Old 08-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Default Weekly Chat--August 21st thru August 27th

Thought I'd start the new thread!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!

We went hiking yesterday. My doctor changed one of my meds and it makes me sleepy, which isn't bad at night, but in the AM if I don't drink a couple cups of coffee or have some diet coke I conk out. So I SLEPT most of our driving time. The first hike was by far the hardest. I earned 5 points on that hike! Although, when we got to the peak, I realized I forgot my camera in the truck.... BOOO!!

Here's to a great week!!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Great for the hiking, MrsD2008! It's sooo long since I went hiking!

We had friends over at our place saturday night and we manage to cook super healthy! (okay, except for the chocolat mousse I made for dessert...) We had a beer-can- chicken on the bbq, grilled pepper bells salad, corn cooked on the grill and some leek and barley gratin I found in the WW cookbook I just bought. The weather was so nice, we had a great time!

I now have to really hardly train for my 5k race in october. It's to raised money for Canadian Breast Cancer Fondation and so far I got 125$, and many people promised me to give something. This is such a good motivation!

Hope you all had a great weekend
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Had a great weekend. I took my girls to the CNE on Friday we rode rides all day and walked 23000 steps! Yep I wore my pedometer to see how much walking we would do. And I managed to eat pretty good while we were there. Especially considering there was a version of deep fried everything there!

Now as I posted in another thread. My dh went out and bought The Eat Clean Diet for Men book and he's getting on board with healthy eating and losing weight. I couldn't be happier because I just really want him healthy and I believe we both need to set good examples for our daughters.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #4  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

I had a great weekend! Went out to dinner Friday night and then Saturday friends had a housewarming party. Yesterday was very lazy and I colored my hair

My family reunion is this weekend and I'm a little nervous of about the food, but there should be lots of opportunities for activity points that I'll be able to take advantage of!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW 268/ CW 202.4/ GW 150

Height: 5'1

Hey girls....

I'm having a hard time and doing horribly this week. I think I've gained 3 lbs... just because I'm barely eating and when I do, its crap... or alcohol. sigh. Even worse is that I know I'm acting out because someone hurt me and I just can't seem to get past it. All in all I'm an emotional wreck

But... gym today. I have to.
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #6  

We're here for you patchymomma! I really wanted to Binge this whole weekend. I kept with on plan food, but I did eat more of it than usual. I hope you feel better after the gym!
Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #7  

Today is a very sad day in Canada. The leader of the political NPD party died this morning from cancer

I never liked politics, to me they we're just a big bunch of liars and hypocrit. But Mr Layton was just so friendly, with such a positive attitude, that politics did not look that much crappy anymore.

I'm so shocked and sad for his family. We lost a great man today
Old 08-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #8  

Patchy mama I'm sorry you are struggling today and you feel down. Hugs to you. You have support here if you need it. Try to feel your feelings instead of eating them (I know easier said then done).

As for Jack Leyton it is very sad. It was only a few weeks ago I watched his press conference where he said he was taking a break until he felt better. He was a local politician in my area. So sad.

Last edited by Proatthis; 08-22-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proatthis View Post

As for Jack Leyton it is very sad. It was only a few weeks ago I watched his press conference where he said he was taking a break until he felt better. He was a local politician in my area. So sad.
I was away in vacations with my bf when he had his press conference in july. So we had no idea about what was going on with his fight against the cancer.

The news of his death this morning let us in a total shock.

His open letter was heartbreaking.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #10  

Ummm, I don't know what the frig I did wrong this week.... I tracked everything I ate. I worked out extra hard (for me). I did really well. I was hoping to hit the 35 lbs lost mark. Instead? I lost 0.2 lbs. That's IT!! WHAT THE H??

Last edited by MrsD2008; 08-22-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 267/230.5/161

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
I was away in vacations with my bf when he had his press conference in july. So we had no idea about what was going on with his fight against the cancer.

The news of his death this morning let us in a total shock.

His open letter was heartbreaking.
I just read his letter... I even posted the same quote from the letter on my Facebook account..

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton

Very sad..he will be missed..he was an example of courage and humility in the face of deadly disease..in many ways he is a hero..

We can remain hopeful in our efforts to be healthier..let's live for today and recognize our life accomplishments thus far..life is so short
I am most proud of my kids and my ability to parent them, I give myself credit for the hard work I do, in juggling all the roles I play..
Blessings to all of you..
SLIMplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD2008 View Post
Ummm, I don't know what the frig I did wrong this week.... I tracked everything I ate. I worked out extra hard (for me). I did really well. I was hoping to hit the 35 lbs lost mark. Instead? I lost 0.2 lbs. That's IT!! WHAT THE H??
Aww. I know you was looking forward to your WI. Keep in mind that a minimal loss is still better than a gaining..
Old 08-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #13  
Hap
next stop: fit & fabulous

S/C/G: 181.8/174.4/142

Height: 5'4"

If you did work out extra hard maybe you've got a little water retention? Maybe the hard work will catch up in a day or two. I feel like sometimes my body is behind a bit.
Hap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #14  

Hey ladies. I have had a great day today! First got the call from the bank I applied to and they hired me
Then I went to weigh in and lost 1.5 for the second week in a row!

I'm super motivated and feel like I'm on a high! Just thought I would let you all know.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #15  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I am feeling generally exhausted this week. I typically work out 5 days a week, taking off Thurs and Fri after my weigh-in (but usually still walk the dog those days anyway). I have been feeling stressed about the NEED to exercise every day and haven't let myself relax or take off a day. Today I finally said "relax" and gave myself a much needed day off from working out and a nap! I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself this week to lose another pound and a half to make it to 20 pounds, but I don't want to freak out if I don't make it. I felt like I just needed to chill a little, you know?
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote