General chatter - Need Some Advice of a Female Nature!!

RollTideRoll
08-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey Fellow Chickers!! Need some advice...Iím 29, have two beautiful daughters and do not want another child. Iím throwing around the idea of having a tubal ligation...Hereís my dilemma..I have PCOS and normally donít ovulate on my own. If I am not on birth control pills, I will go 6 to 8 months without having a period. I had to use Clomid (fertility drug) to conceive both my children. However, Iíve been on BC for 14 years (had to be put on them at an early age to regulate my cycle) and I am tired of remembering a pill everyday and would love to not have that burden. Now that Iím done having children, I donít think it would be a problem for me to not have a regular cycle. Iíve heard of women who absolutely love the results after itís done, and Iíve also heard horror stories!!! I just donít want to turn 40, forget a pill and pop up pregnant, so this would greatly reduce the chance of that happening!! Let me know what yaíll think!!

fitmom
08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi, I'm 39 and had a tubal ligitation four years ago when I was thirty-five about a year after giving birth to my second and final child. My sister had an 'Oops' so that's what spurred me on. I'd always had it in the back of my mind to do a tubal once I was done having a family. It was the best $150.00 I ever spent, lol. The insurance company covered the whole cost except for the surgical fee which was the abovementioned amount. I didn't have any of the issues you had so my situation is a bit different. I was on the pill for ten years with two breaks while TTC and I was tired of taking it. My DH has a pre-existing health problem so him getting 'snipped' wasn't an option. It was same-day surgery. Now, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, it was painful afterwards akin to having given birth. But after one week I was back to normal. A few days later, the stitches came out of my navel and doctor gave me the okay to resume 'normal activities', if you catch my drift. It was, by far, the best decision I ever made. Good luck to you and hope this helps. :)

Expunge
08-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Check out Essure:

http://www.essure.com/

It's supposed to be a bit more comfortable to have done than a tubal ligation, since it's non-surgical. There's also a bit less down-time.

puneri
08-15-2011, 01:19 PM
i wud say you first attempt to achieve normal weight. most of your problems wud dsappear. Because sometimes going against nature wud cause weight problem. What I mean is your weightloss may be difficult.
I am pretty sure your weight is because of your gynic problems.

sheramama
08-18-2011, 10:21 PM
I have an IUD which I love (the 10 yr copper one). You can always go that route too.