The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - Biggest Loser Season 12- Are You Ready?!

Pages : 1 [2]

ontarget
12-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I spent a lot of time last night reading about past contestants and what they look like now. It was very interesting and inspiring. As to who wins this season? I vote for Antone but will be all right whoever wins. It's going to be interesting to see who wins the "at home." Several of the contestants already looked amazing. Come on Tuesday!

Countrybarbie24
12-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Lyla I just to say that is my nick name and that only thing my bro calls me he wont call me by my real name never has and guess never will lol Most people in my family and people who hang around my bro call me that lol.

As for who win I want it to be ramon or antone I dont want john to win. I ain't liked him all season. As for the at home winner I can't wait to see who wins that and see how much everyone has lost.

Lyla
12-11-2011, 07:15 PM
That's nice, my name is Ly, but my trainner call me Lyla, i use Lyla as an inspirational name ^^

ennay
12-11-2011, 10:42 PM
You know how Becky sent sunny home to win the at home prize. I was wondering this morning if she perhaps sent herself home on purpose to have a better shot at that. But there Vinny will be tough to beat.

Ilene
12-12-2011, 10:13 AM
You know how Becky sent sunny home to win the at home prize. I was wondering this morning if she perhaps sent herself home on purpose to have a better shot at that. But there Vinny will be tough to beat.Very good point, never thought of that!

ontarget
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Interesting thought.

ringmaster
12-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm always lost between BL seasons :( ...

This is going to sound awful, but I'm going to say it anyways :lol: ... Does anyone else find it odd that John's wife has not lost any weight, or tried to lose weight, the time he was away at camp to encourage John in keeping the weight off? I know as a wife I would certainly try my darndess to lose while hubby is away so that he wouldn't look better than me when he came back:lol: ... Same with Vinny's girlfriend ... Maybe I'm shallow :shrug:

I thought that too. I don't remember seeing if the wife and gf were even working out with them when they went home? You'd think John and Vinny would want their wife and gf getting healthy (and to just look good with them) and would of brought them to workout with them.

jomatho
12-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Oooooh, so excited for the finale tonight! I have liked Ramone's smile all along and will be rooting for him tonight, although I have a sinking suspicion like all of you that John will win.
Ramone would be a much better spokesperson to come back and do interviews and tour the nation than John. I hope he has really killed it since the marathon. The only thing that has bugged me about him was the whole romance during the show, it was just too sappy and quick for me. The other season with Sam and his now fiance, that was under the radar and sweet and it was nice to find out during the finale that they were together, but this season, I feel like BL capitalized on their romance and shoved it down our throats. But I still like Ramone and will be rooting for him!
If it is not Ramone, I would prefer it be Antone, haha, anyone but John. I didn't like him even before they made him look like a jerk.
As for the at home prize, I think it will be one of the girls, Ramones girlfriend, Becky or Sunny, but that one sometimes surprises me.

kyalpn
12-13-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm hoping for anyone but John, but I have a sneaking feeling that he is going to take the whole thing. Ramone or Antone would be better spokespeople, I think.

Countrybarbie24
12-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Omg finale is tonight. I cant watch it till tomorrow morning since I have to watch it online so I will be staying offline tonight after the show cause people will ruin it for me lol.

I don't like john and yea I hope ramon or antone wins. Anyone but john would be a great spokesperson. Ramon be great for us younger people and antone will be great for family's because he included his family in his workout time that was awesome. Now john no one likes him and he just not a BL winner role model at all.

ennay
12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm annoyed that they moved it to 9pm. 8 pm for a 2 hour show is late for me, 9 is impossible. For the regular season I wouldnt care because actually that would prevent me from even starting and staying up too late, but for the finale there is no way I wont see the results at the gym in the morning. It will be on every channel in the news, always is.

ennay
12-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm hoping for anyone but John, but I have a sneaking feeling that he is going to take the whole thing. Ramone or Antone would be better spokespeople, I think.

John wouldnt be the first finalist who never made a repeat appearance...if he wins I doubt he will get much marketing.

shanhat81
12-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Omg finale is tonight. I cant watch it till tomorrow morning since I have to watch it online so I will be staying offline tonight after the show cause people will ruin it for me lol.

I don't like john and yea I hope ramon or antone wins. Anyone but john would be a great spokesperson. Ramon be great for us younger people and antone will be great for family's because he included his family in his workout time that was awesome. Now john no one likes him and he just not a BL winner role model at all.

I'm watching tomorrow, too, Countrybarbie!

And to address something upthread, I think Vinny's GF had just had a baby?

jmfan317
12-14-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm still wondering if next season it will just be Dolvette and Bob. Or will they include a different trainer to replace Anna.

Ilene
12-14-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm still wondering if next season it will just be Dolvette and Bob. Or will they include a different trainer to replace Anna.I noticed that they only mention the two guys...

And to address something upthread, I think Vinny's GF had just had a baby?That could explain it...

Disappointed it wasn't Antone but boy John lost a whopping 220lbs, that is amazing... I think he and his wife really needed that money, specially with an autistic child... I'm happy for him though...

MindiV
12-14-2011, 09:27 AM
I noticed in a "before" picture they showed of Vinny with his girlfriend, she was SKINNY...she may have gained a lot of baby weight she hasn't lost yet.

kyalpn
12-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Loved the finale. Everyone looked great. Especially Becky! What a sexy mama she is!

I'm guessing Betty (was that her name?) started gaining her weight back already. Only 33 pounds? I was sure she had lost more than that at her reveal.

The final guys looked awesome! I love Ramone's attitude and his zest for life. If he and Jess stay together, she will never be bored! :D Antone looked amazing. I can tell he is going to be loving his life with his kids. I was disappointed John won, but 220 pounds is a major accomplishment, and he deserves to be commended for that.

The whole Jennifer's crush on Bob...thing...that was a little awkward for me. Can't imagine how it was for him!

MindiV
12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
The whole Jennifer's crush on Bob...thing...that was a little awkward for me. Can't imagine how it was for him! [/FONT][/COLOR]

Oh gosh that was really awkward! She couldn't even look at the camera and be happy for looking at him and waving and blowing kisses. It was crazy!

jomatho
12-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh gosh that was really awkward! She couldn't even look at the camera and be happy for looking at him and waving and blowing kisses. It was crazy!

That was kind of weird! I never in a million years would have thought she would win the at home prize! She did have a lot to lose though.

So what did John's percentage of weight loss end up being? I hate that we never get to see that in all the excitement. Anyone remember what his starting weight was?

ddc
12-14-2011, 12:06 PM
He started at 445, lost 220lbs, so that's 49.4% loss (if I'm doing the math correctly).

shanhat81
12-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Well, props to John and Jennifer, but I can't think of two people for whom I was rooting less.

I felt kind of bad for noting how dumpy John's wife looked.

QuilterInVA
12-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I really, really wanted Antone to win. John looked emaciated and I don't think he'll keep it off at all.

Doodie
12-14-2011, 01:57 PM
In one of the last chance work-outs, Bob said that John would be the one to gain all the weight back. I was rooting for Antone. He (and Ramone) look really good.

kyalpn
12-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Dolvette voiced the same concern during his home visit since John hadn't tried to acclamate into his new life. He was so focused on "we have a finale to get ready for", Dolvette had some concerns about how he would do when he didn't have the challenge of the game anymore.

Lyla
12-14-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm happy and dissapointed at the same time. I wanted one of Dolvett trainees to win. I don't really liked Bob wining almost every single weigh in, is so not real for me, i could not be possible. But i didn't like john, nor Antone either.

John looked crapy, his face looked like someone who is sick ... yuck, not healthy at all.

ennay
12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm just going to get all the cattiness out in one shot here.

First off on the eliminated players. Way to totally eliminate suspense by saying that Sunny and Patrick were <1% apart but one of them wasnt top 3. Well, then I guess the other one was probably gonna be #3, now because what would be the odds that #1-#4 were all <1% apart?

On John

a) If John is going to keep the beard, shave the neck!!!! He looks like a hobo.

b) what a donkey rear for giving all the props to Bob and basically ignoring Dolvett.

c) His wife looks to me like she actually GAINED weight since the last time. They totally put all the focus on John and winning which means she wasnt just single momming it while he was at the ranch, she was single momming for the whole 7 months with a whiny needy 40 year old baby the last 3. She probably laid out his workout clothes for him each morning and weighed his food for him.

Antone looked really good, he didnt have anything left to lose.

I'm kind of happy Jennifer won. Despite the creepy bob stalkery thing, she got eliminated pretty early and was injured and got it done. She might be crazy, but you have to respect that. I thought Vinny had it though. He looks good, hopefully his fiancee will get on board.

I thought Betty looked good.

And Patrick - holy **** hot. Which makes me realize that if I were single I would totally have a problem since I am drooling over men in their 20's. Bad ennay. OK, I'd better go drool over Dolvett he is more age appropriate.

MusicalAstronaut
12-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I was super bummed that Vinny didn't win the at-home prize. Also totes agree ^^^, Patrick looked hot!
I guess I'm in the minority here, I wanted John to win. I wanted anyone *but* Jennifer to win the at-home prize. Her obsession with Bob was weird and kinda creepy...how embarrassing for her to have all of that replayed at the finale. :/

ennay
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Oh, and Jessica didnt lose any weight between the marathon and the finale. That's not a good sign especially since she and Ramon were supposedly working out together.

Ilene
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Oh, and Jessica didnt lose any weight between the marathon and the finale. That's not a good sign especially since she and Ramon were supposedly working out together.I noticed that too!!!

All in all I hope they are not the 90% who gain the weight back *sigh* ....

ringmaster
12-14-2011, 05:11 PM
When John went home I got the feeling his family and him needed the money, then hearing him talk at the finale just confirmed it. I wonder if they check if people gain weight purposefully to just get on the show? I think he will gain some of the weight back since losing weight/being healthy didn't seem like his main motive, but I hope the money helps his family out.

The funny thing with Jennifer having a crush on Bob is, I believe, Bob is actually gay, so I imagine how awkward it must of been for him lol ;)

ennay
12-14-2011, 08:14 PM
The funny thing with Jennifer having a crush on Bob is, I believe, Bob is actually gay, so I imagine how awkward it must of been for him lol ;)

Probably less awkward than if he were straight.

Countrybarbie24
12-15-2011, 01:07 AM
I loved the finale. It was awesome. Jessica looks great. Maybe she was stuck and couldn't loose that much more. she is human so she prob hit a platue like the rest of us do.

I wanted Ramon or Antone to win but John won... I don't like how John gave all credit to bob and none to dolvett. I think Bob is gay also... I think it was funny how bob and jen acted gave the show something funny to watch. Real people are crazy...

I want vinny to win the at home prize and OMG I totally agree Patrick was yummy at the finale. John gf does need to loose weight. Vinny GF could loose some weight but she don't look fat to me...

Omg preview for BL 13 show that it gonna be crazy with santa... I am happy that the new season start on jan 5 so I dont have to wait to long for another season. I try to try out for BL14 but wouldn't let me yet. LOL

shawnamadonna1013
12-15-2011, 02:24 AM
What a disappointing season. I didn't like John or Jennifer. John I felt was a jerk and was completely insincere. When he cried and said, "I'm here because I took your spot" it was all I could do not to roll my eyes in disgust. That was a few months ago.

I also believe Bob is gay but I believe Jennifer's infatuation is real. I couldn't watch that entire section of the finale. Humiliating.

The contestants weren't as skinny as last season. I guess last season was longer?

Good riddance to this season. Here's hoping next year will be better.

juliemama
12-15-2011, 03:43 AM
I am not at ALL surprised that John's wife hasn't lost weight -- how could she possibly do so while waiting hand and foot on John PLUS caring for two young boys, one with autism?? She has nothing left for herself! I hope the prize money helps HER get a break.

maryshady
12-15-2011, 08:32 AM
I was super bummed that Vinny didn't win the at-home prize. Also totes agree ^^^, Patrick looked hot!
I guess I'm in the minority here, I wanted John to win. I wanted anyone *but* Jennifer to win the at-home prize. Her obsession with Bob was weird and kinda creepy...how embarrassing for her to have all of that replayed at the finale. :/

Your not the only one. I wanted him to win too. I felt he deserved it the most. He put all of his heart and soul into. After seeing that his son has autism I really think John is somewhere on that autism spectrum, probably a little aspergers. That would explain his real lack of relationship on the show. Some of you are upset with him for having his wife do everything but let me tell you if I knew my dh had a chance a winning $250K I would do anything to help him out for a few months. I think most of us would.

I hated the new format of the show. I thought is was awkward and weird and I liked seeing each person weigh in with some suspense. I felt it was really lacking in the suspense arena. I was not really overwhelmed with too many of the transformations. I guess because they are so big when they start now most don't look real in shape by the 6/7 month mark.

I though Joe did a great job. He looked really fit.

Catsgetnhealthy
12-15-2011, 11:53 AM
My favs that I was hoping one would win was Ramone, Antone, and Vinny. Didn't like John from the get go and was really annoyed that he gave all props to Bob when Dolvett helped him out in the second half. I got to the point where I liked Anna, but she's not coming back, read somewhere she didn't get along with some staff and contestants, I think her bluntness is just different from what people are use to. And truthfully, Ive not missed Jillian. I too would be crushing on Bob if I was at the ranch, course with Dolvett there now would so crush on him too. lol. I hope everyone keeps the weight off and plays it forward to their family members who need to get healthy too. Like Vinny's brother and John's wife. Ramone's dad had lost 70 something pounds already, so that was cool. I'm going to go look for the newest workout dvds, I'm a workout dvd junky. lol. I do like variety though. Can't wait for the new challenge to start here. :carrot:

EZMONEY
12-15-2011, 11:57 PM
I wasn't really a John fan but what a nice sincere "shout out" he gave his wife at the finale!

fattymcfatty
12-16-2011, 10:08 PM
I agree with everyone here. I was disgusted that Dolvette did not get credit where it was due. I was thrilled to see him on the next season. So glad he is sticking around. That man is yummy. And the best replacement to Jillian thus far, and she is a tough act to follow. Looks like it is just going to be Bob and Dolvette doing the training though, unless they didn't want to reveal a new trainer.

ontarget
12-17-2011, 12:40 PM
I was upset that John didn't credit Dolvett, too, but was happy to see the two of them talking while the confetti was settling. Hopefully, John apologized. Maybe it was too late. I don't know.

I even felt sorry for Anna during the show even though I wasn't a fan of her being a trainer.

Now--are all of you as excited as I am that the new season will be here Jan. 3? :dance:

canadianwoman
12-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Now--are all of you as excited as I am that the new season will be here Jan. 3? :dance:

I'm not excited but I am looking forward to seeing the new season. :)

maryshady
12-18-2011, 09:55 AM
I was upset that John didn't credit Dolvett, too, but was happy to see the two of them talking while the confetti was settling. Hopefully, John apologized. Maybe it was too late. I don't know.

I even felt sorry for Anna during the show even though I wasn't a fan of her being a trainer.

I am!!! By far my fav show on TV :)

ontarget
12-18-2011, 11:08 AM
It's my favorite, too. Those folks inspire me to do better.

BethC
12-18-2011, 10:46 PM

I'm excited! I love the show! I wonder who'll replace Anna?

peanutt
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm excited! I love the show! I wonder who'll replace Anna?

I hope no one. I'd like to see just Bob and Dolvett next season. I think they could be a great combo. Also: a replacement Anna would take screen time away from Bob and Dolvett, and I'd rather look at them than any female "trainer".

kyalpn
12-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Based on the previews, it's only Bob and Dolvette.

canadianwoman
12-19-2011, 03:24 AM
I'd rather look at them than any female "trainer".

I agree. They are both delicious. :D

DietVet
12-19-2011, 03:30 AM
I agree--although I did *not* enjoy Bob's long hair this season. It was very seedy!

It would be nice to have a female trainer though. Rockin' female bodies are a source of inspiration. :)

(I've just watched the entire season 12 this weekend and now read the entire thread. Phew!)

Ilene
12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I didn't even notice Bob's long hair, I guess I was looking elsewhere :lol: ...

I think there should be a female trainer, someone as intense as Jilian was though, I loved Anna and was actually surprised that her team would lose weight, but I didn't find her «mean/intense» enough, she was just too nice :shrug: ... For the upcoming season looks like it's going to be Bob and Dolvette only, as per the previews anyway...

I am also happy that the new season starts so soon :dance: ....

shanhat81
12-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Cannot wait for 1/3!!!!! Am rewatching all the finales on Netflix, LOL

runningfromfat
12-20-2011, 09:13 PM
I can't wait for the next season either!

John completely ruined it for me when he didn't acknowledge Dolvett. It really came off as a snub considering that Dolvett was with him at the end, no way could have have just forgotten. I honestly feel for his wife. I can't imagine what she's been through and I hope to God that prize money is going to help her life be a bit easier. I'm worried that John got a bit too comfy in her being his personal maid/nanny and won't want to get back into life after the show (especially with all the forewarnings of him gaining back the weight). I hope she gets a chance for time to herself.

I'm fine with Jennifer winning the at-home prize. Clearly she put in some mad work at home, good for her! The crush on Bob thing, well, I'm sure she's got to know he's gay? Maybe it's a joke between them? And haven't we all fallen for the wrong person at one point of time. I'm sorry that they had to announce that all over TV for her.

Wow to Becky and Sunny! BTW, Becky definitely didn't gain any weight, she was something like 150 at the finale and was 160's or 170's at her previous weigh-in. She's already at a healthy BMI so she might even be at goal already. I did wonder about Jessica too but I think it's entirely possible she hit a plateau. I don't think she looked into bigger, mostly just the same. She might have really been helping Ramone prep for the finale too so she wasn't as concentrated on her own efforts.

I'm looking forward to next season. I'm really hoping, though, that it's a bit more of an even playing field and we won't see Bob's team constantly winning.

Ilene
12-20-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm really glad that the new season starts right after the Holidays to motivate us... Maybe that's why they did it this way...