Weight Loss Surgery - Ohmygarsh!

View Full Version : Ohmygarsh!

justprazn2
01-23-2003, 03:12 PM
The surgeon's office just called and moved my surgery date!

I am now on February 7!!!!!!! How exciting is that?

I am feeling faint :dizzy: - oh the drama -

ChrissyB
01-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Every once in a while I lurk here. When I seen your post I knew that I wanted to say that I was happy for you.

Also wanted to ask what part of PA are you from. I live in PA also, really close to Hershey.

Chrissy

justprazn2
01-23-2003, 04:55 PM
40 miles north of Harrisburg - Selinsgrove.

jiffypop
01-23-2003, 05:12 PM
hmmmm.. you two aren't all that far apart... right off of route 81... a road i know quite well!!!

and congrats on the moved date!!! make sure you have what you need, right down to the sanitary pads for the drainage!!!!

debkay
01-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Wow, right around the corner.

And hey Chrissy!!!

Debbie

1 of our fat people
01-23-2003, 06:35 PM
WHAT sanitary pads? Where exactly do you ... um... stick them?

Patty

peach pit
01-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Oh! prazn! I love GOOD drama!!!!!!! Congrats on getting the date moved up!

Ditto on Patty's sanitary pad question!!!! Are there any OThER personal hygene products that we need to gather up in preparation????????

YOWSER!

peach
ps...Chrissy B....I owe you a note! I didn't forget...just alot going on here :)

debkay
01-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Shall I mention the...........wooden spoon!

peach pit
01-23-2003, 06:50 PM
You guys start talking about turkey basters and I am OUT OF HERE!

justprazn2
01-23-2003, 08:24 PM
Ok. Now you're all scarin' me!

I become extremely freaked out by kitchen utensils. I have the same phobia of mops, dust pans, dirty laundry, kids that need diaper changes . . .

But there is nothing better than these cold winter nights snuggled up in my favorite chair, with my favorite little sleeping two year old in pink footie pajamas . . . dreaming of February 7 and beyond.

newchickontheblock
01-23-2003, 08:52 PM
That is so exciting!!! Great news!!!

jiffypop
01-24-2003, 12:05 AM
i didn't need the wooden spoon...

the sanitary napkins. with the lap rny, there is some drainage, especially on the right. it's unpleasant but not a big deal. however, you need something to absorb it, and gauze doesn't always quite do it.

enter the sanitary napkin!!!! much more absorbent than the gauze. won't stick to the wound. more coverage, and you don't get the drainage all over your clothes [because of the plastic backing]. and for those of us who are allergic to most of the tapes that you'd need to use to tape the gauze to your skin, there's no tape involved! all around, a great choice. honest!!!!

i suppose you could use a turkey baster to help the drainage, but that would involve opening the incision. >ducking to avoid whatever peachie is throwing at me> <and just kidding... there really isn't any need for a turkey baster>

Ruthxxx
01-24-2003, 06:52 AM
Too much information for this early in the morning! That'll teach me not to lurk!
About the wooden spoon.........?

debkay
01-24-2003, 07:42 AM
The wooden spoon...........if your eating breakfast, skip this post. :lol:

Many large folks have problems taking care of bathroom business, what I mean by that is cleaning themselves.

Many, many post-op patients contend that getting a cheap wooden spoon and wrapping it with tp will help get the job done.

For some who carry the majority of their weight in their tummy, after surgery you can barely bend without pain. The wooden spoon gives you a much longer reach.

I know this is not a pleasant subject, but it is a reality for some of us.

Too much info here, I know......but I did use the spoon method for a few days after surgery.

Ruth if this is offensive, feel free to delete.

Debbie

fropvd
01-25-2003, 11:10 PM
Bodily functions are a reality, and the spoon tip is a good one. I know I thank you for the idea--I never would have thought of it myself, and its a LOT better than having to ask someone else for help. Just make sure you mark it in some way to prevent a nasty kitchen mix-up! :)