WW Clubs and Groups - #261 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

View Full Version : #261 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

Itryharder
08-20-2011, 09:54 AM
:carrot: :welcome3:
We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

CherryAutumn
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Judy - :hug: Thanks for the encouragement. That is truely what a friend would do. I know I can get through this if I get through that first bad craving I have about 2 or 3 days after a pizza. That will probably be tomorrow evening. I know I can find a healthier choice to get through the evening. I got some Lavish bread and may put lots of veggies and a little sauce and put that in the oven.

Terri- Thanks for the encouragement from you to.

Seabiscuit- Welcome! 3 pounds down is great. Keep up the good work.

seabiscuit
08-20-2011, 07:18 PM
hi everyone, thanks so much for the encouragement and inspiring words!

I was actually rather discouraged this morning because I weighed in on my gym scale instead of the WW scale, and it showed I maintained at 231, and I had been 234 at my doc's a week or two ago so I did lose 3 lbs, yay, but I was 229 on Wed. at my doc's. I felt so frustrated, cried and felt really upset that I had gained back some weight, but it did make me turn down my favorite chocolate croissant today and go exercise yay! I am determined to lose weight this week. I know I can do this and just have to take it one thing at a time.

I hope you are all doing well.

Amy

life4evr
08-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I am doing okay this week. Not feeling too good. It is a combination between sinus and allergies. Took some bendryl yesterday and I was knocked out for like 12 hrs.

Eating has been so so. McDonalds nuggets and their fries are my weakness. Other than that Just gearing up for a long work week.

Trying to get back to the gym haven't suceeded yet.

bandit2
08-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Hi turtles:

Seabiscuit - Welcome to our group! I am sure you will fit right in with us - great group of ladies here with lots of tips & inspiration.

Princess - Congrats on your weight loss this week, that is awesome!

Terri - hope you had a nice weekend!

Judy - sounds like you are doing well, which is great to hear.

Cherry - I know what it is like giving in to binges, we have all done that
Just get back at it & you will be right back on track with things.

I had a good weekend camping with my gfs - there were 7 of us altogether &
4 stayed in the camper & 3 in a big tent & we also had a huge dining tent
Weather was OK overall but we did get rain Sat night so missed our campfire 1 night but we got in lots of walking and some swims even though the lake was on the cool side. I love the water so if its is there I am in it, since
our summers are on the short side.

Anyway, lots of snacking which I expected so really have to buckle down
for my upcoming weigh in this Thurs.

All - good luck everyone this week!

terrod99
08-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Hey All Happy Monday!

Amy please don't weigh yourself on different scales stick to one scale, and once a week!!!!!! All scales weigh different, you are probably still 229 or less!!!!
I work for a family doctor, everyday I weigh people every day they say "that not what I weigh on my home scale" so please don't be obsessed with the scale stay away from it!!! Let your body tell you, you will feel the loss in your clothes,and how you feel.

Gals We are keepin on and at it!!! We are doing this!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Terri

Princess1122
08-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Wow, that was a super short weekend!

We went to the state fair on Saturday and had a nice time, ate way too many bad things but it is done and over with and only one day a year! The stage is still laying in the grand stand area and they are there actively doing the investigation so it is sad to see it but hopefully they will find out what happened so that it won't happen again. That is the thing about storms in the midwest, they are unpredictable and come up very fast sometimes with straight line winds that can bring down a very large building... It is just so flat here that there is little to stop it once it gets started.

Got a couple of mini walks in over the weekend but nothing major, will work on it.

Seabiscuit:Welcome, we are so glad to have you with us! I totally agree with Terri, stick to one scale and use that number, let the rest go. Hope you have a great week!

Judy: How did the Luau go? I thought of you yesterday, I was driving to Sam's club and saw a billboard that is an advertisment for anyone that wants to participate in a study for people that have been diagnosed with cronic hives, I forget the name of the company doing it but at least someone is looking into treatments, etc - heres to hoping they find something that might help you!

Bandit: A girls weekend sounds wonderful and time in the water is always a plus in my book too! Hope you get back into your groove with eating, work, home, etc. soon!

Life: Glad you are still checking in and keep at it, you will get back into it soo!

Cherry: Totally agree with Judy's post! I understand and am a lot like you... the pizza and things like that get me everytime! Keep at it, I have faith that you found something that works for you, now you just need to work the program and stay as onplan as you can!

Terri: We are the same way down here... some years we get a ton of snow and others not so much, just depends I guess. I hope you have a great week!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
08-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi Turtles,
:welcome3: to Seabiscuit! You'll love our group. I guess my bit of input is redundant. They all had great advice! Good luck today.

Cherry, loved the idea of the lavash bread and veggies/sauce. Keep on keepin' on. :chef:

Bandit, glad you had such a great time with girlfriends. You're lucky to have such a full social life with good buddies. :swim:

Princess, yes, I've been in the midwest when out of nowhere, the sky turned, the air changed and a tornado moved right through town. The "old timers " laughed at dh and me because we were worried, but they said it was a mini-tornado. Seemed big enough to me! Today's a new day for food.
and :strong: We can do this!

Life4evr, have a good work week and keep on! :grouphug:

Terri, what great advice to Seabiscuit. That scale readings makes great sense to me. :goodscale:

Weekend was good. Luau was so much work. The weather forecast was for storms and thunder, rain, etc. Day dawned instead with plenty of sun and gorgeous. Since we had planned for indoor party and decorated inside, we had tons of work to do. I hosed down our extra plastic chairs, cut the whole lawn, set up the bar table outside, etc. etc. It was a lot of work and I felt very blessed that we had catered the party so I didn't have to cook also. The party turned out to be a good time, people stayed late and ended up playing music on a banjo and washboard. Isn't that funny? Here we are in NY playing crazy music. My dh plays the uke and he and his nephews enjoy playing. Nice hobby.

I haven't weighed myself. Although I was careful, I'm sure I went over points plus and the salt from the Chinese food does me in every time. Yesterday food was good. I'm hoping for a good WI on Wed. Weather has broken here, so I'm planning on getting to the beach for a nice boardwalk walk. :beach:

Gotta run-----lose these posts. Keep them coming. It's wonderful knowing so many people who go through the same things I do and keep up their efforts!
Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner! :cool:

seabiscuit
08-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Hey everyone :)

Thanks so much everyone for the welcomes!!! So touched!

life4ever, I totally hear ya on allergies!! they are so difficult, hope you feel better. Mickie D's is a weakness of mine too. Have you tried the grilled chicken sandwich? Maybe try getting just a small fry and grilled chicken sandwich or grilled chicken wrap, if they still have them?

bandit, sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for the kind words, I am really enjoying this group :)

terrod, thanks for the great advice and you have a great perspective!

princess, I love your doggie running on the treadmill - how cute!! :) That's great that you got some walks in, don't discount that, everything positive helps! I love fairs too. How did you do with the food there?

itryharder, thanks for the big welcome!! ;) We've had rain here too, so sick of it. I grew up in NY, are you from there?

I am a bit concerned about my weight this week because I made some poor choices the other night and then had cake and chips last night, and may have them again tomorrow, plus have a picnic coming up. It's just all these dinners and get togethers are a little difficult on my eating. I think I'll see if we can get something healthy instead of chips tonight, maybe pretzels and maybe just have a small piece of cake since we already have leftover cake in the fridge.

I plan on exercising soon but I have to take it easy on my foot because I just had an injection in my foot.

I really want to lose this week.

I will only weigh myself this Saturday, and stick to the Y scale, thanks for the great advice :cool:

I hope you are all doing well, what else is up and new with all of ya?!?!?!

terrod99
08-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Hey All !!!

Monday was a good day I felt in control, I drank "some" water, (does green tea count?) had a small walk at lunch and I felt like my eating was pretty good!! I went to bed feeling exhausted from a long day at work but my belly didn't feel bloated, over full!!! One day at a time! Bring on tuesday!!!!

Wish I had more time but must get ready for work! We are doing this gals! Keep at it!!!

Terri

Princess1122
08-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! A very pretty sunny day here, rain tomorrow but that is ok since I have my knitting tomorrow evening but tonight it will be clear so we can at least take the dogs around the park once which we did again last night. The German Shep is just not getting enough exercise so we are trying to take him out for at least a little bit each evening.

The youngest DS is coming to have supper with DH and I tonight so that will be fun... he is bringing some laundry for me to do and in exchange he can help DH put a new deck box together... works for me!

Seabiscuit: I did not do great in my eating at the fair but could have done worse... got a few things that I really wanted and let the rest go so overall I don't think I did terrible but could have better. A bit about me: I am a project coordinator and am currently doing contract work. My contract here is up at the end of Sept and I am looking forward to taking some time off and then will look for another contract job. I live in the Indianapolis area and have since the mid 90's, originally from the east coast. DH and I just became empty nesters about a year or so ago and grand parents for the first time about 7 months ago which we are enjoying very much. I love to knit, read, work around my home, cook and bake.

Bandit: How is your week going so far?

Judy: Are you all back together after having a very busy weekend?

Life: Allergies get me too... ugh, if I take any of the meds I can not function so I kind of muddle through for the most part.

Terri: Sounds like you are back on track which is wonderful!

Cherry: How are you doing so far this week?

life4evr
08-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone. So my eating has been so so. It is always a little off when I work third. So now I am baking my mom a cake since today is her birthday. She bakes for everyone else so I figured I would show her what she taught me. LOL.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am going to renew my gym membership soon. That's all everyone have a good day.

CherryAutumn
08-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone I am still here. Like life4evr my eating has been so so. I have been thinking about changes I can make to help get me back on the road to weight loss. I need to make sure to get all my water in each day and to watch the carbs. I think I am eating to many carb portions.

Itryharder
08-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Seabiscuit,
You're doing great. I like your idea of substituting better choices for chips, etc. I have frozen shrimp in the freezer already cooked in the bag. I love shrimp and although I love chips, the salsa with celery or a shrimp w/cocktail sauce helps me get through it. For dessert I try to have a diet jello-/cool whip type available in case I want to be super good. Watermelon is a great dessert this time of year.

Life4evr, your baking a cake for your Mom's :hb: is really lovely! She'll appreciate it.

Cherry, you've made wonderful progress with what you were doing. Are you ready to make a shift in eating again to keep going? I only ask this because when I'd do Nutri-system, I'd get tired of it, put back a lot of weight and then try WW's again. I'm pulling for you to figure out what will work for you.
I know you can do this and you're had great success.

Wow----so weird-----I just felt the tremor of the east coast earthquake. Very mild, but weird. It seemed to last about a minute and I'm a little shaken.

Okay, Princess, so nice to give your background. Here's mine----retired elementary school teacher. Married, three married children, three grandchildren. Two of my children live here on L.I. and can visit often. My dh and I like to have murder mystery parties and we also throw a few annual parties yearly. We entertain family a lot and I've had to figure out what dishes I can serve to keep on Weight Watchers.

Okay----gotta run. I'll respond more later.
Luau was fun. Eating on Sunday was great. Dd arrived on Monday night for a visit and we had Chinese take out. The food was low calorie (egg drop soup and I added steamed broccoli and chicken to it----half portion) but salt retention high---didn't weigh myself today, but hoping for a good WI tomorrow.

Judy
234.6/197/180's and lower :cool:

Princess1122
08-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Wednesdy to you all. Nice day here today but they are calling for rain this afternoon and tonight. We need it so no complaints. My veggie garden has just not produced much this year at all, between the spring rains and the summer heat and lack of rain it has just been too hard on it I fear but will let it play out till after labor day and see what I can get from it.

DS came for supper last night, we just did burgers on the grill and kept it at that which was fine with me! I was in bed and asleep last night by 8:30 and it felt great! I really need to do that more often because when the alarm goes off at 4:30 I don't feel near as tired and that really makes the rest of the day better.

No big expectations about W/I this week for me with the fair and all but would be happy with a Turtle!

I hope that everyone has a great day!

Itryharder
08-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi Turtles,
Well, I'll be going to my WI in a little while. I hope I at least turtle. My dh is dieting really hard right now. My scale is no longer accurate because it's a doctor type and you have to move the weights and we're in different starting weights. That's as clear as mud, but short story is my scale reading isn't bad---so I hope the WW scale is even better.

Princess, sorry you haven't gotten lots of veggies this year. Hopefully you'll get a nice batch with the rain and lesser heat that we're getting now---I hope so. Good luck at your WI.

Food has been good. Got to the boardwalk again yesterday. Feeling the "fall blues" coming my way, so I'll need to dig out my light box and start using it. I can't let myself get sad because of light deprivation.

Have a great day, everyone!!!!!
Judy
234.6/197/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
08-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - Always good to get some extra sleep when you can and it is great
when you actually feel like you have had a good rest.
Judy - Good luck at your weigh in today.

I have been struggling abit this week (since my camping trip with extras)
each day starts off good but by bedtime I have had some extras I didn't need. I missed my Tops weigh in last week since I was camping & now
received email saying it will be "weigh in" only and no meeting this week & they moved up the time which I can't make. So that will be 2 weeks with no official weigh in - so really have to get back on track for my weigh in beginning of Sept. Also am on holidays next week & will be at trailer for some of that time which is always a challenge.

All - hope you are all losing weight, feeling great & drinking some extra water!

Itryharder
08-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Bandit, here's to a great day. :cheer:

Just back from WI. Down 1# and am happy I lost weight this week. I am working toward those 180's and I'm determined to make it. Chipping away and then chipping away some more! :goodscale"

Best to everyone! Keep up the good work and drink that water.
Judy
234.6/197.4/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
08-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Judy: Congrats! That is awesome!

bandit2
08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Judy - Good for you!

Princess - good luck to you too!

I was reading my book at lunch & read a chapter about "Attitude is everything" and was right on the mark. If we think we can't or think it is too hard - then that will be the outcome.
So, lets all get some positive stuff going (like Judy & the scale went down)

My goal this week is to be more positive, plan ahead & have success with this!

life4evr
08-25-2011, 01:19 AM
Hope everyone is well.

Judy congarts on your loss. So today was weigh in for I am up 1.5# which I m not really surprised one too many trips to fast food. So hopefully a better week of eating for me this week.

terrod99
08-25-2011, 07:19 AM
Hey All week is going good!!!

Had 2 -1 hour walks with a gal from work, she lives a few blocks away so we met the last 2 mornings for a brisk walk before getting ready for work, have upped the water intake, eating not so bad!!!

Judy we are going to make it to the 180's!!!!! We are doing it!!!

Bandit I am feeling positive, Fall is coming which means routine for me I do better with routine, I am getting back at it.

Princess too bad about your veggies, you'll have to hit the farm market.

Cherry, Life and Amy you girls keep at it ok?

Terri

Princess1122
08-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! The week is going by fairly quickly and that is a wonderful thing! I am going to Stiches Midwest in Schamburg Illinios on Saturday, it is about a 4 hour drive each way so it will be a long day but with a bit of planning I think it will be fine... and I am excited, it is my first trip to a fiber fest of this size, there will be over 500 vendors there so a ton of yarn, etc to look at.

Have my meeting and W/I tonight... keeping my fingers crossed! I am really hoping to find the motivation to get my butt in gear and get back to going to the gym on a regular basis, I find that I can manage my stress and other aspects of my daily life when I have a regular exercise routine in place... so I will work on that!

Judy: A huge congrats to you! You will be in the 180's in no time!

Bandit: Totally agree with you, positive thinking is a huge part of this journey... I will try and work on that also!

Cherry: How is your week going?

Life: 1.5 is not too bad and I'll bet you will have a better week this time around.

Terri: That is fabulous! I need to find a walking partner or just get my butt moving and walk the dogs in the morning... makes the day start off nice.

Seabiscuit: How are you doing today? Have you tried any new recipes lately that were good and low points? We do a lot of grilling this time of year but even that is getting to be routine, I need to find some new yummy things to make to spice things up a bit.

Have a great day all!

CherryAutumn
08-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Well weigh in was yesterday and I stayed the same. I will take it and just work harder this week.

Judy- Congrats on the 1 pound down this week. No I am not tired of Nutrisystem yet I just have to get control of my carb cravings again. I am not ready to give up yet or for a change but I know i always have the WW option.

Princess, Bandit, terri and Life4evr- Good to see everyones posts. Hope everyone else has a good weigh-in and week to.

Itryharder
08-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Life4evr, you'll do fine this week. We're all pulling for you. I feel a change in the air, like Terri says, and we'll be on a good routine. :goodscale:

Terri, :tread: with a buddy is so great. I used to walk around my neighborhood for 3 miles with a WW buddy. She talked the whole time, but it was worth it because that much exercise is really good for me.

Princess, enjoy the fabric fest. :balloons:It sounds wonderful! I'm sure you can plan to bring good snacks with you and even a sandwich and seltzer for lunch if you want. You'll certainly be walking around a lot.

Oops, Cherry, I hope I didn't overstep my bounds. I was relating how I reacted to Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig. You're doing great. Keep up the good work! :bravo:

Am working really hard to get rid of this extra weight. When I get into the 180's I'll still be heavy since I'm only 5'4", but I'll feel so much better. I bet every single one of you knows what I mean. :grouphug:
Have a great day. We're in the middle of a storm before the hurricane comes in. I think my ds and his family won't be able to make this weekend which is too bad.
Judy
234.6/197.4/180's and getting closer :cool:

life4evr
08-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey everyone. I am okay. My salt intake is just outta control. Too many fast food trips. I am on my last night of work for this week thank god. I have over time this week. So it has been extra long.

Itryharder I am only 5'4" also. I think I was 180 like ten yrs ago which was high school. Granted I wasn't skinny but I was no where as big as I thought I was I guess compared to everyone else I was.

Anyone just popping in before I head off to work. Lets send out some will power dust that I do not hit up the fast food place after work. That has been my downfall. Salty fries.

Itryharder
08-25-2011, 05:50 PM
sending :goodvibes: and will power dust to Life4 that she avoids the salty fries and has something that will help her! Yeah. You're doing great and you're doing this one day at a time.
Judy

terrod99
08-26-2011, 07:11 AM
One Day at a time!

Is working for me, 3 days 3 walks, went alone this am, buddy is on vacation for the next week, thinking I could go to the Y in the am next week.

Feeling the end of summer panick! I wanted to do stuff, and only 1 week and a few days left, have 2 more vacation days next week so will have some sort of summer fun, mind you September is just as nice, cooler nights I don't mind that at all!
Hope no one is too close to the east coast Irene sounds like she is going to be a bad one! We are going to feel her effect on Tuesday, so the weather man says.

So I am keepin at and feeling very positive, that we can do this!!! Now must get on the scale!!!!! eeeeeeeeek!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Terri

Princess1122
08-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Very tired today, after getting a good nights sleep earlier this week I have had almost no good sleep since and it is starting to show big time! leaving work today a bit early and will go home and get my house work and laundry done and then I am going to bed!!! I have to get up very early tomorrow morning for our trip to Illinois which will be fun and I want to enjoy it so am going to do what I know I need to do in order to have a great day!

I was up 1.2 lbs at W/I last night - not good - need to get my act together.

Have a great day all... I have to run!

bandit2
08-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Morning, turtles:

Life - here's hoping you avoid the fries, those things are yummy but I find if I have them one day that lead to more days then I get made at myself.
You can do it!

Terri - Nice job on the walks & I know what you mean about routine -
once you get on a roll it gets easier to make the time, then you feel so much better and keep going. Good for you.

Cherry - hope your week goes well and your scale goes down.

Judy - you sound really foccussed right now, which is great!

Princess - you can shake off that pesky pound in no time, but I know how
frustrating seeing that scale go up can be. Even if I am only down 1/4#
just makes me feel so much more motivating for the upcoming week.

I am on holidays this week and hoping for some good weather. Right now
it is overcast but should get sunny later. My gf is coming tomorrow and we
are going to make salmon for dinner, so that should be yummy.

So summer winding down, fall is always a nice time of year as well.

All - have a great week.

Princess1122
08-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Bandit: Have a great holiday, enjoy your time off and your visit with your friend!

Itryharder
08-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Hi Turtles,
Well, we're gearing up for the storm here. I'm on Long Island, NY. If it hits as hard as they're saying, I may not have electricity for awhile. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, Princess, I remember you saying you have really nice plans for the weekend. Enjoy. :swim:

Bandit, have a good time with your friend and your vacation. Sounds good.

Yesterday I got on the :tread: because it was too hot to walk on the boardwalk. Also got a dip in the pool. Dd and grandson came for a short visit before the storm appears. Food is good, but I am hungry. Trying to not eat as much fruit as I had been before. That should show up on the scale.

Terri, you're on a roll. Weigh to go! You'll break that 190 pound mark very soon! :goodscale:

Gotta run and get some rest.

Wishing everyone well.

Cherry, Life4evr, Seabiscuit----keep on keepin' on!
Judy

CherryAutumn
08-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey to everyone posting!

Judy- Nope you did not overstep the boundries by talking of your experiences with the program. I just feel that I have always given up so easy and I am trying not to let that be the case this time. Oh I am also 5'4" and I am aiming for about 185 atleast since that is what i weighed when I got married.

Bandit- Just keep on turtlin' you can do it.

Hello to Princess and life4evr.
Also a quick hello to Terri and Seabiscuit.

Itryharder
08-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks Cherry! I know what you mean about 185#. It's a great point to aim for-----and then I'll chip away again once I reach there.

Well, I've got the internet and electricity back. Yahoo! I actually dieted today even though we didn't have electricity. I am so proud of myself. I hope I get a good payoff at the scale on Wed. Went just about 24 hours without electric. Strong winds, fewer rain than we thought we'd have. The wind gusts are wild, though, and every once in awhile they gear up again!

So nice to see you are all doing well.
Best wishes to Princess, Bandit, Life4evr, Terri, Cherry, and Seabiscuit! We are doing this!
Judy

CherryAutumn
08-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Judy- I hope you have a great weigh-in. I hope you made it ok through the storm. My weigh-ins are on Wed. also so I hope we both see a loss this week.

Bandit- Hope you have a good time. Enjoy yourself.

Princess, Terri, Life4evr and Seabiscuit- Hello to everyone. Hope you had a good weekend.

Princess1122
08-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all. Had a great time at Stitches Midwest on Saturday, did the best I could with my food choices but there were very limited so we will just have to wait and see. Yesterday the kids came for a late lunch and we hung around outside on the deck since it was a beautiful day and very cool for August. We did grilled chicken and roasted red potatoes and a salad with a loaf of whole wheat bread from the bakery. It was a nice day - I think that over all I did ok with food but am thinking that I still went over my points. I did a lot of walking on Saturday but not yesterday, my back was very sore from the car ride the day before... it was 4 hours each way so it was a long day. I did manage to snag some beautiful yarn though!

Judy: I was thinking about you all weekend and praying for the very best outcome for you guys! So glad you are safe and congrats on staying on plan through the whole thing!

Bandit: Hope you are enjoying your holiday!

Cherry: Hope your week is going well!

Seabisuit: How are you doing?

Terri: Hope you are doing well up your way and not to effected by the storm.

Life: How are you doing?

I have to run - have a great day ladies!

terrod99
08-30-2011, 06:59 AM
Hey All

Judy glad your ok and on plan!!!

Princess just a cloudy windy day Sunday then back to nice weather here so no problems.

Cherry you are doing great don't stress about the weigh in, you are not going to give up!!!!!!

Today I will drink lots of water, move a bit more and we will do this!!!

Terri

Princess1122
08-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Things are chugging along here and DH and I took the dogs for a walk last evening, only about a mile but at least it was something!

I have a busy day ahead so I need to get moving but I hope that everyone is doing ok!

Itryharder
08-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi Turtles,
Kids still here with us since their electricity isn't back yet. I'm trying hard to stay on track, but the "extras" in the house-----people, noise, food-----make it harder. So, now I need to accept this as a challenge and do the very best I can. WI is tomorrow and I've done so well. Don't want to blow it now.

Good luck to everybody. Princess, good to hear you got a walk in. I should do that today. It's beautiful out.

Judy

seabiscuit
08-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi there,

I haven't been doing that great. I stopped counting my points about 5 days ago, maybe a little more, just got so busy :dizzy: and a bit discouraged. I have a lot of health issues which I am tending to and they take time. I just finished tackling one of them for now, so hopefully that will give me more time to focus on WW again. I saw my doc and I gained some weight. :( So now I am higher than my starting weight at WW. I want to exercise, just have been so tired- which is one of my medical problems, iron deficient anemia. I just finished getting iron infusions for that and I am all bruised from the IVs. I am getting a procedure which will help me out, I think. Being stuck so many times from the IVs was upsetting. Not always but sometimes when I get upset, I overeat. Plus, I am in a new relationship where I have been eating out a lot.

Well, thanks so much for listening. I really want to get this weight off and get back on WW. I hope you are all well. I really love this supportive thread. ;)

CherryAutumn
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Seabiscuit- Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I hope you are able to focus and dig in to the WW program. It does work if you work the program. Hope you are feeling much better soon.

Terri- Thanks for the encouragement.

Judy- You seem to be doing so well with all the added stresses. I can see how it would make it harder to do the right thing.

Princess- I hope your busy day went well. Good job on the exercise. Every little bit helps.

Bandit- How is your week going?

Life4evr- Are you hanging in there?

Princess1122
08-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all... busy week here for me and a stressful one... I am ready for it to be over with! Three day weekend coming up and they are calling for rain here for a large part of it so I am thinking this is a great opportunity for me to get to the gym and also get caught up on some sleep.

Seabiscuit: Totally understand how you feel, I just keep gaining over the last few weeks... the scale is very high for me right now and I got on it this morning and just about cried... Keep at it and I hope you feel better!

Cherry: Sounds like you doing good.

Judy: Hang in there!

Itryharder
08-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, it's almost the end of the summer and we've all gotten through. Some of us have been able to chip away some of our weight, some have gained, and some are about the same.

Seabiscuit, I'm so glad you chimed in. We've all been through what you're going through, and I do mean all. Many times the only reason I didn't throw in the towel was because I knew I'd gain 8# without even turning around. So, take a deep breath, factor in your medical issues, try the WW "cheat sheet" for the type of restaurant you're going to with your new friend to help you plan ahead----or go on the site of the restaurant to figure out the points plus. Each of these things can be dealt with. None of them are easy, but I heard you and you were nicely motivated when you started. You can and will get that feeling back. Be easy on yourself, you don't need to be perfect, but do as many WW things as you can to help yourself lose weight. :goodscale: Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

Princess, I like your plans for the weekend. :strong: :tread: Anyone else would say, "The heck with it. Bad weather again! Why bother?" Instead you've got a good plan to get where you want to be.

Bandit, hope your vacation is fun. :swim:

Cherry, always glad to hear from you. YOu're so positive. Weigh to go!
:balloons:

Terri, how are you doing? Did you just have a holiday? :goodscale: to you.

Life4evr, how is work? Is your Mom still cooking or are you getting into the kitchen a bit? :chef:

All goes very well here. My dd, dsil, and dear grandson just left. Their power came back on this afternoon. They were with us since Sunday. Dh and I have been empty nesters for a looooooong time, but we did okay. At one point my other dd and her dh were with us overnight also-----same issue. In any case, I kept telling myself, I can do this. I can do this. When they brought in tempting foods, I tried not to eat them-----finally broke down and had a miniscule amount of BLT's. I had a lovely WI this week. I am eating very low points plus because I simply have to get this weight off. It's affecting how I feel about myself and that's crazy. So today I lost 2.6#. It was worth every sacrifice. Go me!!! :cheer:

Okay, gotta run. I am planning ahead for a 3-day weekend of BBQ's. The lucky part is that they will all be here. I can have watermelon for dessert, dh will grill burgers and hot dogs, and I'll make a nice coleslaw to fill up on.
Best to you all!
JUdy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner :cool: (I am so thrilled. I broke the 195# mark) Yay.

Princess1122
08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Judy: Congrats and a huge hug to you! Wow that is really fabulous and you deserve it!

life4evr
08-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi all I am still here. Recovering from pulling a unexpected double last night, I lost 0.4 which isnt bad because like Seabiscuit I stopped counting.

Seabiscuit I am not sure what health issues you are going through but I hope they resolve themselves. I know the feeling about being to tired to exercise. I have really heavy cycles, so they usuallu wipe me out. Some days you just have to drag yourself to the gym.

I feel like I am missed something going back to catch up on reading.

I haven't really been cooking. I have been working alot of second or third shifts. So my sleep and eating schedule is all messed up.

seabiscuit
09-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Hi again!

Thanks so much for the motivational replies ;) What is a WW cheat sheet and where do I find it?

I'm feeling a little better physically so I can go into work and do physical therapy. I want to hold off on doing cardio on the machines since I was feeling kinda faint.

I have my motivation back though! I ordered a beautiful coat/jacket for the winter and fall that I want to make sure I fit into so I am definitely going to continue counting my points. I started counting them but want to count them for the entire day, not stop counting part way through the day. I have motivation to get the number lower on that scale, get into nicer clothes, feel and be physically emotionally better, so I am psyched to do this. Thanks for everyone being there for me.

I am there for all of you too!

terrod99
09-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Hey All

Off work now for a 5 day long weekend! Today boys and I are going to the Canandian National Exibition, will try to steer clear of the 30 different fried foods served on a stick!!!! There will be lots of walking so it will all work out in the end.

Can't wait for next week back to routine (of some sort!) Walking buddy will be back from vacation, will set up a gym schedule, and just get back at it!!!!

Today I will drink lots of water! or 0 soda! and walk ++++ It is hot here the humidity is back for a few days.

Glad everyone is checking in and keepin at it!!!!

Terri

Itryharder
09-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi All,
I am so happy that we are all chiming in and chatting. It's wonderful to know I"ve got pals like you working on the same things I'm working on.

Seabiscuit----so glad you've got your motivation back. It's so easy to lose. :balloons: Here's a WW "cheat sheet" that is available online on the WW'ers site.
I am a WW pass member which means for $40/month I can go to my WW mtgs. and I have complete access to WW online. Oh-----a cheat sheet is a cute interactive idea. In a category-----let's say pasta-----you have a plate. On that plate you can put and take away different choices to see how many points plus your final plate would be. For example, 1 cup pasta------5 points plus. Then add a sauce-----marinara or ala vodka or meat sauce-----then the total changes depending on the sauce. Then you can add meatballs, etc.
It's fun and some of the amounts are surprising. I always thought the ala vodka sauce would be much higher in points than marinara-----turns out it isn't, so that was a good find. I think I'm rambling. Okay---choices, point and drag to plate, see point changes, remove or let stay until you end up with a plate that you would like to eat and the points plus aren't through the roof. I love the Chinese food one, too.

Hey, here's a tip my friend told me about with Chinese food if you're eating at home. 1/2 serving of steamed chicken and broccoli put into 1-2cups of eggdrop soup with 1/4 cup brown rice. It makes a very filling soup dish which is yummy. Gives you leftovers for the next day or you can split it with someone.

Terri, enjoy the vacation with your boys. Sounds like fun! :balloons:

Cherry, I hear you loud and clear. You're doing great and offering positive feedback to us all. Thanks. :dancer: Keep up the good work.

Life4evr, :goodscale: weigh to go on your weight loss! I think WW's is inside your head and helping you to make good choices and you're doing great.

Princess, thanks for always being there, even though you could be stressed or tired, to start our day with a message. I really look forward to them.
:grouphug: and :cheer:

Bandit, how are you doing? I am so happy with your weight loss. You helped me want to get going again and lose some real weight. Thanks so much. :goodscale:

I just checked a graph I made of my weight loss journey. My main weight loss occured in 2009. After that I plateaued again. Yes, I had hives and that made it tough, but I also gave in to too many food choices. This past week showed me that although it is very difficult for me, I can lose weight. I was often hungry and I know I couldn't be this intense for too long, but I can make good choices and when I keep the portions small, I can lose weight. :cheers:

Gotta run and start my day. Looks like today and tomorrow will be beautiful weather and then a rainy long weekend. I expect the kids to be here through the weekend to wrap up the summer. Hopefully we can swim and BBQ. Have a great day!
Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
09-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Good morning. I am on a three day off streak since I pulled a double the other day. So it got me an extra day off. I am having allergies so at least I get to rest.

Seabiscuit I know how hard it is to try to date while watching what you eat. The cheat sheets are good. Also I know alot of times I would figure out what I wanted and the points before I even left. Which helped alot. Also trying not to left the other persuade you into getting somethingyou had no intentions of getting in the first place. Know this from personal experience.

I have actually eaten breakfast so that should help me. No real plans today for me. Some laundry and cleaning and working on a blanket for my cousin that is long overdue. Hope everyone has a good day.

ETA: I had to change my tracker to my mini goal cause the main goal was looking a little intimidating.

Princess1122
09-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Good afternoon everyone... I am very late getting online today, been super busy and was late getting in today. DH and I both went for Heart Scans this morning... we wanted to have them done as the first step on the road to better health. There are many centers and hospitals here that offer them for a very reasonable rate so even though insurance does not pay for them it was a very well spent 50.00 for each of us... gives us a starting point, now we just need to make appointment with our primary doctor for physicals.

It looks like everyone is doing really well - I have to run but will try and pop on again later if not then I will be back tomorrow morning.

Have a great day all!

Princess1122
09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Good morning everyone and very happy Friday to you all! Long weekend ahead and I really don't have a game plan in place, I have just not had time to think about it but I will do the very best that I can and get my butt moving and get some walks in.

Did not go to my meeting / Weigh In last night, I got home from work and was just so tired that I felt sick so I did not go and stayed home and rested instead. It would have been a gain and with that being said I need to get moving... I have one year to get 50 lbs off before I turn 50 - I have basically just been screwing around up until now and have just not been trying very hard if I want to be totally honest with myself so will use this weekend to get my plan in place and come up with an exercise plan that I can live with, etc.

That is my goal, to achieve a reasonable weight and get to a healthy overall level - so be lighter by 50 lbs and get my butt in for a full physical and deal with anything that results from that.

I sure hope that everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

Itryharder
09-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Turtles, :bravo:

Princess, what a wonderful plan. You're doing what you need to do to get yourself where you want to be. :bravo: :cheer:

As I approached 50, I too wanted to get back in shape. I was tired of being overweight and went on Medifast which helped knock off a nice amount. I felt good and it was worth depriving myself of many foods to do that. However, with all the pressures of life and then my thyroid going wacky I regained plus. Not fun! So, here I am one more time trying to get the excess weight off and then dealing with maintenance when I get there.
For the first time in a long time I'm willing to be hungry quite often during the day. I allow myself a snack/food every two hours and if I'm hungry before then I drink some water or have a cup of tea. This is working for me right now and I'm very grateful!

I am sending :balloons: :love: :swim: :beach: :dance: :dancer: :carrot: and :chef: to help all our Turtles have a great weekend. Here in the states we've got a three day weekend and it's my official "end of summer". I'd like to end the summer less weight than when I began and I've got a great chance to do that!!!!!

Good luck to us all. I'm keeping baby steps in mind. One hour at a time, one day at a time. One pound at a time.

(I talked to someone the other day who has a big salad and 1/2hamburger at a BBQ. Lord! I used to eat a hamburger and two hot dogs-----and if I got hungry later on, I'd eat more. No wonder I gained weight. I love the volume of food and that's what I have to change now.)
Best wishes to all of us!
Judy
234.6/194.8/180's and thinner :cool: Reaching 189# is my next big goal.

CherryAutumn
09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Seabiscuit- I know what you mean about counting points. I have always had trouble getting through the whole day having written everything down. I am glad that you have your motivation back. Hold on to it and get moving!

Judy- I am doing fairly well with my plan. Some times I just do the flex with Nutrisystem so I dont get tired and add in the pre planned meals when i dont feel like thinking about it.

Princess, Bandit, Terri, and Life4evr- Looks like everyone is doing their best in working towards their goals. Hope everyone has a good weekend. You can have a great time and make better choices for yourself.

Itryharder
09-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Hi Turtles,
Cherry, good way to work your plan. You're doing great. I have also taken a bit of a step away from WW's for a short while to see if this other program can help me learn new eating ways and finally drop some weight.

See you all over at #262 Bale of Turtles Saying Good Bye to Summer
Judy
We've gotten long-----see you all there.