Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 8/22 - 8/28

Diana3271
08-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

mamakat
08-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Good Evening Everyone,
I finally got the lawn mowed. I mowed DS part too, more exercise. Then I raked only for DH to mow over it...? To top it off I went downstairs to the gym and did 15 push ups, plus the rest of my upper body strength training. I made the 15 already maybe I can push out even more before that month is over. I seriously didn't think my arms were that strong, but pleased so far with the results.

One more week til school starts so I have to do some shopping this coming tax free week. DS wants nothing new, weirdo :p He still needs supplies. I'm bushed, I nodded off in the shower and hit my head on my hand bar. :lol: I plan to sleep til coffee tomorrow :) I hope I see the 230's again tomorrow, I'm so anxious. Already forgot not to get my hopes up :p

I hope you all have a wonderful night and a great day tomorrow. :)

zoodoo613
08-21-2011, 09:20 PM
More sugar challenges today, but I got through. I discovered today that after nearly 20 years of being a coffee drinker, I finally turned myself into an addict. I've been having more lately than I ever have before. I didn't have any yesterday, and by evening I had a low grade headache. This morning it was worse, and I was sure caffeine withdrawal was the culprit. We were heading to a county fair, and I went by the McD's drive thru and ordered and iced coffee with milk. I took a sip before we were out of the parking lot and it was sweet. It hadn't occurred to me to specify no sugar. I went in and had them make me a new one.

The fair was a lot of fun. Someone at work told me it was the best in the area, and I believe it. $15 entry fee, but after that all the shows, exhibits and rides were free. And there were some really good shows! The weather was looking iffy, and I was worried that we'd waste our money, but we got really lucky. It poured on us on the way there, but there wasn't a drop once we were out of the car. I got my son cotton candy and I managed to not pick at it.

I could probably count the many hours of wandering around the fairgrounds as exercise, but I don't have to because after dinner a friend stopped by to borrow something and I walked her home and came back the slightly longer way around, adding 1.5 miles to whatever incidental exercise I got at the fair.

I guess I'm feeling better about things than I was. Hope it lasts.

DZackery
08-21-2011, 09:25 PM
So after sitting here thinking about the 1.4 pounds I have gained in 2 days....I went night running. I pounded out 3 miles in about 30 minutes but the dark and creepy got to me and I came home. I should have gone further but tomorrow is another day. :)

Poncho is very well. He ate his first solid meal of white rice and green beans tonight and seems to be fully ok with it.

Over all a good day. Time for a shower, dishes and bed. :)

Diana3271
08-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Mamakat Great job on getting the yard mowed. That's work! I hope you see the 230's again tomorrow. :carrot:

Zoodoo Great job staying strong against the sugar. Especially at the fair! That's a tough one!

DZachery Great job on the run! I'm glad to hear that Poncho is still doing well.

DZackery
08-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Diana- How do you make that mock tuna casserole? It sounds super yummy.

berryblondeboys
08-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, it's Sunday evening and the dishes are done and the laundry is caught up and tomorrow my MIL leaves for 5 glorious weeks. I have lots of huge plans for when she is gone, so it will be a working vacation - for sure. I will be driving her all the way to Dulles Airport (1.5 hours there and 1.5 hours back). I'll stop to do something with my little guy though because that's a lot of sitting in the car with no real reward other than seeing an airplane, if we're lucky. When we get back, I have myself signed up for BodyPump at 8:15 pm.

It's been a long day and lots of rain, so much for exercise outside. I 'could' do a video in the basement, but I'll make today the rest day and do something else all day this week as my rest day tomorrow is ending up to be a workout day.

I'm going shopping tomorrow at Nordstrom Rack. I can't wait (even though I'll probably buy nothing! LOL)

alaskanlaughter
08-21-2011, 09:56 PM
So after sitting here thinking about the 1.4 pounds I have gained in 2 days....I went night running. I pounded out 3 miles in about 30 minutes but the dark and creepy got to me and I came home. I should have gone further but tomorrow is another day. :)

Poncho is very well. He ate his first solid meal of white rice and green beans tonight and seems to be fully ok with it.

Over all a good day. Time for a shower, dishes and bed. :)

i love being out at night doing anything, especially walking, but it gets far too creepy here because of all the black bears in the city...you never know when you will run across one and they arent very friendly lol

Diana3271
08-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Diana- How do you make that mock tuna casserole? It sounds super yummy.

I like it, but it's nothing like the real thing. :lol: Instead of noodles, I use spaghetti squash. I wasn't happy with the cream of mushroom soup that I used. It wasn't a condensed soup. It was a super low sodium, non condensed soup. Not the best flavor. I also used a packet of tuna. I added onion/garlic powder and pepper. I actually prefer WW Smart Ones and just add extra tuna, mushrooms and sugar snap peas. The problem is that I might be allergic to legumes and the WW's Smart Ones contains peas. I was just trying to fix the craving without eating the WW's product. Also, I am the only one that eats Tuna Noodle Casserole, so it's not worth it to make a regular recipe. I also make things like this to fill me up without eating a lot of calories since I am a big eater.

alaskanlaughter
08-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Well, it's Sunday evening and the dishes are done and the laundry is caught up and tomorrow my MIL leaves for 5 glorious weeks. I have lots of huge plans for when she is gone, so it will be a working vacation - for sure. I will be driving her all the way to Dulles Airport (1.5 hours there and 1.5 hours back). I'll stop to do something with my little guy though because that's a lot of sitting in the car with no real reward other than seeing an airplane, if we're lucky. When we get back, I have myself signed up for BodyPump at 8:15 pm.

It's been a long day and lots of rain, so much for exercise outside. I 'could' do a video in the basement, but I'll make today the rest day and do something else all day this week as my rest day tomorrow is ending up to be a workout day.

I'm going shopping tomorrow at Nordstrom Rack. I can't wait (even though I'll probably buy nothing! LOL)

my 5 year old LOVES! LOVES! the gumball machine at our airport...for a quarter, you can watch it spin down the contraption and out pops a gumball...when we have to hang out at the airport, that's his reward for behaving and he just loves it :)

DZackery
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
doobeedoobeedooo.....cracking open hardboiled eggs....dont know if I'm going to leave them or make deviled eggs...

Vixsin
08-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Not too much in the way of exercise today. Ate on plan and came in just under the calorie limit for the day. had a wonderful time hanging out with my friend and her kids. Maxwell had a great time playing...until I "made" him leave. LOL

Back to work tomorrow but I only have a 3 day work week and a 6 day weekend!!!!! I cannot believe school starts in 1 week.

See you all tomorrow! I'm off to a shower and then bed!

Diana3271
08-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm curious about something. I always mention that I am a big eater. Is anyone else here a big eater, too? I literally have to eat a lot of veggies/low calorie foods to fill up. I am happy with my foods, so there's no problem there. I'm just one that isn't happy with a small amount of food. Most people will be happy with a small serving of fettuccine with alfredo. I'm not happy with that. I have to have a large serving of spaghetti squash/broccoli slaw/zucchini with alfredo sauce. I know we all eat differently. :dunno: Sometimes I just feel weird because of how much I eat. :rofl:

Diana3271
08-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Anyone keeping their eyes on the hurricane updates?

mamakat
08-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Diana I have always been a big eater, I love food especially carby foods like pastas. I ate a lot when I was a child at first to please my mom and then I began to horde food. I got it in my head that tomorrow there might not be any food. Then my DH came a long...he's foodie true and true. But when I set my mind to eat, I don't have as much trouble as others have. I don't like people to give me ultimatums it makes me very cranky. And whenever I say I'm going to do something if even one person speaks or shows doubt, I must prove them wrong.

That's why when I go to restaurants if theres nothing but salad, hey I'll go with the salad, no big deal to me. I am uncomfortable with eating in public as well as by myself so I never worry about bingeing or cheating. I am doing portions now (sending back some plates as DH still tries to over feed me :)) I think I didn't have problem with food when it comes to stress and depression I'd be doing OK food wise. But add the health problems and lack of movement things never did move on the scale except up. So I'm making an effort now instead of just restricting foods

shishkeberry
08-22-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm a big eater, too. I usually save more than half of my daily calories for dinner because I like to be full. But I'm not usually hungry for breakfast and I have a light lunch so it evens out.

DZackery
08-22-2011, 06:36 AM
shish, I do that alot too. In the morning I just need my coffee. By lunch I might want a salad but by dinner I am wanting food.

*dancing* school starts this morning!

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Good Morning! :wave: Hmm, I didn't get into bed early enough last night. I will have to do better tonight.

I'm thinking that yesterday was my last day for TTOM. I'll see how today goes.

Weigh In: 143.6
No Change

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Diana3271 I'm a big eater too. Always have been. I need to feel I get FOOD. I can't eat a yogurt for lunch or a can of soup and feel I've eaten.

For dinner usually I eat about 6-8 ounces of lean meat and then have a HUGE salad (I love salads). I'll eat 3-4 cups of tomatos, green peppers, cucumber and red onions drizzled with some balsamic vinegar and a touch of olive oil. I've always eaten huge amounts of veggies.

What's different is that now I don't also eat huge amounts of potatoes or rice. I upped my protein (used to eat 3-4 ounces at a meal) and got rid of the starch element.

My dinners are typically 600-700 calories. I never eat after dinner. Breakfast is usually 300 or less, lunch is 300-400 and I might grab an afternoon snack depending on how hungry I am at dinner. So, typically I eat around 1450 a day and up to 1550 a day.

Sum38
08-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Morning,

weight 154.5.

I, as well, load up on veggies.... My problem is; if I eat what I am supposed to eat calorie wise to maintain my weight; I will gain weight Based on all websites, with my activity level, I am allowed to eat around 1900 calories per day....If I were to eat that much, I would gain about a pound per week. -- Based on same websites; 1400 calories should yield 1 pound weightloss...nope...at 1400 calories my weight stays the same. -- I have to eat 1000-1100 calories per day to shed less than a pound per week. Not fair!!

Anyone else struggles with this?

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Morning,

weight 154.5.

I, as well, load up on veggies.... My problem is; if I eat what I am supposed to eat calorie wise to maintain my weight; I will gain weight Based on all websites, with my activity level, I am allowed to eat around 1900 calories per day....If I were to eat that much, I would gain about a pound per week. -- Based on same websites; 1400 calories should yield 1 pound weightloss...nope...at 1400 calories my weight stays the same. -- I have to eat 1000-1100 calories per day to shed less than a pound per week. Not fair!!

Anyone else struggles with this?

I do.... I can only eat 1450 a day to 1550 a day if I exercise HARD for an hour every day (well, 6 days a week). According to everything, I should be losing 2 pounds a week or more with that kind of eating and exercise. I'm now at the point of losing 1 pound a week. So, I'm not really 'complaining' as I'm losing, but if I were to ditch the exercise, I would only be able to eat 1000-1100 a day to lose the same amount and that's at 5'6.5" tall and a very large frame.

And look at Diana3271. She eats 1440 plus coffee every day and she works out a minimum 1 hour a day (many times 1.5 hours a day) and she is maintaining at that, not losing.

Those calculators are off.

So, the smaller you are (height and frame size) the less you can eat. Of course, it should be that your hunger level should be less than someone 6' tall too, but not being able to be 5' one day and 6' the next, how can we know that really?

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Quick check in: I was watching the weather channel. Hmm, things are not looking good with the current hurricane forecast. Natural disasters are a total PITA! We have plenty of water, about 10 cases. I need to buy some more food. I will buy a few things between now and Wednesday. Wednesday is my appointment with the allergist. Hopefully I will find out one way or another if I am allergic to nuts/legumes. That makes all the difference in what I can eat. I can see us in the middle of a natural disaster and then my allergic reactions getting worse because I am eating mostly what I am allergic to. Ack!

jomatho
08-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Diana, I am a big eater too, have been for as far back as I can remember and my parents allowed it. Didn't catch up with me until I went to college. I struggle with it daily.

Just lacing up my tennis shoes to meet my friend for a walk, a little late today because she had to get bloodwork done, but we will get that in and then I will come home a run a few miles on the treadmill. I also plan to get back on the weight bench this week. I still need to plan that out a little, what days for what muscle groups.

While I was away from the boards I challenged myself to a mini triathalon a "sprint" they call it. This was just on my own, not a real race. I ran a 5k (3.2 miles), biked 12 miles and swam 1/4 mile (33 laps in my pool). It was so much fun and I want to do it again before we close the pool. I did it in 1:59:08. I was really busting a move with my swimming to try to get in in under 2 hours when I realized I was that close! Pretty sad, a lot of people can run a marathon in that amount of time! Oh well. I may try to do it again this weekend.

I have also made out a dinner menu for the week which will hopefully help with the boys schedules. Feels busy already around here and we haven't even started school yet. Eeek.

So that's what is on my mind this Monday morning, gonna make it a great week!

Sum38
08-22-2011, 08:36 AM
I find it frustrating. I walk, really fast (4.5mph) anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hr 10 minutes per day...all hills.

Oh well, need to do this sooner or later.

zoodoo613
08-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Big eater here too! My husband can't stand the feeling of being full, but I love it (unless I go over the edge into stuffed.)

We have a really nice kitchen at work, that's pretty well stocked with cookware, mugs, silverware. Dishes are a little sketchier, as they're mostly castoffs. There's this one set of nesting serving bowls, and they're often the only bowls available. I'll occasionally eat these vast salads, made in one of the serving bowls, not the smallest either. I'll feel pretty full after one of those salads, but they only add up to 300 calories or so, once dressed. One day I was thinking about the big salad I'd just eaten, and about the fact that even so I was likely to be hungry before the afternoon was over, and my mind had this momentary glitch as to why that would be. I mean, there was a lot of stuff to break down. Shouldn't that take a while? While peeing for the second time after that salad, it clicked. Oh yeah, it's mostly water. Once you take that part out, there's not much left.

jomatho
08-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Sum, LOVE your new avitar!

jomatho
08-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Quick check in: I was watching the weather channel. Hmm, things are not looking good with the current hurricane forecast. Natural disasters are a total PITA! We have plenty of water, about 10 cases. I need to buy some more food. I will buy a few things between now and Wednesday. Wednesday is my appointment with the allergist. Hopefully I will find out one way or another if I am allergic to nuts/legumes. That makes all the difference in what I can eat. I can see us in the middle of a natural disaster and then my allergic reactions getting worse because I am eating mostly what I am allergic to. Ack!

Oh yikes!

DZackery
08-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Diana, Thanks for that heads up about Irene. The last I had heard it was gonna hit us as a Trop storm but I see now this information has changed slightly. And not for the better. I guess I need to make sure we are stocked too.

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Diana, Thanks for that heads up about Irene. The last I had heard it was gonna hit us as a Trop storm but I see now this information has changed slightly. And not for the better. I guess I need to make sure we are stocked too.

Where are you located? Things have really changed from the last update I heard before bed to the current update. I'm sure things will change even more once they have more info. They are suppose to have more info tonight after the plane fly into the storm.

DZackery
08-22-2011, 08:47 AM
I am in North Central Florida. According to TWC we are expecting a Cat 2 storm by friday night into saturday morning.

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 08:54 AM
My mother in law leaves today... I'm doing a major happy dance!!! Freedom!!! And hello spicy Indian food! (Please no kids get sick this time ruining my freedom!)

Down another .4 And quite honestly, I can hardly believe the scale is saying "I" weigh so little!

mamakat
08-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Ugh, I am begging Mother Nature to let Irene fizzle. I can barely live with all the teasing from Hurricane Katrina. If Irene is a terror, no one will ever leave me alone again. Even doctors comment. That's why I go by Kat now...Did you like how I made a natural disaster all about me? Seriously though I really hope it changes course.

Jo I think your "sprint" was awesome. Under two hours is very good.

Sum I can't remember now who told me this, but last year I was doing almost 2 miles of uphill walking because I thought it would burn more, but someone told me it's not the hills that makes us burn it's the speed and distance. Hills are more like strengthening the muscles...I can't remember but I know it was someone with a MD attached as I have no friends to give me advice on weightloss. I don't know if that helps at all. It did me though as I stopped doing the dreaded hills :D

mamakat
08-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Berry so happy for you. Enjoy time :)

zoodoo613
08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Ugh, I am begging Mother Nature to let Irene fizzle. I can barely live with all the teasing from Hurricane Katrina. If Irene is a terror, no one will ever leave me alone again. Even doctors comment. That's why I go by Kat now...Did you like how I made a natural disaster all about me? Seriously though I really hope it changes course.

A guy I used to work with named his baby daughter Katrina just weeks before the hurricane hit. Poor kid, although I guess most of her peers will only hear of it historically. Is your middle name Irene?

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 09:10 AM
I am in North Central Florida. According to TWC we are expecting a Cat 2 storm by friday night into saturday morning.

Now is the time to prepare. It's best to be ready and the storm passes you by than not to be ready.

We had all of our food/water when Hurricane Hugo hit. Some people in this area didn't have power for 3 months. It was awful. People were waiting in lines for water and food because they didn't prepare and have supplies.

DZackery
08-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Mamakat- I remember getting teased years ago because Hurricane Danielle hit the Carolinas on my birthday. It was somewhat amusing.

I don't usually worry too much about the Canes. I've been in florida for over 20 years and it's a part of life. The only storm that ever scared me was the Storm of the Century in March of 93. I was 8 and the tornados were chillin in our back yard. It was quite scary to go to bed during a regular thunderstorm and wake hours later to the walls and ceiling separating from one another.

Diana- We have a pretty good supply of water and some non perishables but we also have two generators and we live in a national forest on a lake so water and bathing is no issue. i usually keep that stuff around because when our area loses power due to a major storm....we are the ones waiting for weeks since we are at the end of the lines for that company.

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 09:12 AM
My mother in law leaves today... I'm doing a major happy dance!!! Freedom!!! And hello spicy Indian food! (Please no kids get sick this time ruining my freedom!)

Down another .4 And quite honestly, I can hardly believe the scale is saying "I" weigh so little!

Berry Great job! I hope everything goes perfect for you. :hug: You don't know how many times I have almost typed my weight as 240 something on here. I still can't believe what my weight is even though I look at the scale every morning. It's really weird.

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Ugh, I am begging Mother Nature to let Irene fizzle.

I second this! It can fizzle or turn so to miss the US all together!

zogo
08-22-2011, 09:17 AM
zoodoo amazing willpower not having a pinch of cotton candy at the fair. Good Job!

Jomatho The sprint tri was a great idea. I did the "Danskin Srpint Tri" several years ago and just to finish was my goal. It was so fun and I ended up doing fairly well. Discovered I hate running and later learned it gives me plantar fascitis. A friend recently asked me to go biking, I haven't had my bike out all summer...I'm thinking that would be a good idea.

I recently read that if you drink alot of liquid with a meal (before, during, after), it speeds the food through and you don't pick up all the nutrients. Anyone ever heard of this philosophy? Wonder if it makes you more full or less full?

Good news on the scale this morning, I made it back into the 170's .... Let's hope I can make it stick and move down from here.

My son is leaving for college in a week (first one, first year) and I'm trying to get all his clothes clean and ready to go today.

mamakat
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Ok so I never tell people my middle name as I was named after my Grandmother who actually loathed me and made it clear nearly every day. But yes, my middle name is Irene. And when Katrina did all that devastation and the every paper had huge headlines a friend (former) who I was very close to (no longer see her) put a paper board together of all these headlines and gave it to me. She said that the headlines could be talking about me just as much as the storm. That hurt a lot. I of course don't get teased now over it because it's been so long ago, but the first few years were hard. And not a lot of people knew this but because I suffer from PTSD I sort of take on a lot of peoples pain so I was reeling from the devastation in other ways. I haven't recovered from that hurricane or 911 which causes a lot of problems in this house...so the teasing was just another hit in the gut.

Wow, I just shared a lot, sorry. :lol: I can be thankful I have no friends now and DH has learned that when it comes to disasters I don't take jokes very well. Any other time, I'm good :p Call me fat all you want, but don't call me a hurricane or a bad mom, I tend to get pissy :p Anyway........

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Berry Great job! I hope everything goes perfect for you. :hug: You don't know how many times I have almost typed my weight as 240 something on here. I still can't believe what my weight is even though I look at the scale every morning. It's really weird.

It's odd isn't it? Sometimes when I'm updating my blog, I have to sit and think, "what did my scale say?" Yesterday I started to type in 198 and that felt great... then I realized.. wait, it's 188!!!

zoodoo613
08-22-2011, 10:06 AM
It's odd isn't it? Sometimes when I'm updating my blog, I have to sit and think, "what did my scale say?" Yesterday I started to type in 198 and that felt great... then I realized.. wait, it's 188!!!

I don't know if you noticed it, but you screwed that up in your blog a while ago. I just went and checked, it was the beginning of July. Check yourself out, July 2-4. I guess your fingers didn't quite believe you'd crossed into onderland. :)

Vixsin
08-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Good Morning All!

Berry: I'm excited for you! I know how much of a relief it is when you get a break from dearest MIL. :crossed: and :goodvibes: for healthy family! :hug:

Diana & Berry: I'm with the both of you as well on looking at my weight now and having to remind myself that I'm under 200 lbs. I still think like my old self and have to constantly remind myself that I can do certain things and that everything is different now. Funny how that works, huh?

Jo: "welcome3: Missed you girl! That Tri sounds amazing! You totally rocked it out. I would love to do a tri but I am NOT a strong swimmer at all. I guess I'd just have to start practicing, huh? LOL Glad you're back! You always motivate me.

Mamakat: Thank you for sharing that story. :hug:

As for me, I am up a random .8 this morning to 183.8. TOM's due in on Friday. I think he's trying to send his water early. Honestly though, I can only imagine what the gain could've been if I wasn't drinking so much yesterday. I got up THREE times last night to pee! :yikes: LOL I don't care though, I am going to stick to my plan like glue and fight back with the water. I'm gonna fight him hard this month. He ALWAYS messes up my numbers right at the end of the month. :tantrum:

I will fight on! I am not gonna make it easy for him this month!!! :sumo:

Sum38
08-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Sum, LOVE your new avitar!

AWWWW!! Thanks! I am back being blonde :)

SunkissedAutumn
08-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Good Morning 3FC family....
well it's the start of a new week and my goal is to try to lose 1.5 this week. I've been heavy on the proteins and lite on carbs. I wont completely cut them out, just eat good ones. The crazy cravings i'd been having have subsided. Thanks Diane for the tip about less sugar... i think that's why im not craving :carrot::carrot:... My weakness at this point is im still eating after 7pm... by the time i get home from work and prepare dinner, it's late :mad::mad:...i plan on hitting the gym atleast 3x's this week to squeeze in some cardio and lite weight training...every little bit counts at this point, i'm looking forward to seeing the 170's within the next month...

Stay motivated Folks:)

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't know if you noticed it, but you screwed that up in your blog a while ago. I just went and checked, it was the beginning of July. Check yourself out, July 2-4. I guess your fingers didn't quite believe you'd crossed into onderland. :)

Oh that is too funny! I'll go fix it, but no idea I did that. I'm still in shock I guess. I can believe I'm out of 200s but anything beyond that is still 'wow' territory. It's been THAT long since I've been here and even then it was for a few months only.

mamakat
08-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Guess what? It stuck! OMG I think I made it out of the 240's finally. Yesterday I was 239.6 today ((drum roll please)) 238.8!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I think I woke the neighbors with my "squee" I am so happy right now! Time to go change the ticker.

So I was 242 last Monday that brings me to a (gosh I hate math) almost 4lbs loss. IDK. I really don't understand math at all, never did. Who cares, no more stinking 243!

Have a great day everyone. Oh and stay healthy :D

zoodoo613
08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
The trouble with totally arbitrary rules you set for yourself is you have to decide all on your own how to interpret them.

I had a chobani yogurt with blueberries this morning for breakfast. I didn't think about it until it was all fixed up but those have a lot of sugar. I'm not going to get upset about it, but should I have it again tomorrow? Is it breaking my sugar rule? It's not as sugary as plenty of fruit, but it is added sugar. It's more than is in the granola bars I sometimes eat, which I'd decided were on the 'no' list. If I shouldn't have it again, what should I eat for breakfast? Oatmeal is a standby, but I really have trouble getting it down if I don't sweeten it. Eggs are a nuisance, AND I don't really want to add too many to my diet.

mamakat
08-22-2011, 11:34 AM
zoodoo my problem is I feel like breakfast "must" be sweet. DH likes cooking breakfast but he doesn't like sweets. That blows for me :p I drink Atkins shakes now because it's sweet, I can't look at another egg. DH also found bakery like muffins with no sugar (sweetener of course) that were 11 g carb for 1/2. I ate a whole one yesterday with a banana. We were trying to figure out what I needed to stop the calves from cramping. LOL what we'll do. Atkins has lots of stuff but as everything else it's got chemical sweeteners. I don't know if any of that helped.
Good luck.

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 11:51 AM
The trouble with totally arbitrary rules you set for yourself is you have to decide all on your own how to interpret them.

I had a chobani yogurt with blueberries this morning for breakfast. I didn't think about it until it was all fixed up but those have a lot of sugar. I'm not going to get upset about it, but should I have it again tomorrow? Is it breaking my sugar rule? It's not as sugary as plenty of fruit, but it is added sugar. It's more than is in the granola bars I sometimes eat, which I'd decided were on the 'no' list. If I shouldn't have it again, what should I eat for breakfast? Oatmeal is a standby, but I really have trouble getting it down if I don't sweeten it. Eggs are a nuisance, AND I don't really want to add too many to my diet.

Funny we're talking about breakfast, as I was just discussing it with my husband this morning too.

A way to get around the sugar thing with yogurts, is to blend it up yourself. Buy plain greek yogurt (or better, make yogurt yourself for half the cost - even organic). Add a few frozen or defrosted berries (blueberries are very low glycemic, btw) and blend it up in a blender and voila - a yogurt smoothie. I've been eating that for breakfast a lot with my older son. I use 1 cup of yogurt to about 1/2 a cup of fruit. I defrost the fruit int he microwave because I don't want a super cold smoothie.

I've also done (and still do about twice a week) atkins shakes. Like Mamakat, I NEED my breakfast to be sweet. My stomach simply cannot handle eggs and meat and cheese as a first meal unless that meal is much later for a brunch.

But that gets me to the discussion I was having with my husband this morning. Whenever I have a yogurt smoothie or an atkins shake, I get intestinal cramps about 30 -45 minutes after eating it. And then those cramps last for about an hour. It's consistently like that.

Back history - as an infant I projectile vomited formula, so, starting at around 3 months they took me off milk - yep.. I grew on juice (cripes, my mom was so not smart on that one). AND... I didn't like any dairy products as a kid - except ice cream. Not cheese (though grilled cheese sandwich using a single Kraft slice was ok), no yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, chocolate milk even, or anything that TASTED like milk.

Over teh years as an adult, I have developed a taste for cheese, but if anything tastes milky, I don't like it. But... I'm still having some issue. I don't think it's lactose issues as yogurt and whey don't have lactose. I think it might be a milk protein that gives me problems? But then... I only have these problems it seems, in the morning - as a first meal. I should test the smoothie thing out at some other time of the day.

Problem is, then what do I eat for breakfast that is sweet and not dairy based??? I guess my apple and peanut butter lunch can move to breakfast and the smoothie to lunch to test it out.

Anyway... it stinks to have issues with dairy!

zoodoo613
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
As soon as I posted I anticipated the protein bar/shake suggestions. They're good suggestions if low carb is what you're after, but that's not the issue for me. I'd rather not add more processed food, or artificial sweeteners. I don't actually like yogurt enough to eat in unsweetened. I sort of think of it as a way to make the fruit more filling. Smoothies are a good idea. I make them with milk and fruit and ice (I do like mine cold). But I usually eat breakfast at work and I couldn't do a smoothie here.

Berry, sweet, non-dairy and low carb? That is a tough combo. Have you investigated all the different sorts of milks available now? Rice, almond, soy? Maybe you can do something with those. Ooh, another suggestion: goats milk yogurt. It might be hard to find, but goats milk sugar are more similar to human milk sugars than cows milk.

shellsbrood
08-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi gals! Checking in quickly, since I have class today.

Also, I had to tell y'all that I met my other goal! I wanted to be down to 171 by Sept 1st which is my 1 year healthy lifestyle anniversary. That would put me at 90lbs lost and I reached that this last weekend! :carrot: Of course, I only have 10 more to lose and then I can say I've lost 100lbs, so I think I'm going to go ahead and go for that. Once, I get there, I'll probably go into maintenance. I'm starting to get the "Oh, wow, you're getting skinny. You're not going to lose anymore...RIGHT??" comments. :rolleyes: I still can't apply the word "skinny" to me. Me?? Skinny??

Of course, this morning the scale was up a random 2lbs, but I'm still claiming this weekend's 170. :D

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow! Way to go Shells!

shellsbrood
08-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks, Berry. You're almost at 90 from your highest, too! :carrot:

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Shells Great job! :bravo: The skinny comments make me feel weird. It takes people a while to get adjusted to the way you look. I was getting a lot of comments at one time about being skinny, etc.

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 01:11 PM
ETA: Remember the comment my Mom made about my legs looking long in my new jeans? I think she said it in a negative way. Anyways, I was wearing my new jeans on Saturday along with my new shirt. I didn't tell you about the new shirt. I will tell you about that in a minute. I went into Starbuck's and noticed a man and woman sitting out front talking. They were about 45-50 y/o. As I walked up, they started staring at me. I just nodded "hello" and went inside to order. On my way out they both looked at me and I spoke to them again. The lady stopped me and said that her and her husband were just talking about me and they really liked my Levi's. :D :eek: OMG! Why were they looking at me and talking about me. :D I thanked them and went on. It felt really good I have to admit.

Anyways, about the new shirts. I went to the hairdresser the other week. I am not into clothes and don't understand about fit, etc. I just know when it's too tight or way too big on me. I asked the people at the beauty shop what was wrong with my shirt. It was baggy in a weird way in the front. They immediately knew it was too big and they suggested that I buy a petite. :yikes: I told them: Me a petite? No way! I'm too tall for that. They said I should buy my shirts in a petite because I am high waisted and I don't need my shirts to be that long. So, I went to JC Penney last weekend. I tried on the V-neck 3/4 length shirts in Small and Small Petite. They were right. The Small Petite looks so much better on me. This is the type of stuff that I am not good at.

So anyways, the Small Petite shirts with the new Levi's make it look like my legs are a mile long. I take it the man and woman outside of Starbucks were admiring my long legs. ;)

Also, as a side note, remember about the comment my Mom made? That night my Mom asked about my new jeans again. I was thinking "oh no, not this again". Anyways, she commented that she really likes the jeans on me. I take it, the new jeans were an adjustment for her and it's difficult for her to express her feelings in a positive way.

Vixsin
08-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Great job Shells!!!!!!!!

I think being called Skinny is a great problem to deal with and wrap our heads around!!!!!

You look amazing shells! So healthy!!!!!

Vixsin
08-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Diana,

That was a great story!!! Yay for you and your new friends outside of Starbucks!!!! They SO were looking at your wonderfully long and sculpted legs!!!!! :cheer2:

Congrats on Small Petite!!!! :hug:

Sum38
08-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Yay Shells!! Your avi looks great, and yes you are SKINNY :) :)

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 01:34 PM
I would like to jump in, if possible? I have seen this thread and lurked a bit, but thought...what the heck, let's see if they will take a nut like me ;)

I have been following the positive comments on the weight loss a few of you have been receiving and I say "great, because you have EARNED IT"!!!!! I am very happy for you! :)

Reader's Digest version of me: I am a mom of 3, 2 SN kids, and sole income for my family of 5 (not a big income either,lol). I have only been at an acceptable weight in my eyes, once in my adult life and it wasn't achieved in a healthy manner. This time I am doing everything healthy and trying to make it work. I do strength training (or try to) 3x/wk... I do cardio at least 3x/wk...and work with a nutritionist for my food/supplements aspect of this new way of living. I weigh in on Wednesdays, and set mini goals to get me from step to step in my journey.

jomatho
08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Wow, Shells! Speaking of new avatars, yours is great too! And yes, my dear, I would call you skinny!!!

jomatho
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Funny we're talking about breakfast, as I was just discussing it with my husband this morning too.

A way to get around the sugar thing with yogurts, is to blend it up yourself. Buy plain greek yogurt (or better, make yogurt yourself for half the cost - even organic). Add a few frozen or defrosted berries (blueberries are very low glycemic, btw) and blend it up in a blender and voila - a yogurt smoothie. I've been eating that for breakfast a lot with my older son. I use 1 cup of yogurt to about 1/2 a cup of fruit. I defrost the fruit int he microwave because I don't want a super cold smoothie.

I've also done (and still do about twice a week) atkins shakes. Like Mamakat, I NEED my breakfast to be sweet. My stomach simply cannot handle eggs and meat and cheese as a first meal unless that meal is much later for a brunch.

But that gets me to the discussion I was having with my husband this morning. Whenever I have a yogurt smoothie or an atkins shake, I get intestinal cramps about 30 -45 minutes after eating it. And then those cramps last for about an hour. It's consistently like that.

Back history - as an infant I projectile vomited formula, so, starting at around 3 months they took me off milk - yep.. I grew on juice (cripes, my mom was so not smart on that one). AND... I didn't like any dairy products as a kid - except ice cream. Not cheese (though grilled cheese sandwich using a single Kraft slice was ok), no yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, chocolate milk even, or anything that TASTED like milk.

Over teh years as an adult, I have developed a taste for cheese, but if anything tastes milky, I don't like it. But... I'm still having some issue. I don't think it's lactose issues as yogurt and whey don't have lactose. I think it might be a milk protein that gives me problems? But then... I only have these problems it seems, in the morning - as a first meal. I should test the smoothie thing out at some other time of the day.

Problem is, then what do I eat for breakfast that is sweet and not dairy based??? I guess my apple and peanut butter lunch can move to breakfast and the smoothie to lunch to test it out.

Anyway... it stinks to have issues with dairy!

I am curious to know if you have the same problem at lunch as you do breakfast. Personally, I cannot eat yogurt or fruit for breakfast and don't feel well doing it. I don't know how to explain it, I am not nauseous or crampy, just don't feel well. I prefer savory foods over sweet most of the time, but especially at breakfast.
The reason I am responding to your post is because I wanted to suggest digestive enzymes. A lot of the hype out right now is of probiotics, which are helpful too, but I swear by digestive enzymes. Many, many people don't have the enzymes they need to digest foods appropriately, especially milks and protiens. It isn't an intolerance or allergy per say, just a lack of the right enzymes to digest the food properly. Worth a try if you notice it happens at lunch time too.

jomatho
08-22-2011, 01:52 PM
ItsMyTurn, :welcome: I think "nutty" will fit right in here! :D

shishkeberry
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Welcome, It'sMyTurn!
I'm still at 249 on the dot, so I guess it wasn't a fluke after all! I know how you feel about typing 188, berry. I feel like I just got used to typing 25- instead of 26- and now I have to get used to 24-?! What a funny problem to have!
We're having sweet potato fries with dinner tonight. I never thought I could eat a sweet potato without mashing it and adding obscene amounts of butter and brown sugar. But with just a little bit of evoo, a dash of salt and some fresh ground pepper and I'm in heaven! I use just a tiny bit of ketchup to dip. Even the kids love them, although DD gets hers without the salt and ketchup.

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
jomatho - Thank you so much!!!! I appreciate the welcome :)

shishkeberry - Thank you so very much for the welcome! :D I am so glad that is the problem you are having :D Having to get used to typing lower and not higher is an awesome problem to have!!! Enjoy the sweet potato fries!

Vixsin
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
ItsMyTurn: Welcome!!!! :welcome2: :hug: We are so glad you're here! Don't worry bout being nutty, we're all our own versions of nutty here! :dizzy:

Jo: Very interesting about the enzymes.

Shish: I love SP fries too!!! So good!

ItsMyTurn
08-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Vixsin - Thank you so much for the welcome!!! I sure do appreciate it :D

Sum38
08-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Welcome ItsMyTurn! We are all a bit nutty here :lol:

Sum38
08-22-2011, 03:25 PM
I was thinking... Remember when I was going totally insane with my MIL? Guess what, my brother-in-law started dating and my MIL has put her fangs on the new DIL :)

I kinda feel sorry for her, because she does not know how my MIL is....BUT I am LOVING my freedom. -- I think I can even shed some weight now.

Husband took some pictures with his new car, and I can definitely tell I have lost some of my tummy...made me so happy :)

Sum38
08-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Sorry about these multiple posts.... My husband did something really nice. I was a bit peeved about the new car.

He went to his jeweler and bought me Chamilia charm bracelet. He bought 4 charms; one for each 5 pounds I have lost. -- At my heaviest I was 175, but I had stopped weighing myself. -- He said he will buy one charm for each 5 pounds I lose, and after I hit 150 pounds, he will get 2 for each 5 pounds I shed.

I thought he was soooo sweet!

shishkeberry
08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Sum, you've got yourself a decoy DIL! Congrats! I frequent a forum for people with severe IL and family problems and that's what they call it when your MIL has someone new to torment. I love that place. They're very good at helping people find their spines when dealing with toxic people. It's also fun to read other people's horror stories. It's the Dealing With the IL's and FOO board on babycenter.com. It's a cool forum but they don't tolerate nonsense. Very much a tough love board.

Sum38
08-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Shish -- That is a funny way of putting it! Thanks for the smile! My MIL is one of a kind; I could write a whole book.

mamakat
08-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Itsmyturn :welcome: glad to have you.:)

sum did DH think of that on his own? I would so glow with happiness if my DH would celebrate my loss like that...as it is I'm not running around cheering that I'm down 45lbs as of today. He doesn't seemed pleased when I do that :D

shells congrats on the goal met, that's cool.

I could only do 30 mins today, I'm exhausted. I got some clothes shopping done for the kids even picked up two pair of size 18 pants for myself. 18? Last time I was below that I was in maternity pants :p It's weird, but I'm loving it.

I hope you all have a great evening. I need to shower then crash for a bit. I'm zonked. :)

Larry H
08-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Mamakat- I remember getting teased years ago because Hurricane Danielle hit the Carolinas on my birthday. It was somewhat amusing.

I don't usually worry too much about the Canes. I've been in florida for over 20 years and it's a part of life. The only storm that ever scared me was the Storm of the Century in March of 93. I was 8 and the tornados were chillin in our back yard. It was quite scary to go to bed during a regular thunderstorm and wake hours later to the walls and ceiling separating from one another.

Diana- We have a pretty good supply of water and some non perishables but we also have two generators and we live in a national forest on a lake so water and bathing is no issue. i usually keep that stuff around because when our area loses power due to a major storm....we are the ones waiting for weeks since we are at the end of the lines for that company.

DZackery

I am guessing you are in the Ocala National Forest area? I live In West Central Florida. Brooksville, Fl in Hernando County.

Larry,

Larry H
08-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi gals! Checking in quickly, since I have class today.

Also, I had to tell y'all that I met my other goal! I wanted to be down to 171 by Sept 1st which is my 1 year healthy lifestyle anniversary. That would put me at 90lbs lost and I reached that this last weekend! :carrot: Of course, I only have 10 more to lose and then I can say I've lost 100lbs, so I think I'm going to go ahead and go for that. Once, I get there, I'll probably go into maintenance. I'm starting to get the "Oh, wow, you're getting skinny. You're not going to lose anymore...RIGHT??" comments. :rolleyes: I still can't apply the word "skinny" to me. Me?? Skinny??

Of course, this morning the scale was up a random 2lbs, but I'm still claiming this weekend's 170. :D

Shells Way to go!!:carrot: Congratulations!!

Larry,

shishkeberry
08-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Ok, quick question. I just got back from giving blood. Should I count the orange juice and chips they gave me towards my calories for the day?

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Sorry about these multiple posts.... My husband did something really nice. I was a bit peeved about the new car.

He went to his jeweler and bought me Chamilia charm bracelet. He bought 4 charms; one for each 5 pounds I have lost. -- At my heaviest I was 175, but I had stopped weighing myself. -- He said he will buy one charm for each 5 pounds I lose, and after I hit 150 pounds, he will get 2 for each 5 pounds I shed.

I thought he was soooo sweet!

First of all, I like you as a blonde WAY better (fits your face better) and Two, you are a gorgeous woman and Three. what a sweet, sweet thing for hubby to do for you!

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
I am curious to know if you have the same problem at lunch as you do breakfast. Personally, I cannot eat yogurt or fruit for breakfast and don't feel well doing it. I don't know how to explain it, I am not nauseous or crampy, just don't feel well. I prefer savory foods over sweet most of the time, but especially at breakfast.
The reason I am responding to your post is because I wanted to suggest digestive enzymes. A lot of the hype out right now is of probiotics, which are helpful too, but I swear by digestive enzymes. Many, many people don't have the enzymes they need to digest foods appropriately, especially milks and protiens. It isn't an intolerance or allergy per say, just a lack of the right enzymes to digest the food properly. Worth a try if you notice it happens at lunch time too.

That's really interesting. I usually don't have problems with digesting and tend to have a pretty insensitive stomach. But that dairy business - not the lactose, but something else gets to me!

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Ok, quick question. I just got back from giving blood. Should I count the orange juice and chips they gave me towards my calories for the day?

I would count it, but if you feel you need more for the day, have more. It's just a guide, but giving blood or not - you ate those things.

ETA: and good for you for donating blood! Now that I'm thinner and healthier, I might do that (and if I know they no longer have to dig for my veins). I'm the ultimate universal donor with O negative blood.

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Vixsin Thank you!

Sum I have been looking at your avatar, too. I think you are gorgeous! I also like you better blond. Now I know who I think you look like . . . Gwyneth Paltrow!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoYDd.lJOlggA_i6JzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cn MybzJvBHNsawNpbWc-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearc h%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dgwyneth%2Bpaltrow%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26b%3D1%26tab%3Dorganic&w=640&h=930&imgurl=ia.media-imdb.com%2Fimages%2FM%2FMV5BMTQ4OTYxNTgxNF5BMl5Ban BnXkFtZTcwOTA4ODY1NA%40%40._V1._SX640_SY930_.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Fmedia%2Frm2215623 168%2Fnm0000569&size=104.5+KB&name=...+image+courtesy+gettyimages+com+names+gwyn eth+paltrow+gwyneth+paltrow&p=gwyneth+paltrow&oid=fe6fe1de23430a61f1b2190290161970&fr2=piv-web&fr=&tt=...+image+courtesy+gettyimages+com+names+gwynet h+paltrow+gwyneth+paltrow&b=0&ni=21&no=1&tab=organic&sigr=11gmoochh&sigb=12q094knk&sigi=131fd4lsp&.crumb=V41SPqhQI6E
http://www.listal.com/viewimage/280093
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoYDd.lJOlggAAC.JzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cn MybzJvBHNsawNpbWc-?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearc h%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dgwyneth%2Bpaltrow%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26b%3D1%26tab%3Dorganic&w=640&h=936&imgurl=ia.media-imdb.com%2Fimages%2FM%2FMV5BMTM2NDg3OTMxMF5BMl5Ban BnXkFtZTcwODA4ODY1NA%40%40._V1._SX640_SY936_.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Fmedia%2Frm2232400 384%2Fnm0000569&size=94.4+KB&name=Gwyneth+Paltrow&p=gwyneth+paltrow&oid=c05b6ec6a3eedf018587f8e617735693&fr2=piv-web&fr=&tt=Gwyneth+Paltrow&b=0&ni=21&no=3&tab=organic&sigr=11gsvtteu&sigb=12q094knk&sigi=131defb3s&.crumb=V41SPqhQI6E

ItsMyTurn Hi and Welcome! :wave: It's great to have you join in!

Shishkeberry I agree with Berry. I would count the calories, but if you feel a need to eat a little more then you should.

Diana3271
08-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
Zuppa Toscana 200 calories
Venetian Apricot Chicken w/asparagus & broccoli 400 calories
pinch off the end of a breadstick, 1 bite of DH's spaghetti 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 30
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (Lower Body/Upper Body Premix w/10's)

K9Owner
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
First off, How in the WORLD did this thread go thru 6 friggin pages in 1 day? Ugh!! Working 2 12 hr shifts back to back really puts my life out of sorts! What day is it??

:welcome3: It’sMyTurn (I keep saying it’s MY turn!!!) :lol:
You’ll fit right in here! Diana has enough NUTTY issues, even if none of the rest of us have any!! HAHAHAHA
You know I had to say that Diana!!! :rofl:

Shells: You ARE skinny! Look at your arms!! Love the avi!

Kristiina: You ARE gorgeous! & I’m not saying this is a freakish way. Look at your collarbones! WoW!
“Based on same websites; 1400 calories should yield 1 pound weightloss...nope...at 1400 calories my weight stays the same. -- I have to eat 1000-1100 calories per day to shed less than a pound per week. Not fair!! Anyone else struggles with this?”
GF, you know I’m in this boat with you!!! I have to eat lettuce and water and run 3x/wk to loose!
What a sweet idea from you hubs wif the bracelet gift!!!
I can’t get over how small you appear! I wonder if I really look small to people, b/c seeing you and knowing we are similarly built has me thinking, “gosh! Am I smaller than I lead myself to believe?”

I have had 2 people tell me this weekend how great I look and ask how much weight I've lost. My sis's friend, who notices every eyelash out of place on people commied, "Girl! you're you're losing weight again! How much have you lost?"
Me: 13lbs
Her: Is that all? You look like you've lost way more than that! You look good!

Well, DANG! how did I look before?? :lol:
People are so.......well........they just say whatever they want!! :rofl:

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Just back from bodypump. First time I've taken such a late class - 8:15 to 9:15 and wow! Totally different kind of people. During the day it's stay at home mom types, or those who work from home or odd hours - NO ONE is gussied up. Tonight, everyone had fancy workout clothes, everry woman had makeup on and her hair had been done for the day (and pulled up for class). Talk was different, vibe was different. It made me realize how LONG it's been since I was working and I never worked in the corporate world like most of these folks - totally different kind of people!

And now, I'm a limp noodle, which is good, right?

berryblondeboys
08-22-2011, 10:02 PM
ETA: Remember the comment my Mom made about my legs looking long in my new jeans? I think she said it in a negative way. Anyways, I was wearing my new jeans on Saturday along with my new shirt. I didn't tell you about the new shirt. I will tell you about that in a minute. I went into Starbuck's and noticed a man and woman sitting out front talking. They were about 45-50 y/o. As I walked up, they started staring at me. I just nodded "hello" and went inside to order. On my way out they both looked at me and I spoke to them again. The lady stopped me and said that her and her husband were just talking about me and they really liked my Levi's. :D :eek: OMG! Why were they looking at me and talking about me. :D I thanked them and went on. It felt really good I have to admit.

Anyways, about the new shirts. I went to the hairdresser the other week. I am not into clothes and don't understand about fit, etc. I just know when it's too tight or way too big on me. I asked the people at the beauty shop what was wrong with my shirt. It was baggy in a weird way in the front. They immediately knew it was too big and they suggested that I buy a petite. :yikes: I told them: Me a petite? No way! I'm too tall for that. They said I should buy my shirts in a petite because I am high waisted and I don't need my shirts to be that long. So, I went to JC Penney last weekend. I tried on the V-neck 3/4 length shirts in Small and Small Petite. They were right. The Small Petite looks so much better on me. This is the type of stuff that I am not good at.

So anyways, the Small Petite shirts with the new Levi's make it look like my legs are a mile long. I take it the man and woman outside of Starbucks were admiring my long legs. ;)

Also, as a side note, remember about the comment my Mom made? That night my Mom asked about my new jeans again. I was thinking "oh no, not this again". Anyways, she commented that she really likes the jeans on me. I take it, the new jeans were an adjustment for her and it's difficult for her to express her feelings in a positive way.

I sometimes look at petite stuff for the exact same reason - high waisted/short waisted, so they sometimes fit. Problem I run into is that they often times then cut them smaller in the boob section which is a problem for me. I actually just bought a 12P shirt the other day!

And I bet your legs do look fabulous! Who doesn't like long, lean, fit legs? Rock it Diana! You've earned it!

DZackery
08-22-2011, 11:21 PM
So I'm watching TWC and all I can say is.....rut roe.

Larry- Yep we are in the Ocala National Forest. My husband worked in Broosville when I met him. His family does concrete and they were working a park down there. That was before he quit concrete and decided trains were better.

Larry H
08-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Two miles walking today and 3 hours of yard and garden work.

Weight steady at 215. I am expecting a drop soon as that has been my pattern.

My 6th week of Calorie Cycling

8/22/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 1563 (88 under)
8/23/11 - Tue -goal 1501 calories
8/24/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories
8/25/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories
8/26/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories
8/27/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories
8/28/11 - Sun -goal 1201 calories

Total so far for this week is 88 calories under

My sodium was 1554 mg which is 446 mg under my goal of 2000 mg :carrot:

Larry,

Mojojuju
08-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Hey ladies! About to morning run, it's harder to check in with work! Mwah, talk to you all later!

themilesawaygirl
08-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm just not good at posting often enough. I read and read and read throughout the day then run out of time to post!

Totally don't have time for personals I'm afraid - hugely behind at work as ever, one day I'd love to be caught up. Fingers crossed.

I love both savoury / sweet breakfasts. I really enyoy a couple of pieces of wholemeal toast and a piece of fruit. I would eat eggs every day if I could though. When I've made it out of the bed in time for the gym in the morning, I come to work and have a poached egg on a small slice of toast and a banana - really sets me up for the rest of the day. I guess that's no good if you're avoiding carbs, wheat and fruit sugars though.

I'm frustrated today as I was losing steadily last week and actually saw 138 on the scale, but today I'm back up to 143. It's probably because I had potatoes with dinner yesterday and didn't go to the gym. What a failure.

Another thing that's stopped me working out properly - I drank far too much on Friday night, decided to go out for a jog at 3am and fell on my face, splitting my chin open and bashing my jaw out of line. I've grazed my knee and hands too so bending, lifting and anything that gets the blood pumping's not been a good idea. I'm going to try some low impact cardio and some kind of strength work tonight though (that doesn't involve too much bending and gripping)

Here's hoping I can be a little less useless this week - one day at a time.

zoodoo613
08-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Still doing good. I love this motivated feeling and I just wish there were a magic button to push to make it last forever.

Calories came in lowish. I had all this produce that I really needed to use, so I made a veggie feast for dinnter. Roasted herbed potatoes, glazed carrots, broccoli with sauteed garlic, green bean salad with almonds and cranberries. I also roasted beets, but they weren't done in time for dinner.

I've been getting some exercise everyday, but it's been pretty low intensity. My son, for the last 2 nights, has decided to join me, probably because he's not allowed computer or video games this week. I definitely want to encourange him to get out and take walks (although he's usually very active, so I don't worry much) but he's a kid and doesn't have much of a sense of hurry. Oh well. We did just under 2 miles last night, and a mile and half the night before. Better than nothing.

I have a dilemna tonight. He has art class, and I've been making it a habit to walk during that time. BUT my high school boyfriend's sister recently contacted me on FB and has moved to the town where the art class is. I somehow suggested this time slot to get together, although we didn't set anything up. I can't decide if I should call and see her tonight, or go on the walk as usual. I already wasted my morning exercise opportunity by playing too much Words with Friends.

Diana3271
08-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

I am up on the scale this morning. I was in my calorie range and on plan. I'm thinking it's because I had some soup last night at dinner. Soup is :devil: for me. ;)

Remember a couple months ago I had problems getting a full nights sleep because of the new people across the street? I think he was working odd hours and would start his truck in the middle of the night. Anyways, last week I started wearing ear plugs at night and slept really well. Last night I didn't wear the ear plugs and I didn't sleep well at all. In fact I heard a truck start up in the middle of the night. I think the man across the street is back to working odd hours. I will be wearing ear plugs again tonight! :mad:

Weigh In: 144.2
Up: .6 (daily fluctuation? soup?)

Berry Thank you. I'm glad you were able to make it to the BodyPump class! :carrot:

berryblondeboys
08-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Up .2 on the scale this morning. Not bad with the high sodium dinner. Mowing is on the agenda for today. It's supposed to be a gorgeous day, so it shouldn't be that much of a horrible task (then why am I not looking forward to it?)

Off to make breakfast - having my usually lunch first and will try a smoothie at lunch to see if the dairy thing is a time of day thing. I just started making our own yogurt (half the price), so it would really stink if I find it always gives me troubles.

shellsbrood
08-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Aw, thanks, y'all! You sure know how to make a gal feel good. ;) I tend to carry a lot of my weight in my legs, esp my thighs. I wish I could pick my next 10lbs from there! :mad:

Diana--I'm sorry you had a rough night. Ear plugs sound like a good idea!

Zoodoo--If you ever do find that magic button, please let me know!

Themilesaway--I feel bad for the same reasons, but I think everyone on here is pretty supportive and know we get busy.

Moj--Enjoy your run!

Larry--I still can't believe you're at 215. You've done SUCH an amazing job! :carrot:

Berry--After exercising, being a limp noodle is a good thing. ;)

Shish--Good for you giving blood! I'd count the calories, but I'd also give myself a higher calorie day that day. Your body needs to work to replenish your supply.

Mamakat--Congrats on the 18s! :carrot:

Sum--Awww, the charm bracelet sounds so sweet!

Itsmyturn--Welcome!! :D

Vixsin--Thanks! You're right, it's very hard to wrap my head around it. I hear people say it, I can even sometimes see it in pictures, but when standing in front of the mirror...? Forget about it! :lol:

jomatho--You're too sweet! Thanks. :^:

I'm -2lbs and back down to my low this morning. I must have had too much sodium the previous days. I have a lot to do as I'm getting ready for my daughter's 5 year birthday party this evening. She's so excited!!

zogo
08-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Oh Milesawaygirl, Don't you know drinking and driving (errr running) can be dangerous. Especially at 3 AM. I love your dedication and enthusiasm though!!! Hopefully you didn't feel all the pain when it happened! Sounds like you got pretty banged up. Hope you are feeling better every day.

We are hoping to take the kids to boat on a little lake up north (wisconsin). Watching the weather and the clock...need to get my workout in, I'm on day 65 of my P90X. I can't screw up now.....must get off the computer and MOVE.

jomatho
08-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Good morning!

Met my exercise goals yesterday, walked with my friend for an hour and then ran 2 miles on the treadmill. Then, I added a few minutes of rebounding on my mini trampoline. Today I am sore, I'm sure it is from the rebounding because that is the only new thing.

I ate what I planned yesterday, and have today's menu planned out also, chicken fajitas with onions and green peppers from the garden, YUM!

Just getting ready for my walk this morning and I was going to run again today, but I will see if I still feel sore after my muscles are warmed up. I have a busy day ahead, so even with just a walk, my activity level should be pretty high.

I used to love fall, but I am starting to hate it. Way too much going on, to keep track of and to complete. Just looking at what I have to get done so oldest DS can go to sophomore orientation tomorrow and I know that is just the tip of the iceberg. Also, can I just say, raising teenagers is rough stuff? I pray we all make it through the next 5 years in good health and good standing. Okay, done with my rant.

Watching that storm on tv and thinking of you guys that live in or around its path! I hope it fizzles or turns away from you all!

May or may not be back today, so if I am not, have a great day everyone!

DZackery
08-23-2011, 09:18 AM
I got 3 miles in last night (another dark night run). I took Tricksie with me as she has taken and passed the "Danielle is in danger" exam in the past years. Got 2/3 kids to school. The third starts tomorrow.

Not much going on except everyone is getting ready for the potential Irene. I see the forcast but I'm not sure I believe it. Plus the weather guy is like "Well it could do this, or it could do this, or it could even do this." It's like really? You went to college for that? :)

Hubby got a "new" 70 Mustang so we spent a little bit last night watching him burn the rubber off his tires after he got it running right. It was nice to see him happy about something.

Ok, I'm off to get laundry done before my internship orientation this afternoon. I'll be in and out. :)

Happy Day!

zoodoo613
08-23-2011, 09:23 AM
What are they trying to do to me?

First thing this morning in the work kitchen there was a pie with a can of whipped cream next to it. No problem, I've sworn off sugar for these 2 weeks. Next time I went past there was the pie, plus a box of doughnuts. Still no problem. Now there's bagels. Why do they have to keep upping the ante? Going to try to resist.

Diana3271
08-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Aw, thanks, y'all! You sure know how to make a gal feel good. ;) I tend to carry a lot of my weight in my legs, esp my thighs. I wish I could pick my next 10lbs from there! :mad:

Shells I have always carried my extra weight in my hips/thighs. I think the last 10 came off of that area and really put me in the correct proportions. (Did I say that right? :lol:) I am glad that I went for that last 10 rather than living with it. I'm not sure how I will feel later, but this is how I feel now. It might work for you, too.

mamakat
08-23-2011, 10:01 AM
DZ this made me laugh so hard. I don't know why, but it did. I love that...you went to college for that?
Not much going on except everyone is getting ready for the potential Irene. I see the forcast but I'm not sure I believe it. Plus the weather guy is like "Well it could do this, or it could do this, or it could even do this." It's like really? You went to college for that?

zoodoo you can do this! If you don't need to go to that room just steer clear of it...course the yummies sounded like they were multiplying so they might come to you! Good luck!

berry how's the freedom going?

milesaway I've heard no pain no gain before, but OW. I hope you heal soon. :hug:

Diana :wave: good morning

mojojuju busy is good. I'm so glad you are still staying motivated with the running even after (or in your case before) working. It's a new adjustment and sometimes those are hard, but you are doing great.

shish thanks again for giving blood. To some people it's just giving blood but to others it's life saving. :)

I know I'm missing people and I'm sorry for that so HELLO to everyone :D I hope you all have a great day!

Vixsin
08-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm up .2 today to 184.0 Maybe all the water is working? I can only imagine what the gain would've been. I'm gonna stick with it!

BIG NSV today for me!!!! I fit into a pair of pants I bought at the beginning of the summer! They are a size LARGE!!! :eek: I have been hemming and hawing about trying on these pants to possibly wear to my friends wedding and I've tried them on 4 times and they feel tight each time but I try to remember that these pants stretch a little as you wear them. So I bit the bullet today and wore them. I am SO wearing these to the wedding.

I am on plan and fighting TOM with water!!!

K9Owner
08-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Miles: I had to chuckle while reading this post, as it reminds me exactly of myself most days! :hug: You’ll get there, keep your chin up……uhm, literally :D Feel better soon!!

DZ: I ask all the time how our weather people here get paid. I really need their job!!!

MamaKat: :wave: hey gf! How you been??

Well, I have to limit the personal agenda here this a.m. as I am already behind for the morning. I’m telling you, when I work 2 days back to back, my real life gets in shambles at my house and it drives me bananas! DH acts like he has to have everything asked of him in order for him to “see” anything and get up and do it. So, today, I am overflowed with chores. TOM has been here all wknd :woohoo: bringing along 3-4 lbs of water to fill my abdomen with even more JOY! Just call me Yo-Yo, kinda reminds me of a rapster’s girlfriend :rofl:

mamakat
08-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Krystal to answer your question, I think I'm doing pretty good. Sunday my calves were rocks, but I mowed the lawn anyway. It hurt, but I think it helped them. As they are back to "their" norm. Now my forearms are acting up, but I think that's weather change. Other than that all is good, I am in positive mode and I'm no longer the dreaded 243 :D

So I got to thinking about my muscles this week :lol: as if they would ever let me forget them. I really want guns. I know it's gonna take a long time, but I want to at least work towards that goal. BUT here's my dilemma: if the ones that aren't damaged/dead grow/bulk up will they a) pull on the bad ones and kill me OR b) get more painful during my episodes? Second dilemma: the only way to find out is to ask the doctors. I hate getting yelled at and I hate being told no and I know that's what will happen if I ask about this. They don't know I'm working out...I'm not supposed to be, but I have more good days then bad days now and I'm not using a cane, haven't for nearly two months!

I seriously wish I knew what to do. Also I was wondering if I should start drinking protein shakes so that the muscles will grow faster? I'm wondering if I'm setting myself up for some major pain or more relief. Ugh, I just don't know. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go see a doctor.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great and healthy day

berryblondeboys
08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Krystal to answer your question, I think I'm doing pretty good. Sunday my calves were rocks, but I mowed the lawn anyway. It hurt, but I think it helped them. As they are back to "their" norm. Now my forearms are acting up, but I think that's weather change. Other than that all is good, I am in positive mode and I'm no longer the dreaded 243 :D

So I got to thinking about my muscles this week :lol: as if they would ever let me forget them. I really want guns. I know it's gonna take a long time, but I want to at least work towards that goal. BUT here's my dilemma: if the ones that aren't damaged/dead grow/bulk up will they a) pull on the bad ones and kill me OR b) get more painful during my episodes? Second dilemma: the only way to find out is to ask the doctors. I hate getting yelled at and I hate being told no and I know that's what will happen if I ask about this. They don't know I'm working out...I'm not supposed to be, but I have more good days then bad days now and I'm not using a cane, haven't for nearly two months!

I seriously wish I knew what to do. Also I was wondering if I should start drinking protein shakes so that the muscles will grow faster? I'm wondering if I'm setting myself up for some major pain or more relief. Ugh, I just don't know. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go see a doctor.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great and healthy day

Doctors don't know everything and sometimes they are wrong. I would simply tell them. I know I've been doing this against recommendations, but I've been working out since X time and in that time, I've dropped X weight and have been able to stop using the cane, have felt stronger, etc, etc., etc., SHOW them that you are doing better with exercise in your life and they SHOULD believe you. Then from there tell them you want to get stronger and healthier and to keep exercising and ask them for recommendations on how to do it. If they won't help... Find different doctors, because obviously they aren't listening to what you are telling them.

And you asked about my freedom? Well, it's 10:30 am and I'm still in my pajamas. I usually get dressed to go down for breakfast as I feel wrong being in my pajamas braless in front of my MIL as she always gets dressed for breakfast. Way to rebel, huh? I'm braless and in jammies! :p

Sum38
08-23-2011, 10:42 AM
OMG...you made me blush!! Thank you soooo much for your kind words :) made my morning!!!

Krystal I am holding my weight between 152-155...what happened with me; I went off sugar, totally, and I have no bloat. -- My collar bones are showing, my tummy lost mega inches... same weight and I look like a different person.

That being said; I looked at your picture sitting on beach; you definitely think you are bigger how you look!!

DZackery
08-23-2011, 11:14 AM
MamaKat- First I just have to tell you that the grandmother my kids adore is mamakat (not that your old, it's just a fact), I am glad that I could make you laugh. It's a much better feeling than to make people say "grr"...NEXT...if there is one thing I wont put up with and neither should you is doctors yelling at me about MY body/health. I have had alot of doctors poo poo me about alternative medicine and my using it on my children vs their western medicine recommendations and everytime I will put them in their place. SO...you tell them how your activity is making you feel whether it be better, worse or other wise. The other thing is that there are ways of toning muscles without bulking them up. :) For instance, In the horse world (I come from a race barn), if we want to get a horse fit and toned (slow twitch muscle-used for endurance) we jog them instead instead of galloping them. :)I will try to find some ideas that will tone your slow twitch instead of bulking your fast twitch. :)

Berry- How do you make yogurt? I've been told it can boost your metabolism when eaten in the morning.

Vixsin- Congrats! I love when I can get into a smaller size.

K9- I'm totally feeling your pain. 5 people's laundry is all I can say.

K9Owner
08-23-2011, 01:10 PM
As promised from last week's thread, here is the latest sunset from Harbor Town where I run. I love running at this location. There are so many people roller blading, running, walking their k9s, playing frisbee, or doing some type of physical exercise. I can't wait to go tonight!! ;)

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Wow, missed a lot in a day. I will try to hit everyone, and if I forget you...so sorry :( But HI anyway!!!! :D

berryblondeboys - I have been totally taken off of dairy due to medical issues and I can't stand it! Never big on milk, but yogurt and cheese were my loves. I sure hope that's not the case for you! Especially since you are so creative to make your own yogurt!!!!

shellsbrood - If you figure out a way to pick and choose where the weight comes off, let me know... my stomach would be very thankful :lol: It always seems like we have lumps in areas we didn't notice as much as weight went on as we take it off, lol

zogo - Way to go on the P90X!!!! I have had friends do that and they say it's a total killer... worth it, but takes you to your limits :) That's awesome!

jomatho - Way to be on your goals! Sticking to them and keeping them in focus! Sweet! You aren't kidding about raising teens! I have 3 kids... 17, 15, and 12... and to add to the difficulty level..the oldest 2 are special needs. Oy! Attitude WITH medical issues?!? Where did I sign up for this? LOL!!!

DZachery - Way to go on your run! I sure do hope the storm doesn't turn into too much for you.

Zoodoo - Resist, you can do it! It sounds like an office conspiracy, LOL... the food is multiplying. Stay strong!

mamakat - Hello to you too! :D I guess I don't know why the pain and episodes? What is the medical issue you have going on? Sorry for the questions, but would love to offer in some tidbit for you and don't dare without knowing what is the reason you are supposed to be held back

On my end... did my workout on my gym last night and felt sooo good after! Have been dealing with a bunch on my plate lately, so using my workouts to release that steam has been soooo great! Strength training last night for 55 mins :) YAY!

Mojojuju
08-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Diana, I love that story! Congratulations, I can't wait till jeans look great on me again! I have not worn a pair of levis since high school. Lame Bryant all the way for me. (Actually, I deride them, but their clothes are pretty cute. Just super expensive. :( )

Add that to my list of dreams and goals: Looking hot in a pair of Levis!
Woohoo! Congrats, Diana. :)

Berry: Fantastico on the workout! I love that wet-noodle feeling. It's so satisfying!

Mojojuju
08-23-2011, 01:52 PM
What are they trying to do to me?

First thing this morning in the work kitchen there was a pie with a can of whipped cream next to it. No problem, I've sworn off sugar for these 2 weeks. Next time I went past there was the pie, plus a box of doughnuts. Still no problem. Now there's bagels. Why do they have to keep upping the ante? Going to try to resist.

Be strooong ZooDoo! Those days are the worst, cause you can just sneak a little back to your desk and nom in peace. You know it isn't worth it. :hug:

shishkeberry
08-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Zoodoo, the bagels would have gotten me. I'm a sucker for bagels.

berryblondeboys
08-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Blamed the shaking shelves in the international market on my son's running in jumping (the floor of this store is a mish-mash of old linoleum - thought some boards/pieces might be loose and with his jumping it was rattling).

Now, my first thought was "we're having an earthquake" but my rational brain saw the jumping kid, so went to reason #2. Less than 5 minutes later and the radio interrupts to say that an earthquake was felt in Manhattan - had to be the same thing - earthquake. We are between Baltimore and Washington DC.

My husband works in the headquarters of Social Security. The entire compound has been sent home - 80000 employees leaving all at once. I'm sure Capitol area in DC is teh same - traffic nightmare. OK... Husband is home! Off to hear his adventures.

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 03:11 PM
berryblondeboys - I am so glad you all are ok! I have been at work this whole time so have heard nothing about this. I hope and pray there is not too much distruction/injury caused by this.

still
08-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey everyone! Long time no see! I've been away from the forums TOO LONG and boy, does it show! Right in the belly, as a matter of fact!

I've got to get back on track. I've been gaining weight again. Health-wise, I know I've got issues to be sorted. My TSH is super high, and my docs are working on getting me on more meds, but its also been my lifestyle adding on the pounds. I haven't tracked my food in several weeks, and I've been a bit indulgent in the sweets area. I also haven't been exercising the way I should be, due to sheer exhaustion.

So. Lets refocus.

My goals:

1. Gym. Tonight. Let's rumble.
2. I want to hit the gym at least twice more this week.
3. Get back on track tracking calories! Starting today. I know it will be abysmal (you should have seen my bowl of cereal this AM, :o ) but its gotta be done and I am going to start now.
4. Check in with you guys at least every other day!

I've missed you guys! I need some willpower! Help!

berryblondeboys
08-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Visual inspectin of home and we find things falling off the shelves on the first floor and second floor. It was a pretty strong earthquake.

zoodoo613
08-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Visual inspectin of home and we find things falling off the shelves on the first floor and second floor. It was a pretty strong earthquake.

Hope nothing was broken. I didn't feel this one, but my husband did. He wondered what the kids were doing. I guess we're used to blaming them, huh? Of course, we felt a Canadian earthquake here last year and when I asked my son if he'd felt it, he'd blamed me!

shishkeberry
08-23-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm in south central Pa and we felt it, too. It didn't knock anything over in my house. I didn't even know what it was until someone mentioned it on facebook.

Diana3271
08-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Berry, shishkeberry, zoodoo613 I'm glad everything is OK with you.

Scary stuff going on, but it sounds like everyone is safe from the earthquake today. Please check-in and post when you get a chance.

zoodoo613
08-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Wow, am I hungry today. I've had several lower calorie (1100-1300) days in a row, and I think it catches up to me. I'm at about 850 now, so there's still room for a decent dinner.

I managed to avoid all the kitchen pitfalls! Yay me! (So hope I don't jinx myself. Days not over.)

mamakat
08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
ItsMyTurn in short I have Muscular Dystrophy (mild) that's killed a couple of muscles on my right side and causes "episodes of moderate to severe pain" from time to time. I also have overextended ligaments. The rubber in them don't bounce back this causes displaced joints (mostly on my right side :/). I had to relearn how to stand and walk because of it (I feel better when I over extend them but it taxes the already taxed muscles which cause severe pain).

I was told I should lose weight but that exercise would be a no no as I might dislocate a joint (and it happens in the hip), but how does one lose weight with just dieting. I can't. I have Hoshimoto's Disease too so it's super hard for me to lose any kind of weight without being super strict on myself. It's actually easier now as I was diagnosed with Celiac's too. :( I have way too much going on :p AND of course add Bipolar to the mix and well, I'm a mess :lol:

My heart is in it, my body follows, but not all days are good. I bike because I can keep bent plus I couldn't walk very well until two months ago (was on a cane). Walking nearly always knocked the hip out. BUT since exercising I've been hiking! I do weights, but I keep a check on keeping everything bent. What stinks is I can't stretch because that causes the most damage. My muscles love the nice stretch, but my ligaments do not and I usually end up laid up for days.

So there you have it. :) Me in a NUT shell. No matter what I'm determined to lose this weight. I love hiking. I want to do more of it. :D

ETA zoodoo good job on fighting against the yum :)

Diana3271
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
For some reason I am having a crazy craving today . . . I am wanting curry cabbage. We used to go to a Chinese restaurant that had curry cabbage on their buffet. I might make a curry cabbage with chicken breast this weekend.

mamakat
08-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Diana OK don't say curry, but what's in curry? Is it just spices? Or is it soup type stuff. I read somewhere that some one was enjoying their curry, not curry spiced anything just curry. I thought it was a spice...LOL can you tell I don't cook? Is it hot?

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 06:02 PM
mamakat - I don't think you are a mess...honestly the ones that have nothing wrong at all starting this and have to adjust later are the ones that feel a mess...those of us that start out knowing we have obstacles, generally stay pretty sane during it all :) Maybe suggest to the doctor (can't avoid that one) an anti-inflammatory to take before working out (for ligament protection) and some bracing to help keep things where they belong? If you go without a bunch of weight and are conscious to keep the joints bent and not lock them, I don't see how that can do much damage. When in a flair with the MD I wouldn't push though, but it sounds like you have gotten accustomed to that part anyway :) These challenges CAN be overcome in moderation, and if you told your dr that you were well aware not to push too hard, just want to insure you are going about it the safest way possible, I am betting the doc would be on board...if not... change the dr (assuming it's a PCP). Mine knows fighting against me won't work, so she works with me to insure my safety and try to prevent destruction to my joints (only condition is I tell my specialists the new additions to my actions, lol). Maybe that will help?

DZackery
08-23-2011, 06:52 PM
On my way out to run. Poor lil Zack is not used to going to school...he's exhausted.....AND GROUCHY.

berryblondeboys
08-23-2011, 07:07 PM
ItsMyTurn in short I have Muscular Dystrophy (mild) that's killed a couple of muscles on my right side and causes "episodes of moderate to severe pain" from time to time. I also have overextended ligaments. The rubber in them don't bounce back this causes displaced joints (mostly on my right side :/). I had to relearn how to stand and walk because of it (I feel better when I over extend them but it taxes the already taxed muscles which cause severe pain).

I was told I should lose weight but that exercise would be a no no as I might dislocate a joint (and it happens in the hip), but how does one lose weight with just dieting. I can't. I have Hoshimoto's Disease too so it's super hard for me to lose any kind of weight without being super strict on myself. It's actually easier now as I was diagnosed with Celiac's too. :( I have way too much going on :p AND of course add Bipolar to the mix and well, I'm a mess :lol:

My heart is in it, my body follows, but not all days are good. I bike because I can keep bent plus I couldn't walk very well until two months ago (was on a cane). Walking nearly always knocked the hip out. BUT since exercising I've been hiking! I do weights, but I keep a check on keeping everything bent. What stinks is I can't stretch because that causes the most damage. My muscles love the nice stretch, but my ligaments do not and I usually end up laid up for days.

So there you have it. :) Me in a NUT shell. No matter what I'm determined to lose this weight. I love hiking. I want to do more of it. :D

ETA zoodoo good job on fighting against the yum :)

Well, this explains a lot. I would try to tell the doctors what you just told us - what you do to try to be active without damaging things. This determination can ONLY be good for you. You could be feeling self-pity, woe is me stuff instead of living. Living is far preferred.

Diana3271
08-23-2011, 07:17 PM
mamakat Curry is a mixture of spices. Here's a link: http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Herbs-and-Spices/Spices-A-to-Z/Curry-Powder.aspx I think curry zucchini would be good, too. :rofl: Someone brought it to my attention that the cravings could have something to do with all this talk about hurricanes/earthquakes. I think it does! I have felt very snacky/munchy all day. I am also feeling anxious. I think that's why I was craving the curry. Crazy stuff!

mamakat
08-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Diana I get snacky when anxious too. I hope Irene just skims without any harm, I really do. I don't watch TV b/c of things like these. DH usually keeps me informed of what I need to know. He called and asked if I felt the earthquake, I said I was probably on the bike or in the car so no. :lol: does curry take the snacky feeling away?

Berry don't get me wrong, I have a lot of "poor me" days (just a part of Bipolar and PTSD). BUT that's why I love exercising and LITHIUM :p They have helped me stay positive even when the scale hasn't moved. And nothing beats being able to retire a cane. It hard some days to stay positive but negative doesn't really help anything, right? So I try to focus on the good. Like walking and I have a great heart (both figuratively and physically) :)

DZ poor Zack, I hope the evening gets better for him. Is he in Kindergarten?

Diana3271
08-23-2011, 07:31 PM
We left work a little early today. Our business has really slowed down this week. I contribute it to people being focused on preparing for the possible threat of Hurricane Irene. It looks like we are going to be spared, though. I'm grateful for that.

I have my allergist appointment tomorrow morning. I am hoping I can figure out what I am allergic to. My appointment is first thing in the morning. The Dr's office is a little distance and I will be driving during rush hour. :( I will have to wake up a couple hours earlier than normal. :( That means I will be getting into bed early tonight (with my ear plugs :lol:).

Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Very small piece of bread 100 calories
Grilled Pork Chop 400 calories
2 Orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise
TF Fire 60

Diana3271
08-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Diana does curry take the snacky feeling away?

Mamkat I haven't had curry in probably a year. The craving just hit me today out of the blue. I have never craved curry before. :lol: I have ordered it, but never sat there and said "OMG! I am craving curry!" Well, I just thought about that comment . . . I have made curry chicken salad within this last year. I was wanting it. :dunno: I think it's that I am anxious. If I still have the craving this weekend, I might make some. At least I'm not craving something high calorie, right? It could always be worse. :lol:

DZackery
08-23-2011, 08:02 PM
MamaKat- Actually he's my youngest...3 this thursday *hey that means i'll be 26 on friday...almost forgot*...anywho, he was at a different daycare last school year WITH his 4 year old brother *now 5*...now he's at a new daycare WITHOUT his brother and they stay super busy all day. So by the time he comes home he's a lil overstimulated and needs a good nights sleep...so he's like totally sensitive and cranky. Welcome back to the school year. LOL

Sum38
08-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I want curry chicken now :hungry::drool::drool::drool:

We lived in London for a few years and they have THE BEST curry. I do make it, and it usually turns about pretty good...maybe I will make some this week :)

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 08:20 PM
I am odd man out... I have never had curry spice to the best of my knowledge. I think it's funny how a mention of it can get others wanting it... contagious cravings? LOL!

Sum38
08-23-2011, 08:36 PM
interesting fact... Curry is an indian spice and they have the lowest alzheimer rates in the world. Scientists think it may be the curry.

ItsMyTurn
08-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Sum - it wouldn't surprise me. There are a lot of natural supplements/foods/nutrients of all types that help prevent other things... just wish we knew them all

Sum38
08-23-2011, 08:53 PM
I sprinkle a little curry on my salads...and egg salad is yummy with curry.

shishkeberry
08-23-2011, 08:53 PM
I've never had curry either. I always thought it was spicy and I can't abide spicy things. I don't even like medium salsa.

berryblondeboys
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Other cuisines use curry too - Thai comes to mind.

I was at the international market today getting stuff to make Indian food. I needed a few spices I was out of and some paneer. Now that my MIL is gone, we are going to have tons and tons and tons of Indian food. I make a big variety and reheat for several days. LOVE IT and it's so healthy too!

berryblondeboys
08-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I've never had curry either. I always thought it was spicy and I can't abide spicy things. I don't even like medium salsa.

Curry is spicy - how spicy depends on how much you use, but yes, hot spice.

Sum38
08-23-2011, 09:12 PM
You can buy "mild" curry.

Vixsin
08-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Managed to get a great workout in today. 52 mins on the treadmill for a little over a 5K of jogging and incline walking. It. Felt. AMAZING! I also got some stretching in tonight too. Not enough, my muscles are tightening up already. Gonna be sore tomorrow. :)

How's the water going, you ask? I don't know what is going on there either. I have drank SO MUCH today. Granted, I sweated a serious amount of it out tonight too but WOW! LOL

I was on plan AND exercised. Bring it, TOM!!!! :sumo: LOL He's not even here yet and I've already got my boxing gloves on! LOL

Until manana all!

K9Owner
08-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Curry :barf: you all can have ALL of that. Just the smell makes me gag and the taste :barf: I’ll pass. More for you!!

Ok so, I’m telling you all, I wish all of my days were like today! Completely OP!!

Tuesday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Polaner AllFruit, FF Cheese Omelet, Peach 261
PB Oats, 1/4c Cashews 425
½ Powerbar 180
Total: 866
(dinner is pending)

Water: 120+ oz
:running: 610 How about I finally charged my Garmin and tabulated the actual mileage, and when I do the Harbor Town Bay Bridge (which is 2x/week), it’s 5.43 miles!! :carrot:
This is a photo of it!

So, I hopped on the scale tonite when I got home b/c I've been urinating my bladder out literally, and I lost 1.4 lbs today--just in water!! :woohoo: A friend of mine on MFP suggested cranberry water for water weight, so I bought some cranberry tea to make. This is right up my alley!! She said it takes 1 cup (about 130 cals) of the unsweetened organic brand then add some water to it but 130 cals for me is almost 1/2 of a Powerbar. I like my food to much to drink it like that!

Diana3271
08-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I am up early so I can get to my allergist appointment today. I also have an Endo appointment to go over my thyroid labs from last week. I will post later today about everything.

Sorry about the curry cravings, now. :rofl:

Weigh In: 143.6
Down: .6 (same as the day before the soup!)

Berry Post about what you will be cooking. I would like to hear about it.

K9 Congrats on the completely OP day! I hope today is another good one for you!

still
08-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Good morning everyone! Weigh in at 173 this AM.

Well, I met my goals for yesterday. I tracked everything and I hit the gym. I'm planning on going back to the gym tonight.

Yay for making it through Day 1 of being back on track!

Thinking of you all affected by the earthquakes.

K9Owner
08-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Diana: I am praying you find out once & for all the culprit source to your woes today (with the Endo as well). :hug:

Nikki: So glad to see that smile of yours back :) have a great OP day gf!

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Diana - Good luck at the allergist and dr office

Nikki - Great job staying on plan! One day on is one day success!

As for me, got on the scale to find 2 Lbs gone this week :)

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Diana3271 Good luck today with both appointments!

Nikki Nice to see you back and I sure hope they get those numbers regulated for you really soon. Fighting an uphill battle is no fun!

As for me, pizza one night followed by soy sauce infused stir fry last night has added 2 lbs of sodium weight. I did eat about 300 more calories yesterday than usually (was way hungry), but not 7000! LOL

My plan for today is to go to step class, finish mowing (about an hours worth) and in the evening do bodypump and make dinner in there somewhere.

Plan was to start with Indian food tonight, but probably not a good idea as our schedules are all wacko tonight.

DZackery
08-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Good Morning! ALL 3 KIDS ARE AT SCHOOL! What do I want to do today?

Anyway I weighed at 164.4 this morning which I am a bit happier about then the 167 (yeah I know) that I had JUMPED to over night last weekend. This means I am .8 off my low and then I can start this journey again in the right direction. Good lord! No more pizza for me.

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 08:44 AM
DZachery - Great job on seeing the scale moving in the right direction!!! I am so happy for you!

DZackery
08-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks I'm still a little disappointed that I lost almost a weeks worth of loss to a bowl of spaghetti and a slice of pizza. Jeeze.

So I calculated my breakfast and I am surprise how low the calorie count is. I am stuffed and it was only like 300 cal.

I had:

3 hardboiled egg whites
a pluot (plum/apricot)
1 4 oz cup of vanilla activia yogurt

jomatho
08-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Morning everyone!

Berry, I am having a sodium issue this morning too, but from fajitas last night. Up 2 pounds. Oh well, I know it's only water because I have been right on plan and they the fajita was worth it! You mentioned soy sauce, and I was wondering if you ever tried the amino whatchacallit that is supposed to taste like soy? I think you bought some back when we were talking about it? I would also be interested in what you are going to make while MIL is gone! I haven't made much Indian fare and wouldn't mind trying it.
Diana3271, mmmm, all this talk about curry, I haven't made that in a while. It is my DH favorite, he always orders curry chicken when we get chinese.

When I make it, I find if I use curry powder, I can't get it spicy enough for him (he likes medium spice). I have to use curry paste in order to get it spicy enough. Do you guys like yellow or green curry?

Mamakat, what an inspiration you are! I love that you just keep going even when others think you can't or shouldn't. I also appreciate your thread of humor that runs through your posts. And the good news is, this should be the last hurricane that is named after you, unless your last name is a common name too?

Sum, do you think it is actually the curry powder or the tumeric that is often in curry that lowers alzheimers rates? I am hearing a lot of great things about tumeric lately. Curry on salad, never thought of it, but I bet DH would love it!

ItsMyTurn, Wow, you have your hands full don't you? And you are rocking this weight loss too, by the way!!!

DZachary, glad you are almost back to your low. The little splurges always seem so worth it when you have them and then not so much for the next several days. Been there, done that many times. Wow, kids back in school already! We have two weeks yet. We are not ready yet. Still some shopping to do and organizing to do. Enjoy your day to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for me, as I said above, I am up 2# on the scale, darn yummy fajitas. Kind of frustrating because I could have just stayed in my temporary maintenance and fluctuated like this. I expected a loss this week because I have really cut back on calories and upped the workouts. Maybe it is just the time of month :shrug: Oh well, just have to keep plugging away. Did my hour walk this morning and I may try to get a few miles running in before I have to get ready for the day. Maybe I can sweat out some of this extra water :lol:

Have a good day all!

mamakat
08-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Jo my last name is so famous there's a whole store (clothing) with it :lol: I went in one day a few years back b/c I spilled on my shirt and still wanted to walk around the mall. I told the guy I get an added 10% as I am part of the company, showed him my license. Cracks me up, he had no idea what to do, theres no key for that kind of thing...aren't I mean? I of course am not affiliated with that company, but I sure would love to be. DH goes around telling people "lot of young ladies are walking around with my name on there behinds these days." Got to love famous names....so better than my Americanized Polish maiden name :lol:

mamakat
08-24-2011, 10:22 AM
To all who get stuck on plateaus for a month or more, don't give up! This week my scale has been so nice to me. I think I can rest easily now as I don't believe I'll ever see 243 again. Gosh, what a stinking relief :D

I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I'm gonna take the day off from exercise because I am going shoe shopping for my DD. Last time it took us the entire day and like 8 stores. I was on my cane last time and in a lot of pain....Ha, I'm prepared for her today. She will not take me down! She can't we have maybe our last hike before school starts tomorrow and I'm not missing it. So shoe stores look out here we come!

Have a wonderful and healthy day everyone!

zoodoo613
08-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Jo my last name is so famous there's a whole store (clothing) with it :lol: I went in one day a few years back b/c I spilled on my shirt and still wanted to walk around the mall. I told the guy I get an added 10% as I am part of the company, showed him my license. Cracks me up, he had no idea what to do, theres no key for that kind of thing...aren't I mean? I of course am not affiliated with that company, but I sure would love to be. DH goes around telling people "lot of young ladies are walking around with my name on there behinds these days." Got to love famous names....so better than my Americanized Polish maiden name :lol:

Now you've got me running store names through my brain!

jomatho
08-24-2011, 10:24 AM

Hmmm, I think I know what your last name is, but I don't think that would be a good hurricane name, although it does have a nice ring to it doesn't it?
I had a polish maiden name too and now have a very ordinary last name, I like it.

mamakat
08-24-2011, 10:29 AM
zoodoo, I'll give you a hint, it's a hyphenated name and it's NOT a women' store. I also discovered when I moved up here East coast that theres another family with the same name, million/billionaires that make cars? I used to get asked all the time if I was from that family. Funny thing is my IL's are originally from the East coast they just moved to AZ for the great sunny weather...I wish they were owner/maker of cars or a clothing company. They were rich at one time, but they were the type to spend not make and if you don't make you eventually have to get a job...LOL DH was a trustfund college student. Must be nice :p

zoodoo613
08-24-2011, 10:57 AM
zoodoo, I'll give you a hint, it's a hyphenated name and it's NOT a women' store. I also discovered when I moved up here East coast that theres another family with the same name, million/billionaires that make cars? I used to get asked all the time if I was from that family. Funny thing is my IL's are originally from the East coast they just moved to AZ for the great sunny weather...I wish they were owner/maker of cars or a clothing company. They were rich at one time, but they were the type to spend not make and if you don't make you eventually have to get a job...LOL DH was a trustfund college student. Must be nice :p

I'll figure it out, I'm sure, but right now I'm going through things like Gap, Old Navy, American Eagle, putting your fist name in front of them. Try it, it's fun!

mamakat
08-24-2011, 10:59 AM
zoodoo :lol: no it's an actual name. :lol: that's too funny.

K9Owner
08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Anyway I weighed at 164.4 this morning which I am a bit happier about then the 167 (yeah I know) that I had JUMPED to over night last weekend. This means I am .8 off my low and then I can start this journey again in the right direction. Good lord! No more pizza for me.

Ok, I seriously don't know what it is about :jeno: that many of us cannot enjoy this food without gaining with it. You are by NO means alone when it comes to eating pizza and gaining. There are many of us who cannot eat even one slice without gaining 1-4 lbs afterwards!
? Sodium
? Sugar
? Carbs
:dunno:

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Step class done! Phew! Just mowing and weights class to do for working out yet today and to make bread and yogurt for food as well as something for dinner.

My younger son is driving me BONKERS. I'm sooooooo ready for him to go back to school. He doesn't want to do anything but play at home. BORING!!!

And I'm trying to think of some names of stores:

Abercrombie & Fitch (not hyphenated)
VonMaur (not hyphenated)
Charlotte Russe (first and last name)
Ann Taylor (first and last name)
Michael Kors (first and last name)
Ed Hardy (first and last name)
Eddie Bauer (first and last name)
Hanna Andersson (first and last name)
Hagen-Daz is hyphenated, but not a clothing store
J. Jill (first and last)
Janie and Jack (first names and a kid's store)
Jessica McClintock (first and last names)
LaCoste (not hyphenated)
Lord and Taylor (not hyphenated)
Vera Bradley (first and last name)
Williams-Sonoma is hyphenated, but not a clothing store

And so on... no clue!

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Ok, I seriously don't know what it is about :jeno: that many of us cannot enjoy this food without gaining with it. You are by NO means alone when it comes to eating pizza and gaining. There are many of us who cannot eat even one slice without gaining 1-4 lbs afterwards!
? Sodium
? Sugar
? Carbs
:dunno:

It has to be the sodium. Pizza is super salty - the sauce is salty, the toppings if meat is usually salty and the cheese is salty.

I just gained 2 lbs overnight too.

zoodoo613
08-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Step class done! Phew! Just mowing and weights class to do for working out yet today and to make bread and yogurt for food as well as something for dinner.

My younger son is driving me BONKERS. I'm sooooooo ready for him to go back to school. He doesn't want to do anything but play at home. BORING!!!

And I'm trying to think of some names of stores:

Abercrombie & Fitch (not hyphenated)
VonMaur (not hyphenated)
Charlotte Russe (first and last name)
Ann Taylor (first and last name)
Michael Kors (first and last name)
Ed Hardy (first and last name)
Eddie Bauer (first and last name)
Hanna Andersson (first and last name)
Hagen-Daz is hyphenated, but not a clothing store
J. Jill (first and last)
Janie and Jack (first names and a kid's store)
Jessica McClintock (first and last names)
LaCoste (not hyphenated)
Lord and Taylor (not hyphenated)
Vera Bradley (first and last name)
Williams-Sonoma is hyphenated, but not a clothing store

And so on... no clue!

Neiman-Marcus is hyphenated, but it's not exactly a name across the bottom sort of store.

(I came up with Hagan-Daz too and chuckled.)

K9Owner
08-24-2011, 11:39 AM
(I came up with Hagan-Daz too and chuckled.)

:rofl:

Nanna7
08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi I'm looking for somewhere to fit in on this website. I know I need to be accountable to someone on a daily basis. I've tried a couple other pages, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of participation. So I really hope this is the place for me.
I have a long way to go and I'm just getting started....

I'm 54 years young, I weigh 297 lbs :( and hope to change that here real quick.

mamakat
08-24-2011, 11:40 AM
OK correction LOL it's not hyphenated after all. Sorry, but it was in your list...partners maybe? I wish I was part of Neiman-Marcus Or even Macy's...no, no luck there. But you got it on the list. I only went in the store once when I bought a muscle shirt :lol: it had my name on the front. I ended up giving it to my son. I looked to see if it has ever been a hurricane...hmm, no. That's good.

mamakat
08-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Nanna :welcome: we are glad to have you!

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 11:43 AM
OK... I thought one was hyphenated too and realized it wasn't. It sounds very 'rich' and English too?

K9Owner
08-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Nanna7: :welcome3: Participation to a thread? Who? Us? :rofl:
Hope you like the fast lane in Nascar!

K9Owner
08-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Ladies & Larry :wave:
Somehow, the yo-yo has spun down to the bottom of the string for me :lol:
Sometimes, I weigh 2x in a morning, b/c I will have insomnia so badly that I’ll wake up b/t 4-5 a.m.
I’ll weigh, lie back down, eventually go back to sleep, then wake back up a few hrs later and reweigh. Many times I am higher b/t 4-5 a.m.
Tuesday at 4, I was 153.6--@ 8, I was 152.4; Last night, I was 151.
@ 4 this morning, I was 151 and at 10 a.m. I was 149.6
HEY, I’m back to my pre-TOM weight from last Friday! :carrot:
That means there is a slight possibility that I will LOSE this week!!!
GEAUX ME!!

By the way: For all of those with horrid water weight gain, I strongly suggest the cranberry juice or tea thing! It's 1 cup Northland Cranberry Juice for 54 oz water (according to a fellow 3FC member and MFP friend). I bought the Traditional Medicinals Cranberry Tea and it clearly states on the box "For the Temporary Relief of Water Weight Gain".

jomatho
08-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I was wrong, I immediately thought of Hollister until you mentioned hyphenated and I thought "Hurricane Hollister" has a nice ring to it :lol:

mamakat
08-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Krystal I can wake up and weigh higher than the night before like into a pound, but between 10-11 I drop before the night before. And then it goes up through out the day.
I weighed 237.8 this morning at 10 and after 11 I was 238.4...:lol: I"m going with the lower number. What stinks is that come next week I have to start weighing around 6-7 as that's when my day will begin. So I'll have to take the hit of a higher number but I know I'll start seeing a difference even with it after a week or so. I hope :D

Nanna I meant to ask, what you are doing for your weight loss journey...I hope you don't mind me asking? :) I do low carb low impact cardio and strength training. I also keep my cals under 1600...for now :)

jomatho
08-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi I'm looking for somewhere to fit in on this website. I know I need to be accountable to someone on a daily basis. I've tried a couple other pages, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of participation. So I really hope this is the place for me.
I have a long way to go and I'm just getting started....

I'm 54 years young, I weigh 297 lbs :( and hope to change that here real quick.

:welcome: Lots of participation here, but don't worry if you can't keep up, just jump in anywhere and whenever you want!

jomatho
08-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Ladies & Larry :wave:
Somehow, the yo-yo has spun down to the bottom of the string for me :lol:
Sometimes, I weigh 2x in a morning, b/c I will have insomnia so badly that I’ll wake up b/t 4-5 a.m.
I’ll weigh, lie back down, eventually go back to sleep, then wake back up a few hrs later and reweigh. Many times I am higher b/t 4-5 a.m.
Tuesday at 4, I was 153.6--@ 8, I was 152.4; Last night, I was 151.
@ 4 this morning, I was 151 and at 10 a.m. I was 149.6
HEY, I’m back to my pre-TOM weight from last Friday! :carrot:
That means there is a slight possibility that I will LOSE this week!!!
GEAUX ME!!

By the way: For all of those with horrid water weight gain, I strongly suggest the cranberry juice or tea thing! It's 1 cup Northland Cranberry Juice for 54 oz water (according to a fellow 3FC member and MFP friend). I bought the Traditional Medicinals Cranberry Tea and it clearly states on the box "For the Temporary Relief of Water Weight Gain".

I did a diet a while back called Fat Flush Plan and one of the daily habits was drinking a little unsweetened cranberry juice in your water, 4oz juice to 32 oz water and drink 2 of those a day. I just looked up what she states is the purpose of this drink and it states: eliminates water retention, cleanses accumulated wastes from the lymphatic system, and also helps to clean up cellulite.
Wow, forgot the benefits of this, I think I will get back to drinking that. I still have a couple bottles up in the pantry. I remember not loving it, thinking it was kind of tart, but hey, if it cleans up cellulite. . . . !
Also in the morning you are supposed to add a tablespoon of ground flax seeds or psyllium husk to 8 oz of your juice mixture to make a "long life cocktail". The purpose of this cocktail is to increase elimination and balance hormones.
I continued with drinking flax seed (ground) in water at least every other day, but quit the juice. Just not a juice person I guess. But the flax does wonders for the bowels for any of you that have regularity problems.

Thanks for reminding me of this.

ETA: Now I know why I am always running to the bathroom a zillion times at the kids sports games, I often have a smoothie before I go due to time contraints and that they really fill me up and I always add a small handfull of frozen cranberries to my smoothies! One of those aha moments!!!!

Diana3271
08-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Nanna Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Diana3271
08-24-2011, 12:33 PM

My labs results showed that I have a histimine (markers). That means that I am having an allergic reaction to something. Today they did testing for various nuts, legumes, coconut, etc. I didn't react to anything. :( Nothing! Nada! The Dr. thinks it may be a food additive, not a food. There are no tests for food additives. The food additives would be preservatives, MSG, sulfites, etc.

My issue with all of this is that I have improved so much since eliminating all nuts, tree nuts, peanuts, legumes, green beans, etc. I talked with my Mom about this. She suggested that since I have shown such improvment, to continue to keep these foods out of my diet for a little while longer. Then in a month or two start adding them back in like I did before, when I thought I was allergic to a particular food.

I asked the Dr. if all of this could have been from my weight loss. He said it is a possibility because of the hormones involved in weight loss.

Now on to the bad thing . . . I got aggravated because I have been wanting peanut butter pie for a while and felt that I couldn't have it becuase of this allergy. :o So I went to a local restaurant that has made from scratch desserts. I got a peanut butter bar and a piece of peanut butter pie. :o All of this was before I talked with my Mom and decided to not have those foods for a while longer. :(

So, I will see if I have a reaction tomorrow. If I do, I will take an antihistimine since I'm not going to the allergist any time soon. I am disappointed in myself for giving into the peanut butter, though. :devil: :lol:

I'm not eating my regular lunch today, since I'm not hungry. I am back on plan (and it feels good) and I will be eating my regular healthy dinner. I will deal with any weight gain, water weight gain, or allergic reaction and move on.

I won't have a calorie count for today. It's just a higher calorie day and I am moving on from here.

jomatho
08-24-2011, 12:39 PM

My labs results showed that I have a histimine (markers). That means that I am having an allergic reaction to something. Today they did testing for various nuts, legumes, coconut, etc. I didn't react to anything. :( Nothing! Nada! The Dr. thinks it may be a food additive, not a food. There are no tests for food additives. The food additives would be preservatives, MSG, sulfites, etc.

My issue with all of this is that I have improved so much since eliminating all nuts, tree nuts, peanuts, legumes, green beans, etc. I talked with my Mom about this. She suggested that since I have shown such improvment, to continue to keep these foods out of my diet for a little while longer. Then in a month or two start adding them back in like I did before, when I thought I was allergic to a particular food.

I asked the Dr. if all of this could have been from my weight loss. He said it is a possibility because of the hormones involved in weight loss.

Now on to the bad thing . . . I got aggravated because I have been wanting peanut butter pie for a while and felt that I couldn't have it becuase of this allergy. :o So I went to a local restaurant that has made from scratch desserts. I got a peanut butter bar and a piece of peanut butter pie. :o All of this was before I talked with my Mom and decided to not have those foods for a while longer. :(

So, I will see if I have a reaction tomorrow. If I do, I will take an antihistimine since I'm not going to the allergist any time soon. I am disappointed in myself for giving into the peanut butter, though. :devil: :lol:

I'm not eating my regular lunch today, since I'm not hungry. I am back on plan (and it feels good) and I will be eating my regular healthy dinner. I will deal with any weight gain, water weight gain, or allergic reaction and move on.

I won't have a calorie count for today. It's just a higher calorie day and I am moving on from here.

Sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for. Don't sweat the PB treats, now hopefully that craving will be gone! I still think you should do a complete elimination diet, not just eliminating foods you think it may be, but everything and then start to add back one at a time, slowly like one a week. If you don't know how to do it, google it. You start by eating only a couple things that are very safe and each week add in a common allergy culprit, there are guidelines on the internet. Weren't you suspecting sulfites a while back?

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 12:43 PM
jamatho - Thank you so much for congrats on my weight loss, you brightened my day and made me smile!!!! That means a ton to me :) As for your situation...the memory of savoring the fajita will last awhile, whereas the water weight will melt right off ;)

Nanna - WELCOME :)

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Sorry you didn't get the answers you were looking for. Don't sweat the PB treats, now hopefully that craving will be gone! I still think you should do a complete elimination diet, not just eliminating foods you think it may be, but everything and then start to add back one at a time, slowly like one a week. If you don't know how to do it, google it. You start by eating only a couple things that are very safe and each week add in a common allergy culprit, there are guidelines on the internet. Weren't you suspecting sulfites a while back?

That's how the recommend introducing foods to babies too. Going from least allergenic to more allergenic. (so things like carrots and sweet potatoes first and nuts and strawberries and corn last).

I'm sorry you didn't get any answers. At least you know that yes, you are reacting to something, it's not in your head, but what?????? So, so frustrating!

K9Owner
08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Jo: I can’t buy fresh cranberries here until November, but I intend to buy a couple extra bags for the freezer just to make my own “juice” with a few boiled cranberries. I don’t really like tea. As a matter of fact, I hate tea—except Crystal Lite Peach Mango Green Tea—go figure! I love cranberry juice and all of it’s tartness, but I can’t come to grips atm for the 130 cals. I know that seems like so few, but I can’t have any extra right now; this tea will have to suffice. I do sweeten it with Splenda, then drink it COLD! :lol: I probably have removed every ounce of medicinal worth!! :rofl:
I use the psyllium husk of some sort every morning and sometimes at night when I don’t have a peach during the day. You’re right, it helps to keep things moving right along!

Diana: Well, since it seems that the culprit is in an additive, I’ll give you my advice, although you clearly didn’t ask for it. Since you obviously LOVE PB, I would try different brands—1 at a time—or a dessert from one place only and see how you react. If no reaction, I’d buy ONLY PB things from that shop or that particular brand of PB. I wouldn’t try everyone’s selection and “hope” I didn’t react. I’d stick with what I knew and liked. I’d do the same with legumes and nuts. :)
Sorry they were not more helpful to you today. :hug:

Diana3271
08-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Weren't you suspecting sulfites a while back?

Jo I looked at my foods and the sulfites shouldn't be an issue. :dunno: The lunch meat that I buy doesn't even contain sulfites. I will google about the elimination diet and read up on it.

K9 I don't normally eat much peanut butter. It is a bad trigger food for me. This craving went back to my Birthday in July. I wanted peanut butter pie for my birthday, but it seemed like I was having issues with legumes/nuts. I decided not to indulge. Since then I have literally been fantasizing about peanut butter. So, my craving is taken care of for now. :rofl:

Nanna7
08-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Thank you for the welcome....

Just created a Fitday account. Gonna try to keep track of what I am eating.
Also have this big thing sitting in my living room staring at me. I believe it's proper name is ELIPTICAL.....:yikes: Guess I'm supposed to get on it.....lol

In 2006 I went on a low carb diet, lost 107 lbs, 6 months later I landed in the hosptial. Diagnosis : mini stroke. All the doctors said it was caused by my high fat diet. So since then it has pretty much been a downhill spiral. Have gained back all but maybe 15lbs of my 107 lb loss. Tried so many times to gain control before I gained every lb back. Could never convince myself that the doctors were right. And have toyed around with low carb a bit here and there. But I have just been too scared to really go full force. On recent visits to my family doctor, she has mentioned weight loss surgery half a dozen times. Something I am really terrified of. I have friends who have had it and they have had so many problems. And I am just afraid of it. Soooooo, I'm gonna try to do this what most people would call "the healthy way".

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Thank you for the welcome....

Just created a Fitday account. Gonna try to keep track of what I am eating.
Also have this big thing sitting in my living room staring at me. I believe it's proper name is ELIPTICAL.....:yikes: Guess I'm supposed to get on it.....lol

In 2006 I went on a low carb diet, lost 107 lbs, 6 months later I landed in the hosptial. Diagnosis : mini stroke. All the doctors said it was caused by my high fat diet. So since then it has pretty much been a downhill spiral. Have gained back all but maybe 15lbs of my 107 lb loss. Tried so many times to gain control before I gained every lb back. Could never convince myself that the doctors were right. And have toyed around with low carb a bit here and there. But I have just been too scared to really go full force. On recent visits to my family doctor, she has mentioned weight loss surgery half a dozen times. Something I am really terrified of. I have friends who have had it and they have had so many problems. And I am just afraid of it. Soooooo, I'm gonna try to do this what most people would call "the healthy way".

There is nothing wrong with low carb. Just that there are ways to do it that are also not high in the 'bad' fats. I do a partially low carb diet (try to keep net carbs under 100 grams a day). I don't eat bread, rice, sweet potatoes, desserts, etc. I eat beans, lean meats, nuts, tons of veggies and some fruits. I also eat a high fat diet, but most of it is from olive oil, avocado and nuts - not from bacon, ham, salad dressings and such.

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
My son gave me a call almost 2 hours ago saying he flipped over the handlebars on his bike while riding home for lunch from band camp. That he called and could talk normally kept my head level, but not a call or words you want to hear.

He got home and took a shower and then I put on some bactine and bandages. He has a nasty gash on the side of his knee, but mostly lightly scraped skin all up and down his back. He's pretty sore (I imagine he'll be even more so tomorrow), but there was no way I was sending him back to band camp for the rest of the day after that. Especially as he plays the sousaphone. Now "HOW" he's going to play that tomorrow for new student orientation with all those scrapes on his back, I don't know, but he'll figure it out.

I was just so thankful he had his helmet on (he forgets 50% of the time) and that he didn't hit his head. I'll replace the helmet anyway in case it took some of the impact, but seems it was mostly his back and butt that got the brunt of it.

shishkeberry
08-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Ouch! I'm very glad your son had a helmet on, berry. Road burns are the worst. I hope he heals quickly.
Welcome to the thread, nanna! This thread has participation coming out of its ears! I'm not doing low carb. All I watch for is calories and sodium and it's working for me right now.
248.6 this morning. But then half an hour later I went number 2 and then weighed again and I gained .2!? Lol! I didn't have anything to drink or eat and I was nude both times. Haha how does that happen? Whatever, I'm going with the lower weight ;)

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Donna - you should do what is good for YOU. If the doctor mentions surgery and your gut says no, listen to your gut. I am doing it the "healthy way" to the best of my ability and it is working... it just takes drive, determination, perseverence and you can get through which ever method you feel fits you :) There are a ton of ways throughout the forum that people are using and being successful, and a ton of folks (like berryblondeboys did) that can offer advice depending which way you go :) That's a perk here for sure!

berryblondeboys - So sorry to hear of your son! That's so scary! About a year and a half ago I was riding my bike (commuting home from work) and was hit by a car. I apparently went over handlebars (remember nothing that follows) and bounced on my head twice on the concrete and the driver took off. I had a terrible concussion and still have some brain issues... but to imagine a child taking a spill is a whole other nightmare! I hope his back heals fast !!!

DZackery
08-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Top 3 reasons why housework is good *yeah right but stay with me*:

3. The house gets clean...even if only for a few minutes.

2. Something to do...like I need more.

And the number one reason why housework is a good thing...

1. It reminds you of alllll the things you need to get at the store....

For instance-

Laundry detergent when you pour the last drop into the washer doing the last load.

Dish Soap when you try to get the dishes done and end up using shampoo

Bleach when you try to scrub out the toilet and it still doesnt smell good.

Coffee creamer...well...let's not go there.

And---fabric/upolstry cleaner for when the chihuahua puppy has a small *I got too excited moment*

Can we guess where I'm headed before picking up the kids?

zoodoo613
08-24-2011, 03:03 PM
My son gave me a call almost 2 hours ago saying he flipped over the handlebars on his bike while riding home for lunch from band camp. That he called and could talk normally kept my head level, but not a call or words you want to hear.

He got home and took a shower and then I put on some bactine and bandages. He has a nasty gash on the side of his knee, but mostly lightly scraped skin all up and down his back. He's pretty sore (I imagine he'll be even more so tomorrow), but there was no way I was sending him back to band camp for the rest of the day after that. Especially as he plays the sousaphone. Now "HOW" he's going to play that tomorrow for new student orientation with all those scrapes on his back, I don't know, but he'll figure it out.

I was just so thankful he had his helmet on (he forgets 50% of the time) and that he didn't hit his head. I'll replace the helmet anyway in case it took some of the impact, but seems it was mostly his back and butt that got the brunt of it.

How scary! I'm glad he's OK.

jomatho
08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
DZachary, I was thinking of you while I was vacuuming today, thinking if the kids were gone for the day I would probably be attacking their rooms (more than just vacuuming the middles like I did today). So I guess you used your free day to have a nice clean house that no one would spoil for a couple hours. Bet it feels good. Very inventive getting those dishes done with shampoo btw!
Berry, I gasped when you mentioned your son's accident. I worry all the time about my kids and of course it is too cool to wear a helmet anymore. I get tired of arguing about it. Yes, I was thinking about the order you introduce food to kids too when I was writing that. Same idea.
Shisk, I had to chuckle about your elimination story. Makes no sense to gain after that :lol:
Nanna, do you like low carb? If so, I agree with Berry, there is a way to do it with healthy fats and even lower fat. If you are looking for a program to follow (book) the south beach diet is lower carb with healthy, low fats.
K9, I buy my cranberries already frozen. Only use them in smoothies. I wish I liked tea more. I am not sure I want to use up 130 calories for cranberry juice either, maybe I will just do half of it. Not today though, my DS has his first FB game tonight and I will have a smoothie before I go with a few cranberries in that.
ItsMyTurn, your welcome! :D Yes, the fajita was worth it.

Diana3271
08-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Update from the endo: She doesn't not need to see me for 6 months. Everything looks good on my labs. She was concerned that I had lost 3 pounds from the last time I was there. I told her I am happy where I am at now and I am working on maintenace. Blood pressure was 104/62 and my pulse was 66. They were happy with those numbers.

Berry That's scary! I'm glad your DS is ok!

Nanna7
08-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Nanna[/B] I meant to ask, what you are doing for your weight loss journey...I hope you don't mind me asking? :) I do low carb low impact cardio and strength training. I also keep my cals under 1600...for now :)

Starting tomorrow morning, it is my plan to leave the house and walk for at least 30 minutes, turn around and come home. My girls leave at 7a.m., so when they are on the bus, I will go for a walk. Eventually, I will get myself on this Eliptical that is sitting in my living room. I'm using Fitday to track my foods eaten. And I'm trying to watch the fat and calories. Starting out around 1800 calories a day. My calorie tracker says I should eat 2200 calories,but, I'm doing fine on 1800.

Nanna7
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
There is nothing wrong with low carb. Just that there are ways to do it that are also not high in the 'bad' fats. I do a partially low carb diet (try to keep net carbs under 100 grams a day). I don't eat bread, rice, sweet potatoes, desserts, etc. I eat beans, lean meats, nuts, tons of veggies and some fruits. I also eat a high fat diet, but most of it is from olive oil, avocado and nuts - not from bacon, ham, salad dressings and such.

No, there is nothing wrong with a low carb diet. I did great on it. But unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones that the fat had an adverse effect on. I was very careful, but it just wasn't for me I guess. I wish you all the best.....

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 04:45 PM
No, there is nothing wrong with a low carb diet. I did great on it. But unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones that the fat had an adverse effect on. I was very careful, but it just wasn't for me I guess. I wish you all the best.....

There is fat and there is fat. olive oil and nuts and avocado are the non-artery clogging oils. it's the dairy and meat fats that can be damaging.

zogo
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh my gosh the pages pile on quickly on this thread!

Nanna7 Welcome and I hope that elliptical contraption lures you in!

Berry, Glad your son is ok. He plays the sousaphone? How cool is that?

Diana Glad to hear you got the all clear for 6 months!

For me, I'm holding steady at 179.2 for 2 days. Still out of the 180's and hoping it will stay that way. We took our boat up to a lake yesterday to take the kids & their friends tubing. I used some low carb margarita mix (it was yummy) but I think the sucaralose in it kicked me out of Ketosis.

Did P90X Plyometrics x today for the first time. It kicked my @$$. I took it easy on some of the high impact. And then I tried a low carb protein recovery shake (? more like chocolate milk).

Took the kids shopping for binders/ notebooks/ pencils and such. Boy it adds up fast!

mamakat
08-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Berry, OMG my heart started pounding for you....you led up to the part where he is ok minus the road rash...I was worried you were messaging for a hospital. I tell my kids no helmet no bike, my DS has stopped riding his. He thinks too uncool, I think it only takes one fall. I'm so glad your DS is OK for the most part and wish a speedy recovery and good for him for a helmet (even 50% of the time :))

Nanna sometimes baby steps are just the way to go. I got super sick last year and had 3 surgeries (One life saving) and from there on I decided just a few changes...I stopped gluten and ate real portions. I've tweaked it over and over again this past year including no exercise to biking (recumbent) like crazy. I own an eliptical and tread, but I'm more comfortable on my bike. You've got to do what's comfortable for you so that you keep on doing it, but just check out these gals and Larry (he's awesome) with determination the weight does come off and even better you start feeling better :)

DZ shampoo? :lol: I have never thought of that in my life, but then if I don't have the products I just say forget it, I'll do it tomorrow...who I kidding even with the right products I say that. Have fun shopping.

ItsMyTurn how aweful, did they ever find the driver? That is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Diana well at least the endo gave you some good news right? Although and I forget who said this in an earlier post, sometimes just knowing you DO have something going on is half the battle in the sanity department. For years I had doctors scan and poke around and they'd come up empty but I KNOW something was up. I was so happy (I guess?) when they finally said MD and ligament trouble...stuff that doesn't always show up on scans or pokes :p

Shish congrats on the new low number, I swear you are rocking this weight loss. Awesome job.

Krystal would cranberry pills work for the flushing? I hear you on not wanting to use calories in a juice. But what about pills. I know they are good with UTI...my DD always has those, but she love the juice :p

I went shopping and we came up with nada. My DH is the only child in school (her own age) that's allowed to pick her own clothes and she's a touch GOTH. I love color, I love looking like a rainbow attacked me, but for the most part I am EMO so I get the want to dress dark, but finding that is really really hard w/o breaking the bank. SO we've got Friday, hopefully something will come up. She wants boots, but Gym won't allow it and she hates sneakers/cross trainers. So much fun...her feet grow so fast too so I hate to spend money when I know in 3 months we'll be buying new shoes. Girls, bluck :p Why couldn't she be a tomboy? :lol:

Hope you all have a great evening...:)

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 05:15 PM
OK, seems Adrian didn't flip OVER the handlebars of his bike, but that when he hit the tree trunk, the bike stopped and his body just came forward up and over the handlebars, feet first. So, he landed slightly to the left on his butt, leg and back. His head never made contact with the pavement. Now how his legs cleared over the handlebars, I have no idea. That takes talent.

Oh, and he said he'll never forget his helmet again and was so glad he had it on, even though he didn't hit his head. He saw how he easily could have.

zoodoo613
08-24-2011, 05:20 PM
There is fat and there is fat. olive oil and nuts and avocado are the non-artery clogging oils. it's the dairy and meat fats that can be damaging.

I agree with this. Avoiding saturated fats is best. But there's also nothing wrong with not taking a low-carb approach. It's possible to lose weight and still eat carbs. When all is said and done, most people who are overweight need to drastically adjust their idea of how much you can eat of everything. I'm not doing low carb, but I just checked my food log and here's the break down I get for a two month average: Fat - 67g, Carbs - 183g, Protein - 62 g. I don't eat huge servings of meat, or even have meat every day. I try not to slather everything I eat in cheese or dressings. I don't eat big servings of rice, or potatoes, or eat bread all the time. There just not room in any calorie deficit diet to eat a lot of any one thing.

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

ItsMyTurn how aweful, did they ever find the driver? That is the craziest thing I've ever heard.

I went shopping and we came up with nada. My DH is the only child in school (her own age) that's allowed to pick her own clothes and she's a touch GOTH. I love color, I love looking like a rainbow attacked me, but for the most part I am EMO so I get the want to dress dark, but finding that is really really hard w/o breaking the bank. SO we've got Friday, hopefully something will come up. She wants boots, but Gym won't allow it and she hates sneakers/cross trainers. So much fun...her feet grow so fast too so I hate to spend money when I know in 3 months we'll be buying new shoes. Girls, bluck :p Why couldn't she be a tomboy? :lol:

Hope you all have a great evening...:)

I sure wish they would have found her! I know it was a blue 4-door car pulling out of the Native NewYorker (so probably had one too many to drink since it was happy hour when I was heading home)... the windows down here are all tinted a bunch due to the sun, so that made visibility tough.. knew it was a "she" with short dark hair.... I looked up after gaining consciousness (unable to stand) and glared at her as she took off. Apparently she was only going to get out of her car if I were dead? I don't know.

I have 2 girls and feel your pain in different ways, lol. My youngest is the one that makes things difficult (age 12). She wants black/purple type colors, but to find a style she likes is TOUGH. I am hoping you have better with your DD by the time she has to have it all in place *fingers crossed for ya*

catgirl
08-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I thought I'd join in.

I've been stuck at 140 for 1.5 weeks now. I have an addiction to sugar. To "celebrate" (not!!) my lack of weight loss, I had a ginger beer (they're like root beer--140 calories)... and I was doing okay until I CRAVED sugar and gave in and had an iced tea (220 calories)... It doesn't sound like a lot, but those 300 calories are the ones I'm supposed to be losing!...I sauteed potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and tomato and ate a bit, saved the rest for dinner..had oj and an apple in the morning...

I realize I'm not portioning things out right. I should eat a protein for breakfast, and the fruit for lunch. This doesn't sound like a lot, but it is, I'm not including everything. And I have just 17 lbs. to lose..

Going walking with my mom in an hour. Going to push her til she's tired (she's in better shape than me!) Going to the gym tomorrow morning! No lazy days!

CG

DZackery
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
So I had that awesome breakfast and skipped lunch so I could have the porkchops I made for dinner. Totally worth it. I was craving some red potatoes boiled. I feel like I should be safe eating this dinner. I done have bunch of added salt (just a pinch) and I am having a small portion. Hopefully the scale wont punish me tomorrow.

DZackery
08-24-2011, 06:35 PM
So I put in my food on fit day and I have only eaten 850 calories today if I include the nectarine I planned on eating later to keep the sweet cravings away.

But I see everyone else usually has btw 1200-1600.....Should I be eating more?

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 06:46 PM
So I put in my food on fit day and I have only eaten 850 calories today if I include the nectarine I planned on eating later to keep the sweet cravings away.

But I see everyone else usually has btw 1200-1600.....Should I be eating more?
I was put on 1200 calories by my nutritionist. Apparently I have been below calories that I should for a LONG time and it caused my body to go into starvation mode: translation to that doesn't mean skinny - it means slower metabolism :( I do struggle to hit that number daily though, I won't lie... so totally understand. She did tell me there is no reason for any woman to ever go below 1200 nutritional calories. I don't know about you though, I have a hard time to eat when I am just not hungry? Do you always fall below though? Or would you say it equalled out over the week?

berryblondeboys
08-24-2011, 06:51 PM
So yesterday I was famished. Ate around 1700 calories and didn't exercise yesterday. I could have eaten 3000 calories easily.

Today, I did step and mowed the lawn and have been working in the kitchen (making bread and yogurt - decided on left over pizza for the clan - I'm not hungry). I'm done eating for the day and I'm at 1200 calories. I am simply not hungry today - at all.

Isn't that crazy how one day can be so drastically different from another?

DZackery
08-24-2011, 06:53 PM
No cause I'm really bad about eating when I AM hungry. All the weight I gained was due to bordem, not hunger. It's like when my stomach finally does start saying I am hungry....my brain says "good, now stay that way". I feel heavier when my stomach is satisfied and lighter when I'm hungry.

It doesnt really make sense and I try to remember that I need to eat throughout the day but then I move to another thought and by the time I think of it again.....it's already time for a different meal.

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 07:16 PM
No cause I'm really bad about eating when I AM hungry. All the weight I gained was due to bordem, not hunger. It's like when my stomach finally does start saying I am hungry....my brain says "good, now stay that way". I feel heavier when my stomach is satisfied and lighter when I'm hungry.

It doesnt really make sense and I try to remember that I need to eat throughout the day but then I move to another thought and by the time I think of it again.....it's already time for a different meal.
The rambling thoughts thing gets me too!!! LOL! My issue is, aside from hang-ups I have had all my life, this: I have a sensitivity issue. Like with pain, I don't feel things until they are serious, or out of control... not that I have a high tolerance, I literally don't feel it. I almost wonder if it's the same with my hunger cause I struggle so bad to get in the calories and it almost feels like I am forcing it. But I also forget about eating, LOL... I probably totally sound off my rocker now, but...if you don't feel something, and your brain is going 100 miles an hour on other topics, it actually does become a chore of sorts. I wasn't as embarrassed to admit it since you have fleeting thoughts that seems to take up that eating time too :) Thank you for that. I have to tell you that until now, I felt like odd-man-out, where I didn't think anyone would be able to understand that part of my issues... I read a lot of people fighting binges (and I went through that in the eating disorder days wayyyy back when), but my weight gain is actually due to lack of calories and nutrition... totally slows our metabolisms down and it's frustrating. Yours is similar issue, but I still totally understand it. If you are bored, then you find yourself eating (as some do with emotional eating)... but when you feel hungry, to gain that lighter feeling and not that blah heavier feeling, you avoid it... once you agree to eat, you are on another task and just forget. I can totally see that happening! DZachery - it sounds like you need to maybe set reminders to yourself on when to eat? Would that help? My nutritionist has me make out the day's plan in advance and I actually set cell alarm on when it's time to eat until I get myself retrained so it's natural. She claims that doing this and eating same times everyday will get me to feel like I have hunger pangs when I forget once it's routine. I think I read something similar posted from berryblondeboys too? Or maybe someone else... I lose track. Sorry for the long-winded-ness... I just liked to hear someone else having a hard time to meet calories so I didn't feel so ... well... almost handicapped in this weight loss journey

Nanna7
08-24-2011, 07:33 PM
It was sheer heaven here today having the girls gone for their 1st day of school. These are my Granddaughters that I am raising. They will be 12 and 13 in september and have been with me for 10 years now. Never a dull moment around here.....

ItsMyTurn
08-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Nanna - I admire you for being so willing to jump in to raise them and keep them with family no matter the circumstances.

mamakat
08-24-2011, 07:38 PM
errr, I'm near 1000 in cals already and DH called a little over 45 mins ago saying he's gonna be late (computer virus) so now I fear being super hungry before he comes home and feeds me :( LOL, I'm a child! The good thing is I'm not remotely hungry now so hopefully that'll stick.

ItsMyTurn I forget a lot of meals. I normally wait around for others to be eating before I remember to eat. I used to be a binger but now I've actually hate the act of eating. I realized this the other day. I was eating a normal meal at a restaurant (smaller than everyone elses) and I was the last one eating. I realized I was putting my fork down more and that I was just bored with eating :lol: I even complained that I don't want to keep eating. I'm wondering if that's Bipolar. Of course I eat, but I have to be reminded or fed. I have a fridge next to my bed filled with shakes. Call me spoiled.

berry do you make your own pizza. DH loves making pizza. I tried once and that was enough for me...the dough got everywhere. :)

DZackery
08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
itsmyturn-

I think next week I can start that routine thing. See, I start my final internship on Monday and well....I have to get up at the same time (breakfast), students eat lunch at the same time (lunch) and we pretty much eat around the same time at night within an hour or so. So maybe it will come to me.Plus the school I'm interning at totally has an awesome salad bar so thats a little more motivating because I dont have to make it...just put it on my plate. :)

Diana3271
08-24-2011, 08:59 PM

I just got home and I'm going to start getting ready for bed. Hopefully I can do some personals tomorrow since I don't have any appointments.

Have a good night. Sleep well.

Not posting my foods/calories since I had a higher calorie day. Tomorrow is a new day.

K9Owner
08-24-2011, 09:33 PM
DZ & Star: Rarely, and I do mean RARELY do I ever have days when I am just not hungry. I stay snacky! I would love that prob though! :lol:

Wednesday’s Menu
FF Cheese Omelet, Peach, Cranberry Tea 154
2 Grilled Chicken Caesar Wraps (Carb Balance Whole Wheat Wraps), PB Oats 588
Caesar Salad, Carb Smart Vanilla w/Pecans, Peach, Cranberry Tea 393
Total: 1135

Water: 96 oz
Tennis: 320

So, I ate the change from today on Sunday night.
Trust me, I am by no means putting myself in starvation mode with 2000 cal Saturday’s and Sunday’s!

K9Owner
08-24-2011, 10:55 PM
MamaKat: It's interesting you asked about Cranberry pills. I bought some at my local market as well as the tea, just in case I couldn't stomach the tea. They are called Nature's Bounty Triple Strength Natural Cranberry (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=nature%27s+bounty+cranberry&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10310978522884811512&sa=X&ei=7bhVTsCZFYfe0QGP_-XFAg&ved=0CEcQ8wIwAA). They have 25,2000mg of cranberry. They were 2 for $10 at the market. 60 pills per bottle. I'll have cranberry coming out of my ears :lol:

mamakat
08-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Had pizza tonight b/c of DH's computer virus...as usual bluck...I don't get you guys and your pizza. I eat it b/c he offers and I know that's all I get :lol: I had three supreme slices w/o crust. I still came under calories which is amzing. I'm glad today is over...I was sad all day until I heard a baby laugh (that's the best sound ever). Tomorrow we go for the hike, if it doesn't pour rain on our heads. It might be our last chance before school and I think (as usual) I'm the only one excited about it.

I hope you all have a great night. I haven't heard any news as far as the hurricane situation. DH could just be busy in not being able to keep me abreast or things might be going good. Relay for Life is being held on Sept. 11 this year...I'm disappointed. DD patted me on my hand and said maybe next year. So sweet. I hole up that day, no outside stimulation. This year is a toughy...I think that's why I'm sad (as I got my invite in the mail this morning.)

Well another year for sure :D Sad but true theres plenty of walks and gathering for cancer/and its survivors. Maybe I'll send DH to go put in our three illuminaries (Mom, MIL and all those who have survived..me being one.) Again I wish you all a good night. Hope to see you tomorrow, but no guarrantees. :D

jeniansmom
08-25-2011, 07:10 AM
K9 wrote:
Ok, I seriously don't know what it is about that many of us cannot enjoy this food without gaining with it. You are by NO means alone when it comes to eating pizza and gaining. There are many of us who cannot eat even one slice without gaining 1-4 lbs afterwards!
? Sodium
? Sugar
? Carbs

I am going to share this with DH. He is frustrated b/c he came back from our weekend away and had gained 5 lbs! I know he didn't eat an extra 5lbs worth of food. But he did eat a 10/12" pizza for supper the night I ate a salad.

He has completely cut Mt Dew out of his diet. He drinks a LOT of crystal light. He is eating healthy meals for supper. (What I make). Breakfast and lunches are still not great, but he is overall eating sooo much better than he had been and had lost about 10 lbs. To have gained half of it back so quickly is really bothering him.

Diana3271
08-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Calories for yesterday: didn't count since I had a weird day :dunno: I had my normal foods, the peanut butter pie slice & peanut butter bar. My Mom ate dinner with us and I also had 2 of her chicken wings w/Ranch dressing. Moving on. ;)

Weigh In: 144.6

Up: 1 pound

berryblondeboys
08-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Lost 1.2 pounds of the water weight that I had gained overnight. I'm realllllly tired this morning. I have one kid who goes to sleep well after I go to bed (and I went to bed at midnight) and one kid who wakes up before me (today he was up at 6:30 am). I'm exhausted.

Today I have to drive into Virginia. Might do some quick shopping while there. Right now I can't get the fog out of my head. Had to stay up making bread and letting the yogurt ferment. I simple don't do well on less than 8 hours of sleep. I've been getting 6.5-7 hours almost every day and it's finally taking it's toll. I'm a grump too! I wish I could eat already, but I have to wait for that darn thyroid pill.

OK, enough complaining. Life is good and the day will get better. I'm meeting up with my mentee and she, I and my little guy are going to paint some pottery today! How could that not be fun, right?

jomatho
08-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Morning everyone! I was up way to early today, only got about 5 good hours of sleep. I NEED about 7 hours and feel the best on 9 hours. Lets just say this perimenopause (if that is what is happening to me) is going to put me in the loony bin due to lack of sleep. That is not even mentioning the hormonal imbalances and swings and all the other loveliness that goes along with it.

Weight is down only .4 of my 2# water weight gain, but I did weigh in pretty early too. Message to my scale: "I am ready to move out of my temporary maintenance and start on my weight loss track again!" Not sure, maybe the scale didn't get the message. Frustrating when you are being really strict.

Yesterdays report: got in my hour walk, (I think I reported that already), but then after refueling with some breakfast because I was famished, I did get back down on the treadmill and ran an extra 2 miles. Throw in some housecleaning (about and hour), three loads laundry, and all the extras a mom accomplishes in a day, I had a pretty active day. Also stuck to my food plan except that I substituted a salad in place of the shake I was going to have prior to the game last night. I may have been a little under calories due to that little switch, but should be almost the same. Close enough in my book. Oh, and DH and DS were famished last night after the game and hit the drive through. By that time I was feeling a little hungry again (okay, a lot hungry), but I resisted the urge and munched on a pear, yay me! Pears are from the back yard and oh so yummy!!!

Today I plan to walk for about an hour and run an errand or two. Boys (DH and DSs) will be gone this evening to an away varsity FB game, so I have the house to myself for the evening and am on my own for dinner too. Course, I may just choose to sleep the time away if I am still tired :lol:

Gotta go lace up my shoes, BBL!

jomatho
08-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Lost 1.2 pounds of the water weight that I had gained overnight. I'm realllllly tired this morning. I have one kid who goes to sleep well after I go to bed (and I went to bed at midnight) and one kid who wakes up before me (today he was up at 6:30 am). I'm exhausted.

Today I have to drive into Virginia. Might do some quick shopping while there. Right now I can't get the fog out of my head. Had to stay up making bread and letting the yogurt ferment. I simple don't do well on less than 8 hours of sleep. I've been getting 6.5-7 hours almost every day and it's finally taking it's toll. I'm a grump too! I wish I could eat already, but I have to wait for that darn thyroid pill.

OK, enough complaining. Life is good and the day will get better. I'm meeting up with my mentee and she, I and my little guy are going to paint some pottery today! How could that not be fun, right?

We have similar sleep woes today!!! :lol:

zoodoo613
08-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Clothing panic hit me hard this morning. It's raining and it seems like fall is abruptly here and I can't wear all the the summer clothes I've been wearing and none of the clothes from last fall fit. I got some pants this weekend (2 Salvation Army, one new) but I'm short! They all need to be put up. One pair are brown, and I can't find my brown thread. One are purplish corduroy, and I wore my purple corduroy jacket yesterday and I can't wear purple corduroy two days in a row. (The fact that I even own two purple corduroy clothing items is a whole other issue.) The last are basic black dress pants and I a) forgot about them, and b) wore black dress pants yesterday. So I was rummaging around and came across some linen colored linen pants that been too slightly too tight across the thigh at my highest weight and besides had been too short. I'd taken the hem out and thought they'd work with a tiny hem, but hadn't gotten around to doing it. So this morning, with my poor husband asleep in the next room, I decided that a decorative stitch around the bottom of these pants would hold the tiny hem in place. So I rattled away in there for 20 minutes on the sewing machine, and took a few darts at the waist too, since I always need darts at the waist, and ironed and put them on.

They're too big. Of course they're too big. I knew I'd worn them 20 lbs ago. What was I thinking? I wore them anyway. The waist darts keep them from falling down, and I tell myself they kind of work in that flow-y linen pants kind of way. Except that I could (well, one could. I couldn't.) take 4 inches out of the hip and they still wouldn't be too tight.

I might wear them again, or I might regain my sanity and set them aside. How I wish I'd done that hem at the beginning of the summer. They'd have been perfect then.

berryblondeboys
08-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Zoodoo As I was reading about your linen pants, I was thinking, "I sure hope she tried them on before doing all that work!"

But, it 'is' a good problem to have. I'm in a fall clothes panic too. I want to be cheap, yet have nice things. I weigh 80 pounds less than when I bought my winter clothes/fall clothes. I can't wear ANY OF IT... not even the sweaters!

But, I'm too cheap to buy. But yes, fall will hit and then we'll be in TROUBLE!

zoodoo613
08-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Zoodoo As I was reading about your linen pants, I was thinking, "I sure hope she tried them on before doing all that work!"

But, it 'is' a good problem to have. I'm in a fall clothes panic too. I want to be cheap, yet have nice things. I weigh 80 pounds less than when I bought my winter clothes/fall clothes. I can't wear ANY OF IT... not even the sweaters!

But, I'm too cheap to buy. But yes, fall will hit and then we'll be in TROUBLE!

You know I did try them on before, but I thought it would work. Pants are almost always too big in my waist, and taking the darts makes a huge difference. But you just can't tell until you're done how something will work. I never make clothes for this reason. Put so much work into something and then it just doesn't work.

Even now, I'm considering the pants I have on. Maybe if I made the darts bigger, they'd ride a little higher and not be so big...

mamakat
08-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Ha, I got time in this morning afterall, kids are still asleep and rain is coming so I think the hike might be out...ah well maybe this weekend?

zoodoo can I just say wow. I learned how to use a needle for quilting a few years back and I thought I had mastered the quilting world, but to hear you talk about hems and darts in 20 mins, well it impressed the heck out of me :D

Last year I bought pants that were too short (which is amazing as I'm so stinking short) but as I'm losing the weight they are getting longer :lol: I also bought pants that were way too long, but I have no idea how to hem, so I'm thinking I'll just cut a few inches off (they're jeans and no one will really notice) I'll have to retire them soon anyway. I am hoping to get by with my size 20s and a couple of 18 for the fall and Spring. We'll see how things go.

Well I'm off to roam around the house and see what DH has planned (for rainy day). He's here so I'm assuming he didn't decide to go to work since it'll be raining. I hope you all have a great and healthy day!

Nanna7
08-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Good Morning Ladies....
As I promised myself yesterday. I got up and left the house when the girls got on the school bus and went for a walk. Not bad for the first time out, 1.6 miles. Just a few more steps and I would have had 2 miles under my belt. My hip was killing me on the way back. Been bothering me for the past week and that walk really set it off. But, maybe after a few days it will go away. I'm so out of shape it's pathetic.
Got my shower and my cup of coffee, now I'm ready for a good breakfast......have a great day !!

Diana3271
08-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Sometimes I feel weird about making posts like this. I have been thinking about this since yesterday. It's still on my mind, so I'm thinking it is important enough to share. Maybe someone will gain a little strength from my thoughts/feelings. Maybe not.

I have been to several Dr's recently. I had all my yearly testing done at our family Dr. All the tests were good. I went to the allergist for my crazy allergy. Everything is good there. I went to the Endocrinologist, everything is good. I went for my yearly pap at the gynecologist, everything is good. I haven't done my yearly mammogram, yet. That will be next month.

In the last 3 1/2 years I have lost weight and got to a normal weight range and by all appearances I am in very good health.

Yesterday I was frustrated and had a crazy PB lunch. It wasn't the end of the world. Normally, if I was going to have something, I would eat it in moderation and work it into my plan.

I have seen something like this posted before and now I totally "get it". Nothing tastes as good as being fit and healthy feels.

If you are feeling frustrated and thinking about throwing in the towel, please don't. It is not worth it. You have come too far, whether you have lost 1 pound or 100 pounds. Hang in there. You can do it. :hug:

zoodoo613
08-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Ha, I got time in this morning afterall, kids are still asleep and rain is coming so I think the hike might be out...ah well maybe this weekend?

zoodoo can I just say wow. I learned how to use a needle for quilting a few years back and I thought I had mastered the quilting world, but to hear you talk about hems and darts in 20 mins, well it impressed the heck out of me :D

Last year I bought pants that were too short (which is amazing as I'm so stinking short) but as I'm losing the weight they are getting longer :lol: I also bought pants that were way too long, but I have no idea how to hem, so I'm thinking I'll just cut a few inches off (they're jeans and no one will really notice) I'll have to retire them soon anyway. I am hoping to get by with my size 20s and a couple of 18 for the fall and Spring. We'll see how things go.

Well I'm off to roam around the house and see what DH has planned (for rainy day). He's here so I'm assuming he didn't decide to go to work since it'll be raining. I hope you all have a great and healthy day!

You quilt? I was really into quilting for about 5 years, but I haven't done anything recently. I still think about it a lot though, and save stuff with quilts in mind.

The hem really isn't that impressive. Figuring out is the always the hard part, and I'd messed with them some this weekend and had the hem ironed and set to go. And the darts, well, I never tuck my shirt in, so it doesn't matter if they don't look too good. :D

jeniansmom
08-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Diana: :hug: You are so right! Thanks for this post!

zogo
08-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Good Morning, I recently read that if you need to wear pants either a little loose or a little tight, the loose ones will always make you look thinner. And zoodoo, you are right about the linen look, they can flow!

We went to our cottage for a day this week and I always wear clothes I don't care if I get dirty (sitting around the fire can sometimes produce stains). I have a pair of khaki capri cargo pants that have been my "uniform" all summer. But, they are so saggy on me now that I wore them up there b/c if I ruin them, it won't matter. Hopefully at the end of the summer I can get rid of them and never wear that size again.

Going to do day 67/90 of p90x today. Yoga....blech.

Diana3271
08-25-2011, 09:34 AM
jeniansmom Have yourself a fantastic day! :hug:

jomatho
08-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Zoodoo, hope those pants stay up for you today! I would be in trouble if I had to dress up everyday too. Looks like some hemming is on the agenda for this weekend?
Diana32, love your second post this morning and thanks for that insight! I still don't think what you did yesterday was that bad? I think you waited long enough for the PB "lunch" (since July?) but you must have felt very out of control? I can tell it has really been bothering you. :hug:
Nanna, you are doing great! My hip gets to me sometimes too. Someone posted a long time ago (Vixsin I think) that they read somewhere if you have problems with your hips that perhaps your core is too weak. Makes a lot of sense and I definately have a weak core.
Mamakat, lots of people roll their jeans up to a long capri height, maybe that would work for your too long ones?
K9, that is a lot of cranberry :lol:

shellsbrood
08-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Morning all! :sunny:

The scale has me up that random two pounds again. I seem to be bouncing between 170.8 and 172.8. I had to admit, though, life has gotten so crazy that I haven't exercised in WEEKS. My trickling weightloss has been on diet alone this last month. I need to make exercising a priority again...not just for weightloss, but after losing 90lbs, I desperately need to tone up. :^:

Have a happy, healthy and OP day! :wave:

mamakat
08-25-2011, 10:25 AM
zoodoo I used to quilt. I love doing it with thread and needle but after hand surgery my hands are no longer able to hold small objects. I'm not upset by that fact as I stopped quilting around 2008. I had only learned around 2006 to even thread a needle. But I mastered everything...even taught myself trapunto so I got bored. That's just how am, master and move on. I teach myself a lot of things.

Diana that was a great post and I think it's true. Even what we don't see on the scale or in tape measures is such a benefit to us. Bp, heart, lungs, muscles (even intestines) these things we don't see but we're doing such good things for them. And one day of splurging or saying I give up, is giving up on ourselves. Not that we don't need to splurge once in awhile, but moderation is the best.

Nanna I have a bad hip and I totally get the walking thing. I couldn't even walk a mile two months ago. You are not pathetic. Give your body time, this is new. I'm hiking now and I really didn't think that would ever happen. But it took time. And even now w/o my cane I still have bad hip days, but never do I blame myself for limitations. Nah, instead I make it my goal to get back out there. Pat yourself on the back a mile .6 is awesome!

Shells hope you get exercise in soon. :)

I can't tell if it's gonna rain or not. DH hasn't said anything about anything. I hate to ask b/c he feels pressured when I seem antsy to go places. I'm really trying not to stress him out lately. It's just I really want to go :D Usually we go by the fly, but I've known about this hike for over a week. I think its bizarre that I get excited about hiking...who is this person I have become? She's a foreigner in my head...wait till I tell Dr. all about it this Monday, if he's not impressed, then nothing will impress him. Ha, I WILL impress this man...ah who cares, I'm impressed and that's all that matters, right?

Nanna7
08-25-2011, 10:58 AM
You guys are awsome !!

mamakat
08-25-2011, 11:11 AM
UPDATE: no hike..waaaaa.:(

Sum38
08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Also in the morning you are supposed to add a tablespoon of ground flax seeds or psyllium husk to 8 oz of your juice mixture to make a "long life cocktail". The purpose of this cocktail is to increase elimination and balance hormones. !

Add some Bentonite clay and it pulls out massive amount of toxins from your "system".

Sum38
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM

Nothing! Nada! The Dr. thinks it may be a food additive, not a food. There are no tests for food additives. The food additives would be preservatives, MSG, sulfites, etc.

Mt DD can not tolerate MSG. her favorite food is Chinese and it makes her so sick :(

Sum38
08-25-2011, 11:28 AM
My scale seems to be permanently stuck on 154 Ugh... I feel a lot thinner tho. I compared some photos taken of me at 152 and now at 154 and I look like I am 15 pounds thinner at 154. -- I am still completely sugar free, and I feel so good and never bloated.

I can't eat any grain, so I have really nothing in my diet that turns into sugar.

Going up to cabin for a few days; need to get a bit more boat time in before we need to store it for the winter.

Everyone have a FAB day!!

themilesawaygirl
08-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Soooo here goes for my catch-up. This may take a while - this thread is SO busy!!

Zoodoo Seriously impressed with your control on the treats! I do not have your willpower. I had a mini tub of Haagen-Dazs at work today just because it was there :( I’m having clothing issues at the moment – It’s getting much colder here and I’ve got winter clothes BUT I’m going to Portugal next week where it’ll be hot! What’s a girl to do! Have you thought about layering summer clothes you have maybe?

Diana3271 I'm glad the earplugs are working for you getting a decent nights' sleep. I'm not sure I could sleep with earplugs, which is a shame as we've been woken up in the middle of the night lately by really noisy foxes. I don't know what they need to scream about at 4am! Sorry to hear about the allergist relust, how frustrating for you! Don’t stress about the peanut butter, we all have those moments! I hope you don’t have a reaction. X

Berry Sorry to hear your home was shaking but glad you’re OK. I have to be in the mood for Indian food, but I like a good spicy dish. I’ve not used paneer – I hear it’s very similar to Turkish Halloumi? What do you use it in?
Catching up – So sorry to hear about your son but glad there’s nothing broken – I hope he mends super-quickly.

Zogo Thanks for the kind words. I do have a terrible habit of getting in a strop and doing silly things when I'm drunk. I will learn moderation at some point, I've just not managed to find that element of self control in my life yet!

Jomatho I love ALL curry! When I’m cooking, to get the heat up, I just add more fresh or dried chillies. They give a good kick and are easy to add bit-by-bit until you get the spiciness you want.

DZackery I feel your struggle with the overnight gain vs week to get off dilemma, I do it to myself allll the time! Glad the scale’s going the right way for you again. I can’t imagine struggling to eat enough calories. I struggle to get them down! Strange how we’re all so different 

Mamakat I hope you can find a decent doctor that treats you well and supports your efforts to stay fit despite your difficulties. You deserve to be praised and encouraged, and given guidance to allow you to do what you want and have the determination to carry on with it in the safest possible way. With regards to the protein shakes - I'd say be really wary of them, as too much protein if it's not used won't help build muscle, it will just be processed as come out as gas! Definitely something to speak to a specialist about though. Well done to you for persevering, what strength you have :hug:

Vixsin So pleased for you about the pants! And great going on the workout too. I have had a couple of days lately where clothes have felt a tiny bit looser than they used to. Not every day as I fluctuate massively, but it's a great feeling nonetheless! I'm sure you'll look brilliant at the wedding. xx

K9 Thanks for the sympathy! I'm healing well thank goodness, think there will only be a tiny scar. Silly me. What an amazing pic of where you run! I’m jealous – it’s hard to plan routes around me that aren’t through dodgy areas or down busy pavements (sidewalks) where it’s impossible to dodge the prams and bums and gaggles of schoolkids hanging around!

Sum I live in London and there is definitely an assortment of curry on offer! I’ve still yet to get a curry on Brick Lane – think it’s something I need to add to my to-do list one day! I like to make curry too – how do you do yours? I simply couldn’t live without sugars in my diet, I’d be sooo miserable!

Itsmyturn Well done on the workout! What strength training do you do in 55 mins? I struggle sometimes with a decent routine for strength training.
Catching up – Gosh your accident sounds terrible, how awful that the driver hit-and-ran. I hope your brain issues are minor and don’t affect your life too much?

Shish You can get really mild curry flavours. I LOVE spice so I’m not the best person for mild, but curry in this country pretty much means anything with an Asian flavour, rather than the Curry plant.

Still I hope your doc sorts out your meds soon. Great work on getting some good goals and jumping back on the wagon.

Nanna7 Welcome to the thread! You definitely won’t have an issue with participation here – it’s the hardest thing for me to keep up with BUT it’s worth it for the accountability, encouragement and fascinating stories from people all over the globe!

catgirl Welcome! We have similar goals, and it seems we have similar issues with craving and those little calories adding up! Good job on the walking and the sautéed veg – have you tried grilling them on a griddle with no oil? They still taste yummy and without the extra calories from the oil used to sauté.

A massive HI to everyone I’ve missed!

Wow, well that’s taken me an hour to catch up, really need to get on with some work now. Hoping to be out of work before half 6 today to get to the gym as I had ice cream at lunch  But planning a healthy dinner tonight so all good overall.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sum38
08-25-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Curry-with-Cashews-231358

I like that recipe the best; I usually use skin and bone on chicken. I let it simmer for a long time.....

Do you live right in London? We first lived in London, and then moved to Esher Surrey. -- I am Finnish...I miss Europe :(

Sum38
08-25-2011, 11:58 AM
About sugar; IT WAS SO HARD to go off. -- I don't crave it any longer and i absolutely love how I feel; no ups and downs what comes to energy level.

K9Owner
08-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Diana: Thank you soooo much for that post. I needed it this a.m. :hug:

Zogo: WTG on 67/90 of P90x. I hate doing AbRipperX. I need to do it every other day and do good to get it in 1x/week!

JenIan: Hi there! Great to put a name with a face ;)

I thought the same thing about Zoodoo’s pants. Surely you tried them on first! And, btw ZooDoo, kudos to you for darting and hemming this a.m. before work, I would have put on the purple if they fit and walked! :D

Melissa: How’s your son today? Sore from the bike? I hope he feels better!

Donna: :bravo: on the walk. Yep! You’ll be sore the first week or so, but just keep at it!

MamaKat: I love to say “What’s UP, gf” to you! I love reading your posts. I never know what you’re going to say next. Many times, you have me :rofl: I hope you find something to do in the rain. YUCK! Hey, do me a fave, don’t send it south!! ;)

Melissa: You know, I kinda saw you as a shopper. With all of you tales about the bike, going to the thrift stores, and J. Jill, I just kinda took you for the thrifty spender.

Jo: Yeah, it is A LOT of cranberry, but I’ll tell you, I made a couple cups of the tea ahead of time and chilled it with Splenda overnight and I actually like it and the benefits! OMG! Good thing I’m NOT at the hospital while drinking it. I’ve lost 3 lbs of weekend water weight just this week! So, hey, BRING ON THE BERRIES! :rofl:

:wave: Hi Shells: You’ve come to far to say, “That’s it!” You know maintenance is no cake walk! Did I just mention cake on this thread? :rollpin:

Kristiina: Have fun on the boat. Our last trip will be Labor Day Weekend. Hopefully it will NOT rain and I can actually get to the river to go canoeing for the FIRST time all summer!
OH how I’d love to live sugar free! One day, I may get the :dust: to do it!!

Miles: OMG! I don’t know that I would have replied to every single person from Sunday, that’s a lot! WHEW! I hope you have planned a great weekend. Isn’t there a BeerFest somewhere there this weekend? Be kind to yourself if you plan to attend!

still
08-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi everyone!

Things here are good... working on day three of tracking! I've been keeping up on tracking, and yesterday only went over my calorie limit by 43 calories, so I'm counting that as a success! I also hit the gym for day 2 this week yesterday, so that was another success. Today is a day of rest from the gym. I'm fighting off the munchies with a cup of hot tea. Weigh in this AM was 173 again, so at least I haven't gained in the past couple of days.

Diana 3271- Thank you for the inspiring and perfectly timed (for me) post! You are so right!

I'll be back later for personals.... right now its time for a nap! Take care!

Nanna7
08-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Wow, didn't realize how many were actually on this thread. That's wild. But I love it. I'll do my best to keep up.....

Just finished entering stuff in on my Fitday, as a former low carber, all those carbs just didn't look right....:shrug: Guess I'll figure a way to bring it down just a tad. My Fiber One cereal put a pretty big number in there.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get up and do this walk again. Really suprised myself today.

Sum38
Krystal You are so good with personals :) I know I suck :( I kind of reply what ever, and eventually I have had a conversation with everyone :)

shishkeberry
I'm not really having a good day. I'm not sleeping enough because DF wants me to stay up all hours of the night with him and then I have to get up with the kids. I need to say no to him and just go to bed when I'm ready. I have no energy and I've been snappy and mean to everyone lately. Plus I lost my unemployment and there are no jobs around here so I'm stressed about money. :( We might have to apply for food stamps again. I hate it. I hate using that card at the store. It's so embarrassing. But yeah, we're already going to have to pay rent late next month because DD needs a new car seat. Luckily we have the coolest landlord ever but it still sucks. Buying a new car seat shouldn't be a hardship, you know? And then I wonder if I should be doing this weight loss thing. It's just going to cost us money because I'll need new clothes in a few months. And I know I should cancel my gym membership. :( sorry for being depressing but I'm just not feeling positive today.

Sum38
08-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Jo i just stopped at a health food store and picked up some cranberry juice. Do I have to drink the 36 oz at one sitting? -- (Fear kidney overload)

Sum38
08-25-2011, 02:57 PM
shishkeberry You absolutely need to take care of yourself first. You will never be able to shed weight with lack of sleep and worry!

And don't worry about the food stamps; they are there for a reason. -- You will end up paying back every penny in taxes once you return to work :)

About clothes: Salvation Army!!! Won't cost you that much for a new wardrobe :)

K9Owner
08-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Kristiina: You’re too kind, but I too, SUCK at personals!

Shishke: Hey, I was thinking the same as Kristiina about the thrift shop for clothes—even for a new carseat. They have them at goodwill ya know! Bleach it!

Ok—here’s the skinny on the cranberry.

1 cup Northland Cranberry Juice (130 cals)
54 oz water
Mix and enjoy throughout the day.

mamakat
08-25-2011, 03:50 PM
shish :hug: don't feel bad about food stamps or any help, think of your babies and how you will do anything for them. :hug: I'm sorry you're having a down day, those sure do suck. I get the staying up with the DF, I used to with my DH and I just say forget it. If I don't go to sleep before him, then I usually don't go sleep. He snores too loud for me :p O and definitely Goodwill and Salvation Army for clothes...I love those places :)

zoodoo613
08-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Shish - These are really tough times. Do what you need to do. Including getting enough sleep so you can cope with it all. You'll find a way to get through it all.

zoodoo613
08-25-2011, 04:33 PM
The counseling center I called finally called me back and I have an appointment on Monday. I'm a little nervous. I've never had any counseling before, and living with someone with a substantial mental health problem, I'm a little afraid I won't be taken seriously, because I can see just how bad it can be.

As far as I know, my husband doesn't have an appointment yet. I wish I could give him mine, but that's not the way it works. I hope he gets in soon, because he's really not doing well lately.

ItsMyTurn
08-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow :O I will try to catch everyone I missed since just YESTERDAY, LOL!

Mamakat - It's amazing how our bodies can go from one extreme to another just by the habits we form. So good to know I am not the only one with eating habits that vary so much from what they were though. I love that you have a fridge by your bed! DH wants one by his couch supplied with snacks and soda pop, LOL Sorry about the hike :(

DZackery - I would totally be stoked about the salad bar! I hope the routine works well for you!

Diane - I hope you slept well! Thank you for your post this morning :)

K9Owner - I would trade with ya:) If I could stay snacky I bet it would help in meeting my caloric intake for the day. Even if we could do it for just a week, then maybe we could get our bodies trained :lol:

berryblondeboys - painting pottery dounds like fun!!!Hope you are able to catch up on your sleep... no one wants to be a grumpy-gus

jomatho - Hope you are also able to catch up on your sleep! Wow..the house to yourself?!? I am not sure I would know what to do with that :lol:

zoodoo - Sounds like it might be time for you to shop for a few items that will fit with minimal work :) When you have to wear yourself out altering things before you can even leave to go to work, it's time to expand the wardrobe a bit :) What an awesome problem to have!!!

Donna - Way to go with the walk!!!!

Zogo - Wow... day 67 of P90X is a huge accomplishment!!!

shellsbrood - Totally understand!!! I am only at 32Lb and I do exercise often. I had 3 c-sections to have my kiddos...and my biggest fear is to develop a flap of belly pancake as I lose the weight :lol: Must NOT gain a belly pancake, must work out! LOL!

Sum - If you look lighter with the scale saying 2Lbs heavier, then you are still totally reshaping yourself and that scale is trying to disguise it... sneaky scale! You should be so proud, you look amazing!!!

Milesawaygirl - The leftover brain effects ARE minor and only annoying at times. It's mainly memory issues and periodic vertigo issues still remaining. Took months to heal to this point, but I am so very grateful to have gotten this close to the "old" me again that way. I do workouts on the total gym - quick transitions between exercises, so even though it's effective strength training, it also gets the heart rate up in good shape - sort of like circuit training in a way :) Have fun at the gym tonight!!!

shishkeberry - No need for embarrassment for food stamps - I am sure you have paid your share of taxes that make up the program and it's designed to be used as a safety net :) Check with your local GoodWill for the clothes - some have Dollar Days!!!!! Take care of YOU, cause YOU deserve it ;) You have a ton on your plate and you will get through, but only if you remember that treating YOU right, is how you remain strong enough to be there for your wonderful family :hug:

Diana3271
08-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Berry Congrats on getting rid of that water weight! Were you able to go shopping today? I hope you can get some rest tonight.

Jomatho It looks like everyone is having a tough time with the sleeping. I hope you sleep better tonight. My head wasn't in the right place yesterday when I was having the PB lunch. It wasn't a good feeling at all. I have had planned splurges before and it's OK. But I prefer to have a different mind set than I had yesterday. I got through it, though, and back on track. I thoroughly enjoyed my regular lunch today. :D

Zoodoo I would also suggest Goodwill for some clothes to get you through. I hope you can find something that will work for you. I'm glad you were able to get an appointment with the counselor. I hope one comes through for your DH soon. :hug:

Nanna Great job on that walk! :carrot:

Mamkat Hi :wave: Did you get to go out today? Sometimes staying home is fun other times, not so much.

Zogo Great job on the P90X!

Shells I don't remember the workouts that you have. Do you have any systems? You might want to try something like this: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/jillian-michaels-ripped-in-30-5970 I think it's a complete system and it has great reviews. The workouts are all around 30 minutes. The other good thing is that it's only $9.99. Here's a place with a longer video clip: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jillian-Michaels-Ripped-in-30-DVD-p/817.htm Another system that has gotten great reviews is Supreme 90. You can get that from Bed Bath and Beyond. They have coupons to get it even cheaper. I think Walmart also has it. There are some issues with everyone going at different speeds during the workout, though. You can look at video clips and reviews here: http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Supreme-90-DVD-Set-p/1056.htm and here http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/supreme-90-day-system-supreme90-9383 I have heard of people getting amazing results from Supreme 90.

Sum I hold onto a lot of water weight when I have MSG. It's bad stuff. Enjoy the cabin and time away.

Themilesawaygirl Congrats on having a great plan for dinner.

K9 Hi :wave: I used to use this cranberry juice in a similar way or add it to another juice. I have also mixed it with water and added stevia in the raw. http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-84/ There is no added sugar at all. Only pure cranberry juice. It is very tart and cannot be consumed straight. Good stuff!

Still Great job on planning, tracking, and for going to the gym! :carrot:

Shishkeberry Sorry that you are not having a good day. :hug: You have to take care of yourself in order to be there for your family. Hang in there. Things will get better. I think in our area, there is a program if you are in need of a car seat. Maybe check into it. There is help out there for you. :hug:

Itsmyturn Hi :wave: I hope you had a great day!

berryblondeboys
08-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow! Were you all chatty today!

shishkeberry You have to do what you have to do. I grew up with being on federal and state aid. it's no fun, but than goodness it's there. And about the car seat. There are places that donate car seats too. If you lived closer, I would give you Henry's old car seat. I don't know why I still have it, but it's in perfect condition = Britax Decathlon.

Mamakat Sorry no hike today, but if your weather is anything like our weather today, it's not very predictable!

K9 Maybe I am a thrifty shopper. I research things to death and shopping is fun, but it stresses me out too (which is probably why I talk about it a lot).

Diana3271I hope you aren't beating yourself up about the higher calorie day yesterday and the PB Pie. You had a slice. You didn't eat the whole pie and you have been craving it for a long time. So, don't feel like you did something wrong. You didn't.

Those are the things that stuck out for personals for now. might be back later for more.
Had fun with my mentee. She painted something for her Mom and my little guy painted two christmas ornaments. After that I had lunch wtih my mentee. I had a burger and onion rings. I only ate a bit over half of my burger and the rings. And about an hour later I felt awful. Even though I ate less than I used to, it's heavier food than I'm used to. Yuck!

I dropped her off and the dealt with getting stuff for my new part time job. The person who used to havet his job is a friend of mine and she and another friend were sorting through the materials as so much of it is dated. Problem is, this friend, who I really do like, is a bit of a hoarder. Her house is one big pile of papers and boxes - everywhere. She's had these 20 boxes in her house for 6 years and she's just NOW sorting through them... and she'll open ever puzzle to see what's all there... and it's not like we will ever use those puzzles. I wish I could have just grabbed all 20 boxes and taken them home and sorted them myself with maybe committee help. She has the best intentions, but can't seem to let things go easily. Me? I'll pitch it!

But now it's 6 pm and I need to figure out dinner. I'm already at my calorie limit for the day, but I also just ate a snack at 5:30 pm, so I should be good for the day. The idea of food right now is bleck!

ItsMyTurn
08-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Diana - Hi to you too!!!!!! :) My day is far from over, still not home from work and can't even leave here for over another hour-ish. Then drive in gridlock for another hour, LOL... so worth it to get home though! So far, so good on the day :D I love all the information you offer up to others! That is so awesome!

berryblondeboys - It sounds like you all had super fun painting!!! Can I ask a super silly, and probably stupid question? What/who is a mentee? I have never heard this term before. That is the only part I didn't get. Is it like a child in the big brother/big sister type setting? Or a family member? Curiosity was killing me, so had to risk looking foolish to ask.