South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Chat for Thursday, August 18

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around. I'm just popping by to check in. Things are good, I'm not really sure where I am with my eating but have basically been on plan. I am thinking about making some changes based on my genetic testing when I get the results back, specifically related to my Apoe readings. I may go primarily lacto-ovo vegetarian. I am not sure. I am also thinking of really diving in Beck because I think I could use some cognitive tweaking on my eating habits. All to say - I'm still in love with SBD, just have other ideas circling around in my head.

I'll be back...probably not every day for a while, but periodically to check in and say hi until I decide what my focus will be. We're going away for a week and then school starts and right after that is my son's tonsillectomy so things won't start to be "normal" for me until the end of September. Hope everyone's doing well and happy!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank goodness the power is still on, we're having one hellacious T-storm right now!

Matilda, I'm sure everything will fall into place for you eventually, and you'll make the right decision as to your dietary needs. I'm not a lacto-octo vegetarian, as I still eat dairy and eggs, but SBD is very easy to follow as a vegetarian. Good luck to you, and I hope your tests come with good results.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from slightly damp Delta. I guess we had some rain and then sent it down to you, Linda. Sorry!

Was supposed to be at home last night but succumbed to and invitation from the Pypers to join them for dinner. ( I changed my food log accordingly.) It was a gorgeous evening with loons hollering and heron's screeching. Glen, completely sober, really opened up about his mother and why he never wants to see her. She sounds like a terrible person so I'm honoured that he considers me his mother figure. Margo does too as her mother died just before I met her.

Today I am going to the doctor to see if anything can be done to speed the healing in this dratted leg. It IS getting better but too darned slowly. It's interfering with my life! As you get older, every minute counts. I'm more aware of this lately as the husband of a longtime friend died yesterday.

The two youngest dogs have just had their morning wrestle and are now sleeping. Bailey is under my desk and Disney is lying with her head on my foot. I think they have Life figured out!

Have a good Thirst-day, as Jenne says.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #4  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning Matilda, Cottage and Ruth! All is well here in CT. My younger daughter left for her senior year in college yesterday and I have my older daughter moving back home at the end of the month after living in Manhattan for almost 4 years.
Eating has been OP. Call me crazy, but I think my job has helped me in the snacking department. I'm so busy during the day on the computer, that my hands don't have time to dip into the snacks!
Have a wonderful Thursday!!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I had a bout of insomnia again and then overslept. Oops! Rushing around now.

Matilda - It's always good to see you.

Cottage - glad your power is on! Nothing worse than losing power in the middle of the morning getting ready rush.

Ruth - Glad you're going to the doc. let us know how it goes. We could all learn something from those dogs

Chris - rotating daughters! I am with you, being busy definitely works for me.

Okay, off to get the day rolling. I have a work/party weekend coming up. We are heading to the Kingdom for a little work and then an overnight camp out and party. I wasn't sure I was going but heard it's primarily a going away party for me (not that I'm going too far but I won't see people much) so guess I should go. After that the countdown really accelerates. Got a call yesterday for an interview for a very PT job I am really interested in. I'm looking forward to some time piecing together different PT jobs without the high pressure from any one job.

Happy Thirstday. Hmm, that sounds like a day that should end with a glass of wine!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I overslept, too, after waking up at my usual 3am....decided I really needed rest more than I needed to get things done.

Matilda, good to hear from you! Checking in does get complicated for me when all the extraneous things start swirling around me. I do best with routine...whatever it is.

Ruth, glad to hear you're headed to the doc. I hope there is an answer to speed your healing.

Cyndi, glad you got the heads up on the party before you decided not to attend...it sounds busy for you.

Chris, yay for OP eating! I'm like you, the busier I am the easier it is to eat OP.

Linda, I hope your storm passes quickly with little damage!

My projects are lined out here. I think we're going to scrape and paint our porch railing. The boys are outside enjoying their coffee. My mom had a favorable report at the eye dr yesterday. It seems her treatment is really helping. She has a meeting this am and I need to go to her house and try to locate a bracelet she things someone has swiped. That's my day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning from LA, day two. Move in went smoothly. Roommate seems nice. DH and I walked so much our feet were killing us! Today we have convocation on campus. I think our son plans to sleep through the pancake breakfast first so we'll happily skip that and pack. Will hit the road as soon as we hug and say good bye.

Thought we'd try the southern route home to compare but seems it may rain so I am having second thoughts. Off to check more weather. Will get home late Friday or sometime Saturday.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, my name is Angie and today is my partner and my first day on SBD! Phase 1, here we come

I'll try to post here and get to know some people as I go along. There is so much info on this site, it's been super helpful already!

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

WELCOME!!!

Be well -
Old 08-18-2011, 12:47 PM   #10  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome southmplsgirl, and good morning all!

Its a gorgeous morning here on the Socal coast. One of my commercial buildings had an alarm go off last night, so that was a fun minor emergency to wake up to. All is well now though. Went off plan yesterday due to lack of planning and wimpy willpower in the face of fish tacos, but I'm back on track today. Did lots of food planning and grocery shopping last night, and stocked up on pantry stuff so I'll always have something on hand. Gotta get back to those strategies and routines!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

TOM

'nuff said. See you all tomorrow. Have a good one.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #12  

Angie and partner!

Have a safe and pleasant drive home, Karen! Did DS1 go along with you to help get DS2 settled in his dorm?

I hope you're feeling better, Jenn!

I'm home already. Cindy took the girls shopping for some new tack and riding clothes, and I left when they did. It's still storming off and on, so I'm just going to have a lazy afternoon and finish my book. I'm in the last chapter of Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (thanks, Ruth!), and I can't wait to find out how it ends!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Haven't been able to get here all week, things are so crazy busy at work. We got all moved out of our office and the renovation is proceeding. Everything was tore down and moved out. The walls have been repainted and the carpet is being installed today. The new furniture is coming tomorrow and everything should be done hopefully by next wednesday so we can start moving back in. I picked out wall colors and color for carpet, I hope everyone likes. I will post a picture once everything is done. We have been capturing really great before and after shots.

Take care
Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I'm in the last chapter of Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult (thanks, Ruth!), and I can't wait to find out how it ends!
This is my FAVORITE Picoult book!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
This is my FAVORITE Picoult book!!!
I had trouble putting this one down. When you pick up any book by Jodi Picoult, you know it's going to be good.
Closed Thread