Old 08-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #1  

Default Please help with some positive feedback

Hey all! I need some help.... Or at least positive feedback if that's even possible. I have been having the worst weight problems. Ever since I graduated high school I felt I had to lose a ton... And I was never big big to begin with. I was a 4 year starter for varsity soccer and a college recruit. I did metabolic and was down to my lowest of 118 and felt great since I'm 5'2...I was more than happy and everything. Well I ended up eating at night and just went downhill and now at 163. Completely miserable and very mad at myself. I'm a junior in college and coaching socceR. I want to be back where I was but I just need some positive feedback theat I'll lose it again... I was considering becoming a vegetarian as well or doing weight watchers if this doesn't work. Hope some of you lovely ladies can help me out. I admire so many of you!
bc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Do it now. Do it while you are at 163, do it before it becomes 263. Do it while you are young, it only gets harder as you get older.You can do it !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #3  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Oh the younger years! How I wish I would have been smart enough back then. It is harder to lose weight when you get older. You sound extremely active and pair that with a lifestyle change and you will lose the weight. I've never done weight watchers but have had several friends do it and have been successful.

When the switch flipped in my head, after my doctor asked me what I was going to do about my weight, I knew I needed a lifestyle change. I knew just going on a "diet" wasn't going to work for me. I knew I needed the accountability and the assistance to make sure I'm eating what I'm supposed to, when I'm supposed to and that's why I went with Metabolic.

Choose your path and follow it! Stick with it and you will lose the weight and keep it off.

Good Luck!
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I agree to do it now. I wish I had found some real answers and been on top of nutrition and exercise when I was your age. If you want fitness and health, you can make it happen. This is a good place for you to be. Welcome and let the race begin! (Just realize there is no finish line).
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #5  

Thank you all! I guess I was in the whole" i put it back on so now I can't lose it" stage... But with motivation and trusting in myself.. I should do it. Becauae you are right... I am young. Just turned 20 a few days ago and don't want to be older trying to do it. Esp being active on the soccer field.
bc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/in progress/145

Height: 5'5

Totally agree DO IT NOW!!! and make it a way of life. If you don't it will turn into more. I have done weight watchers and I have had more success on MRC. To me MRC is more in balance with food choices. Weight Watchers let you eat everything as long as you are in your points range. So extra carbs would creep in with me. So yes you can do it!!
stone3973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Oh, honey, you sound like me many many years ago. I am 5'2" also. I want to encourage you to take a different path than I did.

First, I want to tell you to be kinder to yourself. When I was your age I saw myself as fat at 135 pounds. Then I went over 150 and saw myself as huge. My mental picture was so warped that I could not see the difference in 150 and 250 because huge was huge in my mind. Beating yourself up is counterproductive!

Be realistic, but look at the positive. At 163 you are in the overweight BMI range. You have not become obese. Ok, you probably do want to lose some weight to get to a healthy BMI, but you are not that far from it. You have a very doable amount of weight to lose. Trying to get as small as you were in high school is probably not realistic and beating yourself up and being miserable about your weight can actually lead to weight gain.

Don't focus on how much fat you have. Focus on being healthy and getting control over what you eat and how much you exercise.

Set small goals that you can reach and celebrate getting to each one. I think that you should start with trying to get to 160. You will have moved a little further away from that "obese" mark. Then focus on 5 pounds at a time. Getting in a positive frame of mind about your weight will make losing so much easier.

You are coaching soccer so you are physically active. You may just have a couple of eating changes to make. Do you have one or two high calorie foods or drinks that you need to cut out?

You can get control now. You are still in a weight range that is not so overwhelming. You don't want to gain 100+ pounds and struggle for decades.

You can do this! Please do it now before things really get out of control.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #8  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Yes, you're not that far away from where you need to be. It's completely doable. I lost around 70 lbs. with MRC and gained some back during a pregnancy. This time, I have aobut half that amount to lose, and it feels much more doable. Your loss would be similar to mine. It is possible.

I personally believe that any diet works if you follow it. I've done WW in the past, and if you follow it (and use the "healthy checks"-- oils, veggies, fruit, etc.) then you will lose. For me, though, I didn't eat may fruits and veggies and chose carbs or sugary stuff to use my points on, and I'd get hungry later and then go over. MRC is more structured in making me eat protein and veggies, so it works better for me, but not everyone is the same. I tend to do better on lower carb diets because carbs tend to trigger cravings for me. If I weren't on MRC, I think I'd probably try South Beach. I like how MRC has a lot of support, though, if you have a good center. There's a lot of accountability in having to weigh in in front of someone. That helps me a lot.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote