20-Somethings BL Corner - Autumn Beauties Week 3 chat 8/15-8/21

SMSDREAMER2007
08-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Here is your week 3 thread! Sorry for my lateness Life happened. I will have stats ready for you tonight! Enjoy ;)

SMSDREAMER2007
08-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Mhill as for 7.5 and not 11 lost I have your starting weight as 266. Did you change it after you originally imputed it? or did I get it wrong?

SMSDREAMER2007
08-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey all. In doing the stats here is what I have noticed. A few of you have changed your starting weights AFTER giving me one meaning you signed up, put in a starting weight, I took that starting weight because I made a list as people signed up and then you came back and changed it after I recorded your starting weight. This unfortunately fuggers the numbers up and percentages come out wrong. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not do this. I will be going with the starting weights I was originally given for you as far as percentages. When numbers are changed it makes it sooooo much harder for me. Please stick with your ORIGINAL starting weight.

On that note. Here are the stats for the week!

Autumn Beauties Week 2

Week 1 Biggest loser
Mwgmix -3.2LBS (1.17%)

Honorable Mentions
mhill0823 -2.2LBS (0.86%)
ashley329 - 1.6 lbs (0.72%)

2 freebies used:
alsten02, , skittlez, lilneezy, my2cats, savanahfloc, streeps, snowdays

1 freebie used:
pacsunmama

winners thread is now updated here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/240441-falling-into-fall-weigh-thread-both-teams.html

Sibi
08-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Woo! Made it to yoga class today!

Hope my Beauties are having an awsome day.

KamsMoMa
08-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey ladies.. Checking in... I did 25 min on treadmill..

MeliZ
08-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone! I'm your new team captain. I'm here to do anything that's needed to hopefully lead our team to victory!

Spent some time tonight going over the spreadsheet and making my own so I can easily keep track of everyone. Few things: Mhill0823 and KamsMoMa there's different starting weights for you than what you have in the weight thread. Mhill, the spreadsheet has 266, not 260, is that wrong? And KamsMoMa, the spreadsheet has 195, not 196.5 for you, is that wrong?

Also, quite a few people have used freebies already and a few people that were posted on our team have seemed to disappear. You still have time to come back if you start posting now! But after this week, it'll be after the 2 week cut off for some people. Hope to see everyone! Don't forget you are also supposed to post once a week in the thread, not just post your weight. We'd like to see everyone keeping in touch. We're doing this to support each other. :)

Good job Sibi and KamsMoMa on being active today! Woohoo! :carrot:

KamsMoMa
08-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi Meliz- My starting weight is 196.5 hun .

mhill0823
08-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Mhill as for 7.5 and not 11 lost I have your starting weight as 266. Did you change it after you originally imputed it? or did I get it wrong?

Hey everyone! I'm your new team captain. I'm here to do anything that's needed to hopefully lead our team to victory!

Spent some time tonight going over the spreadsheet and making my own so I can easily keep track of everyone. Few things: Mhill0823 and KamsMoMa there's different starting weights for you than what you have in the weight thread. Mhill, the spreadsheet has 266, not 260, is that wrong? And KamsMoMa, the spreadsheet has 195, not 196.5 for you, is that wrong?

Also, quite a few people have used freebies already and a few people that were posted on our team have seemed to disappear. You still have time to come back if you start posting now! But after this week, it'll be after the 2 week cut off for some people. Hope to see everyone! Don't forget you are also supposed to post once a week in the thread, not just post your weight. We'd like to see everyone keeping in touch. We're doing this to support each other. :)

Good job Sibi and KamsMoMa on being active today! Woohoo! :carrot:

I edited it to 260 before the deadline but it's okay either way!! Just trying to figure it out!!!! It's all good!:)

Also thanks everyone for the kind words! Last weeks thread was closed before I could tell everyone thanks! We are all doing a great job! I'm so excited to be surrounded by such great and supportive people!:)

WE are ALL Amazing!:):carrot::hug:

megmix
08-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Yay MeliZ for stepping up and being our new captain! I've made today a rest day, but I might do some Kundalini yoga later on. Also today I made my first veggie and fruit smoothie. It's watercress, spinach, frozen berries with rice milk, water and ice. It came out brown. I wish I had added some unsweetened cocoa powder. It would've tasted like spicy chocolate. Hmm...next time.

Go! Team go! We'll be the biggest losers next week!

PacSunMama
08-16-2011, 12:42 AM
I did lose 5 pounds between starting weight and now and had to use a freebie last week because I posted late...

But anyways, I'm home now after a very VERY long drive.

This is 8 hours into the drive, with an hour to go. It should have taken 5.5 hours.
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/McMommy_2010/saddeandrive.jpg
I think I'm going to switch to the bridge to 10k program instead, or something similar. Maybe even run 5minutes, walk 1-2 minutes for 45-60 minutes. I just feel that the c25K isn't enough of a work out for me, I want to do more and I know that I can.

SMSDREAMER2007
08-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Mhill- that is where the issue lies. We will keep the 266. I asked everoyne NOT to change starting weight once they put one in because I was adding people to the list as they signed up. I was not going back and double checking those that had originally given me starting weights. That is why I asked people to put tba if they were going to edit weights so I would know to go back and look at them later. Sorry for the confusion, that is where the 11 lbs lost and the biggest loser for the first week came in. Glad we got that figured out ;) First time I am running any biggest loser challenge there's bound to be bumps (even if it wasnt my first time there would be bumps that's just who I am ahahahha) ;) Kamsmama did you change your starting weight before the deadline or did I imput it wrong?

Meliz- TY TY TY TY for stepping up! we are going to keep mhills starting weight as 266 since that was the original starting weight for all.

Good luck everyone in the coming week! Need anything? feel free to let myself or your new team captain meliz know!

mhill0823
08-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Just glad it's all cleared up. Leave it to me to misunderstand!!! Lol

MeliZ
08-16-2011, 08:03 AM
That's okay, mhill! You led our team to victory with your big weight loss the first week, hehe. :p

On an update, I somehow managed to gain weight yesterday morning having been perfectly on plan for a few days. Not sure how that happened! Yesterday I drank 4 bottles of water! I ate slightly more than I had been at 1820, but still within my calorie range of supposedly being able to lose weight. Plus, I kept it all to healthy food - grilled chicken, fruit, yogurt, etc. I was just super hungry for some reason. This morning, I weighed in at 254.4 so bringing that back down from the slight gain.

Hope everyone has a great day! I just hope I make it through my day. Huge deadline at work this week has me stressing - which would probably account for the extra hunger yesterday. I tend to eat when I'm stressed. lol. Packing more healthy things today, so if I do snack at least I grab for fruit and not the candy and chip machine!

KamsMoMa
08-16-2011, 12:51 PM
@SMS- Hey hun I changed mine before the deadline..

Sibi
08-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Yay for Meli!

Alrighty, so, I just got done doing a 40 minute walk not to mention it was super super busy at work today and so I was on my feet almost the entire time. I'm pretty proud of myself this week so far. Keeping the calories low and the exercise high. Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day but I just might do an easy walk. We'll see.

I'll probably end up posting my weight on Saturday as I'm going out for sushi and drinks with the boyfriend and a couple of friends of ours that same night. Scared to death of what that will make the scale do Sunday morning. Going to try not to overdo it but honestly, I haven't had sushi is long time and I'm honestly really looking forward to it. However, ever since the boyfriend's parents stayed with us for a couple of weeks and we made homemade sushi, I've really found myself liking simply the sushi rice and fish more, especially tuna. I don't know, all the extra stuff is good but rice/fish/wasabi just really kick butt. You get more of the fish taste in there and I'm one of those few that like the taste of the raw fish. So if I just go for the straight Japanese sushi, I shouldn't do too bad.

Anywho, that's enough of my rambling. Time to go shower off.

mhill0823
08-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Every week when I go to zumba some of the girls always stay after for a 15 minutes abs class and I always think "No way, not me"
Well I got talked into it tonight after class.
It was AWESOME! I didn't keep up quite as well because I was new but It was super fun and easy... I am FEELING it though! lol

Hope everyone is having a great week!:)

Update on my job: I had my 2nd interview yesterday... still feeling like I may not get it, but I'm holding onto my hope!:)

MeliZ
08-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Sibi, I usuallly post my weight Saturday, too. I find it easier than forgetting to do it on Sunday. Plus, I usually go out to eat on Saturday nights with my husband, so like to weigh in officially Saturday morning, lol

Mhill, that's awesome! Good job! :carrot: Good luck with your job, I'm sure you nailed it. :)

megmix
08-17-2011, 12:27 AM
pacsunmama - What a cutie pie!

mhill - It's great to hear about your job interview progress. I really hope you get it!

Yesterday I did end up doing some Kundalini yoga. It helped tremendously with my heart palpitations. I get them when I stay up way past the yawning stage or don't get enough sleep. If I mind them too much they can cause a panic attack, which is not fun at all. The breathing helped calm me down and I just felt so wonderful after the workout. It was amazing.

Today I did 4 miles with WATP. Every time I think it's getting easier, I try a little harder and it kicks my butt. I'm going to continue walking with Leslie until I meet my 180 mile goal, then I'll cut back a bit and maybe start the 30 Day Shred.

Lastly, my scale died on Monday. I've ordered replacement batteries, but if it turns out that it's actually dead (barely a month old), I may have to use a freebie for this week's weigh-in while I get a new scale.

I hope everyone is doing well!

PacSunMama
08-17-2011, 03:36 AM
sibi- I LOVE real sushi, but I always get tempted (and stuffed to the brim) with the different rolls! Enjoy it!

Mhill- GREAT job on the abs class, way to push yourself and succeed! Good luck on getting the job! I hope you do!

Meg- awesome job for you too! Great job on the WATP program and also the yoga

Things are resuming normalcy and I'm so very glad to be home. I went a little over cals today since hubby sprung a fancy last-minute dinner on me! I thought I was being safe by ordering a grilled entree with veggies, but everything was SWIMMING in butter! It took so dang long to get our food that I just ate it (and it was okay... for the cals and the price really not worth it, but it was fine) Otherwise the day went great. I'm so happy to be home and so are the boys. The baby was just so incredibly happy today, his little world is back in balance now, and L was excited to play in his own room again. Poor guy had been away for 10 days!

Sibi
08-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Just stopping by really quick to say hey to all my Beauties. I hope you're all having a wonderful hump day!

KamsMoMa
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey ladies. I purchased Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred & Ripped In 30 yesterday.. I've heard so many good things about these DVDs so I'm going to give them a try.. I will incorporate this into my original workout calendar.

Have any of you ladies tried this? Any warnings before I get started lol :D

KamsMoMa
08-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Check in- Just finished 30 Day Shred D1L1 ..... Very nice workout... I plan on walking 15mins on the treadmill before dinner..

MeliZ
08-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Meg – Yaye for the workouts! Thanks for letting us know about your scale. Hope it starts working. If it’s only a month old, do you have some kind of warranty for it? Because that’s crap that it’s already breaking on you!

PacSunMama – My husband springs last minute dinners on me, too. I hate going into a restaurant and not having time looking up calories for everything! Good job attempting to make a good choice. Glad you’re back home and relaxing now. Your baby is adorable, btw.

Sibi – happy hump day!

KamsMoMa – I have not tried it. I’ve heard it’s brutal though, lol. Good job!

On an update about me, was sick today so left work early. Taking it easy and probably hitting the bed soon because tomorrow and Friday I have to work long hours due to the deadline and leaving early today. So, really didn't get any workouts or anything in. But I kept my calories perfect today at 1750 (exactly what my goal is right now for my weight), even though my husband was spoiling me because I was sick and offering to pick up dinner at any restaurant I want. I decided against it and just asked him to make me a home made grilled chicken sandwich and munched on some lite ranch and raw veggies. It was nice not having to cook anyway - and I figured we eat out enough of the weekends, I didn't want to add another day. So glad there's only a few more days until the weekend, and the extra vitamin C seems to be warding off the cold slightly.

Already planned all my meals/snacks for tomorrow, so I know tomorrow will be another on plan day. :)

KamsMoMa
08-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi my girls :)..Checking in- I did TF HIIT 15... I'm very sore from the 30 Day Shred workout :(...
How are you ladies holding up???

Sibi
08-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Just got done doing my 2.2 mile walk. Feeling really good this week. I'm honestly expecting a good weigh in on Saturday. Crossing fingers!

I'm sooo ready for more weight to come off my lower belly and arms. Those places seem to be taking forever to go down. I can see quite a difference in my face and upper body (minus arms) but gah, I'm ready for that lower belly fat to move on. Ah well, patience is a virtue as they say.

Hope everyone is doing well!

megmix
08-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Hello Beauties! I hope everyone is doing well!

My scale is not dead. Yay! I'm not sure what happened to it but it's doing fine now.

Yesterday I walked 5 miles with Leslie and today I did 3 miles. I also finished for the first time ever 'Exhale: Core Fusion Body Sculpt'. The first time I tried it I had absolutely no conditioning and gave up after the first two segments. It was too much. Today I managed to get through it. Sure, I took breaks, but for the most part I kept up and didn't give up. I can't believe how much stronger I've become, but I sill have a ways to go. My legs feel like jelly and so do my arms. I think I'll do it once a week and then move up to twice a week. :D

MeliZ
08-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Man, you all are making me feel like I should up my workouts, haha. Great job all of you!

I have an early meeting this morning, so am trying to wake up and get going. Took my shower, but had to sit down for a minute to readjust my eyes, haha. Thought I'd check in and say hi! We're having a food thing at work today with a big meeting, and everyone actually in the office (a lot of people work from home), so there's going to be a lot of cookies, chips, sweets, etc. I plan on having a taste of a few things, but also packed plenty of raw veggies, my regular yogurt granola and banana breakfast, and figured I'd have a salad for lunch. My main plan - don't go overboard!

Super glad that the weekend starts soon!

PacSunMama
08-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Meli, I've taken the week off my usual C25K program and I'm actually losing weight again... I don't get it at all! But anyway, things are going well here. The countdown is on to move to Texas, just 27 days left and then we head out. I'm really excited, although maybe a little nervous too!

Sibi
08-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Sorry for no check in yesterday. Was hanging with a friend most of the evening.

So I'm proud to say that this week went awsome for me. Down to 206.8 for a 3.4 lb loss for the week. Ever better than I was expecting.

Good luck to the rest of you ladies!

KamsMoMa
08-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Quick check-in... Friday I completed D2L1 of 30 Day Shred. Today I walked 20 mins on treadmill @ 3.0 & 3.5 mph..

PinkSnowDays
08-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey Ladies! Just checking in quick... finally back! My mini weekend away to visit family turned into a week away... it was nice though. Back to work this upcoming Monday for two weeks of training before the students start. Summer flew by this year for me

Going to catch up on all the posts tonight! Excited to be back!

Sibi
08-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Good luck today ladies!

MeliZ
08-21-2011, 09:31 AM
I usually weigh in on Saturday's, and boy am I glad I did. Gained weight this morning. Knew it was coming.. Got a little out of control Friday / Saturday. Trying to get motivated and get back on track! Spending my day home and plan on limiting my calorie intake + getting some exercise to get back in the groove. I have to spend my day packing up my apartment since we're moving in not next weekend, but the weekend after and barely have anything done!

I'll be posting the new thread tonight before bed instead of tomorrow since I want to make sure you guys have the new thread in the morning. Then, I'll do the weigh in stuff tomorrow night when I get home from work. Don't forget to weigh in if you haven't already. I'm on Eastern Standard time, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference with the time stamps - as a warning. Good luck!

PinkSnowDays
08-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey ladies! Got on the scale this morning after a week away... I was scared! No weight loss but also not a gain. Whew! When ever I am away with family and friends it is so hard for me to stay on track as get togethers always seem to revolve around food. Back to the gym tonight!

Sibi
08-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Now that I'm feeling better I'm here to be a little more chatty.

Had an awsome time last night. Found out the name for just the sushi rice and fish which is nigiri. Ended up having about nine pieces all together of either tuna and shimp. It was soooooo good. So all in all, I did really well there.

Drinks however.... I ended up having four mixed drinks at the restaurant as did the boyfriend (our bill was almost $150 with tip, ouch). And THEN, we all went to our friends' house for brain hemorrhage and bloody p**** shots and I think there was a beer and an Irish car bomb thrown in there as well. Phew. Needless to say my tummy was not exactly happy with me this morning but we had a ton of fun last night.

But to it today! Have to get rid of those empty calories by next week.

MeliZ
08-21-2011, 02:36 PM
PinkSnow, good job not gaining! That's great.

Sibi, glad you had a good time. I had way too many empty calories this weekend, too. We'll have to work together this week to get back on track. :)

PacSunMama
08-21-2011, 11:05 PM
201.8 yesterday, down 1.2 this week!

MeliZ
08-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Great job, PacSun!

I am super happy that I lost all the weight I gained Saturday and Sunday this morning and I'm back down to where I was on Friday for the start of my week. :)

I'll be working on everything tonight when I get home from work. From now on, use the new thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/241352-autumn-beauties-week-4-chat-8-22-8-28-a.html

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

SMSDREAMER2007
08-22-2011, 01:16 PM
New thread is up. :D