100 lb. Club - Omega 3 question

View Full Version : Omega 3 question

Trazey34
08-15-2011, 06:28 PM
wondering if anyone takes DHA Omega-3 supplements, and if so, which brand? Does it taste fishy in any way??

StarGetsFit
08-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I do! I take the Trader Joe's brand, the orderless burp-less kind. They have another kind DON'T GET THOSE or you'll be burping up fish alllllllllll day.:halfempty:

So, yeah, make sure you get the orderless/burp-less kind. I also supplement my supplement with flaxseeds. I get Bob's Red Mill Organic Raw Flaxseed and try to get a 1/2tbsp to 1 tablespoon of them a day. I crush them in a mortar when I'm feeling energetic or with the flat of my chefs knife if I'm not, then I just add them to whatever I'm making: oatmeal, salads, flour I dredge baked chicken in, soups, pasta sauces. They taste somewhat like sesame seeds. You don't have to crush them, but you'll absorb more Omega-3s from them if you do. While Flax is ALA and not DHA, your body does convert it to DHA. Plus Flaxseed has lots of other benefits, so I figure 2 sources are better than one.:dizzy:

Ursula745
08-15-2011, 08:03 PM
I get the strawberry flavored ones from Vitacost and keep them n the fridge. Hardly ever burp them, but when I do, it smells like fruit.

FitGirlyGirl
08-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I get orange flavored chews from GNC. I can't take the regular ones, they make me gag. The ones from GNC are expensive, but for me it's worth it since I can't take the regular ones at all. They are $20 for 50 of them and each one has 120mg Omega3. They taste a bit like orange starburst, but the texture is different. They are sugar free and each one is 20 calories.

Ursula - I am interested in this strawberry thing, where do you get those?

Gale02
08-16-2011, 12:13 PM
I have a bunch of these left over from my recent pregnancies so I take them: http://tinyurl.com/4yhbmf7

They each have 200mg of non-fish DHA.

JamiSue3916
08-16-2011, 12:53 PM
I buy either Walmart (Equate) or Winco generic (QC something). They don't usually taste fishy but every now and then...the pills make me burp. And when that happens, it's usually a not great but not terribly awful fishy type taste. That's only happened twice in the four months I've been taking them so I just keep gum with me...just in case. :) But I still haven't figured out why it's happening...