Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Jillian Michaels Powerbell

Anyone try Jillian Michaels Powerbell? It's supposed to replace like 5 kettlebells. I'm in the market to buy another heavier kettlebell and I'm considering my options. I saw one of these at Target for 70$ but it seemed like a good deal because it had the ability to go from a 5 lb. kettlebell to a 20 lb. kettlebell depending on how many weights you slipped over the handle. And it came with a workout DVD which was nice too. Thanks in advance.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hope it's not too late for you, but I've recently gotten this, and it's pretty great! I've never used a kettlebell before, so part of my enjoyment might be just about the exercise itself, but the product is solid and easy to use. Mine came with a DVD and a chart of moves, plus two wrist guards (too small for my hands, though!).

My only minor complaint is that the exercise chart directs you to her website for an 8-week routine, but the link redirects to a Powerbell & Crossbar page that only contains a crossbar routine and some powerbell videos.

Anyway, hope this helps!
slowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My personal opinion is that for most women, a kettlebell under 15 lbs is useless. If you have little strength then maybe, possibly 10 lbs is useless. Jillian Michael's also has horrid form with kettlebells so I'd avoid her instruction.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #4  
Sloth-be-gone

S/C/G: 160/135/125

Height: 5'5"

I own a 10lb and a 20lb kettlebell that I use for Angie Miller's Kettlebell bootcamp. I think I would probably be annoyed at having to readjust JM's kettlebell as often as I switch between my 10 and 20lb, and hers is more bulky than my 10 by far. I agree that you will probably only use the 15lb and 20lb sizes so you're really only getting 2 different sizes rather than 5 (I do use a 10, but I am pretty weak and you will likely find that too light; I actually wish it was a 15 lb instead). Personally I would rather have a 10-15lb and a 20-25lb kettlebell rather than an adjustable one for easier switching and less bulk on my smaller weights, and I think they would run you about the same price as JM's.
GoldenDoodler is offline   Reply With Quote