Weight Loss Support - Welll, here's a huge NSV!

View Full Version : Welll, here's a huge NSV!

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 03:04 PM
It's midday (when I'm the heaviest) and I've had lunch. My mother in law is going on an overseas trip and needed me to weigh her suitcase. Having lost our hand held scale thingee, I step on the scale. 191.5 (what she made no comment about how heavy I still am? That's a first). Then I try to lift her bag from the chair. Holy cow, it's unexpectedly HEAVY!!!! I step on the scale with the bag 245.5.

So, Ok, she learned she needs to ditch things from her suitcase, but what else? Even with holding a 54 pound suitcase, I still weighed 10 pounds less than I did when I started this journey in January. Holy Smokes! I was walking around with all that added weight? No wonder why exercising is so much easier now and imagine how much easier it will get as I keep dropping!

Anyway.. that was awesome!

Magalo
08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Aw this made me smile! :) Congratulation!

Lovely
08-19-2011, 03:18 PM
That IS awesome :D

runningfromfat
08-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Congrats! The other day I was looking for something to finish off a workout and grab some hand weight to walk with while on the treadmill. They were a few kg each and I remember being shocked how much harder it was walking even with those few extra kilos in each hand. It amazes me sometimes I was able to get around with all those extra pounds!

fight2winthis
08-19-2011, 03:25 PM
great!:hug: congrats on the huge progress!!! well technically, this is kind of an (n);) sv lol!

Amberkkski
08-19-2011, 03:28 PM
that is great to hear!! Congrats :) I have a dumb question, what is nsv?

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Ha!Ha! True it is kind of scale victory in a way - NSV means non-scale-victory... but I guess this was a sort of scale victory.

fight2winthis
08-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Saw your blog yday... your progress pix are awesome! shedding weight took years off your face too!

XLMuffnTop
08-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Reading about your MIL woes in another thread, I'm very happy she didn't say anything about your weight (NSV!!!) to burst the bubble of happiness from your SV!

:carrot:

PreciousMissy
08-19-2011, 04:24 PM
That is awesome! Talk about a reality check!

zoodoo613
08-19-2011, 04:40 PM
That is a victory! Good for you!

Aren't you glad you're not carrying that suitcase equivalent around with you all the time anymore?

shishkeberry
08-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Awesome!

April Snow
08-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Great job!!!

I'm counting down to when I've lost as much as my son weighs - right now that's 47 lbs, although he might put on another pound by the time I get there!

But when he tries to climb up on me and get me to carry him, I absolutely think about how I was walking around with almost that much extra weight on me.

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Great job!!!

I'm counting down to when I've lost as much as my son weighs - right now that's 47 lbs, although he might put on another pound by the time I get there!

But when he tries to climb up on me and get me to carry him, I absolutely think about how I was walking around with almost that much extra weight on me.

Ironically, I've been waiting for that too. I thought I was there this morning as I've lost 65.8 pounds. I thought he weighed 66. But, he stepped on the scale and he weighed exactly 67.0 pounds. So... in a few more days and I'll be there.

Of course, my 6 year old is HUGE. He's very tall and very stockily built (but not overweight). So, while I know how much he weighs, I never have him as a dead weight like a suitcase. He's just too big and heavy to carry when asleep and when he wants me to lift him. Well, he's helping in some way by jumping up or wrapping his hands around my shoulders and his feet around my waist. Not that I've lifted him in a VERY long time.

I plan to take a picture with him when I hit that mini goal.

rainydays
08-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Fantastic!

butterflymama
08-20-2011, 11:54 AM
That's awesome!

mamakat
08-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Awe berry that's fantastic...your MIL is leaving! Oh wait you meant the weighing was the NSV? That's awesome too. Ahhhhh, alone time without MIL. I hope she has a nice trip. Geeze and how does she carry a bag that heavy?
Great job, keep going. You're inspiring.

berryblondeboys
08-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Awe berry that's fantastic...your MIL is leaving! Oh wait you meant the weighing was the NSV? That's awesome too. Ahhhhh, alone time without MIL. I hope she has a nice trip. Geeze and how does she carry a bag that heavy?
Great job, keep going. You're inspiring.

You are too funny! yes, TWO MORE DAYS and then she's gone for 5 weeks Woohoo!!!!

In that time I'm tearing the house apart, decluttering and finally hanging pictures and curtains (we have blinds up only).

And she doesn't lift her suitcase. She has me go to the airport and help at the counter and then she has someone help here everywhere else.

April Snow
08-20-2011, 01:32 PM
make that kid sweat out some water weight! lolol!! I love the idea of taking a picture with him, to represent how far you've come.

berryblondeboys
08-20-2011, 01:41 PM
make that kid sweat out some water weight! lolol!! I love the idea of taking a picture with him, to represent how far you've come.

Well, actually, I dropped another 1.2 today and now I've lost 67 pounds... same as he weighs - exactly. So... today, after I shower and after I give the boy a haircut (my chore for the day). I'll be taking a photo with him... or I might do it tomorrow. So, yes, I've now lost the same amount of weight as my son weighs.

rainydays
08-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Well, actually, I dropped another 1.2 today and now I've lost 67 pounds... same as he weighs - exactly. So... today, after I shower and after I give the boy a haircut (my chore for the day). I'll be taking a photo with him... or I might do it tomorrow. So, yes, I've now lost the same amount of weight as my son weighs.

That's great! And what a cool way to measure progress. It made me think--my oldest son (5yrs) weighs 39 lbs, and I'm exactly at that point right now! :) (After gaining with my pregnancy with my youngest son. I was at 60 lbs down before him).

My daughter weighs 41 lbs (they're twins) so hopefully next week I'll have lost as much as she weighs :)

It'll be a great day when I've lost as much as all three of my kids weigh combined. The baby weighs 14 lbs, by the time I near my goal, he'll weigh about as much as I'd need to lose combined with the twins to actually be at goal.

Seriously cool "way to weigh" berryblondeboys! :D

berryblondeboys
08-20-2011, 03:28 PM
That's great! And what a cool way to measure progress. It made me think--my oldest son (5yrs) weighs 39 lbs, and I'm exactly at that point right now! :) (After gaining with my pregnancy with my youngest son. I was at 60 lbs down before him).

My daughter weighs 41 lbs (they're twins) so hopefully next week I'll have lost as much as she weighs :)

It'll be a great day when I've lost as much as all three of my kids combined. The baby weighs 14 lbs, by the time I near my goal, he'll weigh about as much as I'd need to lose combined with the twins to actually be at goal.

Seriously cool "way to weigh" berryblondeboys! :D

It is a cool "way to weigh". Now, I have an older son too, but he's turning 15 soon and is 6'1" and weighs 135 pounds. I don't have that much loss in me... Huh... just realized my six year old weighs exactly half that of his older brother.