20-Somethings BL Corner - Autumn Beauties Week 4 chat 8/22 - 8/28

MeliZ
08-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Here's our week 4 chat thread!
I know it's early, but I didn't want to forget since I have to get up super early for work in the morning and planned on curling up with a movie before bed. You can keep posting in the other thread until tomorrow morning or go ahead and start using this one if you'd like.
A few of our team members are going to be out of the competition unless they get on and post their weight tonight. Hoping that they all do! If not, we'll make a post tomorrow with an update of that information.
Good luck this week! Looking forward to hearing from everyone in this week's thread.
Go team autumn beauties! :grouphug:

MeliZ
08-22-2011, 08:59 PM
So, how is everyone today? Hope everyone had a great Monday! Things are going pretty well here - training for work this week, so a bit stressful but I'm managing. And it's keeping me busy at work so I'm not overeating! Was able to lose the weight I had gained over the weekend pretty fast, so I'm thinking it was sodium weight. Have officially lost 5 lbs since I started a month and a half ago! So, that's something.

PinkSnowDays
08-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Hey all! Today began the true test for me.... maintaining a normal exercise pattern and keeping my calories in check during the school year as we started back with two weeks of training before the students come this week. So far so good, hit the gym for an hour and got a good mile walk in with my dog tonight. I'm really hoping this challenge will help hold me accountable when things get crazy and I'm back working 70 hours a week.

PacSunMama
08-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey gals! Just checking in to say hi. I'm trying not to weigh myself every day. This will be the week I get into Onederland, no matter what!

Sibi
08-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Just dropping by to say hey. Haven't been been feeling the greatest the last few days. I hope I feel better soon.

MeliZ
08-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Sorry I didn't do this yesterday - wasn't sure if I was supposed to be posting the stats or if SMS was going too.

Autumn Beauties Week 3
Biggest Loser
Sibi -3.4 (1.62%)

Honorable Mentions:
Kamsmoma -1.80 (.93%)
Megsmix -1.80 (.67%)

Eliminated from competition:
alsten02
lilneezy
my2cats
savanahfloc
skittlez
streeps
snowwolf

1 freebie used:
s rosa
Lainey M
Ashley 329
pacsunmama

Good job everyone.

MeliZ
08-23-2011, 08:02 PM
PinkSnowDays, great start!

PacSun, good luck getting to onederland. :)

Sibi, feel better.

PinkSnowDays
08-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Where is everyone?!

Had a pretty good day today. Didn't spend as much time tonight in the gym as I had hoped but at least I got there and did cardio for a good half hour and then some crunches. Got my walk in tonight as well with the puppy and it even ended in a bit of a jog as we got caught in a storm on the way home. Guess that was karma's way of telling me I should of pushed harder at the gym ;)

PacSun - Whoo hoo!! Congrats I know you will make it!
Sibi - I hope you feel better soon!! Congrats at being on the top last week! Yay!
Meliz - thanks for organizing everything for us!

mhill0823
08-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I GOT MY PROMOTION!!!!!!! :)

Hope everyone is having a great week!!! :)

PacSunMama
08-24-2011, 04:34 AM
mhill congrats!!

SMSDREAMER2007
08-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Hey all both team results have been posted. Go see which team won!

Sibi
08-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Woo! Yay for being biggest loser!

Though... I have a feeling I won't be very high up there this week. *cough*

So I am feeling better but I have not done any exercise this week so that will probably hurt the scale. Ah well. If I have a pound lost I'll be happy and look for that big number again next week.

Congrats on the promotion, Mhill! That is so awsome!

PinkSnowDays
08-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Congrats mhill!!

Hey ladies! Quick check in... calories in check today for me but no gym... I have a ton of cleaning/organizing to do tonight but will still be getting a walk in at least :). Hope everyone is doing good!

MeliZ
08-24-2011, 09:51 PM
mhill, CONGRATULATIONS!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Sibi, congratulations on being our teams biggest loser for the week!! Also, feel better soon.

Pinksnow, good job on keeping your calories in check. :)

On a team level, we need to :kickbutt: this week. The other team is winning! Anyone have any ideas on how to get everyone psyched up again? We seem to have lost half our team in the transition, sadly. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

I'm doing all right despite being super busy. Training at work is officially over for now, but I'm still getting my feet under me with the new stuff. I gained a little even though I've been on target the past week, so I'm not sure how that happened. Maybe my TOM? But, those have been terrible since I got off the birth control 6 months ago. And no, I'm not pregnant - I've triple checked, haha.

Had a bit of an upset today. My husband and my anniversary was the beginning of August. My parents sent me a present to my husband's families, since we live in an apartment. And we never received it. So today, I get this call from my mother-in-law. Apparently, some delinquent 10-year-olds have been stealing packages and cards and such from people's mailboxes and doorsteps and seeing if there was anything of value inside. They stole my anniversary present and the police found it in the woods all beat up. My mom had hand made me boxes with our pictures on it - one for me, one for him, and one for our wedding, and inside were sentimental things from our relationship and each of us growing up and some silver charms. The boxes are all torn up and everything from inside + the charms is lost.. So that was a bit heartbreaking today. Trying to pull myself together again.

Avoided eating my feelings though, which is a plus.

Anyway, just needed to vent about that for a second. Thanks for listening!

We definitely need to do some team building thing though, so please let me know any ideas you have. We are a weight losing "family". :)

KamsMoMa
08-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey ladies. Sorry I haven't been posting. I've been extremely busy. I'm still on plan with diet & exercise :)...I will be checking in with you girlies all week :) Checking in with you all everyday really helps me stay on track..

Congrats MHILL :)

megmix
08-25-2011, 02:55 AM
mhill - Congrats on your promotion! Woohoo!

Sibi - Congrats on being our team's biggest loser!

MeliZ - I'm sorry about the lost gift. :hug: It sounded awesome. Good on you for not turning to food to cope.

I've been feeling a bit low energy lately. I took two days off from exercise instead of one. Today I managed to walk 3 miles and while I felt good and sweated a bit, I still feel a bit tired. I'm going to try to get my sleep schedule back to normal. That's probably the culprit behind this. I'll try to check in daily as well, just to be more accountable.

Hope everybody is doing well! Love you all!

mhill0823
08-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone!!!!

Meliz- so sorry about your gift:( that is so awful

SMSDREAMER2007
08-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey all you awesome autumn beauties!!

We were talking over in the lovely leaves thread and were wondering, how would you feel about adding weekly challenges to the competition? I.e. spend all week on plan, Drink 64oz of water a day. Or even things that dont pertain to weight loss like say. Help one person every day. Or Do one thing nice for YOURSELF every day for a week. Thoughts?

KamsMoMa
08-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi SMS-- I love the ideal of adding challenges... I like the spend all week on plan & water challenge.

MeliZ
08-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Sounds good to me! I had actually mentioned earlier something about needing something to do as a team, so that would work. :)

mhill0823
08-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I like the sound of challenges!

MeliZ
08-26-2011, 08:28 AM
So any of you have any challenge ideas?

I think the other team now has more members than us, so we need to come up with ideas that we could still have a chance at winning with less members!

MeliZ
08-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Update about me: today is my official weigh in for the week and I weighed in at 252.2 which is a 1.4 lb loss. Yaye!

KamsMoMa
08-26-2011, 10:00 PM
@Meliz- Congrats on your 1.4lb lost :)

Check-in:: I did TF HIIT 15 & I danced around my backyard to my playlist on my Zune for a hour.. Worked up a very good sweat.. Despite my headache, I still managed to get a good workout in...

MeliZ
08-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Thank you! Weighed in the same this morning, so I believe it now. I tend to fluctuate a lot, haha.

Packing up my apartment fully today.. Ugh! So much work. So if I'm slightly MIA the next few weeks, it's because I'm moving. But I still have my iphone so will try to check in every day or two. Officially moving next Saturday.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Don't forget to post your weights by tomorrow night.

PinkSnowDays
08-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Hey Ladies! I can't believe how fast weekends go! Had a pretty good day today, when over my calories after an unexpected visit from friends that was much needed!... But I still got a great workout in at the gym and a mile walk in tonight! Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow!

Kams - You are kicking butt at working out!! Keep it up!
Meliz - Congrats on the WL!!

PacSunMama
08-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey guys! SO I have been totally caught up in life and not trying hard/at all. Still here, but I gained 0.2 this week. I'm going to try to kick it up this week again. I feel like I'm losing my momentum and drive, have been for awhile. I have so much going on, it's overwhelming. I'm not giving up all the way though.;)

megmix
08-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I feel like I'm losing my momentum and drive, have been for awhile.

To be honest, I feel the same way. While I'm doing okay food-wise (counting calories, eating healthy, staying within my limit, etc) I've been slipping off with exercise. I may have started too strongly and have worn myself out. It felt that way at the beginning of the week. My mood has also been a bit low. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't exercised much this week or if it's a natural low. I have different workout DVDs I'll try out to give WATP a rest for a bit. It sucks feeling like this and I'm going to try to get myself out of this funk.

I hope my fellow Beauties are doing better!

MeliZ
08-28-2011, 08:54 PM
It happens, don't get discouraged! Just keep trudging along. You guys are doing great.

To my whole team, don't forget to record your weigh-in's. Only a few hours left!

MeliZ
08-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Heading to bed. I'll get on before work in the morning to make the new thread and should have the weigh-in's posted tomorrow night. Hope everyone does well!

I think we're going to start challenges this week. From what SMS and I talked about, I think it'll be each team doing a challenge separately, so we're not competing against the other team, just each other to be the best on our team and promote team bonding. I'm thinking about doing a water drinking one for the first one to get us started - any thoughts?

PacSunMama
08-29-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm totally up for water drinking, I'll throw down on that one! ;)

MeliZ
08-29-2011, 08:27 AM
New thread is up here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/241925-autumn-beauties-week-5-chat-8-29-9-4-a.html#post4011192
so don't forget to subscribe.
Challenge started. Have a great week!