Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'0"

Default "12 Week Transformation Photos": Real or bogus?

I think there are a couple of plans that do 12 or 14 week transformations. Body for Life is one, I know. Obviously, results vary by individual and they only publish the most dramatic transformations in their book, website, etc.

But some of those transformations are just SO dramatic! Do you think they're real? Or are they bogus (and just a matter of slouching and pushing out tummies in the before shot, than shaving/glistening/flexing in the after shot)?
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

ITS BOTH.
They sanbag the before (like you said, slouch, push tummies out, etc

and for the AFter, there are SO MANY WAYS to manipulate weight...
im sure they do like a Pre-contest water manipulation/glycogen depletion program...
basically they dehydrate and deplete their bodies SO Much (only takes about 3-5 Days) that they look that ripped and veiny and lean for the photoshoot (wrestlers do it too, for weigh-ins) then afterwards, they eat and drink and rebound upwards of 10-20 pounds, easily...... and its not fat, but their "photo weight" is NOT their "real life" weight, KWIM?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #3  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

it's like Biggest Loser too - the winners definitely do the same kind of water/glycogen manipulation mkroyer said, and they always gain back 10-15 right away. (and personally, I think they look MUCH better after that, but that's another topic! lol!)
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #4  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I read somewhere on the internet (so it must be true, haha) that some companies take "after" pictures first, have the models gain weight, then take the "before" pictures.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:35 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Body for life uses photos that people send in and they used to at least require a picture with a newspaper showing the date. People could push out their tummies and what not in the before pics.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
I read somewhere on the internet (so it must be true, haha) that some companies take "after" pictures first, have the models gain weight, then take the "before" pictures.
Diet pill companies are famous for this. We have even seen diet pill companies steal before/after photos of members at 3FC who have lost weight.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Although this is not weight related, did you ever notice that when they have makeovers, the before pictures always show the person with no makeup at all, messy hair, or hair just pulled back in a pony tail and baggy, dumpy clothes. Then they bring them out and all they did was what everyone should naturally do when they get ready to go out. Also, I wonder how many of those people keep up the "new look" afterwards, or go back to their old selves.

Carol
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Diet pill companies are famous for this. We have even seen diet pill companies steal before/after photos of members at 3FC who have lost weight.
That is horrifying!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
OMG! I can't imagine looking at a diet pill ad and seeing my photos!

Carol
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #10  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

I've noticed on some of them that the "before" picture is clearly old. Sometimes you can tell by hair length/style, or the way they're dressed.

I also saw something on TV that went into this. A lot of times they find people who are athletes, or very fit, who have had a recent injury or something and have put on weight. They take the "before", the person goes back to their normal lifestyle, and voila! They get fit again.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote