South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #1  

Default Newbie to SB

Hello! Just started this last Friday. Years ago I did the Curves diet at my local club, and this reminded me so much of that one so I decided to give it a go. My goal weight loss is 15-20 lbs. but when I get to 10 I am doing a big happy dance! I have made a lot of healthy changes over the last 2 years, but have been stuck at 168/170 (I'm 5'6) for close to a year now.
I really hope this diet/lifestyle can do the trick.

So far this has been the hardest diet I have ever tried. Part of the problem is I am a SAHM and still have to cook meals for the family, so it's a challenge. But so far I haven't cheated! I can tell I'm wearing down, so that's why I looked for this site. (Couldn't afford the "real" SBD site.)
Anyway...I love reading all the suggestions/recipes. Actually,I tried the cauliflower popcorn before starting the diet and that's what convinced me I could do this.
Looking forward to digging in a bit.
missfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! SBD gets easier as you go on...it's second nature for me now. Glad you decided to join us. I think this is a lots better site than the $$ one.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #3  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! SBD is great and definitely gets a lot easier once you get into the groove. The recipes here are awesome and really make a huge difference. There's lots that the whole family can enjoy. However, if you feel that your family needs starchy/carbo foods that are not allowed for you, just make them a side of some food you don't really like so that it doesn't tempt you. That will make your life easier.
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #5  

It's hard for me to resist weighing myself every day on this diet. But today I got on the scale and had lost 5 lbs. already in less than 1 week!!! Woo-hoo! It's working!
Great motivator to keep at it.
missfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, misfit, and congratulations on your 5lb loss already! Yes, this plan really does work, and it also gets easier as you make it a routine part of your life.

Keep up the great work!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote