Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP DAILY CHAT - Wed, 8/24

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #2  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning everyone. I am getting ready to go away for a while on our RV camping trip. I have all my products prepared, and might do some Phase 2 days.

Hopefully Hurricane Irene won't pound the house too badly on Sunday. Hopefully the earthquake madness is over... we found a few cracks, but you'll never believe what happened right as we were outside examining the house. We met a neighbor walking his dog. He is a commercial architect who used to do earthquake damage assessment in CA. He looked at the cracks in the house, told us we have nothing to worry about, and told Brian how to fix them.

Sometimes the strangest things happen. That was exactly what I needed after having experienced the earthquake on the 11th floor of our office building. I am still pretty shaken up... and behind in packing because I sat last night in stunned silence instead of packing. We felt the tiny aftershock at 8:04pm too... BUT I DID NOT EAT! I ordered Chinese steamed veggies and chicken, and steak teriyaki "on a stick"... I ate well, then had a bar after dinner for my snack.

My laptop will be camping in my office while I am camping in W. Va at the top of a mountain. I abandoned it and then refused to re-enter the building. Some people were going inside and riding the elevator. I thought those people needed their heads examined... there were some cracks in the walls, and white plaster debris all over the lobby.

Hopefully Irene will at least spare us from having cloudy weather the whole weekend (it's an astronomy star party).

Take care everyone. I will check in next Tuesday when I get back. We will have no Internet and no cell service, so I won't be starting the daily chat.

I wish you all success... For anyone thinking about cheating, remember two things:

1) don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
2) rip up two $20 bills if you want to cheat. You are wasting time and money.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-24-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #3  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

HAPPY HUMP DAY EVERYONE!!!

And here in MA it's another beautiful day!!! Woot woot!! Kids go back to school in "T minus 14 days"......can't wait for life to get back to a routine again!! LOL!! For me....September is..."the most wonderful time of the year"!!

Day 6 of Phase 3....still only up .5 lbs (Hubby DOWN 1 lb......men)heehee!!! So far so good.....

Hope you all have a wonderful IP day!!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #4  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Wow Pxl, an astronomy star party. Sounds very cool. I hope you have clear viewing.

I can only imagine how scary it must have been. I've been in two minor earthquates and never even knew it. Once I was on a train and once on the subway. LOL

Having my fourth WI today and excited to see what I lost. I feel lighter. I would be thrilled with 3 and ecstatic if I had 4 again.

Have a great day all. Oh, my poor dog has kennel cough - I hope it clears up before next Wednesday because I have to put him in a kennel because I'm travelling for the long weekend.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 AM   #5  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Good morning all....Today will be a great day and it looks like it will be the birthday of my godchild's second son. His due date was not until 9-7 but it seems Jess is having some issues and its now time for Eli to enter the world. I am so happy for us all. My only problem is that I'm 400 miles away from my AL family. I will have to wait until the end of September to meet him when I make the trip for number one son's 4th birthday.

Stay strong my IP family....life is so good!
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #6  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Pxlkitty- I hope that you have a safe and wonderful trip! That you see many stars and enjoy your time there! It'll be fun to be unwired for a little while! I'm sure you'll miss it a little though.

Hello daily thread! I haven't been here in a little while. Life has been way too hectic to get into everything like I used too.

I have had such wonderful success on IP, and staying OP is totally worth watching the pounds slip away! Almost to goal, and I'm so pleased.
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, today is my WI day so we will see shortly how that goes. Looks like its going to be another hot and steamy day here in the south! Everyone have an awesome day!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7'

Good morning, all! Today is my birthday - 42 years old! I really still feel like I am in my 20s with a few more life experiences....

I am going to a concert tonight with my husband and friends and will stay OP the whole day. I am going to lunch with my sister and will have a salad w/ grilled protein....tonigth we are tailgating and I'll have lots of cut up veggies and teh southwest curls along with tons of club soda. Everyone else will have dip with the veggies and cut up sandwhiches and beer/wine. I don't feel deprived at all! It's funny, I used to 'reward' myself with cookies, cake, ice cream and now I just don't want ot jeopardize my success so far.

Happy day everyone!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Good morning, all! Today is my birthday - 42 years old! I really still feel like I am in my 20s with a few more life experiences....

I am going to a concert tonight with my husband and friends and will stay OP the whole day. I am going to lunch with my sister and will have a salad w/ grilled protein....tonigth we are tailgating and I'll have lots of cut up veggies and teh southwest curls along with tons of club soda. Everyone else will have dip with the veggies and cut up sandwhiches and beer/wine. I don't feel deprived at all! It's funny, I used to 'reward' myself with cookies, cake, ice cream and now I just don't want ot jeopardize my success so far.

Have a wonderful day and ENJOY your birthday!!!...YOU are YOUNG!!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Good morning, tired this morning, went to the movies with hubby last night and the movie we wanted to see at 7 was sold out so we saw something else....when we left we decided to see the movie we wanted to see at 9:40 so i didn't get to bed until 12:30...so 5:30 came fast this morning.

Scale still not budging Wondering if i should have a little "cheat" of an extra IP? Should i do it now or wait to have at least 2 low loss weeks?
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 AM   #11  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Good morning all, life is good!!! Stepped on the scale early and its down some more (YAY!!!). Cant wait to grab some new food in a couple of days, all my snacks have been the peanut soy puffs, love em but not 4 days in a row. I'm really debating on what to try or if I should stick with what I like?!?!?!?! Oh the problems I have haha.
colley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

Have a wonderful day and ENJOY your birthday!!!...YOU are YOUNG!!!!
Thank you!!!! Boy are full of so much positive energy! Everyone of your posts is all about support! I love it.

BTW - your new pic is fantastic. You are melting away....
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Good morning everyone. I am getting ready to go away for a while on our RV camping trip. I have all my products prepared, and might do some Phase 2 days.

Hopefully Hurricane Irene won't pound the house too badly on Sunday. Hopefully the earthquake madness is over... we found a few cracks, but you'll never believe what happened right as we were outside examining the house. We met a neighbor walking his dog. He is a commercial architect who used to do earthquake damage assessment in CA. He looked at the cracks in the house, told us we have nothing to worry about, and told Brian how to fix them.

Sometimes the strangest things happen. That was exactly what I needed after having experienced the earthquake on the 11th floor of our office building. I am still pretty shaken up... and behind in packing because I sat last night in stunned silence instead of packing. We felt the tiny aftershock at 8:04pm too... BUT I DID NOT EAT! I ordered Chinese steamed veggies and chicken, and steak teriyaki "on a stick"... I ate well, then had a bar after dinner for my snack.

My laptop will be camping in my office while I am camping in W. Va at the top of a mountain. I abandoned it and then refused to re-enter the building. Some people were going inside and riding the elevator. I thought those people needed their heads examined... there were some cracks in the walls, and white plaster debris all over the lobby.

Hopefully Irene will at least spare us from having cloudy weather the whole weekend (it's an astronomy star party).

Take care everyone. I will check in next Tuesday when I get back. We will have no Internet and no cell service, so I won't be starting the daily chat.

I wish you all success... For anyone thinking about cheating, remember two things:

1) don't give up what you want most for what you want now.
2) rip up two $20 bills if you want to cheat. You are wasting time and money.
Have a nice vacation. Sounds like you need a little R&R after all that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Wow Pxl, an astronomy star party. Sounds very cool. I hope you have clear viewing.

I can only imagine how scary it must have been. I've been in two minor earthquates and never even knew it. Once I was on a train and once on the subway. LOL

Having my fourth WI today and excited to see what I lost. I feel lighter. I would be thrilled with 3 and ecstatic if I had 4 again.

Have a great day all. Oh, my poor dog has kennel cough - I hope it clears up before next Wednesday because I have to put him in a kennel because I'm travelling for the long weekend.
Oh poor puppy I hope you can get it cleared up soon.

Quote:

Happy day everyone!
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, today is my WI day so we will see shortly how that goes. Looks like its going to be another hot and steamy day here in the south! Everyone have an awesome day!
Your new pic is sooo cute!! You go girl!!
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:

Happy day everyone!
Happy Birthday! Have fun tonight!
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote