Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 08:24 AM   #1  

Talking New to the group!!!

Hi my name is Hazel and my friend Debkay told me about you! I have been a fat chick for years that is what my friends and I have always called ourselves!! How cool that you all have a website!!!

Here is a little about me I am a stay at home mom to 4 wonderful sons, ages 15, 7, 2, & 1, and I have the BEST husband in the world!

I am having Lap RNY on the 5th of Feb!! And I am very excited! I have waited a long time for this date. I found out back in April that my insurance co would not cover WLS so I had to wait until Jan to change, and that was tough because the company that my husband works for made us choose in Nov and they will not have the explanation of benefits ready until March! So we had no idea if it would cover WLS!

My consult was on the 13th and my Dr.'s office faxed my stuff to my insurance Tues. night, I called Wed .morning and they had to get it off the fax machine, I asked the lady to please look over it and make sure that everything was there. She said she would and call me back (this was at 9:30 am). She called me back in a few min and said that she needed to know my waist size. Ok so I go running around the house to find a tape measure, I measure it, and she says call me back on Friday and I should have an answer. I was thinking WOW that would be great!

So that afternoon about 4:30 my phone rings and it is the same lady from my insurance co (Definity health). And she said I just wanted to call you to let you know that you have been approved for surgery and I am about to call your Dr.'s office. All I could do was cry and say thank you. She says go ahead and cry I love to make people happy! Total my approval took 7 hours!!!

I am still floating!! My Dr.s office had been so kind as to put me on the surgery schedule before I got approved so that when I did I would not have to wait any longer!

So I have 13 days to go! I can't even begin to tell you all how excited I am!!!

Hazel
Old 01-23-2003, 08:47 AM   #2  

Oh Hazel!

Your post brightened my day!!!

Any friend of Debkay, is a friend of mine!

4 boys !!!!!!!! YOWSER....I can hardly manage my two!

I's write more but I am about to scoot out the door!

later! and I am so glad you joined in!!!!

hugs and all that good stuff!
peach
Old 01-23-2003, 11:13 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

hazel.. how exciting!!! and congratulations!! and you couldn't have a better guide through this journey than the divine ms debk!!!

so.... what protein supplement are you planning to use??? i'm SURE deb told you i'd ask this!!!

welcome@@ more later
Old 01-23-2003, 11:28 AM   #4  

That is funny that you ask about protein because I am ordering a ton of samples today!! But I think I am going with 100% Whey Protein by Optimum Nutrition. Because of cost. I feel that I really do not care how bad it tastes it is a necessary evil!!! As a matter of fact when I have heard people complaining about the tastes of protein I have said that "if my dr said I had to drink Yak pee everyday for this to work I would be trying to figure out where to buy a yak"!!

Hazel
Old 01-23-2003, 11:42 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Hi Hazel

I just want you all to know that Hazel, is a cute, funny lady. She will fit in well here.

And she's not kidding, she has a wonderful hubby!!

Glad your here Hazel
Debbie
Old 01-23-2003, 02:04 PM   #6  

Yak pee! HA HA! What about jumping rope while holding onto your boobs?

Nice to meet you, Hazel! My name is Patty and I am looking forward to my first consultation on Feb 4. Good luck to you!
Old 01-23-2003, 07:01 PM   #7  

I thought, when I read Debkay's post that she was going to say....she's not kidding....

she really would look for yak pee!

ROFL!

Hazel! I am glad you joined us. Your insurance approval MUST be a record for speed!

post early and often

oh, yea, forgot to ask.....

do you like baseball?

peach
Old 01-23-2003, 07:19 PM   #8  

I like to play it! Not a big fan of watching it!!

Hazel
Old 01-23-2003, 07:45 PM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

Boy Hazel, you don't know how loaded that question about baseball was.

It's almost spring, time for peachie and debkay to start our yearly wars on baseball.

Hazel, peachie is a fan of those da*n Yankee's, and of course I'm a Brave's fan..........peachie just can't face the fact that the Yankee's are has beens

Duck Hazel............duck..........it's starting early this year.

Debbie
Old 01-23-2003, 11:59 PM   #10  
Old Cackler

ggeeeeezzzzz!!!~!! we haven't even played the superbowl yet, and it's starting ALREADY???????
Old 01-24-2003, 05:27 AM   #11  

You guys crack me up!! But I must confess that if I had to pick a team it would be the Braves (me ducking)!!!!

Hazel
Old 01-24-2003, 09:23 AM   #12  
she who must be obeyed

Good choice Hazel.............duck and run!!

Where is Chickadee when you need her. Hazel, Chickadee is a chick from CO, she's a Rockie's fan, but we gang up on peachie, cause we both, Chickadee and I just can't stand those da*m Yankee's.

Oh yea, ask peachie what I sent to her little guy's. A Chipper Jones and Andruw (yes, that is the correct spelling) Jones bobble head dolls!! I'm sure their in 4 zillion pieces now, but I told her if they wanted to jump up and down on them it was okay.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:24 AM   #13  
she who must be obeyed

peachie, I love ya.......you know that!!!
Old 01-24-2003, 09:31 AM   #14  

The bobble heads are in a secure undisclosed location.

ROFL

It is not too soon to talk baseball....I think pitchers and catchers with cute butts report soon....if not already.

I don't know when the ugly butt ones return.

I MUST get to work but I am resting my lazy butt because I just took two fifty pound containers of toys down to the basement and I am out of breath.....can't WAIT for that to be better!!

peach
Old 01-24-2003, 10:33 AM   #15  
she who must be obeyed

catchers with cute butts !!!!!

Gosh peachie, 50 pound containers, be careful, you don't want to throw out your back, and I'm being serious here.

After all, if your laid up and can't post, who will I cause trouble with.

Debbie
Closed Thread