Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5' 5"

Default New to this site

I am Kortnie, 17 years young, currently a senior in high school and starting a few college this fall semester. I am a Calfornia girl, and I always feel self-conscious with all these skinny pretty girls around here. I am losing weight for four reasons, to feel better about my body, get healthy, I am going to Jamaica in April for my 18th/Graduation present and get into the United States Navy. I have always been a chubby girl since forever. The highest weight I have reached was 195 starting in my sophomore year of high school, this terrified me. I lost five pounds, and I started depo-provera birth control shot at the end of my sophomore year. This caused me to stay at 190 for more then a year, I couldn't lose or gain weight no matter what I did! I am now off it, I have done the cabbage soup diet once with some cheating and lost 6 pounds. I have started just eating low-carb and low calorie. I have lost 7 more pounds since then, and every so often eating sweets and pasta. I love baking and of course foods(pasta&breads) that just so happen to have tons of carbohydrates. I am now down to 177 and hope to keep going to get to 150 or at least 160! 160 is the maximum weight for a female my height to join the United States Navy, unless your body fat happens to be 33% or under. I'm at 37% last time I had measured my body.
I hope this site will help me out with my process of losing weight, and hope to get some support, give support to others during their journey and possibly make a few friends, who knows.

Last edited by whitelikechalk; 08-15-2011 at 02:37 PM.
whitelikechalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Kortnie! This is a wonderful place to get ideas, support and just discuss weight loss challenges and just life in general. Glad you could join us!
-Dena
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 124/124/105

Welcome Kortnie

I'm glad you found your way to 3FC it's a very welcoming environment here. and it makes you stay on track. i've been here for about 2 weeks and i just can't pass a day without logging in to say hi and know how my fellows r doing here.

just pick a group (a thread)who has your same goal and stick together, share how u exercise, what u eat everyday , what u do and everything you'll find lots of support.

and I'm here for yo if u need my support as well. i love how u have it all clear and set, u want to lose 40 pounds for 4 specific reasons. that's great. i spent a year just "wanting to lose weight" and i didn't lose any because i didn't know how mch i had to lose. but now it's all clear, i'm on track.

You can do it, girl!

Hope you have a nice day, white
happygirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl5 View Post
Welcome Kortnie

I'm glad you found your way to 3FC it's a very welcoming environment here. and it makes you stay on track. i've been here for about 2 weeks and i just can't pass a day without logging in to say hi and know how my fellows r doing here.

just pick a group (a thread)who has your same goal and stick together, share how u exercise, what u eat everyday , what u do and everything you'll find lots of support.

and I'm here for yo if u need my support as well. i love how u have it all clear and set, u want to lose 40 pounds for 4 specific reasons. that's great. i spent a year just "wanting to lose weight" and i didn't lose any because i didn't know how mch i had to lose. but now it's all clear, i'm on track.

You can do it, girl!

Hope you have a nice day, white
Thank you very much
whitelikechalk is offline   Reply With Quote