we dont see. Maybe the doctors didnt like what they were seeing in a fair number of people and ordered some change in routine/break/dietary change etc for a week. It's happened before where a whole week was "off" crazy low and I think the producers dont necessarily do it for drama but take advantage of it. i.e. timing "reset" weeks together so they dont lose a potential superstar. Or in this case they can control a bit who gets eliminated by protecting 1 vs. yellow line.

EZMONEY
10-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I have always been a big fan of ANNA ;)

but set up or not that was uncalled for about the two kids at the weigh in. I hope the producers set that up and she didn't do it on her own.

I will say the whole CANDY FIASCO and Bob being sooooo :mad: was one of the worst "reality" skits evvv-errrr!

April Snow
10-26-2011, 08:51 PM
that was definitely an odd episode. If Jen was such a downer to the whole house, why were we not shown any of it until one random comment last week? And other than Vinny's hissy fit, we didn't really see anything except people talking about how awful she is, not anything awful that she actually DID. Based on what I was seeing, she was one of my favorites on the show. She seemed like a very hard worker and she pulled amazing numbers considering her injury and the fact that she has been on CRUTCHES part of the time! Granted, she is a little Bob-obsessed, but I don't think that was apparent before last night either.

But I am not surprised that the Black team decided to eat one of their own. I think they expected that when they got down to 9 people, they'd shuffle the teams so I think they thought this would make them seem like less of a threat to new teammates on their new teams - proof that they are willing to send home another (former) Black team member, even if we know that Joe and Antone will never vote for each other regardless of what team they are on. I suspect that even though Sunny voted with them last night, they consider her expendable, though.

And yes, PLEASE get Bonnie OFF MY TV. She has got to be the single most annoying BL contestant I have ever seen and while I haven't watched every single series, I've seen most of them. And that screeching when she is push to actually exercise? I pity the others having to try to focus on their own workouts while listening to that caterwauling.

fattymcfatty
10-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Oh yes, Bonnie needs an attitude adjustment big time. I have never seen weight loss numbers so low this early into a season. Even last year the numbers were higher. Why is Vinny not losing double digits? I don't get it...

ringmaster
10-26-2011, 11:20 PM
I thought Bonnie would do better once Bob got his hands on her... but it looks like everyone had a bad week this week.

I couldn't help but laugh a bit during the Halloween stunts... knowing now how they probably filmed in what... June? lol... and in another challenge they said how hot it was and showed the 2 guys sitting in ice water after, so you know it wasn't fall weather.

ennay
10-27-2011, 01:16 AM
In Anna's defense, since we know this stuff is edited all over the place. Maybe the lovebirds HAVE been slacking off and doing all kinds of things not in the best interest and we just arent being shown it. She mentioned sleep quite pointedly. We aren't going to be shown it until an episode where one gets eliminated or is at least seriously up for elimination.

Thats how it usually works. Jen was pulling big numbers so we only saw great stuff. But last week they had to start the clue in so that they didnt upset as many people this week. This is all edited after the fact so they can spin it any way they need. They have people to watch it and say "oooooh you know Jen was painted as kind of heroic in episode 2 so you might want to start edging that out in 5 and really trash her in 6 so people dont tune out when their favorite is eliminated. We can really see that she''l be pulling well in the prime market for this show"...etc.

Quite frankly its always surprising to me how at any given moment they seem to have tons of trash video on each player but I guess stick me in a dessert for 6 "weeks" with brutal workouts and way way low food and I would probably vent spleen on anyone if someone was willing to listen.

ontarget
10-27-2011, 05:35 PM
I watched this week's episode twice. ( I need a life.) I focused on Bonnie during the competition. I think everyone decided she would be better help if she stayed around the spot where the others were dumping their apples maybe picking up any that were dropped. That's all I could figure as to her just standing around outside the maze.

Just wondering.....

shanhat81
10-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I watched this week's episode twice. ( I need a life.) I focused on Bonnie during the competition. I think everyone decided she would be better help if she stayed around the spot where the others were dumping their apples maybe picking up any that were dropped. That's all I could figure as to her just standing around outside the maze.

Just wondering.....

I was confused about this too. Maybe she has a minor injury?

April Snow
10-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I had meant to comment on that. Probably she started to whine about it being too hard for her to walk through the maze and carry apples and they all said fine, just stay there and pick up any that fall because no one could stand to hear about her being 63 years old one more time.

ontarget
11-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Great show tonight! I was extremely impressed with the weightlosses. That said--I was sorry to see Jess go home.

cherrypie
11-02-2011, 01:54 AM
I couldn't believe all the drama over the team changes lol

shawnamadonna1013
11-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Geez, they missed their chance to send Bonnie home! To me, she's the most annoying player on the show. I dont care that she holds everyone back in challenges; I understand she has an injury. But her constant crying, wailing, dramatics drive me crazy.
Jess was awesome. Clearly they thought she was too much of a threat.

MindiV
11-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Goodness these people were drama queens over the trainers! Don't they realize Bob isn't going home with them?

April Snow
11-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I can't believe we got thisclose to getting rid of Bonnie, but no, ugh, this is the week Joe decides to go with strategy and keeping the weakest player over everything else, even if he screwed his current teammate in the process.

I am also annoyed that it was the rest of the teams voting because if it had just been the red team, Bonnie would have lost on percentages.

I'm guessing this "week" was more like 12 days or something because no way they ALL pulled crazy numbers like that.

And all the kudos to Sunny for a 9 lb loss? Nope. She GAINED 5 last week, so she's at a net of 4 lbs loss spread over 2 weeks. In Biggest Loser terms, that's terrible!

But overall, I like the new teams and was glad to see that Anna did in fact get some great losses for her team this week. And even though Bonnie did better than usual, she was still the lowest of everyone. Guess what Bonnie, it's not your trainer, it's YOU. Followed of course by Vinny. Still no excuses why a big and young guy like that is getting such lousy numbers. He started 20 lbs lower than Antone and John, now he weighs more than both of them - 25 lbs more than John!! I think he must be cheating on food, I can't imagine what else could be going on.

juliemama
11-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Okay it is now officially driving me crazy... when Ramon weighs in, his tattoo on his right shoulder (deltoid) looks to me like it is something in the shape of a crest, but I keep thinking that the producers are blurring it - it looks like it is solid black. In the water slide challenge, he had that tat covered with a bandage! I am dying to know what BL doesn't want us to see... anyone have any ideas?

kyalpn
11-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I missed the first part of the show, so how/why did the new teams come about? I think it's fair; the blue team didn't stand an chance otherwise.

Bob's original team is way too attached to him. Everyone was kind of upset, I get that, but his team is too emotionally involved.

So glad Anna got to show what she can do. I always had to wonder if it was the fact that she had the older groupl that was "holding her back".

Ramone's upcoming reaction to Jess going home kind of makes me crazy. I get that he didn't want his gf to go home, but "they betrayed me, and it doesn't matter that we are a team anymore..."? Really? He is so in his 20's. :) Or maybe I'm just too cynical... :o

josey
11-02-2011, 05:37 PM
I am a BL newbie watcher (1st season) so it is actually quite interesting to see that everybody (watcher and contestants) are so hung up on Bob. He would actually be my last choice. One, Dolvett is HOTTTT!!! and two, I am an Anna fan (watched her play tennis a lot). So I would probably pick Dolvett just because I want to look at him A LOT or Anna because I want her body and learn how to play tennis like her. Bob is nice though.

Anyways, I wanted to comment on Bonnie. I agree she is whiny but I also think she loses slowly because of her age. I would give her a chance. I think she got a bit hung up on hating Anna too. So maybe Dolvett will work for her. Maybe she will get it. Being older and quite set in her ways doesn't help.

About Anna, I think she is tough and she knows about distractions from her own career as she said. I actually agree with her assessment especially considering Ramon and Jess are younger. At least it can't hurt to point it out. Ramon I think kind of proved her point with his reaction this week. It was childish how he was pouting after he found out he is going to be on Anna's team. Anna is hardcore and I am sure it is a bad idea to mess with her. She looks like a doll but being a successful athlete should tell you she is not messing around.

I am glad they mixed up the teams because lots of people just got too focused on team politics and "I love/hate my trainer". Never a good idea. You got to focus on losing and working hard only. Don't lean on your buddies or trainers. It is all about you and only you can do it. John proved it, after his meltdown about losing Bob he pulled off a massive 15 lbs loss. Impressive. I think he can make it to the end if he keeps his head in the game.

shanhat81
11-02-2011, 07:39 PM
I just watched on Hulu. I was rooting for Jess, so disappointed that they chose to keep Bonnie. Strategically, though, that was the right decision for the black and blue team members.

I guess I'll root for Sunny. Maybe John.

EZMONEY
11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I am so glad Anna was able to work with someone besides people my age!

I 'spose I would want Bob too..(nah..I would want Anna!!)....but Bob has the experience...

Maybe Bonnie isn't as bad as the show does "show"...I can't stand her but the folks seemed to talk better about her than we do...

yep, she doesn't look like a threat...but omg what if!!? she goes all the way...

I can understand Ramone being po'd....and Jessica too.

TooManyDimples
11-03-2011, 08:31 AM
First wanted to point out that Sunny actually lost 14lbs this week April. Last week she gained the 5 taking her back up to 232. Her starting weight this week was her actual lowest weight from the previous week of 227. So she really did lose those 9lbs plus the 5 she'd gained the previous week.

It probably was longer then a week this time because they did all have great numbers, but most of them had low numbers last week so it's expected that they'll be much better ones this week.

I thought it kind of sucked that the blue team didn't help Ramon out, but they were probably right that Jess is most likely going to be a big competitor for the marathon. And while we're all annoyed with the way Bonnie acts we have no clue how they all feel about her. Maybe in the footage they don't show she's like a grandma to everyone. Who knows. Not to say I want her there anymore than anyone else. I'm so sick of hearing, "Oh gracious, Oh my!"

So perhaps Ana is a decent trainer, but seriously her people skills suck. That talk she had with them when they became the new blue team was awful. I wouldn't have wanted her for a trainer either.

ennay
11-03-2011, 04:16 PM
And all the kudos to Sunny for a 9 lb loss? Nope. She GAINED 5 last week, so she's at a net of 4 lbs loss spread over 2 weeks. In Biggest Loser terms, that's terrible!

No, when you gain on TBL the next week you go back to the previous starting week. So it is 9 over 2 weeks and 23 over 3

Bonnie is irritating.

StraitLover
11-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Okay it is now officially driving me crazy... when Ramon weighs in, his tattoo on his right shoulder (deltoid) looks to me like it is something in the shape of a crest, but I keep thinking that the producers are blurring it - it looks like it is solid black. In the water slide challenge, he had that tat covered with a bandage! I am dying to know what BL doesn't want us to see... anyone have any ideas?

One of the NFL teams has that emblem on their helmets - Oakland maybe??? That's what I've been thinking it was, and they don't want to give any team that doesn't pay for advertising have their emblems shown.

ontarget
11-04-2011, 11:35 AM
I am happy for Sonny for hanging in there and working her plan.

Sheila53
11-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Does anyone know how tall Jessica is? I was kind of startled when she said she weighs 185 and wears a size 10. I'm almost 30 lbs. lighter, and I wear a size 12. Of course, I'm 32 years older than she is, but I lift weights and work out. Just a little envious, I guess. I hope she does win the marathon and gets to come back as a finalist, though.

Amarantha2
11-05-2011, 02:56 AM
I like Bonnie, though. I also always root for the underdog and the oldest person each season is the automatic underdog. In a year in which a 100-year-old man ran a marathon in Toronto (nothing to do with BL lol, sorry, my mind wanders), I love the new rules of aging, e.g., we are living longer than ever and need to realize we can be as active and fit as anyone else. Bonnie is maybe just finding that out.

That said, she certainly IS lol a whiner and seems terrified of getting hurt. I think that may be because she has gone through a lot of crisis situations in her life ... the flood in Louisiana, cancer, etc. She is like a person with post traumatic stress disorder, she is just frightened. But she is trying. I was glad they didn't send her home.

Bob is my favorite trainer but also love Dolvett and Anna is growing on me.

ringmaster
11-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Bonnie seemed to loosen up once she got with Dolvett. I bet Anna felt bad hearing Bonnie thanking Joe (I think it was him?) for letting her go with Dolvett and not Anna again, lol.. and saying she just began her journey now.. seems like Bonnie's relationship with Anna was even worse than they showed on camera.

And Anna is growing on me a bit too, not sure if Bob gave her some advice or she just works better with a younger team but she's improving.

runningfromfat
11-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Does anyone know how tall Jessica is? I was kind of startled when she said she weighs 185 and wears a size 10. I'm almost 30 lbs. lighter, and I wear a size 12. Of course, I'm 32 years older than she is, but I lift weights and work out. Just a little envious, I guess. I hope she does win the marathon and gets to come back as a finalist, though.

It looks like she's 5'8". FWIW, I was about a size 10-12 (pants) at that weight. It's probably just how you carry your weight. I have a large bust and big arms whereas I lost a lot in my thighs/butt ever since I got under 200lbs so now I can fit into a size 8-10 pants (I normally but tops made specifically for larger busts or get dresses altered so that size would be non-typical). I also have a large frame so I think that it helps me to be able to wear smaller clothes at higher weights.

Camio87
11-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I am late joining this thread, but I am super excited to see tonight's episode! Sad that Jessica got the boot, and hopeful that Bonnie will get it tonight!

kyalpn
11-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Last night was kind of weird. I love that they did a challenge where the trainers were involved too. Sometimes, it seems like they are a little bit removed if they are not in the gym or doing product placement.

Antone's response/reasoning to voting Joe off seemed out of the blue, like everything else. Maybe they all have stopped thinking like Patrick did at the beginning and really taking on more of the "this is a compitition" mentality and making decisions based on that.

Ramone was equally confusing to me. One minute he is angry with his teammates and not hanging with them at all, and the next he his seeming to work with them without a problem. Perhaps he is a "bigger person" than I. I have a hard time putting anger aside and acting like things are fine between me and "you" when they aren't.

How in the world did Dolvette pull 9 pounds off Bonnie?:dizzy:

maryshady
11-10-2011, 09:14 AM
I am enjoying the season but I just keep thinking "what would these people have lost if Jillian where still there?" kwim?

What is it with Vinnie? I keep thinking he is going to start really losing those lbs. but week after week (except last week) his numbers have been really dismal for a guy his size.

I felt Antone's vote for Joe really showed his character. Out for himself. Didn't ever really like him but now can't stand him. I am def rooting for John. He is the one to beat.

cherrypie
11-10-2011, 09:22 AM
well they had to vote for someone

ennay
11-10-2011, 11:04 AM
I felt Antone's vote for Joe really showed his character. Out for himself. Didn't ever really like him but now can't stand him. I am def rooting for John. He is the one to beat.

Really? Because Joe dropped the gauntlet first last week. He's the one who made it about the game and admitted verbally to cutting Jess because she was a threat (others probably did cut her because of that but had the good sense to say that "bonnie needs it more"). Once someone goes that way the rest need to keep in mind that gameplayers are notorious about alliances meaning jacksquat.

Who should Antone have voted for? Both options were former black team so in theory he "owed loyalty" to them both. And he has his new team and you know Vinnie was pushing to eliminate Joe. At some point with everything else equal, nothing wrong with putting yourself first. If we all put ourselves first a little more often we probably wouldnt need 3FC or TBL

Frankly I think Antone was stupid in that he could have EASILY said "well Sunny saved us all the week it was up to her and I owe her that". Admitting game play is stupid, even if everyone knows it is game play. Joe admitted it and he is out.

cherrypie
11-10-2011, 12:16 PM
At some point with everything else equal, nothing wrong with putting yourself first. If we all put ourselves first a little more often we probably wouldnt need 3FC or TBL

:cheer2:
good point

ontarget
11-10-2011, 05:11 PM
"Frankly I think Antone was stupid in that he could have EASILY said "well Sunny saved us all the week it was up to her and I owe her that". Admitting game play is stupid, even if everyone knows it is game play. Joe admitted it and he is out."

I agree

maryshady
11-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Really? Because Joe dropped the gauntlet first last week. He's the one who made it about the game and admitted verbally to cutting Jess because she was a threat (others probably did cut her because of that but had the good sense to say that "bonnie needs it more"). Once someone goes that way the rest need to keep in mind that gameplayers are notorious about alliances meaning jacksquat.

Who should Antone have voted for? Both options were former black team so in theory he "owed loyalty" to them both. And he has his new team and you know Vinnie was pushing to eliminate Joe. At some point with everything else equal, nothing wrong with putting yourself first. If we all put ourselves first a little more often we probably wouldnt need 3FC or TBL

Frankly I think Antone was stupid in that he could have EASILY said "well Sunny saved us all the week it was up to her and I owe her that". Admitting game play is stupid, even if everyone knows it is game play. Joe admitted it and he is out.

I understand where you are coming from. But Joe was this guy's roommate. They had def formed a bond with each other. I am glad Sonny got to stay. I'm just saying after spending all that time with each other it really surprised me that he would vote for him.

sandcar150
11-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I just heard an interesting report on the radio this morning. Anna will not be coming back next season. It seems she was a nightmare to the production crew as well as the contestants. Maybe there was something to Bonnie's attitude towards Anna after all. Hmmmm...

ontarget
11-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Hmmmmm...... Interesting.

cherrypie
11-15-2011, 02:51 PM
I just heard an interesting report on the radio this morning. Anna will not be coming back next season. It seems she was a nightmare to the production crew as well as the contestants. Maybe there was something to Bonnie's attitude towards Anna after all. Hmmmm...

other news was the nutritionist is leaving to find something in front of the camera and Olivia had skin removal surgery

ennay
11-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Olivia had skin removal surgery

Most of them do.

shawnamadonna1013
11-16-2011, 01:24 AM
I admire Bonnie for her sacrifice and also for wanting a teacher to win. However, I'm glad she's gone. If I had to hear her say she was 63 one more time I might've killed her.

lukesmom
11-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Her voice grated on me, but obviously she was VERY well loved by all the other contestants.

RayStar
11-16-2011, 09:11 AM
I admire Bonnie for her sacrifice and also for wanting a teacher to win. However, I'm glad she's gone. If I had to hear her say she was 63 one more time I might've killed her.

I'm glad she is gone also. I guess that mile run got to her. She appears to be one who seeks sympathy.

kyalpn
11-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I think that under Dolvette's "care", Bonnie gained whatever knowledge she needed to feel like she could do this on her own and was ready to get back to her family. That's my take anyway. :shrug:

I'm happy for her. I think she looked great and so happy in her reveal at the end. I think that her contribution to the show was to remind people to not let fear dictate your life, that you don't have an "expiration date" and to do what you can do.

Could she lose the weight and do the challenges as well as the others? Of course not. But even if she had to walk instead of run, and she lost five pounds instead of ten, it all counted. Bonnie's transformation was mental more than on the scale, and that is so huge.

Not surprised about Anna. I think people were against her out of the gate, and she didn't help herself with her approach. Fine line between being tough and...rude? Lacking in tact? I don't know that malicious intent was involved, she just didn't say things in a way that people accepted them well.

ontarget
11-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I think Bonnie has a totally different look in her eyes. She's looking healthier. Also, I am proud of her for seeing that she should go home and volunteering. I doubt she would have been voted out and Becky definitely deserves to be there.

All in all--Great episode!

fattymcfatty
11-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Well, I had about enough of Bonnie. Glad to see that she was successful, and that she dropped weight once home. The thing that bugged me was that anytime there was a challenge, she wouldn't even TRY. Come on, lady, at least try. Ugh. But at least everyone in the house seemed to like her. I figured Anna might actually have had Bonnie's # from early on, and that she called her on it. Maybe not. I do think the reason she did better with Dolvett is because she does better taking orders from a man.

As a former teacher now SAHM, I am rooting for a teacher to win this, I think that would be awesome. I was impressed with Bonnie that she voted that way in the "popularity contest", LOL

fattymcfatty
11-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh, BTW, as far as the rumor about Anna, I don't think she was a good fit for the show, but I hope that Dolvett stays on for the next season.

canuckgirl7
11-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Glad that Bonnie is gone as well. I agree that it seemed like she never tried. How hard is it to pull yourself across a wet slide? I was also glad that she voted for all the teachers first.

I did feel bad for Becky since apparently she is a math teacher but can't do basic division. 3500/7=500 not 250.

Antone is pretty smart getting all but one question correct. Can someone explain the question and answer for the coffee question (there was something about not adding 4 tsp cream and sugar saving x amount of calories)

Sunny is not my favourite but I have to admit that she really was impressive in that water challenge.

ennay
11-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Becky is my favorite so I am glad she is still there.

ringmaster
11-16-2011, 08:13 PM
not surprised about Anna leaving... she just seemed sorta dull on the show. I think Cara from last season was even more interesting to watch.
Dolvette is fine and he seems to know how to push people and have the personal talks with them.
I guess it's hard to find a pretty female trainer with a tomboyish side to them for the show.

kyalpn
11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was really impressed with how you could actually see how the contestants bodies have changed on this show. Sunny is looking really trim in the waist in that shirt, and the guys too.

Countrybarbie24
11-17-2011, 12:18 PM
not surprised about Anna leaving... she just seemed sorta dull on the show. I think Cara from last season was even more interesting to watch.
Dolvette is fine and he seems to know how to push people and have the personal talks with them.
I guess it's hard to find a pretty female trainer with a tomboyish side to them for the show.

Anna leaving the show?

Bob and dolvette are my two fav trainers of this season. Anna original team wasn't loosing much weight till they got to Bob and dolvette. She just aint a good trainer for people over weight. If they bring in another female trainer it should be someone who was obese and knows the struggles that the contestants go through.

I knew bonnie wouldn't last much longer.

My fav on this season is all of the original red team and Becky.

ontarget
11-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I agree they are all looking really good. They even have a sparkle in their eyes.

cherrypie
11-17-2011, 05:51 PM
I think that under Dolvette's "care", Bonnie gained whatever knowledge she needed to feel like she could do this on her own and was ready to get back to her family. That's my take anyway. :shrug:

I'm happy for her. I think she looked great and so happy in her reveal at the end. I think that her contribution to the show was to remind people to not let fear dictate your life, that you don't have an "expiration date" and to do what you can do.

Could she lose the weight and do the challenges as well as the others? Of course not. But even if she had to walk instead of run, and she lost five pounds instead of ten, it all counted. Bonnie's transformation was mental more than on the scale, and that is so huge.

Not surprised about Anna. I think people were against her out of the gate, and she didn't help herself with her approach. Fine line between being tough and...rude? Lacking in tact? I don't know that malicious intent was involved, she just didn't say things in a way that people accepted them well.

I think that is even a finer line when English is not your native language.

I wonder if they will stick with two male trainers now or look for another female.

ciecie
11-17-2011, 09:59 PM
i saw joe in the biggest loser clip on the today show's web site yesterday afternoon. didn't have the time to watch it live yesterday. anyway, he looked FABULOUS! btw, did all of you know that anna will not be back next season? it will be just bob and dolvet {sp?} as the trainers.

maryshady
11-23-2011, 07:40 AM
So glad Dolvette will be the trainer that is staying. Just didn't connect with Anna. Wow how about John last night? I understand that it is a game and Sonny is a big threat. (I think she lost just as much as Ramone and he is so much bigger than her.) But still, he really put a target on his back with that vote. I do believe one was always there but he just made it bigger.

Ramone looked gorgeous. He didn't even look like the same person. So happy for both of them. If anyone can win that marathon to get back on I believe it is his girlfriend. Can't remember her name.

kyalpn
11-23-2011, 10:16 AM
I knew Ramone would be gorgeous, and I was waiting for him to cut his hair. He looked awesome, and I'm glad he and Jessica are so happy.

Bob surprised me a lot yesterday. First with being so open about his sister and also with his prediction that John will gain all of his weight back. That came out of his mouth, and I was like, :censored: !

John is totally in it to win the game, and I agree with Antone: actions speak louder than words. John tried to act all like, "I can't believe that the one person who it benefited me to have the disadvantage is actually under the line" or whatever crap he said. I was like, "That's why you gave it to her! You just said it at the beginning of the WI!" He absolutely wanted Sunny off the show, and that's why he then cast his vote for her.

I liked Ramone's attitude, but I had to agree with him getting voted off. Sunny had earned the right to stay and would have if she didn't have the disadvantage.

MindiV
11-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I'd have had more respect for John's move if he'd admitted it was a strategy and didn't play his "I'm so sorry I didn't mean for that to happen" game. If you're a game player just admit it...don't pull that BS "feel sorry for me" game.

Countrybarbie24
11-23-2011, 03:22 PM
It sucks to see Ramon go home I love seeing him on there and omg what a hottie after he cute his hair. Can't wait for make-over week.. Can't believe this season almost over already this season flew by fast.

As for Bob comment I thought he was talking about how it will be venny who will gain all the weight back but my bf was talking to me during that part so heard part of it.

Omg vinney can singggg!!!!...

As for John I ain't liked him this whole season his personality and needing to be in control dn't rub me the right way.

So who you think gonna win this season?

ennay
11-23-2011, 11:37 PM
OK so I guess the part I missed was Bob predicting someone would gain weight back and Vinny singing. We lost power for only about 3 seconds but it took DirectTV 12 minutes to regain satellite and directory and start recording again.

Countrybarbie24
11-24-2011, 01:13 AM
OK so I guess the part I missed was Bob predicting someone would gain weight back and Vinny singing. We lost power for only about 3 seconds but it took DirectTV 12 minutes to regain satellite and directory and start recording again.

I have to watch tv online so I never get to see it till the next day which sucks cause people talk about it and give it away before I can watch lol.

Sucks about the power going off. I yelled at my bf for getting in front the computer screen while I was watching lol... I have a few shows that will get you yelled at if you interrupt me in the middle of watching and BL is one of them :devil: horrible I know

canadianwoman
11-24-2011, 01:41 AM
I have to watch tv online so I never get to see it till the next day which sucks cause people talk about it and give it away before I can watch lol.

Sucks about the power going off. I yelled at my bf for getting in front the computer screen while I was watching lol... I have a few shows that will get you yelled at if you interrupt me in the middle of watching and BL is one of them :devil: horrible I know

I watch a few tv shows online too and I will also snarl at anyone who interrupts me and my tv time. My youngest son (who is 21 years old and fully capable of caring for himself at all times) knows never to bother me when I am watching Downton Abbey or Biggest Loser or he wil get his head chewed off.:D

EZMONEY
11-24-2011, 08:03 AM
I wasn't so much shocked by what Bob said...

I get the impression he has a snippy side...

but I am shocked that BL didn't edit that part out...

Very uncalled for!

Ilene
11-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Sunny had earned the right to stay and would have if she didn't have the disadvantage.Sunny does deserve it...

I hope Antone wins !

Ilene
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Did anyone watch the BL Thanksgiving special last... I really enjoyed seeing the lighter side of BL and the oldies coming back ...

When they did a day in Bob's life they should have included when he workouts... When does he have time to workout? With a crazy life like that...

ontarget
11-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I am wondering that about Bob, too. Also, does he work 7 days a week when folks are at the BL Ranch?

As to seeing folks from past seasons--I loved it and left wanting more. Maybe they will have more of them at the finale.

ennay
11-24-2011, 11:00 PM
I remember reading an interview with Jillian once that said she gained about 10 lbs over the course of every TBL season because they spend so much time working. She would work with her own trainer prior to the season to get to about 5 lbs leaner than she likes to run so she would have wiggle room.

ringmaster
11-25-2011, 01:44 AM
I remember reading an interview with Jillian once that said she gained about 10 lbs over the course of every TBL season because they spend so much time working. She would work with her own trainer prior to the season to get to about 5 lbs leaner than she likes to run so she would have wiggle room.

interesting..On her old radio show from a few years ago Jillian mentioned she had to really work hard to stay at her TV weight the first few seasons since she had an undiagnosed thyroid problem... she said it's much easier to maintain her weight now that it's treated. that's why I loved her on the show, she could really relate to having to work hard to lose and keep the pounds off.

ringmaster
11-25-2011, 03:15 AM
just watched the thanksgiving special. was anyone else confused when they were talking about helping Sam? they didn't say what exactly happened. I had to google it and found out he fell off a roof!

Ilene
11-25-2011, 08:21 AM
just watched the thanksgiving special. was anyone else confused when they were talking about helping Sam? they didn't say what exactly happened. I had to google it and found out he fell off a roof!Yes, I completely forgot about that! Thanks for the update...

hotHealthy4life
11-25-2011, 08:23 AM
What strikes me the most about BL is how much prettier and younger-looking people become once they lose that weight!

The thing that Bob said shocked me too....But I am not sure about John either, he seemed to me like he wanted to go home, maybe the pressure is too much.
I am sad that Ramon went home :( I was cheering for him. Now I am cheering for Vinny, and if he doesn't make it to the final, then I really don't have who to cheer for :(
But summer seasons are always better, so looking forward to that!
Hope Dolvett stays. But I miss Jillian, I am surprised they haven't brought as a guest star, I expected her to make an appearance...

ontarget
11-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I have been expecting Jillian to make an appearance, too, especially on shows like the Thanksgiving special where they brought back so many from earlier seasons. That said--I felt sort of sorry for Dolvett and Anna during the Thanksgiving Reunion. Again they had to take a back seat to Bob. But I guess that is to be expected. Bob is a phenomenal trainer; plus they didn't have anything to do with the former contestants' losing.

I'm looking forward to the makeover next week. Wish they'd make me over. :lol:

MindiV
11-25-2011, 03:55 PM
I figure it'll be a couple of seasons before we see Jillian again, if ever. They probably want a clean break for now, since so many people preferred her over Bob or anyone else...

ontarget
11-25-2011, 04:37 PM
You may be right, Mindi.

peanutt
11-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I would be shocked if Jillian ever wanted to come back to that show. She left very unhappy with the producers from the few times she's spoken about it on her podcast. I'm sure she will remain a persona non grata in the BL world, just like some of the former contestants/winners who didn't "play ball" the way the producers wanted. Notice how you never see Michelle from season 6 in these retrospectives?

hotHealthy4life
11-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes, I also heard that she didn't left on great terms...plus she might be really done with BL, she had (and has) a much bigger carrier than Bob, outside the BL...
I really love watching TBL, it is so motivating, but hearing about how extreme they go (I read in an interview of a past contestant that he dehydrated himself so much he would pee blood) makes me sick to my stomach...I really hope those stories are not true...I just try not to think about that stuff :shudders:

ennay
11-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Really? They left John with that scruffy hobo beard? Not a good look.

josey
11-30-2011, 10:14 AM
I think the beard suits John.

kyalpn
11-30-2011, 11:04 AM
I thought they all looked great, but Becky looke a-ma-zing! That hair cut looks great on her!

I was a little underwhelmed with Vinny's fiance's reaction compared to the others, but maybe she just isn't a very demonstrative person.:)

Ilene
11-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Yea, I didn't like John's beard either, on a younger guy maybe, but not him or at his age, he just looked scuffy...

I was also surprised at Vinny's girlfriend's reaction... I thought, that maybe she thought : '' Oh, oh, he looks better/smaller than me... ''

Also, John may have a difficult time stayiing on track at home, it seemed to me that his wife doesn't look like the motivating type... Just sayin'...

I also agree that Becky looked gorgeous!!! Loved that short hair on her!

ontarget
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Now I need a makeover.

cherrypie
11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
I fast forwarded through most of the episode. :lol: I got really annoyed at the commentary going on during the challenge. I saw my opportunity and took it? :lol: dude. You are walking up a hill

Countrybarbie24
11-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Just watched the thanksgiving special and this wk episode and I have to say it was a good one.

Becky looked amazing! The hair really does look good on her. I love makeover week. I can't wait till next week episode then the bitter sweet finale.. I cant wait to see who win BL12

native woman
11-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Im not a big fan of johns but he gained some points with me when he greeted his wife Jill!love wins ! Im not worried about Sonny going home as she is a powerful chick and she also has someone who loves her.Actually all of them have lovely families!I am sappy I guess!But I agree with Enney about the beard!

maryshady
12-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Wonder if Sonny did it on purpose. Notice how Bob stated "your reaction isn't what it should be" she may have wanted to go home for the at-home prize. I think she has a heck of a chance of winning it. she def has to be one of the highest percentages there besides John and he still has a lot of weight to lose where she may only have about another 30 lbs to drop.

I thought the makeovers where underwhelming except for Becky's. The dress they had Sonny in was not flattering but I did like her hair.

Native Women-I agree. He just seems so in love with his wife. Very different side of him then we are used to seeing. I want him to win as I feel he is the only one who really pushes himself. They others (besides Sonny) always seem to be ok being 2nd, 3rd, etc.

I think Vinny is going to have the hardest time when he goes home and the show is over. But hopefully I am wrong.

GoldfrostDazzlefluff
12-01-2011, 08:35 AM
chiming in.....

I couldn't connect with John from the beginning (I think the show made it that way), but that man wants it badly and proved himself week after week after week. He seems so much more focused and determined than the others. So, I really think he deserves to win. I was sad to see Ramon go, his smiling face and positivity were just as inspiring. :)

ontarget
12-01-2011, 09:43 AM
I agree that John is very focused. He has a good chance to win. I am hoping Bob's comment about John's regaining is incorrect.

As to the Thanksgiving Special--I wish they had brought back more former contestants. Seems they keep bringing back the same ones. I hope I'm wrong.

Ilene
12-01-2011, 09:47 AM
As to the Thanksgiving Special--I wish they had brought back more former contestants. Seems they keep bringing back the same ones. I hope I'm wrong.IMHO I think they bring back only the ones that have remained successful in their maintenance, so that it makes BL look good and not like 90% of their contestants regain the weight, like the rest of the population... Just sayin' ...

ontarget
12-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Ilene, you're probably right.

cherrypie
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
90% would be about average for any diet plan isn't it?

ennay
12-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah they dont bring back the regainers or ones who have spoken out about what really happens at TBL or ones who werent fan favs.

I'd like to know how the girl from a couple of seasons ago is doing--lost her name, she was Hmong or Chinese I think with the domineering family. I would like to see her succeed but unless she has managed to separate from her family a bit I dont have a good feeling about that.

The other one I would like to see is Daris, as a runner I want to see what he has done. TBL was pretty unfair to him towards the end so I wouldnt be surprised if they have no intention of bringing him back.

peanutt
12-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah they dont bring back the regainers or ones who have spoken out about what really happens at TBL or ones who werent fan favs.

I'd like to know how the girl from a couple of seasons ago is doing--lost her name, she was Hmong or Chinese I think with the domineering family. I would like to see her succeed but unless she has managed to separate from her family a bit I dont have a good feeling about that.

The other one I would like to see is Daris, as a runner I want to see what he has done. TBL was pretty unfair to him towards the end so I wouldnt be surprised if they have no intention of bringing him back.

Ada? I adored watching her on the show. I remember that family dynamic when she went home. I thought there was so much work for her still to do in her family and her home to be successful. I really hope she's doing well.

This has me thinking about some of the other former contestants that I'd like to see now. I'll have try and find them on FB or twitter. Daris is definitely someone I'd like an update on.....along with Shay, Ashley the pink ninja, Mike & Ron and the younger son who wasn't on the show, Rudy...

ennay
12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Man the running community is small sometimes. I was trying to go through a race database search to see if I could find Daris. It pointed me to a fairly small race in OK and although he wasnt in the results, just scanning I saw 2 guys I know (oddly both ran the tiny marathon with me in Tennessee a couple weeks ago). Although none of the runners I know from OK were there.

MTA: I found him in the half marathon results so he is at least still running, although it looks like he isnt as fast as I remember.

Ada is still running too. She's done a triathlon and a half marathon and a couple adventure runs this year.

ontarget
12-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Okay, now I'm really wondering about each of those folks. Also wondering about the young man who got to come on the ranch 2 seasons. I'd love to read what any of you find out. When I get a chance, I'll do some googling, too. I'm just online a few minutes at a time today since I'm subbing in a 7th Grade computer lab.

fattymcfatty
12-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't want John to win, either, but I think he is going to. I would love to see a special with the folks who have struggled with gaining weight back, or maybe a special season where all of these guys get together and compete again, like a second chance season

cherrypie
12-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Yay! I'm so glad ramone is back

Coondocks
12-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Id LOVE to see anyone but John win. I don't know what it is but there is something about his whole atitude i just dont like. I've tried to like him, but he rubs me the wrong way.

Can I just say though, I absolutely adore that Antone is combining family time with workout time, I think he has the potential better than anyone to make this lifestyle change stick if he keeps things going that way.

cherrypie
12-07-2011, 11:35 AM
it was interesting to see the trainers reaction to John's plan of letting his wife do everything :lol:

kyalpn
12-07-2011, 12:11 PM
John irritated me seriously last night, and when Dolvette said he would gain the weight back, I thought, "Well, that's two people. Must be some truth to it..." And the way he was like, "Bring it on! I will go toe-to-toe with anyone, blah, blah, blah"....I don't know. He is coming off a little too confident. And I have to agree that once this is all over, and he isn't in competition or playing a game anymore...I have to wonder where he will find the motivation. So far, he says the motivator is his family, but he always acts like the game is the motivation.

Loving Antone with his kids as well. I think his kids being involved and saying things like, "I never want to see you like that again," and crying with him at the video is probably going to be huge.

I was a little disappointed with everyone's reaction to Becky's 10 pound loss. When Alison asked, "What happened? Having trouble finding time to work out or....?" I was a little miffed (and I love Alison). 10 pounds is a big deal in the real world, and she did it while going back to work. I believe that was the point of going home. Trying to fit this lifestyle into their everyday lives.

cherrypie
12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Not to mention Becky doesn't have much more to lose. Anyone know how long they were home for?

Countrybarbie24
12-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I have to say that I don't like john and I don't want him to win but I do hope that he keeps the weight off.

I love how far vinny has come he is just to awesome.

Ramone is back and I hope him or Antone win at first I didn't like Antone much but now I think he awesome. I love the way he made working out a family thing not only is he staying fit and healthy he also installing that into his children.

I am so stoked about the finale but also sad cause won't have nothing to watch on Tuesday till next season. I have to wait till wed morning to watch it so have to stay offline Tuesday night after the show till wed morning don't want anyone spoiling it for me...

Somni
12-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I felt bad for Becky, I think it's awesome that she adjusted to her lifestyle back in her normal role and still lost 10 lbs with less to lose. To me that is a bigger accomplishment than John managing to get into the finale while not going back to work and having his wife do everything for him around the house.

I hope that John is able to stay on track once the idea of beating soandso or winning Biggest Loser is out of his head, and he has to balance things and keep himself motivated and committed without any incentive.

I loved seeing the marathon. Yay for Ramone! I had a feeling he and/or Jessica would be the ones to beat in that.

ontarget
12-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I am sooooooooo anxious to see the finale. It's going to be awesome! I'm like CountryGirl, though, and will be lost between seasons.

Ilene
12-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm always lost between BL seasons :( ...

This is going to sound awful, but I'm going to say it anyways :lol: ... Does anyone else find it odd that John's wife has not lost any weight, or tried to lose weight, the time he was away at camp to encourage John in keeping the weight off? I know as a wife I would certainly try my darndess to lose while hubby is away so that he wouldn't look better than me when he came back:lol: ... Same with Vinny's girlfriend ... Maybe I'm shallow :shrug:

EZMONEY
12-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry to see Becky go....

she has the greatest smile :)

Pulling for Ramone here....

out of the ones left he seems the most genuine to me.

pam920
12-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Loved the show last night. Tried liking John, but he is so arrogant. I think he will gain the weight he lost, once he doesn't have dollar signs floating before him. I think he's in it for the money, period. Loved everyone this season, so will be happy with any of them winning (except John).

cherrypie
12-08-2011, 02:27 AM

This is going to sound awful, but I'm going to say it anyways :lol: ... Does anyone else find it odd that John's wife has not lost any weight, or tried to lose weight, the time he was away at camp to encourage John in keeping the weight off? I know as a wife I would certainly try my darndess to lose while hubby is away so that he wouldn't look better than me when he came back:lol: ... Same with Vinny's girlfriend ... Maybe I'm shallow :shrug:

I thought that too

Jojo381972
12-08-2011, 02:36 AM
I have been following this season, but haven't posted yet.

John grates on my nerves. He's so cocky!! I think he will definitely have a hard time losing and maintaining when he gets back to the real world. He depends on his wife too much. He has done well though, I'll give him that much and he may surprise us. I think he looked scared when Antone lost so much and said he is ready to take on John.

Antone looks freakin' amazing. He is back to his football weight, and he will definitely keep it off imo. I think he may just win this.

I also felt bad for Becky! She looks great though and will keep it off imo. Anyone else find that she looks so much younger than her age? She is really inspiring.

Glad to see Ramone win the marathon and be back in the game. He has done awesome, and is a serious competitor now. He looks so much better since he cut his hair eh?

Jojo381972
12-08-2011, 02:38 AM

haha, well hopefully once the contestants get home the wives work on losing weight, because they have to keep the same lifestyle as their husbands if they want to lose weight and stay healthy. Hopefully the wives get on board and lose weight as well.
Likes attract?

ennay
12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
John's wife not losing is part of the whole John is in it for the competition mentality. It's all about the game, what will they do when the game is over?

Unfortunately I think John is going to be hard to beat. He has a fairly decent lead over both Antone (by % , 25 lbs) and Ramon (26 lbs) and Antone, despite his BMI being higher than Johns right now, is really muscular and I dont know if he can drop what John can drop. Antone is big enough that a "normal" BMI might not be possible for him. I think Ramon has a better shot, because he clearly still has non-muscle weight but he is going to really need to up his game.

I dont know how many weeks they are getting between marathon and finale this time. If there is enough time I could see John getting to 55% loss and that would be really really low BF for Antone.

ontarget
12-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I am thinking the same about Antone. He looks good the way he is now. But then what do I know? Others have surprised me at the finale--especially Danny a couple of seasons ago.

ennay
12-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh, and Ramon didnt weigh in again did he? So he might be closer to John than I was thinking.

cherrypie
12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
and Ramone still has weight to drop.

ontarget
12-08-2011, 06:54 PM
;)

shanhat81
12-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Sigh ... I was 100 percent Team Becky. I was so happy that she went back to work and said, "Well, I have to LIVE"

I know Vicky Vilcan was not beloved in her season, but I admired her for doing the same thing. And she's maintained since her season, too.

Lyla
12-10-2011, 11:27 PM
I want Ramon to win (even though i was team Becky as well she looks AMAZING.. hipe to look like a that in a couple of decades)- I do think John is all for the game, i really canīt stand him.

I do think Antone can lose other 15 pounds in fat percetage. Even he looks great, his BF is high so he can actually look better than that.

canadianwoman
12-11-2011, 03:36 AM
I hope Ramon wins.