South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat for Monday, August 22

Good morning, everyone. I have coffee and tea ready and the back deck is beckoning although it's still really dark out there. I'm up too darned early this morning for some reason but just could not get back to sleep after 3 a.m. I need some lessons in Debbie's "managed insomnia".

Not much on the schedule again today although I will have the usual bank run. I am welcoming a little breathing space from doing pet therapy. Since I passed seven of the ten dogs we tested yesterday, I have some paperwork to do but it's pretty minor.

I also hope to carry on with some sewing - not quilting! - and get some fall pants shortened. My good Elna has a minor problem at the moment so I dug out my trusty little Janome and altered an outfit to wear to the dinner on Saturday. Four inches of fabric gone sure make things fit better and made me feel much better too!

So ... what's happening on your Monday?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:58 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, Wow! Four inches off a garment is surely an NSV! Glad to hear so many doggies passed and that you're looking forward to a semi-calm day.

I managed my insomnia by sleeping 2 hours on the couch last night before heading to bed at 10. Let's see, 5 + 2=7 hrs. That will do. I'm continuing my yoga plans this morning and will head to the pool about 7. I won't be home until after 10 then I can figure out what's happening. My food yesterday could be a title for a reality show, "Good Food Gone Bad". I did great all day, despite family stress, then dived into a big bowl of cheerios while couching. Oh, well. I hope to have stronger resolve today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'd love to join you on the back deck for a coffee before starting my day, Ruth. I wouldn't mind having a cuddy pup in my lap and one curled up on my feet, either. It sounds like you had a good day yesterday, and I hope today brings lots of contentment, as well.

Debbie, I guess 7 hours of sleep is a lot for you. Your run-in with the Cheerios doesn't sound too awful, at least they are OP.

I don't know what's going on with me, but all I want to do is sleep. I laid in bed watching the clock for almost an hour this morning before I finally forced myself to get up. I have a bit of the sniffles, too, so maybe my allergies are acting up, and that explains the lethargy.

This is the girl's last week of freedom, so if there's anything left that we didn't get to do all summer, I guess we'll try to squeeze it in this week. I wonder what they have in store for me today?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ugh, could have done some managing insomnia around here too. I went to bed early but a middle of the night storm with wind woke me up to scurry around closing windows. That kept me awake for a couple of hours. Wouldn't have been bad for a normal night but the night before I barely logged 4 hours and really needed some catch up.

Saturday night I was reminded of the dangers of too much wine. I made good choices all day at the fair and then at the party. Unfortunately after much too much wine and being up way past my bedtime I dove into a plate of unmentionables. Then after not enough sleep and the sugar low from the night before I added another unfortunate item to my breakfast. At least that one met my criteria for off plan food - it was homemade and would have been worth it as a single, planned food. It wasn't great after sugar and too little sleep. I paid for it all afternoon, left early because I felt so wretched and missed Bread & Puppet. Yeah, I should know better A couple of days of Phase 1 foods should clean my system out but I know I'm going to fight cravings this afternoon when I start to get tired.

Ruth - Breathing space sounds lovely. Wow, that's a lot of fabric!

Debbie - Yoga and the pool sound like a perfect start to any day.

7 work days left and no more weekends. In the meantime I still need to negotiate my contract and I have a job interview for another part-time position. From here on out all of my work will be connected to the transition with just a little follow-up left from last week. I will be going out with the new organizer and introducing her around, picking up some last minute surveys and cleaning up my data and files. Today I bring a load of stuff back to the office for the last staff meeting I will miss those great grafton cheese ends at the Montpelier Co-op though. I get a big back every time I go up. Anyone know if you can freeze cheddar cheese?

Hope your Monday breezes by with no moaning

ETA - Good morning Cottage. Seems like lots of people are tired right now. I wonder if it's just the end of summer, allergies or some combination?

Part of getting ready to end the job has been moving the cats form 6:00 feedings to 6:30. Now I'm late and they are even less amused

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-22-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Cyndi. "Wrenched" is the perfect word to describe how I feel after going on an extended off-plan binge, too. You'd think we'd remember that after all these years, right?

You can freeze cheddar cheese, but it does get slimy. If you shred it first, though, it freezes great.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

I'm with Cyndi today... really need PH 1 to clean out my system. That road trip did me in. Amazing how horrible I feel from eating all that crap. Gym with my mom today. Then I am going to spend more time in my teen's room. Yesterday I went through his clothes and put them "away." He has lived out of laundry baskets and from piles on the floor for years; his dresser drawers were empty! Today I think I'll tackle the desk. That's what you get when you go to college leaving a mess and your mom is neat freak!

Off for some tea... Have a great one, all.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning ladies! I am getting ready to head out to my c25kw4d1 run! Oy. Its hot and humid so I hope that doesn't affect me too much! Its so much nicer when the weather isn't um... so sticky! lol... I just wanted to post this recipe that we tried last night that I found delish!!! I put it in the older on plan thread but was afraid not many would see it since it was the last day in that one... anywho- I am sure it could be made with brown rice noodles instead of ww and I made my own no fat hummus with great northern beans, chick peas, lemon juice and garlic... these were AMAZING Vegan Cheese stuffed Bean burgers! MMMmmmmm I will definitely be making them again soon! Oh the only other tweak I made was a bit more worcestershire sauce. so good!

Well, the pets are done eating so its time for me to RUN!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Wow Ruth! 4 inches!?!? That's great!!

Lexxis - I guess Cheerios are better than chips??!

I'm feeling lethargic too Cottage. But at 8a I was up and out. Now back on the couch until 10a.

Cyn and Karen - hope you are able to fight the cravings today!

As for me, it's my day off but it will be spent packing. I dropped of DW at the metro, then went to Lowe's for some glass dividers and then to the store for spinach for my smoothie. I actually cringed going past the chip isle. BUt, I didn't give in to stress eating.

I think 4 more boxes in the kitchen and I will be done. We set out another 10 boxes/bags for donations bringing the total to 22! Then the entry closet, hall closet and to figure out where DW left off in the basement.

Have I mentioned that I hate packing?!?!

ETA: Enjoy the run Rikki!

Last edited by jenne1017; 08-22-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, everyone!

Today is the start of day five for me. Hopped on the scale this morning and I'm down 4 pounds so far! Crazy! I feel great. I'm starting to get some energy back which is nice, the first couple days I was pretty lethargic and headachey.

I work as a general manager at an Italian restaurant, so the challenge has been to keep things interesting at work vs. having a green salad with chicken for every meal. I don't usually have time at work to cook for myself, but I've been making the time at least once a day to prepare a recipe that I've found online with ingredients we have on hand at work. The other meal that day at work I have been ordering things that are SBD phase 1 friendly. I'm feeling so optimistic and jazzed about it.

I've been surprised by how much I've loved all the recipes I've tried so far. The pb cubs are delicious, as are the roasted chickpeas, mock pancakes, etc. It hasn't even felt like a diet.

Anyway, that's it for how SB has been going.

It's fun to read about your dogs, Ruth, well at least the dogs you work with. We love our dogs to death!!

Rikki - those bean burgers do sound awesome! What did you serve with them?

Jenn - moving to a new city or just new house? I hate packing but the unpacking in a new place is well worth it to me!!

I'm off to try to get some things done before I work, but I hope you all have a great day.

Angie
Old 08-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #10  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Howdy all! I was MIA last week, enjoying the kids last week of summer vacation. We jam packed last week with tons of fun activities. School started today. It was bitter sweet. I do crave schedule and routine, so it will be nice to get us all back on it!!
I did OK with eating last week, tried to make good choices and not stress about it. Scale only moved a little, not in the right direction, but I will get it worked out this week. Feels good to be back OP, I have a hard time drinking all my water when I am out and about.

Happy Monday!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shhhhhh, EveryBeacherBabe! I am going to have lunch, take some Advil for my leg pain, unplug the phones and then have a nap. See y'all later.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by southmplsgirl View Post
Jenn - moving to a new city or just new house? I hate packing but the unpacking in a new place is well worth it to me!!
Hi Angie!

New city AND a new place. We rent a house now (1000 sq.ft of liveable space plus another 200 sq.ft of basement) and are moving to an apartment. It's 1300 sq.ft and great amenities (pool, gym, garage, no lawncare!). I live in the DC metro region and attached a pic of where DW and I both work and live now to where we'll be. Commute will be about the same for us both, only switched (a bit shorter for me, longer for her). I'm starting to have some cold feet though - feeling like we have too much stuff, even though we've donated 20+ bags and boxes already!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg map.jpg (56.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

GREAT day everyone - back to school shopping, soccer planning, Ultimate planning, and just enjoying the beautiful weather.

Oh, and removing the tree from the back yard. Hmmm.

I will be better amount posting when the school year starts back up - I know it. Best to everyone - this is still the best place to be!

Be well -
Old 08-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone, thanks Debbie and CBT for your congratulations on my first major goal. It means alot! Work is going well and I can't wait till I start school in Jan 2013. As I told Debbie, I'm moving on April 1, 2012 into an apartment. One of my goals is to have my own place by the time I turn 30. I'll acheive that goal with a year to spare. I'm 28 years old.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #15  

Hi everyone, I would like to join this thread.

You guys are really having such success on this plan - CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm trying to figure out how to get the photo of my dog that I uploaded to my profile to show up on my posts.

Today I found a South Beach blog called Kalyn's kitchen. The recipes look wonderful. I found a fun recipe called White Trash Sushi - very unpolitically correct name, but they taste great. Basically, thin, lean ham slices spread with low fat cream cheese, hot sauce and rolled up with a dill pickle spear piece.

Today is a lazy day for me, thank goodness. I just did not feel well yesterday, and I'm still recovering.
Closed Thread