20-Somethings BL Corner - Lovely Leaves Week 3 Chat 8/15-8/21

SMSDREAMER2007
08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Here is your week 3 thread! Sorry for my lateness Life happened. I will have stats ready for you tonight! Enjoy ;)

SMSDREAMER2007
08-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Hey all. In doing the stats here is what I have noticed. A few of you have changed your starting weights AFTER giving me one meaning you signed up, put in a starting weight, I took that starting weight because I made a list as people signed up and then you came back and changed it after I recorded your starting weight. This unfortunately fuggers the numbers up and percentages come out wrong. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not do this. I will be going with the starting weights I was originally given for you as far as percentages. When numbers are changed it makes it sooooo much harder for me. Please stick with your ORIGINAL starting weight.

On that note. Here are the stats for the week!

Lovely Leaves week 2
Biggest Loser
Katylil -5lbs (3.25%)

Honorable Mentions:
Philana -2.8(1.90%)
Kittykat -4 (1.72%)

2 freebies used:
jaimie1980

1 freebie used:
Chloekinsikle, katylil, kristina29, mommy1028, kuritsu

Winners thread is now updated here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/240441-falling-into-fall-weigh-thread-both-teams.html

Brown
08-15-2011, 05:38 PM
BeeOptimistic
Ugh, I had a horrible weekend
It was my boyfriends birthday this weekend and we went away to celebrate. Hotel, meals out, shopping... the whole nine yards. I knew it was a very slippery situation for me to partake in and sure enough I blew my diet out of the water. I ate C*@p all weekend and really didn't monitor anything. I basically just had one of those (@*$ it moments and took a nosedive with all diet and exercise. I'm just so disappointed with myself. I weighed myself this morning and it says up 2.2 pounds. I figure some of its water weight but still. I feel like such a loser Am I the only one who does these self sabatoge missions!?!?! Please tell me I'm not alone girls! I'm back at it today with diet and exercise and feel motivated so hopefully the scale starts moving down again soon

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

I actually think you're REALLY amazing for only being up 2 pounds. I can gain 6 in a day eating off plan.

girlonfire
08-15-2011, 07:52 PM
How did I gain SIX STINKING POUNDS OVERNIGHT????? Yesterday 274; today 280 again (Although, all my traveling means I have been using different scales) My starting weight from a month and a half ago. I have been doing too much family stuff recently that involves lots of eating out, tons of cooking, etc. Hopefully now that I am on my own (yay!), I can get back to cooking what is best for me and not letting myself give into temptation. Ahhh, back where I started.

SMSDREAMER2007
08-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Sodium is my best bet chloe ;)

DivineFidelity
08-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Hey everyone! I'm glad to know that my gain didn't hold the team back last week, seeing as we still won. I was feeling guilty about it, so that's a big relief.

I had my Pre-Op appointment today. They are going to do my cholesystectomy outpatient, so I don't have to spend the night in the hospital and I can go home. That's what I was HOPING for, and it's not common, but they've agreed to do it outpatient because mine isn't a risky case and my mom is an RN and will be with me during recovery. I just wanted to be able to sleep in my own bed, those hospital beds are AWFUL...and I didn't really want a nurse waking me up every 4 hours. lol

I'm having an off week with my food. I was supposed to be starting to count everything again, but they gave me specific things to eat this week, and then nothing before the surgery. I'll probably end up missing the weigh in next Sunday since I don't know if I'll even really be able to stand on a scale yet (the surgery is Friday), but we'll see.

I did end up joining the gym with my boyfriend. They even gave us both really nice duffel bags and towels and headphones and water bottles and lanyards and hats because I joined this month instead of waiting till after the surgery like I was telling them I was going to. My BF's parents decided to help pay the starting costs, so we joined earlier then expected =D

Anyways, I'm off to bed. I've got work in the morning! ^^

bee optimistic
08-16-2011, 12:50 AM
I know it could always be way worse, but it's really hard not to be dissapointed in yourself when you get off track and see the scale start to climb... even if it's just a little tiny bit. Thanks for your support Brown and reminding me that it's only two pounds. Just get back on track :)

chloekinsicle- Being with 'family' always gets me too, so I totally understand your pain. It seems like when we get together everything revolves around food. I always find it easier when I'm on my own and it's nice to be accountable to yourself (and of course us girls here!) and I know when I'm alone I'm less tempted... perhaps it's the same for you? Anyways glad your back on track and ready to rock the weight right off!! Go you!

Divinefidelity- I hope everything goes well for you with the surgery. I'll be thinking of you and sending many get well soon thoughts! PS: congrats on joining the gym! I hope it turns out to be a fun exercise adventure for you :)

Riestrella
08-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Woohoo! We won this week! Well done ladies =D

katylil
08-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi all! :)

Sorry I haven't been joining in much with this thread. I'm a waitress and been working a ridiculous amount of hours at the restaurant this week due to staff shortages.

Eeeek! I can't believe I'm Biggest Loser! :D so happy! I've started doing IF this week and it's obviously been working for me! Going to keep on like this and aiming to hopefully be at Goal by Christmas :)

Hope everyone's having a good week!

Brown
08-16-2011, 09:58 PM
I can't seem to get myself together and stay on plan. I am pretty proud of myself that we've been going to the gym consistently, and I'm back to weightlifting and feeling super good afterward. But I cannot get my food back on track for anything. Whether I'm simply eating too much, or just refusing to fitday. Anyway, I just spent an hour and a half in the bathroom doing a hair mask and some face masks, and epilating, and coloring my brows/lashes, and other stuff I've neglected for a long time. I'm hoping it'll motivate me to bring the rest of my sexy back. ;)

kurisitaru
08-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Congrats to the biggest losers!
Sorry, I was all on vacation... I'll definitely be here more now that I'm back. Was SO fun. Went to Mount Rushmore, Black Hills, Bear Country, Gillette, Casper, Black Hawk, and... Seargis! Motorcycles EVERYWHERE! I really wanted to wear something more... "skimpy" and such. >< I was just too self conscience of how big I felt. I also realized I didn't want to take any photos. I avoided them... When I did take them, I was so scared to look at them, I asked not to see a single one and begged all my friends not to post them on their face books.
I feel guilty about it, but I also kept telling myself that this time next year, I won't feel this way. I'll jump into pictures and happily view them. ><

ruby5839
08-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Ugh! Last night I went out for drinks with co-workers then gave into a McDonald's craving! I haven't eaten McD's for a long time and afterwards I realized why. I hate that gross greasy, queasy feeling you get after overindulging on fried foods. Now I'm paying for it on the scale today. Hopefully the sodium will leave my system soon. I'd better go try to work some those calories off now.

Yay team for winning this week!!

kurisitaru
08-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Ruby, drink a ton of water, it helps flush it out. I noticed a bit of extra weight gain when eating cruddy food was washed away with lots of water and some extra movement.

Rated
08-17-2011, 12:28 AM
kuri - Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I would love to see Mount Rushmore. I think it is important to stay on track but make sure you are loving yourself at any size. I hope your friends snuck a few pictures so you can remember the trip.

I am on track this week so far but the scale doesn't seem to be moving very fast. Hopefully I get a whoosh soon!

DivineFidelity
08-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Well I thought I was definitely going to be up on the scale today. Yesterday I had a whole bunch of cake. I was baking for work, and so I was licking my fingers and stuff, and then when I was actually AT work we were all trying everyone else's cakes and brownies and stuff...and then I forgot my lunchbox and asked my mom to bring me something, and forgot to specify what, so she showed up with Whataburger which I ate because I didn't have any other option and I was working from 9am to 6pm....so I couldn't exactly go without.....but anyways, even after all of that junk, I came home and I passed out because I had a killer headache and was exhausted, and when I woke up I was down to 242.6....That's a 2.4 pound loss since Sunday, and it has me super excited! Once they take out my gallbladder, I should be able to get under 240!! lol. I know it's kind of cheating, since it's not losing fat it's losing an organ, but still...I think it will give me some of the motivation that I've been lacking.

Anyways, I have to go get ready for work now. I hope everyone has an incredible day today! =D

SugarRomeoTango4852
08-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Good Morning, Ladies
@Divine: Congrats on the loss! 0_0 I can't imagine losing an organ but if that is what moves you forward then ya gotta use it.

@Rated: Praise the whooshes and I hope you get one too.

@Ruby: I can feel your pain with the McD craving. I never eat McD but I drive past Wendy's daily and I can hear it calling my name.

I might be getting on the right track but I am not losing like I should be. I am wondering if I don't have to get my medication adjusted (hypothyroidism) since I was only diagnosed in May. It was a trial for the first dose so..

bee optimistic
08-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Ugh girls, I am a plain mess. Totally binged last night on anything and everything I could get my hands on :( Why am I sabotaging myself? I just feel like I should give up and throw in the towel....... I'm sinking without a lifejacket!!!

girlonfire
08-17-2011, 01:19 PM
bee-optomistic- have you thought about mosying on down to the chicks in control thread? I have found it a super-helpful place to go when the binge monster rears its ugly head. :hug:

I am slowly losing the weight I seem to have regained overnight. I got waaaay off track for a couple of weeks there and now I am struggling to get back into that awesome place I was at when I was super focused and determined.

Brown
08-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Once they take out my gallbladder, I should be able to get under 240!! lol. I know it's kind of cheating, since it's not losing fat it's losing an organ, but still...I think it will give me some of the motivation that I've been lacking.
This made me laugh. When my cousin had her appendix burst, we went to see her in the hospital after emergency surgery. She said she was so sad because she seriously thought it'd be like 10 lbs, but it was only a couple ounces.

KittyKat1465
08-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Great job on the losses this week! My week is not going so good with the weight loss. The scale isn't budging at all!!!!!!!! I will be weighing in tomorrow cause it is my b-day weekend and I am going to enjoy myself with no reservations :) Back OP on Monday. Not gonna be too bad though cause I am still planning on some serious gym time.

DivineFidelity
08-17-2011, 11:50 PM
This made me laugh. When my cousin had her appendix burst, we went to see her in the hospital after emergency surgery. She said she was so sad because she seriously thought it'd be like 10 lbs, but it was only a couple ounces.

I'm not expecting the organ to be more then a half a pound at most....but there are a couple large gallstones that might weigh something, and then they've told me I'm going to be nauseous for a couple days afterwords and probably won't want to eat much (but that I have to drink tons of water to make up for not eating)....so I won't be eating all the junk I usually crave, so I'll HOPEFULLY be under 240. That's my logic anyways. If I'm not, i'll be sad, but I'll deal with it. lol.

DivineFidelity
08-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Wow...You guys are awfully quiet! It's starting to make me feel like I talk too much. lol

Anyways, Today is my last day at work for a while, and it's probably the last day that I'm going to see any of the Pre-K kids that have been in my class for the last year...because by the time I come back they will have gone off to kindergarten. It makes me sad, especially because I won't even be working with them today, I'll be working with the babies....it's my first class to ever graduate and move on to kindergarten, and I hope I don't ever forget them. They were little balls of energy and happiness, and I care so much about them. I would go to work upset and stressed, but after 5 minutes of kids running up to me and giving me hugs and telling me all of their stories, I couldn't be upset anymore. They made me happy and I just want the best for them. No one told me it would be this hard....lol

I went and worked my butt off at the gym yesterday. I can still feel the burn in my legs. I plan on going back again today, since it's the last time that I'm going to be able to do any kind of intense work out for 6 weeks (according to my surgeon). It sucks, especially because I JUST started paying for the gym membership....but I'll get over it. I'm going to ask him if I can still go swim after the surgery....even if I'm not on the machines, swimming is still a good workout...and hopefully it will be okay.

I hope everyone else has been having a wonderful week! =D

SugarRomeoTango4852
08-18-2011, 09:57 AM
My scale isn't moving for me and it is making me very very depressed, angry and worried (worried that my hypothyroidism will forever plant me on the obese side of life). It kinda blows big but the doctor's appt is next week so.

I have a question: I am having issues getting my butt to the gym and I don't understand why. I like going to the gym and being there and feeling good about what I am doing. Heck, I even look forward to it yet I am still trying to convince myself to NOT go. Like "I'm so tired, I don't wanna, etc etc etc" all day long. Most of the time it doesn't win out but...does anyone else have this issue? Where you like going and being there but spend all day trying to "trick" youself to NOT go?

@Divine:You don't talk to much at all! I am just kinda meh lately so I have not been around much. I wish I could relate to the kids thing but there are zero children in my life right now >_<. I keep telling my friends I need one of them to have a child so that I can have a little niece or nephew to spoil and make me happy.

I would ask the gym if you can suspend the membership until the 6 weeks are up, most will or should allow that. Swimming is a great work out and I hope he says you can!

kurisitaru
08-18-2011, 02:00 PM
College starts Monday.... I'm all worried I'll get off track again. ><
My mini goal is to not buy any beverage while on campus, to have a water bottle with me, and to bring my own food. I want to do this for 1 month no deviating!

kurisitaru
08-18-2011, 02:02 PM
SugarRomeoTango4852: I do that with working out as well.
"It's sooo late... I shouldn't work out." "I'm tired, I can do double the effort tomorrow..."
Then when I just do it it's not that big of deal and I wonder why I was so complainy in my head...
I guess it's like Nike says... Just do it.

girlonfire
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Good luck on your surgery DivineFidelity! I'll be thinking of you and I'm sure you can find some exercise to do.

I have gotten back into my workout routine after slacking off for awhile to kick-start my weight loss and let me tell you; it has not been pretty. I am so sore, but I am dropping my sodium weight pretty well. I'm getting the nagging suspicion it isn't just sodium, but REAL weight that finally caught up to me and I just hope I can get it off and not fail you guys this week.

I'm watching Heavy to motivate myself haha...good luck team lovely leaves!!!

Brown
08-18-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm planning on not leaving the house today, so maybe I'll actually stick to my Fitday planned food for the first time in a long time.

ETA: HEY I STUCK TO FITDAY. Actually, I took a couple things off because I'm full and reached the end of my IF window. :)

Riestrella
08-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Right now I've been weighing in at 175 lbs, which if it keeps up could mean a 2 lb loss this week!! This hasn't happened since I started in April!! Excited!!

DivineFidelity
08-19-2011, 08:32 AM
well, it's surgery day. I have got to get ready, because we have to leave for the hospital in about 30 minutes and i'm still sitting in bed in my pajamas, but whatever. I just wanted to check in this morning. I'm not allowed to eat or drink anything until after, which sucks because i'm super thirsty right now, but i'll survive. I hope the rest of you ladies have a wonderful day! If i'm feeling up to it I may check back in later....we'll see =)

KittyKat1465
08-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Good luck Divine!

DivineFidelity
08-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks KittyKat! I'm doing fine. I'm back home recovering. The doctor said that my gallbladder was definitely what was causing all of my problems. I am in a lot of pain, but it's not unbearable. The only thing that really hurts is bending. I can't eat anything today but liquids, soup and crackers, doctors orders....so i've had a couple of popsicles and lots of grahm crackers. I'll probably have soup for dinner. I'm super exhausted....but that's to be expected after the anesthesia. Just thought I would check in with everyone. I'm about to fall asleep, so i'm going to go...bye everyone.

girlonfire
08-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Good luck on your recovery DivineFidelity! My sister had her gallbladder taken out and it is no cakewalk. Just rest up and you'll be back in the game in no time :hug:

My weight has been all over the place this week. Sunday it was 274 before spiking up to 282 on Monday and I've steadily been getting it down all week. Right now I'm at 276, which is a good loss from Monday, but I have to lose 3 lbs overnight to get it down to where I can post a challenge loss. All my bad habits these past couple of weeks finally caught up with me! I'm just glad it's only taking me a week to undo the damage.

melni
08-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA, I just moved back to school on Thursday. Luckily, everyone noticed my weight loss! :carrot:

Hope all is well!

kurisitaru
08-20-2011, 11:57 PM
!!!
School is about to start and I haven't really put in effort into weight loss.
I have had nothing to do all summer so it's been so easy to focus on weight loss. Now, with work starting up and school getting ready I've been so focused on my tasks now I haven't bothered to really check this site, to bother to update fitday or fitocracy, and working out has pretty much been walking and no shredding or anything.
I can't fail before school even starts!
><
I always do this...
So... tomorrow I'm updating fitday no matter what and doing a big work out no matter what. Right now I'm going to do the SHRED and then clean before passing out. I won't slip into bad habits again...

Brown
08-21-2011, 12:36 AM
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN. I hope tomorrow's weigh-in is better than I think it'll be. I've been on track for a few days, but I don't FEEL thinner like I usually do after a good day or two.

I'll be eating off plan tomorrow, as we're going to my boyfriend's grandparents' for a birthday dinner, so no Fitdaying.

Riestrella
08-21-2011, 06:11 AM
I lost 2 lbs this week! Woohoo!! Good luck everyone =)

DivineFidelity
08-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Hey guys. I was able to get up and get on the scale. I'm back to where I was 2 weeks ago before they put me on all that medicine before the surgery, which is a 1.4 pound loss this week (i believe. lol)....which could have been better, but considering I haven't been able to exercise much the past few days, and I haven't had any say in what I have been eating (it has been what my parents are willing to cook and bring to me....which is mostly cheap nasty stuff) then i guess it's not too bad. Hopefully I'll be feeling better in the next few days and I'll be able to do more things for myself, like cook my own food instead of eating the junk my parents cook. I've been told I can't do any strenuous exercising or anything for 6 weeks, which SUCKS...but on thursday when I go see the surgeon for the post-op appointment I'm going to ask him if swimming laps (if I go slowly) would be okay. I just want to be able to do SOMETHING, you know?

I'm still not feeling too great, but hopefully I'll be feeling better soon. I'm staying home from work all this week (which I cannot afford but have no other choice), and HOPEFULLY I'll be able to go back to work next monday, the 29th. That's the first day that my new Pre-K class will be in my room, and I would like to be there with them.

Anyways, I'm going to go lay down because I'm really not feeling well right now. I hope everyone has a terrific day, and that everyone remembers to weigh in! =D

girlonfire
08-21-2011, 10:46 PM
I was expecting a HUGE gain because the Korean food I ate last night was SO sodium packed (my jeans were tight, I was so bloated). BUT I didn't gain, just broke even. I feel like I have been massively failing at this challenge, but I am hoping for a big loss next week!

SMSDREAMER2007
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
New thread has been posted ENJOY!