Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Belly question???

Since I've lost a decent amount of belly fat, I've noticed that my belly button that was a very deep 'innie' has now become less of an 'innie' but not really an 'outie' - if that makes any sense. Has this happened to anyone else who's lost some belly fat due to a stricter diet and regular exercise that the overall look of your navel has changed? I know I've seen bodybuilders and fitness models with navels like that but I didn't think that happened unless your body fat was ultra-low.

Just curious.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-20-2011 at 09:00 AM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

I was just thinking yesterday "my belly button looks different." I think my has gotten a bit longer ( if that makes sense). I suppose it's sort of like dimples - they look different when you have lost or gained weight so why not your bellybutton too.
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky72 View Post
I was just thinking yesterday "my belly button looks different." I think my has gotten a bit longer ( if that makes sense). I suppose it's sort of like dimples - they look different when you have lost or gained weight so why not your bellybutton too.
Exactly! It does look longer instead of short and squished in, lol. Good to see I'm not the only one. I never thought of it as like dimples on your face but it makes sense that if you lost belly fat that your navel shape would change too.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-20-2011 at 08:02 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote