Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #1  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default I cheated yesterday and now I feel like **** - HELP PLEASE

Hello,

After following this diet to a T, yesterday, while we had a gathering after work to what we call ''épluchette de blé d'Inde'', if anyone in here is from Québec, they'll sure know what I am talking about, but it's basically a gathering where there is some snacks and where we boil sweet corn and eat. So, at first with my best intention I did not want to eat anything, I just nibbled on some vegetables and a little bit of the dip and I felt like cheating already because of the dip, but then, I started eating chips ! OMG, I felt so bad, then I said what the ****, let me eat one corn on the cob ! and I did.

It is my first cheat since 6 weeks on this diet, I feel so bad, today I weighed myself and already I gained 1.4 pounds ! Not to be dramatic, it's still manageable with the numbers, but it's what I feel inside that is killing me.

I am going to do ''bootcamp'' this week, if I understand well it should be a week without any restricted food, so I will do this and hopefully by next week I will lose around 5 pounds to compensate for this lost week.

Please share with me your stories about what you did after a cheat and how did the number on your scale show after you went back to the diet.

I thank you all in advance.

I really really really feel like crying, so ashamed from myself.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Don't beat yourself up, what is done is done, you know what you have to do. It is in the past now so forget about it and start fresh. Its just one of those obstacles that we have to cross when we get there, You can do this so hop back on the wagon today and continue with your success. Everyone hits bumps in the journey and you have hit yours so its time to let it go and get back to the grindstone!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Please don't be ashamed! It happens. Just let it go. The worst that will happen is that it will stall you out for a few days, or even a week and that is the price you will pay...don't make it worse by allowing yourself to get emotional about it.
Lesson learned, right? (and isn't this program all about learning anyway?)
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #4  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

This makes me really nervous. I'm going to a do on Friday where there will be appetizers. If I just take one thing or dip my veggies in dip I know it will be a slippery slope. I feel for you.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #5  
Chey'Anne Wilson

S/C/G: 165.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'6"

nobody is perfect Drink double the ammounts of water for the next few days, and start fresh. Today is a new day!
CheyAnne Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

I just had it happen a few days ago. Don't worry you will recover. I did mine on Tuesday and I am still up 2.5 lbs. It may take a few days to get back into ketosis so don't freak out. Now you know tho it is NOT worth all the stress from one slip. At least you got back on plan after. That is the best part. You should feel proud that you were able to do that
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #7  
Restarting IP 100%

Oh! I did not say the ''F'' word ! I said the ''H'' word which is the opposite of heaven and I see that it was replaced by stars!

I am so sorry, don't like to swear.

Thank you everybody for replying.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #8  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Good for you for knowing what you did, taking responsibility for you actions.....NOW let it go! It is done. Missteps happen in life how we react to them is what makes the difference.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

It's not a slip up, it's called life! The fact that you are getting so worked up about one episode of living your life is troubling to say the least.

It's all water weight, and I guarantee that like 2 days of eating on plan will get you back on track!

Also, why do you "feel like cheating" after dunking your veggies in dip? This all or nothing attitude is not good! You should be able to say "OK it's a special day I'll have some dip with my veggies and that's my cheat and that's it!"

Thinking "well screw it i'm eating dip i might as well pig out" is not the right attitude, nor is it sustainable. You need to cut yourself a little slack, and really work on the idea that just because you're having a minor cheat doesn't mean your whole diet is ruined and it's time to give up!

That all being said, your results are looking good and I wish you all the best! You'll be fine, don't let one bad day make you so miserable!
celly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #10  
Restarting IP 100%

It is true that I do have this all or nothing attitude.

But on this diet I feel I am getting better.

I need to work on myself a lot, that's why I always appreciate getting answers and feedback in here.

Big thank you for everyone who replied.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Hang in there, it will be okay. You are human. Just remember how guilty and awful you feel and remind your self it is not worth it. I could have been worse, don't let you self go into a downward sprial, then you will be +15 before you know it. Bootcamping it is a great idea. Hang in there, you are doing great! next time eat a little before you go, so you aren't starved...bring some WF dressing or homemade dressing for veggies next time too.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote