Old 08-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

Default Stalled in week 2!!?!?

Hi Everyone!

So today is Day 12 for me and since Day 7 I've been the same weight!!!
I've only had food outside of the diet on Monday and since then I have been working hard on staying OP aside from this:

I've been finding myself not that hungry so when I talked to my coach last week I asked her how important it was to eat all 4 cups of veggies a day...she said I didn't have to, as long as I ate my protein. So sometimes at lunch I will just have a soup and a salad with little bit of veggie toppings. Always with just some olive oil and lemon. Lately I've been having a bar in the morning, soup at lunch or salad/chicken at lunch and soup at night....but have seen no results!!! I've worked out once this week but as I've read in other threads, workout isn't necessary...

I'm drinking about 8-10 cups of water a day as well...

I bought some Ketostix last night and the stick turned as purple as it could so what gives??!! Any one hit this so soon in the diet? I know everyone is different but this is discouraging
Bride2Be310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #2  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride2Be310 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I've only had food outside of the diet on Monday and since then I have been working hard on staying OP aside from this:

I've been finding myself not that hungry so when I talked to my coach last week I asked her how important it was to eat all 4 cups of veggies a day...she said I didn't have to, as long as I ate my protein. So sometimes at lunch I will just have a soup and a salad with little bit of veggie toppings. Always with just some olive oil and lemon. Lately I've been having a bar in the morning, soup at lunch or salad/chicken at lunch and soup at night....but have seen no results!!! I've worked out once this week but as I've read in other threads, workout isn't necessary...

I bought some Ketostix last night and the stick turned as purple as it could so what gives??!! Any one hit this so soon in the diet? I know everyone is different but this is discouraging

I only went down 1.2 in week 2 as well. So that is when I increased my protein at dinner to 8oz as I read in many posts to increase your protein. I also ate fish 3x that week and at my week 3 WI in went down 3.2, which still may not seem like a lot, but I was excited about that amount. When I average how much I'm losing weekly it's 3lbs/week which is the minimum for woman. Keep on going and don't get discouraged, it will come off I promise.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

I lost a big fat 0 lbs on my week 2 weigh-in. It was my TOM, but I was completely discouraged. Today I am down 3 lbs.

The veggies keep things moving, if that's an issue for you.

I'm only on day 15, so I'm not an expert.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride2Be310 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Well, one would think at your weight the 64 to 80 ounces of water might be enough but, depending on your climate it might not.

I only bring that up because the deep purple ketostix can indicate one or more of at least 3 things.

First, you could still be adjusting to ketosis and your body is figuring out what to do so darker purple is a bit normal.

Next, when you aren't well hydrated your body is not efficient at eliminating even mild toxins and ketones are a mild toxic by product to the ketogenic process. The more water you take in the less the liver has to support the kidneys to eliminate toxic waste and the more it can focus on processing and eliminating fat. MORE WATER in small, regular increments makes a happy liver and often greater fat lost. It also means you could see a lighter ketone patch on those sticks. Ideally, you want to be in the low range trace to small if you are efficiently burning fat and well hydrated.

Last, your body may just process most of its ketone bodies out via your urine so the count might be higher. Some people process it in respiration (thus the funky mouth taste and breath) while others sweat it out (the body odor).

As for the veggies, you need them. I don't care what your coach says. If you are using the IP products and not getting veggies you are not taking in much therefore you will not have as much bodily waste and, sooner or later, you will stall as you stop properly eliminating and become a bit bloated from that.

Eat the veggies. Drink the water. It may be all the change you need.

Also, don't worry about the 5 day stall. You really shouldn't be weighing every day. Some people only see drops in weight every few or even every 5 days.

AND, given that you are in week 2, the slower loss is very normal.

Good luck with the rest of the week.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #5  

Hang in there! I have not lost but .2 since Monday according to my scales but I go weigh in tomorrow. The average weight loss may be 3 lbs per week but all bodies respond different. I feel like my body is just not getting enough to lose the weight. I am debating if I should eat 5 packets a day instead of the 4. On top of that I am so tired.
NikkiKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #6  

I also wanted to add that sometimes a cheat, even if small, won't cause a gain but waste a whole week with a stall. That's why I'm scared to cheat!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

Thanks everyone. I am on such a time pressure I guess I'm just freaking out a little. I am going to take your advice showgirlaz and just drink all day!
Bride2Be310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

My coach says that from her experience the people who are most successful are the ones who have a huge green salad with lunch.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #9  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I agree with some of the others..My coach said to eat all of the vegetables and lettuce.

Also..you are having 2 soup packets a day. They are very high in sodium..something like 1,000mg..You might experiment with a lower sodium snack once a day.
However, you are staying on program and doing well. All of us have weeks where we stall or slow down. It will come off!!!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

Height: 5'8

In the same boat! But I lost 17 pounds the first two weeks. Heading into week four and no loss since week 2. Thinking about a week of bootcamp, but not sure where to find detailed info on it
amaliayosa is offline   Reply With Quote