Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! 8/15 - 8/21

Diana3271
08-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

shellsbrood
08-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Hi gals!

Nothing much to report here. My body seems to like the 173 number. I've been here for 2 weeks now.

Today's Info:

Breakfast: Berry Berry Kix, skim milk, coffee (350)
Snack: DD egg white wake up wrap (150)
Lunch: tilapia and rice (300)
Snack: veggie straws (130)
Dinner: Taco salad (300)
Dessert: Chocolate (130)
Calories: 1360 (and I'm feeling peckish!)

Oh, I had to share a comment I had in the store the other day. An elderly gentleman who knows me saw me in the store and said "You've lost some weight, haven't you?". I smiled and said "Yes, about 88lbs". He said "I knew it!" and then added "The thinner you get, the prettier and prettier you are.". Talk about flooring me! I guess I was unattractive when I was bigger? But, I ended up laughing it off. I bet he probably just says what everyone else thinks...and he's about 90 years old, too. But, still...I was kinda :eek:

shellsbrood
08-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Diana, I love your new picture! :val1:

ETA: Wow...wow...WOW!! I just saw the pictures you posted in the last thread. You look AMAZING!! Seriously, if someone had me guess your weight, I would have gone with 115/120. You look GREAT!! :cp:

mamakat
08-14-2011, 11:52 PM
I have been having a super super hard time with cravings this weekend. Oh man, I can't even write it in words. I have been trying to stay busy...reading and watching movies. My family is in sabotage mode. The kids are all about muffins and ice cream and even DH (who doesn't even like sweets)bought tootsie rolls when we went on treats for family (minus me :() run. I really was just gonna get the dog something (she looked bored for the first time in 10 years, so I thought I'd spoil her). But not one thing for me, and it literally hurts right now. I'm achy and jonsing. I've been dealing with a headache for a week and I can't even be sure if this isn't psychosomatic. All I know is I WANT donuts and cake and I want them bad.

But with each day I don't cave into it, I feel a little more successful, although it hasn't shown on the scale in a month. I've had intestinal trouble for the same length of time, so I'm wondering if something is going on. I am trying so hard to stay positive, even haven't written to you all just so I didn't sound like a drag. And I'm not even sure why I'm doing it now.

Maybe I'll encourage someone down the road, IDK. I really don't, but I'm here, I'm fighting the cravings, the discouragement, the saboteurs, myself...it's so hard and at this point I don't even know if I'll see results, but I've got this mentality that I've got to do this because I deserve it...I deserve good health. To say I deserve anything has been the hardest triumph in my life so losing weight because I deserve should be a little easier :D

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Stay positive!

Diana3271
08-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Shells Thank you! :hug: It's good to see you. Sometimes people just don't say things the right way. They are well meaning, though.

Mama Hang in there. I had some cravings today, too. Sometimes it's rough. :hug:

LGW
08-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)
July 31 217.8 - August 15th official weigh in

1.2 lb loss last week

8/14 - 216.2

OK...here we go....thanks Diana

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 12:10 AM
LGW Congrats on the 1.2 pounds! I know it was a hard fight, but you got it done!

Shells Look at you making me feel good! ;) Thank you very much! :D

berryblondeboys
08-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Oh, I had to share a comment I had in the store the other day. An elderly gentleman who knows me saw me in the store and said "You've lost some weight, haven't you?". I smiled and said "Yes, about 88lbs". He said "I knew it!" and then added "The thinner you get, the prettier and prettier you are.". Talk about flooring me! I guess I was unattractive when I was bigger? But, I ended up laughing it off. I bet he probably just says what everyone else thinks...and he's about 90 years old, too. But, still...I was kinda :eek:

See, I would totally get that because who finds themselves as attractive at higher weights than lower weights. I "know" I'm prettier at a lower weight, why wouldn't everyone else? I would take that as a really nice compliment from that old coot!

Ready2BThinna
08-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'ved been visiting 3FC for years, gained & lost, gained & lost and finally tired of the yo-yo. Calorie counting, though relatively new to it, along with intermittent fasting, appears to be working and keeps my energy levels even. I'm liking this. :)

What has been missing for me is genuine support and accountability. Tonight, I decided to get proactive and join in on some ongoing discussion threads here. It's my hope that sharing what I'm experiencing will assist me in staying the course and hopefully help others who may be finding resistance. My immediate goal is to make this a lifestyle change and say "buh-bye" to yo-yo sizes forever.

Jean

ps: MamaKat, have you tried probiotics to ease the digestive issues? I resisted them for a while but found they made a noticeable difference in how I felt and got me back on track :o

Larry H
08-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Diana I really like your new avatar!!:D

My fourth week of Calorie Cycling

8/8/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 1235 (416 under)
8/9/11 - Tue -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1406 (95 under)
8/10/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1516 (15 over)
8/11/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 1193 (158 under)
8/12/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1408 (393 under)
8/13/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1677 (176 over)
8/14/11 - Sun -goal 1201 calories - actual was 1191 (10 under)

Total for this week was 959 calories under

My sodium was 1119 mg which is 880 mg under my goal of 2000 mg

My weight remains at 217

I did get in a mile of walking and it felt good.

I am repairing my lawn mower for the third time this week and hope to get back to cutting my jungle tomorrow. Each break down was a different thing.

Larry,

DZackery
08-15-2011, 02:55 AM
HELLO! I've been kinda MIA the last week or so. We went to TN on vacation and now we are finally home, unpacked and settled. I gained a pound this week but considering my atrocious eating...I'm cool with it. Back OP tomorrow. We had a great time with the kids and I even got some hiking in. :) Well..I think it's finally night night time...I've been up with a sick chihuahua....I hate when they get sick at the babysitter...hope he makes it through. Night

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Weigh In: 145 (I think TTOM has started)

Up: 1.6 pounds (I didn't have enough calories for a gain, so it could be the carbs/sugar, pending TTOM, or the fact that I went too bed to late. I am betting that it's a combo of all 3 :lol:)

Ready2BThinna Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Larry Thank you! Great job on staying so consistent!

DZackery A pound is not bad at all for vacation!

zoodoo613
08-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Happy Monday morning!

The scale is creeping upward, to 194.0 this morning. TOM is coming. My feet are sausages and my boobs are about to pop, so I'm sure I'm carrying around some water weight.

My calories were pretty high yesterday, about 1850. We made some ice cream, mint chocolate trip, with the mint from the garden. I couldn't say no to that!

berryblondeboys
08-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Ovulation came early (a huge gift) and a bigger gift is that I'm losing already whereas I usually hold that weight for a few days before dropping the water. Still 1.4 pounds over my all time low, but 1.0 down from my ovulation high. (.6 down from yesterday).

Doing Zumba this evening. Have to take my younger son to the dentists this morning and then I'm canceling his Psychologist appt. I'm not feeling this counselor is going anywhere with what we need treatment for.

mamakat
08-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Good morning everyone,
Last night or yesterday I guess rained so much it flooded the bottom floor of our mall! That's crazy. I live at the beach and usually they are getting evacuated but I didn't hear the sirens at all yesterday...so weird. Turns out it was the drainage system that broke because it couldn't handle the intake. But all that ground floor is now destroyed so who knows when the mall will be reopened, crazy!

ReadyToB I take probiotics, but the "regular" thing isn't really my problem. To be honest after 2 colonoscopies and one endo, plus a full intestinal pill camera the doctor hasn't really been able to "find" the problem. On one had, I'm thankful as I just feel like I have enough on my plate. On the other hand, not knowing what causes such pain and sometimes severe bleeding (last episode being last year) is frustrating and a bit scary. Aside from going through all those stinking procedures theres not much they can do if they can't find the source. My doctor says Celiac's is the cause although she can't "prove" it. I think my case fascinates her and since my insurance is good she likes do the everything she can. The camera pill was very exciting (even among my DH's facebook friends). LOL I'm glad I can entertain others along the way :D A lot asked what happens to the pill...I just walk away :p My DH can field those questions by himself. :)

So it's time to push on! The rainy weather is making my muscles scream out, but I'm gonna ignore them and pay better attention to myself starting today. It's time to return to the gym. I am hoping that it will help me push through this depression as last night was NOT good. I began to contemplate which would be the lesser evil. That's not good. I made it through another day without doing damage to myself or my diet so that is good. Now I need to think of offense instead of defense. I need to get proactive and what better place than the gym. I need to get these muscles warmed up!

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day. :)

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Zoodoo I hear you on TTOM. ;)

Berry Congrats on the .6 from yesterday. Enjoy your Zumba class tonight.

Proatthis
08-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone

I have never posted in this thread before. But who doesn't need some accountability in their life?

I'm following weight watchers and started May 30 this year. I have lost a total of 12.5 pounds. And I'm very happy about that! :carrot:

I had a great weekend and my my NSV for the weekend was going to the country fair and NOT having any funnel cake when my DH bought one!
Also we went to someone elses cottage and there was lots of treats and food and I stayed on program! :D

I am doing the ripped in 30 workout and managed to get a workout in on Saturday. Sunday no workout but I did lift and carry 15 very heavy patio squares from the front yard to the back! Lol.
Last night was a bit of a splurge I had 3 slices veggie pizza with my salad. But after I was feeling the need for a sweetie and I ate a tablespoon of icing (I had made earlier for a cake) right off the spoon! Before I shoved it under the hot water to get rid of the last 2 tablespoons. Then finished off the nighth with a cup of berries and some FF cool whip instead for dessert.

I don't weigh in till Tuesday and I'm hoping for a loss this week but TOM is looming so we will see.

Hope everyone has a great day!

zoodoo613
08-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Ooh, I forgot! Yesterday was 5 months of this journey, longer than I've ever held on before.

The main character of the last book I read was an alcoholic, early in sobriety. I feel like that, counting my days. Luckily, with weight loss, you don't need to start the count over if you mess up.

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Proatthis Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Congrats on your progress, so far.

Maile
08-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Good morning. I am up early so I can exercise before work. The scale finally moved after stagnation. Down one pound to 162. Boy it is slow going to get into the 50s.

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Maile Great job on getting your exercise in early. Congrats on that pound!

DZackery
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Good morning. After a long night of forcing fluids down Poncho's throat....I weighed in at 167.4 so I'm down .4

I think Aa trip into town is in order to get some goodies for the poncho dog. He is showing signs of parvo but I think it may just be a bad case of "I partied too hardy at aunt kim's house" . Nevertheless....I need to get some electrolytes into him so I think we will be getting some pedialyte.

Happy losing to all!

violet826
08-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Morning Everyone! Ill be back later for personals. Just wanted to pop on and tell you about my week last week

So I am a bit down this morning. Monday to Monday weigh in for last week, and I didnt lose anything. But it was soooo weird because I lost, then gained?

Heres my stuff for the week. My daily calorie goal is 1200

Monday- Weigh in 152.4 // Calories in- 991 // Exercise 1hour Zumba//TOM Started Sunday
Tuesday- Weigh in 153.2 // calories in- 1093 // Exercise 30 min elliptical
Wednesday- weigh in 152.2// Calories in - 1197// Exercise 1 hour elliptical
Thursday- Weigh in 151.2// Calories in - 1465 (wine night)//TOM over
Friday - Weigh in 150.8 // Calories in - 1048// Exercise 1hour Zumba
Saturday - Weigh in 151.4// Calories in - 1288// Exercise 30 min Treadmill
Sunday- Weigh in- 151.8// Calories in -(didnt write it down, but it was around 1100)

Todays weigh in - 152.4 ?????

So basically after a week of healthy eating and exercise, didnt lose anything. :(

Vixsin
08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Good Morning All,

Another great weekend! Dinner at my house went great! We were all up way too late! Saturday was spent with those same friends and we all went to a gorge and had dinner together and watched a movie, etc. Not nearly enough water this weekend resulted in destroying all of the water I took off all of last week. :( I am focused and on plan. My eating was great all weekend long. Although I do think I was a bit low on calories at times. I won't be hanging with my friend for the next few weeks as he and his boys are going on vacation with his friends next week and then the following week school starts. :eek: The week after that is my friend's wedding that he's supposed to be my +1 at.

I am staying strong through all of this with my eating. I am not over-indulging. I am trying to get some sort of movement in even if it's just cleaning or dancing. I feel that as things calm down as summer winds down, my body will settle down too. I'm not hyper-focused on my number, it's how I'm feeling and the choices that I am making. I'm learning, so it's definitely a hesitant confidence. I DO need to work on the water. That's a BIG BIG focus for today, for sure!

Hope everyone is doing well. Will check back at lunch when I can catch up.

BTW, Diana: love the new pic!

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-15-2011, 10:45 AM
I am checking in. I have lost 3 pounds for the week! :carrot: I survived the weekend!

Keep up the good work everyone! And...make sure you check in each day!

Andejean
08-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Morning all! Today is the day i get the straws out of my nose! The discomfort has been getting lesser every day, but I hope getting the packing and straws out will make it MUCH easier to breathe. I also get to find out when I can go back to the gym. I really want to get back to it, but I'm afraid it's still too soon. Only been 4 days. I'll let you know the verdict when I return. Cecil is taking me, and we may stop at Kohls to spend the gift certificate my practicum teacher gave me in June. I'm not sure I want to spend it yet... I plan on getting smaller...

berryblondeboys
08-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I am checking in. I have lost 3 pounds for the week! :carrot: I survived the weekend!

Keep up the good work everyone! And...make sure you check in each day!

Way to go! A great week for you!

mamakat
08-15-2011, 11:39 AM
If I counted right then I'm down .8 from last Monday...who knows if it will stick :p Time to hit the bike! :ebike:

shishkeberry
08-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Welcome, proatthis!
Feeling a little down this morning. I'm up to 257 and Wi can feel TOM just around the corner. I'm still down 1lb since last monday so the gain isn't all bad. It's rainy here today. Have a good day, all.

alaskanlaughter
08-15-2011, 12:58 PM
good morning...exhausting weekend...if anyone wants to see pics from the wedding that i was working on, it's in last weeks' Daily thread or on facebook...i caught up yesterday on all the things i should have been doing saturday but i was doing the wedding instead...yesterday was laundry, shopping, bills, work shopping (yes i work if i need to on weekends), hemming, all sorts of stuff...DH made a nice fire in the fireplace last night so we sat and enjoyed that...good to have my older son home also, he flew back friday night

going to work in a minute...i get an extra day to set up my classroom this week, which is awesome since i have zero help with it...it will be a day of dragging around heavy furniture and getting stuff ready...my boss W typically doesnt let any staff go to their sites yet to set up, wanting all staff at the summer program and also because other staff will say they're "at their site" and then just slack off....but he told me that, as long as everyone else thinks i'm out sick today, to just go over there and work because he knows i will actually GO THERE and WORK lol..and only him and i ever see my timesheet anyhow lol....im sooooo grateful for an extra day at my site, i have sooo much work to be done

mamakat
08-15-2011, 05:20 PM
A little good news...although I didn't lose pounds I did lose 5 inches! So sticking to it even when it's dog gone hard is actually paying off. :)

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
DZackery Great job on the .4.

Violet I was looking at your calorie log. Maybe you are eating too few calories. Have you tried eating about 1500-1600 consistently to see what happens?

Vixsin Thank you. You really have a lot going on. Keep that focus going!

WannaBeLoserAgain Congrats on the 3 pounds for the week.

Andejean I hope everything goes well with your Dr. visit today.

Shishkeberry TTOM always causes fluctuations. Hang in there until it passes.

Alaskanlaughter You will be busy today! Have a great day!

Mamakat Wow! Great job on the inches.

Andejean
08-15-2011, 06:47 PM
just a quick note to say "I CAN BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :D

berryblondeboys
08-15-2011, 07:02 PM

Thats awesome! You have Ben struggling for so long with your sinuses.. Yay!

K9Owner
08-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi all :wave:
I worked last night, so I was MIA. I had a really great night :)
I'll try to catch up in a bit, but first, I MUST get my 4 miles in!
BBL

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Are you ready for a rant?

I am so pi$$ed with myself. As you all know by now, I have some type of stupid allergy. I have been doing really well. My mouth inside/out hasn't been this healed since this thing has started. I have been avoiding all nuts, tree nuts, legumes, and coconut. (personally I'm thinking it's a legume allergy - peanuts, green beans, snow peas, beans, etc) I have been going through this thing for so long and the food that I am eliminating has changed so much that sometimes I literally have to sit there for a minute to try to keep straight what I am eliminating. Anyways, we went to dinner tonight. I ordered my food, and DH ordered the special. In fact, I told him to order the special because I thought it would be something he would like. I always take a little bite of his food. His food is very different than what I would order. This gives me a chance to a "taste" of something different and satisfies me. So I take a little bite of his meat and potato. :mad: As I am swallowing I hear him say "Diana, that has nuts in it". :eek: Crap! He had almond encrusted pork chops and mashed sweet potatoes with a pecan topping.

I don't know if I am allergic to these nuts or not. It may just be a legume allergy. It may just be that I have a crazy body and it does whatever it wants whenever it wants. :dunno: Anyways, I am just so frustrated with myself. If I have an allergic reaction I can't take an antihistamine because I have an appointment next week with the allergist for more skin testing. :mad: We'll see how tomorrow goes since my reactions don't normally show up immediately. If I have a reaction, I will deal with it, but it could have been avoided. :mad:

Anyways, rant over!

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 09:20 PM

Yay :yay: Congrats! I am happy for you! :carrot:

K9 Hi :wave:

Diana3271
08-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Meatloaf 500 calories
Collard greens 100 calories
Okra & tomatoes 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire HIIT 25
TF Fire 45 EZ

zoodoo613
08-15-2011, 09:31 PM
My stepson ended up posting a pic of me on FB, so I might as well share it with you folks as well. It's one of the better ones. I'm on this crazy contraption we found rigged across the stream. It was a good time.

berryblondeboys
08-15-2011, 09:34 PM
My stepson ended up posting a pic of me on FB, so I might as well share it with you folks as well. It's one of the better ones. I'm on this crazy contraption we found rigged across the stream. It was a good time.

That is a beautiful spot and looks like loads of fun! Can't see much of you, but you are getting smaller, I can see that and being out there and enjoying nature, you'll just continue to get smaller.

alaskanlaughter
08-15-2011, 10:41 PM
im home now...my little son and i worked AND worked today on my classroom...i moved SO much furniture, im gonna call that my strength training for the day lol...my son sorted things, organized things, hauled loads and loads of books for me and was so worn out (he's only 5) that he is asleep on the couch and its only 5:45 p.m.....but my room is very much done! not completely, and i have yet to tackle paperwork, but the bulk of it is done!!...however i have no internet connection, phone connection and apparently i cant print either at work so im waiting for a tech to call me back and come fix it for me

DZackery
08-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Evening to all. Was a pretty reasonable day today. Poor little Poncho is still sick and lathargic. I'm really anxious about itand it's beginning to show in my own appetite. He's usually a bouncy, happy excited chihuahua and he just lays around being sad and sick. It's so sad. I have been staying up all night putting fluids in him.....seeing as how he only has like a thimble of blood in his whole body.

Dont mean to vent...just worried about my Poncho dog.

Larry H
08-15-2011, 11:36 PM
My weight is steady at 217

I am starting my fifth week of calories cycling today. I was told that calorie cycling provides same total amount of calories per week, in my case 1500 per day average for the week but it would 'trick' or 'fool' my body's metabolism by constantly changing daily calorie consumption. This was supposed to help prevent or break plateaus.

As near as I can tell there is no difference in my pattern of plateaus since I started calorie cycling. However it is a very natural way of eating. What I mean is we do not normally eat exactly the same number of calories every day. I am so comfortable with it that I intend to continue calorie cycling for a while longer, maybe always.

8/15/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 1271 (380 under)
8/16/11 - Tue -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/17/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/18/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was
8/19/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was
8/20/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/21/11 - Sun -goal 1201 calories - actual was

Total so far for this week is 380 calories under

My sodium was 645 mg which is 1355 mg under my goal of 2000 mg !!! :D:carrot::D

Walked 1 mile today

Larry,

LGW
08-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Start May 15 - 238
Aug 15 - 217.6 (-20.2 total wt loss)

Day: 92
Total weight loss: -20.2 lbs
Avg wt loss per day: 0.22 lbs
Avg wt loss per week: 1.54 lbs
Avg wt loss per month: 6.68 lbs

Next mini goal: 209-213 by Sept 15

8/14 - 216.2
8/15 - 217.8 (+1.6) ...this crazy schedule will soon be over and I hope for a whoosh! :)...staying below 220

alaskanlaughter
08-16-2011, 02:12 AM
im headed to bed now, very tired and sore from moving alot of furniture by myself today, with the help of my 5 year old...pouring rain tonight, sounds so nice on the roof...ended at 1655 calories today with entirely good eating with the exception of a few handfuls of cereal :( im toying with the idea of adding "good" carbs as i go into the fall-time...ive been really wanting oatmeal, potatoes and carrots (weird, i usually dont like carrots)...and i dont mean packaged oatmeal, i mean the real cooked oatmeal with some healthy things in it...still hungry tonight after 1655 calories but im not eating anything, i think my body is just confusing tired/sore for hungry

Diana3271
08-16-2011, 08:09 AM

Well, the scale is up this morning. I am hoping it's from TTOM and not a reaction to the dinner last night. I'll see what happens as the day goes on. On a positive note, I went to bed early last night and slept very well! :yay:

Weigh In: 146.2
Up: 1.2 pounds

DZackery Aww, Poncho is a cutie. I hope everything is better this morning. :hug: I'm not sure if you posted before, but did you take him to the Vet to see what's going on with him? How long has he been sick?

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Good Morning! I am going to stay accountable today. I am starving now, so it is time to eat that breakfast!

zoodoo613
08-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Morning.

Weigh-in 193.4. No exercise once again. Rain, company, too much work all adds up.

When I've been bouncing so much, it's hard to see progress. On any given day, I might be higher or lower than the week before, depending on how high or low I was that day too. When I'm losing faster, it masks some of that. Well, on my crazy spreadsheet, I've got a running average of the previous weeks weigh-ins, and I'm really liking that now that I'm going so slowly and bouncing so much. Know what it shows? Nice steady (if quite slow) loss. I think I'll look at that column during these rocky times.

berryblondeboys
08-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Down .2 from yesterday which is a miracle since I ate pizza yesterday. Not that I gorged calorie-wise, but holy sodium I could really feel how salty it was! I ended up skipping any exercise for yesterday. I just needed a sit in front of the TV and veg evening after dealing with an annoying MIL all day yesterday and a crabby 6 year old. I watched my 3 episodes of House Hunters instead of bouncing around in the basement and I'm OK with that. I so rarely get a time to just sit by myself.

Today, for the first time I'm doing Studio Cycling. I'm a bit scared! Biking like a mad woman? LOL I have a friend who teaches that course, so I'll have to bug her about what to expect so I know. Who knows, maybe I'll love it. I was trying to sign up for a weights class, but they are all full today. So, I'll do it tomorrow with DH in the morning and do step in the morning - double dipping in workouts tomorrow.

I'm going shopping today. Maybe buying a dress or maybe not. I just want to go look around while it's tax free week in MD.

violet826
08-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Morning!! Morning weigh in 150.8. Lets hope it sticks this time LOL

Congrats to everyone this week on their numbers!! Keep it up :)

mamakat
08-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Oh my goodness, I am sore all over! Yesterday I biked on level 13 (out of 14) for 30 mins. It felt like I was riding through a bog! It was hard but I kept it at 13 mph during the highest level and of course felt like I was riding down hill at 22 mph during the lower levels. Before that I had done my usual level 11 for 25 mins = 150 calories. Between the two biking sessions I did upper arm body work out...I am now up to lifting 7lbs for most of those sets (that's a lot for me). After the bog ride I decided to do floor exercised too. :lol: all I can say is that it hurts to lift a coffee mug or sneeze :p

Today's plan was to rest but I refuse to do so. I will bike at my norm of level 11 because I still need to burn calories, but at the same time rest my muscles. I haven't weighed yet this morning but I'm antsy to do so...window 10am-11am.

Diana I hope it's not an allergy thing...but I gotta say your DH's meal sounded absolutely fantastic. I couldn't have stopped at one bite. I have geographical tongue (due to Vitamin D deficiency) and any acidy veg (like tomatoes) is so painful. BUT give me bruschetta from Bertucci's or pico de guio and I usually pig out (so worth the pain :D)

Berry I love that you can work out with your husband. Working out for me is like a zen thing, I feel like others are intruding when they come into my gym. I tried working out with DH once, but he was chatty :p This is my quiet time the only thing I want to hear is my music and me singing louder than it :p I hope you enjoy your shopping without the stresses of being commented on :)

zoodoo I like that I can go back and look at the things I've done or eaten. I have a food log on line and a work out log in my gym. I keep my weight posted everywhere :lol: it's nice to be able to go back and see our progress especially when we think "ah, I'm not losing". Yesterday I checked some stats on inches and just in 3 areas of my body I have lost 8" since last Nov. That's cool to see on paper :D

Good morning to everyone else :wave:

I hope you all have a great and healthy day!

Maile
08-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Good morning. Today's weigh in is 162. I returned to work yesterday and ate my lunch from home instead of going out with others. Today's plan is to exercise and head off to work.

Mamakat: you are in great shape. I could not do those high levels. I keep mine much lower on the nautilus. Good for you.

mamakat
08-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Maile,
I have always had to walk everywhere...like days of yore. I walked miles every day to get to school or to work until I married and learned how to drive at the ripe age of 24. I insisted I learn before my first child. And then the weight came :) I know a lot of my weight is muscle, most people look at me and say no way I can weigh this much...I see myself in the mirror and KNOW I can, but once this weight starts melting off my body is gonna rock!

LOL isn't that positive thinking? :lol: I want my arms to rock as well. Right now I'm at a 7lbs but I'm looking to the future of 15-25...I want guns! Well it doesn't hurt to want...as long as I don't tell the doctors or dislocate something. I'm not supposed to be working out, but sitting around doesn't get rid of the fat. It's one evil against the other and I choose exercise and a chance at dislocation over weight and pain. :D

Vixsin
08-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Good Morning All!

Good news! I got all of my water in yesterday and then some!!! I was very proud of that! I also got a workout in yesterday! :cheer2: I hopped on the treadmill for 10 mins of walking and 10 mins of jogging. It felt good!!! I actually was feeling sore a couple of hours later. I also got about 30 mins of dancing in last night.

I was only down .4 this morning. Im confident that I'm holding onto some major water. I'm really sore today. :love: I'm going to try some of Bob Harper's strength training tonight.

I'm taking a break from doing my food journal electronically. I am needing to go back to old school right now and I've gone back to writing it down. That has really helped my mood today and helped to keep me focused. I have my whole day planned out and I feel SUPER confident!!

Thanks to you all for the continued amazing support!!!

I'll check back later.

Vixsin
08-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Evening to all. Was a pretty reasonable day today. Poor little Poncho is still sick and lathargic. I'm really anxious about itand it's beginning to show in my own appetite. He's usually a bouncy, happy excited chihuahua and he just lays around being sad and sick. It's so sad. I have been staying up all night putting fluids in him.....seeing as how he only has like a thimble of blood in his whole body.

Dont mean to vent...just worried about my Poncho dog.

DZ: :hug: I'm sorry about your pup. I've got taco bell dogs too and :love: :love: them! Have you taken Poncho to the vet?

I hope things get sorted out for you soon!

Andejean
08-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Morning all. Thanks for the "yay"s, it has been a long time since I've been able to breathe normally. This morning is a bit more congested than yesterday, but I am supposed to use a saline rinse 3 times a day, and well, I didn't rinse while I was sleeping (duh), so I'm hoping rinse number two helps clear it up a bit.

My fiance went back to work after a few weeks of unemployment, YAY! but he's working nights from 7p-5a (not so yay!). It's hard getting used to him being gone so much, especially since he hasn't worked at all in two weeks, so I'm used to him being here ALL the time.

I think the worst thing is the lawn needs mowed (badly!), and I can't mow it, because of my allergies, and I don't want to ask him to waste his few awake daylight hours to do it (I'd rather he spent them with me, LOL) Perhaps I'll ask my bonus son to mow. He usually does, but has been slacking a while. I really wish I could do it, because really I do love it, but then I am out of commission for 3 days afterward... ugh.

Wishing you all successful days!

SunkissedAutumn
08-16-2011, 09:21 PM
I started my weight loss journey 2 weeks ago. My goal is to lose 30 pounds but its been soooooooo hard. I keep craving sweets and carbs and its so hard to stay focused but I'll keep pressing forward.

Diana3271
08-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I tried coming on here earlier today, but the forums were down.

SunkissedAutumn Hi and Welcome to the check-in. I have found I have less cravings when I don't eat a lot of sweets or carbs. Stay strong. Try to stay away from the sweets and heavy carbs for a while and see if the cravings go away some.

Total Approx 1460 Calories + :coffee

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (720 Calories)
bread w/butter 160 calories
6 ounce sirloin steak 260 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
prepackaged ice cream 100 calories

Exercise:
500 Jump Ropes
TF Fire 60

DZackery
08-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Vixsin- as of this morning I had not taken him yet due to the lack of funds and the weekend. I had been sustaining him with probiotics, pedialyte, papaya puree stomach soother, water, belladonna and karo syrup. The vet basically told me it was the only reason he was still alive this morning, even as bad as he is, although he wasnt real sure about the alternative medicine part of it. He was presenting like a parvo case but tested negative; however he is full of hookworms (yippee for him). So after a deworming, 250 cc of fluids, some antibiotics to keep him from going septic, and a 235 dollar vet bill......Poncho is still pretty awful looking, laying on my couch taking in the second bag of fluids. I insisted on taking him home because they dont provide 24hr care and I would prefer to stay up with him then worry about whether his IV is kinked or if he needs to go peepee.

I did weigh in this morning at 166 even..so I'm down 1.8 but I havent though a whole bunch about it the last couple days. I'm so worried about my main man that I havent really thought about food. I did eat a bowl of cereal earlier though and a couple handfuls of chips. Dinner is in the oven but I'm just not hungry....

Anyway, again sorry for venting to everyone but he's not in the clear yet and I'm very anxious. My husband isnt exactly an animal lover so I cant vent to him.

I hope everyone had a good day. :)

berryblondeboys
08-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Don't know if I can count today as successful shopping as I tried on a thousand things and bought one, but hey, got a suit (jacket and pants) by Calvin Klein for $20.

I need to find some shirts. Either I'm getting old, or the fashions now are just butt ugly for tops.

shishkeberry
08-16-2011, 10:53 PM
I hope Poncho gets better, DZackery.
256.6 this morning so I think I'm going back down. I hope so. A 6lb gain over night totally blows. I bought a bead for my charm bracelet since I hit 35lbs lost and now I kinda feel like I don't deserve it.

DZackery
08-16-2011, 11:10 PM
Shish-DONT DESERVE IT?! You hit the 35lb mark didnt you?! Ok then, so hush up that kind of talk. :) In maintenance you can fluctuate like 5 pounds in eaither direction. Thats 10 pounds total moving room. So just think of it as a rebelious fluctuation that will go away. :) BTW Thanks for the Poncho thoughts.

Larry H
08-16-2011, 11:36 PM
A 2 pound drop today to a new low of 215!!
:D:D:D:carrot::carrot::carrot::D:D:D

4 hours of yard work today in the Florida Sun. I felt really good after. I will be doing more tomorrow. It is amazing how far behind you get when you have a 5 acre yard and you spend 5 weeks out of state.

I am getting ready to plant my garden again after I put up some fencing to keep the deer out. I have found out that I can raise vegetables year round down here.

My fith week of Calorie Cycling

8/16/11 - Tue -goal 1501 calories - actual was 993 (508 under)
8/17/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was

Total so far for this week is 888 calories under

My sodium was 1986 mg which is 14 mg under my goal of 2000 mg

Larry,

mamakat
08-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I didn't get to work out today :(
Instead I spent some alone time with my son :)
I have eaten below calorie two days in a row, but not because I wanted to...I'm still struggling with feeding myself, but I'm working on it. Maybe tomorrow!
I hope you all have a good night.

Shish, you'll get back to the 35 don't get disheartened. Look at your bead with determination instead of disappointment. It will happen, you are doing awesome!

DZ I hope Poncho gets better soon.

Larry congrats on the new low! You are amazing!

berry I hate shopping only because I have always been a jeans and t shirt kind o gal. Sometimes I want to spruce it up, but nothing really suits me. I have swapped out men's shirts for women's but I still wear men's tanks under the other shirt...they cut so low! Awesome find on the suit! I love to bargain shop way more than clothes shop, if I can find it cheaper, I will!

The day is already gone. I'm wide awake, not a good sign as I didn't sleep much yesterday. I'm antsy, my babies are going back to school soon and as much as I love alone time, I like my babies near by :p

I hope you all have a great night...I know I said that already. It's because I meant it :D

Diana3271
08-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I got into bed early, again last night and slept well! :carrot: I need to keep that up!

Weigh In: 145.2
Down: 1 pound

DZackery I'm keeping Poncho in my thoughts, too. :hug: Please don't worry about venting. We all do it. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. ;)

Berry You got a great deal on the suit! I think the clothes are just butt ugly. :rofl:

Larry Congrats on the new low! :bravo: Keep up the great work!

mamakat I hope you were able to sleep last night. :hug:

berryblondeboys
08-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Morning all, creeping back down the scale ever so slowly. Down .8. "Almost back down to my all time low, but not quite." I chickened out with the class last night. More I was just tired from being on my feet all day and I didn't leave enough time to make dinner for the troops before class. So, I'm doing a double class day today.

At 9:30 I'm doing Body Step and at 5:30 this evening I'm doing BodyPump.

Dzachery Hope your dog is feeling better today.

LarryH Congrats on the 2 pounds lost! And can you come do my yard? It's beginning to look like a jungle.

shishkaberry Hope the water weight is gone for you this morning.

Diana3271 No reaction yet from touching those nuts?

Mamakat I hope you got some sleep last night. I thought I was restless going to bed, but it turned out I fell asleep quickly. I'm doing some more shopping today. Wish me luck!

Speaking of shopping, I literally have 3 tshirts to my name and in a month I'm starting to teach Sunday school (again) and to be the Sunday school representative. I have a couple of skirts but I need blouses or short sleeved sweaters. I'm beginning to panic because fall will be here SOON and I cannot stand any of the fashions right now in the major stores. The fashions I like, I can't afford at the more expensive stores. I'll try goodwill too and some consignment shops, but my success has been spotty there. Plus, I think I'm getting to a very popular size for a someone my age, so it's much more picked over in the styles I might like I'm noticing. Plus, 14s are loose, 12s are a bit tight. I'm buying 12s though as I will be there soon!

Diana3271
08-17-2011, 08:43 AM

Berry My lips started reacting yesterday. It's mostly on the inside. :( I don't know what that means, though. It doesn't make sense, unless I am allergic to multiple things or there was a cross contamination with the nuts. I hope something conclusive comes out of the allergist appointment next week.

Sum38
08-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I have been trying really hard to eat clean, drink my water (100oz). Finally down to 154.5 lbs :)

Maile
08-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Morning all, creeping back down the scale ever so slowly. Down .8. "Almost back down to my all time low, but not quite." I chickened out with the class last night. More I was just tired from being on my feet all day and I didn't leave enough time to make dinner for the troops before class. So, I'm doing a double class day today.

At 9:30 I'm doing Body Step and at 5:30 this evening I'm doing BodyPump.

Dzachery Hope your dog is feeling better today.

LarryH Congrats on the 2 pounds lost! And can you come do my yard? It's beginning to look like a jungle.

shishkaberry Hope the water weight is gone for you this morning.

Mamakat I hope you got some sleep last night. I thought I was restless going to bed, but it turned out I fell asleep quickly. I'm doing some more shopping today. Wish me luck!

Speaking of shopping, I literally have 3 tshirts to my name and in a month I'm starting to teach Sunday school (again) and to be the Sunday school representative. I have a couple of skirts but I need blouses or short sleeved sweaters. I'm beginning to panic because fall will be here SOON and I cannot stand any of the fashions right now in the major stores. The fashions I like, I can't afford at the more expensive stores. I'll try goodwill too and some consignment shops, but my success has been spotty there. Plus, I think I'm getting to a very popular size for a someone my age, so it's much more picked over in the styles I might like I'm noticing. Plus, 14s are loose, 12s are a bit tight. I'm buying 12s though as I will be there soon!
I am in the same boat. 14s are now too lose and 12s I am squeezing into. I was given a nice set of size 14 clothes for work and may have to wear them as I cannot afford to buy more clothes..

Wt. 161. down a pound..keep focusing on the 50s.

Sum38
08-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Once I hit 150 lbs; I am perfect 10 (lol). Luckily I have loads of 10's (and 8's and 6's) in my closet. All my 12's are kinda loose right now, but 10's are still tight on my belly; my trouble spot.

I have a trip to malibu coming up the first week of October...my goal is to be 15 pound lighter, right at 140 which puts me at size 8.

Sum38
08-17-2011, 09:52 AM
has Jo or LA and the rest of the gang checked in lately?

SunkissedAutumn
08-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Thank you so much Diane for the welcome & advice. I will be taking heed. I started my day with 2 scrambled egg whites and 3 strips of toast. I'm chewing on trident now as i notice when i cut out the carbs, my mouth becomes increasingly dry :(... anywho thanks for the support. I'm loving this site. It's so helpful and that keeps me motivated.

Vixsin: I hope Poncho gets well soon:)

S.K.A

K9Owner
08-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Hi Ladies and Larry :wave:
I have been MIA and way off my life schedule with work. ((UGH))
I’ve also been very busy at home Monday and Tuesday.
The cravings I had last week are finally gone for now, I hope. I do not seem to want to eat the entire cupboard.
TOM is expected this week :yay: I can hardly wait for his gain for the month. :(
I am committing myself to run for at least 3 days/week at least 4 miles each run.
I am also going to incorporate some inclination with 2 of these runs. At Harbor Town—where I am running now—there is a bridge that crosses the bay of the Mississippi River and it is very steep. I started incorporating crossing over it 2x in my run last night. OMGosh, talk about a burn in my legs!! I hurt so good!
There is also a set of concrete stairs across from the downtown park that my trainer said he wanted me to climb very soon. This will be so beneficial.
My heart rate soars when I am on an incline (170 bpm), but I don’t burn as many cals b/c my breathing can’t withstand it for long periods of time at that rate. I did manage to burn 610 cals last night, but that was for 80 min. I ran 4.75 miles. It was about 100 cals off from what I should have burned in the same amount of time running on a semi-flat surface.

DZ: Your Chihuahua is so cute!! I hope he feels better today. Poor baby.

Shishke: Surely you didn’t gain 6 lbs of fat overnight. You surely didn’t eat 21000 cals of food yesterday! I say if you feel that bad about the 35 lb charm, wait to put it on the bracelet until you pee out the 6 lbs ;)

Diana: Gosh, those allergies must be driving you NUTS by now :lol:
(I had to say that)

MamaKat: I wish I could have your problem of not eating enough after last week! Glad you were able to get some alone time in with your son. I love alone time :)

Melissa: I completely agree on the disgrace to thread that the fashion industry is weaving out these days! I see people wearing this stuff too! And, it looks equally worse on the body as it does on the rack! Good luck with finding something decent.

So, before I forget…
Friday, my parents and I are taking a little road trip to Clanton, AL.
If any of you are EVER in this area in the summer, I would suggest you plan your trip to visit a place called Durbin Farms (http://www.durbinfarms.com/). They have the BEST, most AMAZING peaches I’ve ever tasted in the south! You can even order online. We are going there specifically to purchase peaches!!
We are insane, as it is a 4.5 hr drive for us, but they are retired and I am off work, so why not!!

K9Owner
08-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Once I hit 150 lbs; I am perfect 10 (lol). Luckily I have loads of 10's (and 8's and 6's) in my closet. All my 12's are kinda loose right now, but 10's are still tight on my belly; my trouble spot.

I have a trip to malibu coming up the first week of October...my goal is to be 15 pound lighter, right at 140 which puts me at size 8.

We are so much the same ht/wt, it's unbelievable!!
I keep asking myself how it is so many people on 3fc report being in a 10/12 at 160+, but then I see their height.
No Fair!! :tantrum: I wanna be taller!!

I think of Jo and Diana, LA quite often. Every time I am out on a run, I think of Jo's progress with her running!
It would be nice if our members would say, "Hey, I'm taking a break from this forum for a bit. idk when I'll be back!"

Hey, I'm going on a 7 day cruise to Montego Bay, Jamaica, and Cozumel the 1st week in October....wonder if I could make 140 happen by then??
Hmmmm at my present loss, probably NOT!!

zoodoo613
08-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Clothing trouble seems to be a theme. I'm getting worried about the fall too. For the summer, I bought 3 pairs of capris, and I had 2 pairs of chinos that are slightly short (and now slightly big) that look OK when I wear them with sandals but not with shoes and socks. I mixed these up with 3 pairs of jeans and one pair of dress pants that still sort of fit and got by just fine. But I'm about to lose FIVE pairs of those pants to the weather. What am I going to do! Shirts are less of a problem. A lot of my winter wardrobe there will be slightly looser but still wearable. Gah!

Sodium confessions (Larry, don't read!) My food yesterday included both pickles and Chinese soup. I'm 3 lbs heavier today. Yikes!

Vixsin
08-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Good Morning All,

Down .4 this morning to 186.4. Thank you scale. I did 20 inclined pushups and managed to get 20 mins of dancing in last night. :) Today is Treadmill Day. :yay: I am still sore from the last one but that won't be stopping me today. I have my gym clothes here at work and will go straight home and hop on right after work! Still writing the food journal. Have my full day of food planned again today. Still battling the snack monster in the evenings. I think I need to add a little bit of carb to my dinner to help me feel satisfied. Maybe more fiber-rich foods??

What do you guys think? Other than water, how do you tackle the snack monster at night?

Sum38
08-17-2011, 10:39 AM
K9 We can do it!! 140 is not that far off....since we have same stats; we can encourage eachother :)

I am just done being this size....I want to be back at my size 6!

shishkeberry
08-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to keep the bead on there. I know it's water weight and I expected to have some, it's just more than usual and it's taking longer than usual to come off. A little came off today, though. 256.2

SunkissedAutumn
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Whoops, my get well post should have been towards DZ.. :)

berryblondeboys
08-17-2011, 11:05 AM
So much for making step class. My ADHD teenager forgot his keys and marching place marker at home. So, I texted him and said I would meet him in the parking lot as I had time before class. This is after getting him up, getting him breakfast, getting myself and the little guy breakfast, getting everything set for the mornign and so on.

So, I show up at his school and no kid. I text, no kid. I text again. no kid. Finally I call and he answers immediately (which means he had been hearing the texts arrive) and says "Oops I forgot." Then, to add to it he saunters to the car until I yell run. But too late. I can't make it to class on time and step class is one I can't join in late because of the equipment that needs to be set up.

I really, truly hate ADHD. HATE IT.... because it doesn't just mess up his life. It messes up everyone elses around him too. He's losing the computer for 2 days... not that it will help much, but SOMETHING has got to push him a bit to at least TRY to concentrate a bit.

berryblondeboys
08-17-2011, 11:14 AM
OK, so I'm going to do a ton of walking today to make up for the lack of step workout today. Man, I'm steaming mad today. I was actually looking forward to that class today!!!

Proatthis
08-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

I lost 1.5 this week for a total of 14. Woo hoo. Did my 5k walk this morning with a 10 minute plyometric workout added at the end.

Hope everyone has a healthy day.

DZackery
08-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Weighed in this morning at 164.6 so I think I'm down 1.4 for today and .....3.2 for the week. Anyway, Poncho is alive still. He is about 1% brighter but still very tired and uninterested in food. Well, I have alot to do to get ready for Zack's bday. Hope everyone has a good day.

GainingWeightInLa
08-17-2011, 11:39 AM
I'll give you guys three guesses who may or may not be trying to make the great return to this thread....and the first two guesses don't count!! :D Been so extremely busy...and no guarantees that I'll be here often.....but I've been thinkin' of you guys and wanted to pop in and say hello! I've read and everyone that's still here looks to be doing GREAT! Congrats on ALL the losses and maintains!! WOW!!

I've stuck with it myself.....I'm 3 lbs from my next goal. Won't make it by the date I had hoped, but I won't miss it by much. :) Saw my Mom this weekend for the first time since beginning of April. She cried when she saw me. Her response was, "You haven't looked like that since high school!!!" Was with my whole family (which NEVER happens)...they were all completely astounded by my losses. I'm at 50 lbs! :yay: It feels GREAT! Still have 40 more to go to get to "ideal"--my husband is already telling me that I can't lose that much more because I'll look sick. I don't care. I'm getting to my ideal body weight. I WILL! It's healthy for me so that's what I wanna do! :D

Miss you guys!!! Hope to be back soon. :grouphug:

GainingWeightInLa
08-17-2011, 11:54 AM
This picture was taken this past Sunday while we were helping some family lay flooring. I was "posing" and was shocked by the pic at my loss! lol

Andejean
08-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Welcome back LA!!!!!!!!

berryblondeboys
08-17-2011, 12:07 PM
This picture was taken this past Sunday while we were helping some family lay flooring. I was "posing" and was shocked by the pic at my loss! lol

You look fantastic! I'm not sure tehre's an additional 40 pounds there either!

Everything with that lump OK?

Larry H
08-17-2011, 12:23 PM

Great picture!!:carrot:

A big WELCOME BACK You have been missed! :hug:

Larry

Diana3271
08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Diana: Gosh, those allergies must be driving you NUTS by now :lol:
(I had to say that)

K9 Now that's a good one and funny to boot! :rofl:

alaskanlaughter
08-17-2011, 12:39 PM
i am here, just very very busy...headed to work now this morning...have TOM this week for the first time in probably 5-6 months...dont know whats up with that but whatever, scale is holding pretty steady, not really up and not really down...gotta go :)

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I have a ONE POUND weight loss! I am checking in to stay accountable. I am planning my meals and snacks.

mamakat
08-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone.

First before I forget:

Diana in LA welcome back, we have missed you and have wondered about you and that lump...are things OK? You look fantastic. I, too am with your husband, I can't imagine theres 40 more pounds to go. You are so beautiful :)

Berry as I read your post today, I though of my son :) I swear I have been in that car and waiting for him just as you. I love the look on his face when he doddles to the car "what?" I agree that it does affect everyone and the weird part is the one who has isn't even aware of it. School is coming and I know that I will have to wake up every morning and say: "Did you brush your teeth, did you take your pill, did you eat, do you have lunch and where's you bag?" It's a hoot to see the two of us work together as I have no memory anymore and he just doesn't seem to understand or care. It's in there! He's so stinking smart it freaks me out. :D Good luck with shopping!

WannaB congrats on the pound down.

I know there are more people I want to comment on, but my page isn't showing the posts right now so I can't remember :p Gotta love short term memory loss.

I wanted to tell you all, I am at my all time low in 10 years...240.6. I was shocked to see the scale say that, I was expecting maybe 241. I'm so thrilled and determined to keep it.

It's already 12.18 and I have yet to eat. I think my plans last night are already falling through. I don't yet understand why I don't feed myself, I will have to take it up with the doctor. I'm psycho that's for sure. Maybe I'll have a high calorie lunch before workout...maybe :D

ETA: I forgot to mention, I slept very well last night :D Thank you for the well wishes. DH woke me up at 5 to tell me he was off to Hartford to fix a problem at the Coca Cola factory...I asked if he'd bring me back a drink...:lol: I didn't think I'd fall back to sleep but I did. I slept till 10.30, that is really sleeping in for me! But I feel rested and know I needed it. Thanks again every one :hug:

GainingWeightInLa
08-17-2011, 02:03 PM
You guys sure know how to make a girl feel good! Thanks!!

My lump was a fatty tumor as they suspected. They found a small hernia (above my bellybutton) which is NOT what was causing my discomfort and is too small to worry about. :yay: God is good....I am fine! :)

According to the charts, I still have about 6-8 lbs to go before I'm no longer obese. BMI is currently 31.5.....when I began this journey (this time, in January 2011) my BMI was 40.3. Won't be "normal weight" til I hit 145. :( Will it EVER get here? :rofl:

I had forgotten my August goal until I logged back in here this morning. I thought I was WAY far away from it. Turns out, only 3 lbs! I'll be back more often......when you drift away, you forget how encouraging this place is! Seeing my August goal made me want to try even harder! And you guys encouraging me and others is just the icing on the cake! :) :) :)

Sum38
08-17-2011, 02:56 PM
I JUST asked about you LA...did you feel it ? :lol:

I am going through my extra bedroom where I have kept all my 4's, 6's, 8's and "small" 10's....I have soooo many cute size 6 clothes. I WANT to wear them!!

I am putting all in plastic bins by size. Hopefully I can go "shopping" for smaller sizes soon. -- I know the next 4 pounds will put me comfortably to 10's...but at 148 pounds I will start fitting into 8's.

I am SO motivated now :)

GainingWeightInLa
08-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Sum, I guess my ears were burning?!?! :D

mamakat
08-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Oh my gosh feel the burn! 55mins on the bike (half lev. 13, half lev 11) =350 cals. Another 30-40 mins of strength training. I'm exhausted and still have to get in the shower :s I tried push ups after full body work out and managed 3 :lol: I gave myself a new goal...15 by Sept. 17. I want to also have reached my 50lbs down goal...only 7 to go.

Ugh, I need a shower.:D

DZackery
08-17-2011, 07:27 PM
PONCHO UPDATE(since its the bigger thing in life right now)- Poncho went back to the vet to get his IV checked. Then we went to my mom's house. It just so happened she had some homeopathics for colitis that she uses on her chichi. She gave him once of each and in 2 hours he ate his first fingertip of food in 5 days! Then we got home and he was able to eat about a baby spoon full of Gerber stage 1 chicken and broth. *big sigh* I feel like he really turned a good corner today. LOL...I dont get this excited when my kids recover from being sick. Of course Poncho was walking through death's door...not just waiting outside. OMG...I feel about 5% better than I did yesterday, which is great.

Congrats to everyone's losses today! Hope it was a good one.

berryblondeboys
08-17-2011, 08:49 PM
So, I just did bodypump with hubby. I can lift WAY more than he can except for on the bench when we do chest exercises (his swimming has strengthened those). So, that is good, but I had a good view of my body and WAH!!!!

When I started this journey, it all came from my waist (well, not all, but substantially more there than elsewhere). Lately, my legs have really slimmed down. My arms and chest area are looking good, but gee whiz, my waist is thick and flabby. Where I lost first is now behind the rest. I hate that! I know you can't choose where we lose, but to see a big roll in the middle when everywhere else looking pretty good (considering). ACK!!!

But, the good news is that I've gotten my hunger back under control and am back down to eating 1450 a day and no more carb cravings. Look how easy it is to get even slightly derailed?

Mojojuju
08-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone, so sorry I've been away! I have so much thread to read through and so little time to do it in!

First a blood test update--My doc called and said everything's normal. Soooo...no idea why I'm not losing weight. I'm upping my calorie intake to account for calories burned in exercise. I seem to be down a pound, at least, I weighed in at 284 for four days in a row after my workout, so...I'll take it!

Started the new job. It's part time, but I'm there all day for now getting ready to start the new year. I absolutely love it so far. The people are AMAZING, the classrooms are beautiful! Everyone is so happy to have me as a math teacher, it is so nice to feel valued!

EVEN BETTER! Two days in a row now I have awoken in the wee hours to do my run before work. We're talkin' 5:30 here! No snooze, just jumped up, dressed, and went running in the dark. It was actually REALLY REALLY nice to not have to battle the blazing heat and to not have to pile on the sunscreen. So far, my exercise goals are going apace! I'm not only getting up in time, but I'm running for 5 and walking for 3, a new low. By tomorrow, I'll only be walking for two minutes between jogs. Whew, I've come a long way from being nervous about running for two minutes! I'm looking forward to the reduction to see if I can handle it with ease.

Mammogram tomorrow. :O

Wannabe and Mammakat: :woohoo: ! :carrot: :cheer3:

Mojojuju
08-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Berry: I hear you on the middle thing. I used to be able to deny my weight gain cause my tummy was always flat enough to pass. NOT ANYMORE! It finally caught up to me. My tummy and arms are my biggest frustrations.

DZackery
08-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Poncho Photo Op

My boy is sleeping comfortably for the first time in days with a belly "full" of chicken baby food. (He's eaten chicken baby food twice tonight!)

*tear* I really thought yesterday that I was going to lose him. :carrot:

shishkeberry
08-17-2011, 09:17 PM
I hope they figure out something soon, mojo. That must be so frustrating. Congrats on losing that pound!
I know I'm going to have tummy issues when I get close. I have those two tires and the lower one looks kinda flat. I bet that will be where I have loose skin issues. :(

Mojojuju
08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
DZackery: OMG is it dusty in here? Your poor baby, I hope he gets better!

Shiskeberry: I have the same weird two tier thing, haha! I've never heard it described that way. You made me giggle.

I really missed all you guys these past four days! I resolve not to go missing so long again. :hug:

Vixsin
08-17-2011, 09:32 PM
DZ: I am so happy to hear that Poncho has a full belly!!!! I'm so glad he's eating. I was thinking about you guys today and hoping he was doing a little better today. Your post didn't make me tear...but it DID make me get the pups out of their crates and hug the bejesus out of them! :hug:

Finally got my workout in today! :cheer2: 25 mins on the treadmill. Walk/jog combo. It felt GOOD! I had a yummers pb balance bar right afterward for my protein. My calories are a little high today at 1930 but I think it will balance out because of the exercise. I'm going to make sure not to have anything else tonight except liquids.

Hoping for a loss tomorrow. Hoping for a whoosh soon. :crossed:

mamakat
08-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Mojojuju I'm glad nothing is wrong with your blood work, the upside is that you're healthy :) The downside is you still don't know why it won't budge...although 2lbs is moving. Did you measure, I forgot if you said you did or not. That helped me this past month. Try not to sweat the mammogram. My first was in my early 30's because of chest pain...heart is my strongest muscle so they wanted to know why it hurt...nothing. They did tell me something really really mean (and I'll never forgive them for saying it). They said I didn't have a lot of fatty tissue, mostly fibrous (which they said is hard to look at. haha them). The tech said to me, even if you lose weight you're going to be chesty. How dare she!!! My second mammo was because Doc found a lump (lol, see previous!) Gotta love fibrous tissue :lol: I wish you great luck and comfort :D

berryblondeboys
08-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Mojojuju I'm glad nothing is wrong with your blood work, the upside is that you're healthy :) The downside is you still don't know why it won't budge...although 2lbs is moving. Did you measure, I forgot if you said you did or not. That helped me this past month. Try not to sweat the mammogram. My first was in my early 30's because of chest pain...heart is my strongest muscle so they wanted to know why it hurt...nothing. They did tell me something really really mean (and I'll never forgive them for saying it). They said I didn't have a lot of fatty tissue, mostly fibrous (which they said is hard to look at. haha them). The tech said to me, even if you lose weight you're going to be chesty. How dare she!!! My second mammo was because Doc found a lump (lol, see previous!) Gotta love fibrous tissue :lol: I wish you great luck and comfort :D

I have fibrous tissue too and I think like 50% of women do. I think what he meant was that they are hard to look at for finding abnormalities as they are so fibrous.

I haven't had a mamogram yet, but I do breast checks and it's true, it would be hard to find a lump unless it was already pretty big as my breasts feel gravelly if you press your fingers into the tissue.

mamakat
08-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Berry when I was young I always (still do) did checks and found lumps. I go crazy screaming to my mom and she'd check...I hate that. They do have a hard time looking. I saw one of the films on mine with a red circle. They wanted to "watch" it, but nothing has come of it...thank goodness. :) I just didn't like being told they wouldn't shrink. :lol:

Larry H
08-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I spent a full four hours in the sun doing yard work today, mowing, picking up fallen branches and planting some wax beans and some green beans.

My weight held steady at 215 I was afraid it might bump up because we ate out last night at a potluck. I was careful with my food choices and the scale did not bounce back up. :carrot::D:carrot:

Continuing my fith week of Calorie Cycling

8/17/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1031 (470 under)

Total so far for this week is 1358 calories under

My sodium was 1504 mg which is 496 mg under my goal of 2000 mg :D:carrot::D

Larry,

Diana3271
08-17-2011, 10:48 PM

Mojojuju I'm also glad to hear there is nothing wrong with your blood work. I wish we knew why it's harder for you to loose weight. Try changing your calories for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Welcome to the science experiment club. I am the President. :lol: Sending good thoughts your way for your mammogram tomorrow.

Diana(LA) It's good to see you. I'm glad you didn't have anything seriously wrong with the lump.

DZackery :hug: I'm glad Poncho seems to be doing better. Still sending positive thoughts your way.

mamakat Great job with the 55 minutes on the bike!

Vixsin Great job on getting your workout in!

Berry I'm glad to hear the cravings are under control. That's why I am so scared to make too many changes.

Sum Hi :wave: Good to see you.

Diana3271
08-17-2011, 10:51 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Mahi 200 calories
Grilled Shrimp 200 calories
Grilled crab cake 200 calories
Yellow Squash/Zucchini 100 calories

Exercise
TF HIIT 30
TF Fire 45

shishkeberry
08-17-2011, 11:18 PM
I think I have nighttime snacking issues. I can go all day without thinking of food other than dinner. But once the kids are asleep I just want to live in the kitchen. During the day I don't eat like crazy because I'm too lazy to make anything or I just don't want to be screamed at. My dd hates it when I go into the kitchen because of the baby gate. So everytime I have to go out there for anything, even to get food for HER, she stands there and screams at me. So I usually just avoid it. I make dinner for the two kids and me (while being screamed at ugh) and we all eat together. I don't over eat at dinner anymore, I stopped using giant plates, i only drink water, and every dinner I bring my measuring cups and spoons. But once the kids are asleep... It's like freedom! I can stand out there for half an hour if I want! Everything looks good and I don't have anyone grabbing my knees and begging me to share! Why is this so hard? I can't stop thinking about the wonderful leftovers from tonight and last night's dinners. I want them! Ugh this sucks. What can I do? :(

mamakat
08-17-2011, 11:48 PM
shish run quick, go brush your teeth and put on a face mask (if you have one) read a book while it dries OR get addicted to On line games. They're mindless, so you don't have to think about it... I like popping bubles :D The yummy food will be there tomorrow. I can't wait for lunch myself (dinner was so good). I said no on seconds even though my head was screaming MORE. Find little games to get your mind off food but not so hard that you can't veg while doing it.
Good luck

berryblondeboys
08-17-2011, 11:51 PM
I think I have nighttime snacking issues. I can go all day without thinking of food other than dinner. But once the kids are asleep I just want to live in the kitchen. During the day I don't eat like crazy because I'm too lazy to make anything or I just don't want to be screamed at. My dd hates it when I go into the kitchen because of the baby gate. So everytime I have to go out there for anything, even to get food for HER, she stands there and screams at me. So I usually just avoid it. I make dinner for the two kids and me (while being screamed at ugh) and we all eat together. I don't over eat at dinner anymore, I stopped using giant plates, i only drink water, and every dinner I bring my measuring cups and spoons. But once the kids are asleep... It's like freedom! I can stand out there for half an hour if I want! Everything looks good and I don't have anyone grabbing my knees and begging me to share! Why is this so hard? I can't stop thinking about the wonderful leftovers from tonight and last night's dinners. I want them! Ugh this sucks. What can I do? :(

Well, think of something else you are free to do when the kids are asleep. Or save some calories for the end of the day to make a yogurt smoothie (yogurt and fresh fruit only).

And if being in the kitchen causes your daughter to scream, maybe remove the baby gate and use other safety latches? Leave one cupboard with pots and pans open so she can bang around in the while you work?Like leave the gate up when you aren't in it, but allow her to follow you in when you are there to watch her. You don't even need safety latches if you keep sharp and breakable things out of reach... Which isn't very easy to do, of course.

Sum38
08-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Morning,

Down 0.5 pounds.

I was at a local healthfood store, last night, and as i was checking out; I saw this weight loss aide called HCG. has anyone tried it?

I looked at it,but since I am a chicken what comes to any aides, I did not dare to buy it.

Diana3271
08-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a fantastic day!

Weigh In: 144.8
Down: .4

berryblondeboys
08-18-2011, 08:44 AM
And the big whoosh is starting. Down 1.8 today to my new all time low of 191.0

Woohoo!!!! Let's see where it takes me this month, but one thing is for sure. I'm ready to be out of the 190s!

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Checking in to keep myself accountable. On plan WW and still losing! The key is to plan your meals and plan on eating extra vegetables with meals and fruits as snacks.

zoodoo613
08-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Well, 2 of my 3 salt bloat lbs are gone.

This week has been pretty bad. I'm still tracking, which, when it comes down to it, is my single goal. But it's been one high day after another. In theory, I've stayed under my maintenance calories, but really, who knows where that line lays. I haven't been exercising. It's no surprise to me that I don't do well when outside of my normal routine. When I'm super motivated, I can do it, but I just haven't been. My workloads been intense. My stepsons been here, I've tried to enjoy his visit. I'm just not going to lose weight while all that's going on.

Larry H
08-18-2011, 09:28 AM
And the big whoosh is starting. Down 1.8 today to my new all time low of 191.0

Woohoo!!!! Let's see where it takes me this month, but one thing is for sure. I'm ready to be out of the 190s!

Congratulations!! The 180's are knocking at your door!!
:carrot: :bravo: :cb: :dancer: :twirly: :sunny: :jig: :high: :broc: :dance: :flame: :goodscale: :congrat: :yay: :cheer:

Larry,

Diana3271
08-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Berry Congrats on the new low! :bravo: :carrot:

zogo
08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Hi to the whole group! I hope I can join in......I find it so motivating to be accountable in writing (errr...typing).

My current weight is knocking on the 170's door and I'm exercising 6 days a week to really try and make this happen this time. I'm doing low carb WOE.

Looking forward to checking in and getting to know you all.

Diana3271
08-18-2011, 09:54 AM
zogo Hi and Welcome to the Check-In! :wave: We look forward to getting to know you.

mamakat
08-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

zogo :welcome: glad to have you :)

Last night I asked DH how much he weighed, he didn't know as he hasn't weighed in 2 years (since hospital stay). I asked him to please weigh in the morning, he asked why. I told him that I have outweighed him since giving birth to our first child (15 years ago) and I WANT to weigh less than him. Well since I'm at a low (as of yesterday...haven't weighed yet today) I was hoping I was finally under him.

I know it seems petty, but I WANT it so bad. It's very depressing to know a shorty like me outweighs my husband :p He weighed...now he's depressed! He said he's happy that I weigh less than him (YAY ME) but he hates that he weighs this much. I asked his highest remembered weight (258) then I said to reason it out...He's a man, he's 5'9" and his highest (not current) weight was 258. I'm a woman, 5'4 (with shoes...so what, I count my shoes :p) and my highest known weight (only a year ago) was 283.

That didn't help. :lol: He asked when I worked out. I said it depended, but it sounded like he wanted to join me. Ugh, my zen. I'd do it if it motivated him to work out. But he's a partner (the licensed one) so he doesn't have a lot of time and he travels a lot. But I think he's not liking my boastful attitude. It's not a nanny nanny boo boo thing, it's just glee because I'm doing it, I'm really doing it.

He also showed me two ways of doing push ups. I didn't know there was more than "girl", "boy" :) The ones I did yesterday work the chest, he said. If I want guns (and he knows I do) he showed me how to do it. He used to work out a lot, but then he decided to build his own company. Being the boss is very taxing. So I told him he could show me a lot, if we did work out together. Trying to think positive on this. :p

Anyway, I thought I would share that bit of info. I hope you all have a happy and healthy day :)

zoodoo613
08-18-2011, 10:41 AM
In the cheap thrills department, this mornings inner monologue:

Did he just check out my boobs? It happened again! He did check out my boobs! Do they look good? Or do they look weird?

This honestly sent me to the bathroom to check. They're riding a little higher than usual, but nothing looked amiss. This was from a guy I work with that I like and respect. I know he likes and respects me, and is perfectly capable of having a professional conversation without ogling.

My husband has been in a major, long-term depression and our sex-life is pretty much non-existent. If this work guy wants to glance while we're getting our coffee, before we settle down to talk shop, no problems here. I'll take my thrills where I can get them.

mamakat
08-18-2011, 10:45 AM
zoodoo :lol: you're hysterical, but I hear ya. As long as he doesn't make you uncomfortable or starts to drool, what does it hurt right? Besides it's nice to be "appreciated" even by others, our inner ego needs it once in awhile ;)

Vixsin
08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Zoodoo: Thank you for your inner monologue today! That was awesome!

Persistence pays off, gang! My scale gave me a whoosh of 1.4 this morning so I'm now back down to 185 on the money! This puts me at only 1.2 away from my all time low. I feel a big portion of that is water as my thighs are still REALLY sore. :love:

Buddy, I'm drinking water and eating on plan like nobody's business! I WILL get back to my low! I'm feeling good today!

Taking a half day today. Maxwell has a carnival at Tae Kwondo today. Complete with games and all kinds of stuff. It's for a good cause. So he asked me if I could go and I, of course, told him that I had to work. He was instantly HEART BROKEN. I mean to the point of tears!!! That has never happened before! He said he was going to be the only one without a parent there and that I ALWAYS had to work! I felt horrible. That was yesterday. It happened again this morning except he burst into tears when talking about the carnival and how much he wanted me to be there. I told him that I would be a little late but I would get there today to spend time with him. So thankful for my amazing boss.

Talk about playing my heartstrings like a $2 fiddle. I can't wait to share this with him. He's so happy that I'm going to be there. I'll take pics with my phone because I think I left my camera at my friends house last weekend.

I'll talk to you all later on today. Have a great one!!!!! :grouphug:

DZackery
08-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Berry Congrats on the new low! Thats always a great feeling.

ZooDoo I love it! I get the dh thing...mine is having his own issues. It's always nice to get attention, sometimes its even nicer when it's from a nonbiased outside source. :)

Weighed in this morning at 163.6 and the Poncho dog is doing very well this morning. I took his IV out and he's happy to eat his chicken baby food. When we came in from outside he went straight to the kitchen to ask for his breakfast. I'm happy to say he is out of the woods and now it's just a matter of getting him back on solid food. I cant believe he made it through this. What a man. :) Happy day to all!

Larry H
08-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Persistence pays off, gang! My scale gave me a whoosh of 1.4 this morning so I'm now back down to 185 on the money! This puts me at only 1.2 away from my all time low. I feel a big portion of that is water as my thighs are still REALLY sore.

Vixsin Way to go, congratulations!!

:carrot: :bravo: :cb: :dancer: :twirly: :sunny: :jig: :high: :broc: :dance: :flame: :goodscale: :congrat: :yay: :cheer:

Larry,

berryblondeboys
08-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Zoodoo Love that inner monologue and there is something really nice about feeling you "got it" and getting a look over (in a non creepy way) is, well, a great ego boost! I so get it!

DZachery So happy Poncho is doing better.

Vixsin What a great treat you are giving your son and yay for you and getting really close to your all time low again. THAT my dear is what this is all about, not giving up when things get tough.

Mamakat I've never weighed less than my husband - not ever. Now, if he wouldn't have dropped weight this spring, I would be close to his weight (188), but he's lost weight, so... nope. My initial goal is 175. He currently weighs 173. Grrrr..... And he's 7 inches taller than me.

Zogo A big welcome to the thread!

For me, did studio cycling this morning. It was OK, but I prefer Zumba, BodyStep and BodyPump to it. I'm not big into repetitive stuff, which is why I don't do machines.

Sorry if this is TMI, but hey, it's life. Another problem is that I have bladder issues. I've been doing kegels quite faithfully for a month (will give it another month), but I leak with any jumping, running, and now I know, with pedaling a bike and standing over the pedals. Same with when I sneeze or when I vomit when I'm sick. I can't stop the flow of urine either when peeing. I can feel the muscles tightening when I do kegels, but there is this area that does nothing... like that part of the muscle is severed or dead. I know what is SUPPOSED to happen, but my pelvic floor muscles can't do it. I think surgery to repair will be in order if I ever want to be able to do any of those things again - like running, jumping, bike riding while standing over the pedals, can't do propulsion with step aerobics either. I guess delivering naturally a 10 lbs 9 oz and a 11 lbs 14 oz baby did a number on those muscles!

zogo
08-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Melissa, I, too, had a large baby, my 3rd was 10lb 1oz. And I've got the same problem (my gyn blames that big baby boy). When I started p90x a couple months ago, I needed to use a liner every day. Now that I'm getting in better shape, it has improved significantly. But, I do usually choose the low impact version of exercises and I rationalize that it is better for my joints. I do pee countless times a day and I know what you feel like as sneezes are always risky!

Andejean
08-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Good morning ladies!

Well, I have one more week before the doctor cleared me to work out again. I'm hoping my nose clears out by then, cuz I'm still pretty congested, but a week from now should be okay. I weighed in this morning, at home, so the scale isn't the same as the one I use at the gym to weigh in officially, but it looks like it is down 2-3 lbs. Not bad considering my eating has been way off since the surgery.

I think it's time to buckle down. I'm going to try a recipe tonight for roasted kohlrabi, and some chicken. Does anyone have any lean protein ideas other than chicken (but just as cheap)? Chicken is getting REALLY old every night.

Heading to the local farmer's market Saturday. I want the good stuff at my finger tips. :)

Zogo :welcome3:
Mamakat - Having a workout buddy is great. I usually workout with my friend Sally. DF wants to badly, but he is always so tired from work.
Zoodoo - It's the small affirmations in life;) . Dealing with depression is hard, I hope your husband begins feeling better soon.
Vixsin Aww! what a sweetie! Remember these days, so you'll have happy memories when he hits those teenage years and asks you to drop him off for school three blocks from the door, LOL :)
DZachery - Yay Poncho! So happy he likes his baby food!
Berry - Zumba has always been something I wanted to try. Someday... :)

shishkeberry
08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Welcome zogo!
I had a whoosh last night! I'm still holding a little water weight (I'm still 1.2 higher than my lowest low last week), but 3.8lb came off last night. Woohoo! DF and I have been playing Ghostbusters for the Wii and my arms are so sore! Wrangling ghosts is hard lol. So I made it through last night without snacking like crazy. I had one stick of string cheese. I'm glad I did because of the whoosh this morning. My kitchen is very old and can't really be babyproofed so the baby gate it is for now. My dd also isn't one for sitting and playing. She likes to explore and toys don't really hold her interest for long.

mamakat
08-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Ok, I missed weigh in opportunity so I don't know if this +3lbs means anything, but I don't really care either way. 243 is the devil :p

I went out today for a new updated MP3 player b/c mine was too bulky and got in the way. The new one clips onto my shirt. It was super cheap so not sure how long it will last. My last one couldn't have been 10 bucks, but like I said it was bulky. I'm waiting for my music to down load so I can go exercise.

I bought 2 exercise bras, OK one didn't even come down over my shoulders let alone my chest...who the heck can wear that bra? The other one is tight, I like it. I'm not sure I'll be able to get it off, but the girls are put away which is way more than I could say from my old tired bras :lol: Oh man, you gotta love when you can complain that your clothes are TOO BIG.

berryblondeboys
08-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I bought 2 exercise bras, OK one didn't even come down over my shoulders let alone my chest...who the heck can wear that bra? The other one is tight, I like it. I'm not sure I'll be able to get it off, but the girls are put away which is way more than I could say from my old tired bras :lol: Oh man, you gotta love when you can complain that your clothes are TOO BIG.

But it's no fun buying bras! I tried one on that I had to contort myself to get into and then it smashed my boobs down before being able to lift them into the cup. No way could I wrestle into that on a daily basis. It was one with the strap going down the middle of the back - no fasteners. NO WAY!

Edit - wait a minute, you bought a bra that you can't get on? was it mail order? if so RETURN IT.

mamakat
08-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Berry I bought two. The one that I can't get on has a fastener...I like my sports bras without as they rub a lot. Lately I've been wearing regular bras but with a tank underneath it, to soak up sweat and keep the rubbing down. I'm very sensitive to rubbing. I swear this bra went over my head and stopped just above my (ahem) cleavage. It was nowhere near fitting. I've never ever had that happen as I have a short shoulder chest ratio (only way I can think to say that). This bra could only fit a child yet sold in the adult area....anyway it's definitely going back. I'm still in the other one and still wondering if I'll be able to get out b/c I'm exactly how you described, I'm in there tight :p

DZackery
08-18-2011, 02:22 PM
I have decided that it is a good day. :D

Sum38
08-18-2011, 03:05 PM
DZackery, it is a good day!

Mojojuju
08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Good day for all!

I've been good today, although I did have a bagel with butter for lunch with some lean ham and a piece of pineapple. Dunno if it is carbs like this that keep me heavy, but I do budget for it, so who knows?

Third day in a row I got up at 5:30 to run! Go me! Tomorrow I don't have to get up, as it's a cross training day. I'll swim when I get home from work.

Work, btw, is awesome and filled with amazing and inspiring teachers. It is such a contrast working in a private school that values the quality of the education rather than just test scores. A school that trusts teachers to direct their own kids (and in some cases lets the kids direct their own curriculum according to their interests!) instead of requiring them to read from dumb scripts in boring textbooks.

I'm in paradise--if only they'd hire me full time. Still no bite on my second job--I'm starting to get worried. I keep applying for hourly part time work and they keep turning me down for being overqualified. I keep telling them that just cause I have a masters degree doesn't mean that I'm going to quit Taco Bell in three weeks--I need a second job, not a temporary one! But they just won't give me a chance. >.< Grrr!

Mammogram at 6 tonight. Eep! I am certain I'll share the nitty gritty fibrous details later, lol. I just am worried cause despite being very heavy, my boobs are actually really small. Like, just b cups. Barely. I sorta WISH I could gain a little weight there instead of just on my upper arms, bleh!

Berry: Congrats on the new low!

Zoodoo: :lol:

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Checking in again. Stayed on plan today. It is almost the weekend again! I need to see another weight loss on Monday! Stay on plan everyone! Have a great weekend!

Diana3271
08-18-2011, 10:06 PM

I had another situation today where someone thought I was DH's daughter. :rofl: This has happened three times in the last few months. He is not thrilled at all with this.

ZooDoo Congrats on getting checked out! ;) A couple months ago, 2 different bag boys at 2 different stores complimented me on my hair. I was starting to get paranoid since these are very young boys. :lol:

Vixsin Congrats on the 1.2 pounds! I hope you and your DS enjoyed the carnival.

DZackery I'm glad to hear that Poncho is doing well.

Berry Is studio cycling the same as spinning?

Andejean I'm glad you are doing so well post surgery.

Shishkeberry Congrats on that whoosh! :carrot:

Mamakat What kind of music do you like? Do you like the new MP3 player?

Mojojuju I hope everything goes well with the Mammogram. Keeping you in my thoughts.

WannaBeloseragain Hi :wave: Great job staying on plan!

Sum Hi :wave:

Larry Hi :wave:

Diana3271
08-18-2011, 10:08 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 500 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ

mamakat
08-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Good Evening Everyone,
DD wanted hot wings for dinner tonight so DH took us to Applebee's. After working out today I ate up all my calories from breakfast and lunch. I'm not counting those calories but I thought how weird that I still have an easy 1000 for dinner.

I ordered from their 550 selection, it was actually really good. I don't do the potatoes or rice I just get extra veg. I got a side salad to too, kids got my croutons. It's amazing the difference in plate/food/servings. My food looked like a child's dinner (small) and the rest were huge. I sort of drooled with DS and DH's meal, but enjoyed mine knowing it was better for me.

Diana I love all kinds of music as long as I can sing it (not rap only because I really can't sing that fast :p) I am a punk rocker/emo lover, but I have a wide variety: Carpenters, Dixie Chicks, Dolly Pardon, hill billy music (I love the banjo and steal guitar). I listen more to my punk/emo and rock while working out as it's faster beat but still easy to sing along with. It's angry like me :p

Mojojuju how it go tonight?

For some reason I feel like I should have done more today, but not sure what it was I was supposed to do. DH called and asked if I wanted to hike next Thurs in a huge park up north. I thought it was strange, but turns out he accepted an invite to play softball that evening. He said that it was time he started doing something other than sit around and watch TV. Could it be I am motivating him? IDK we'll have to see.

For now I bid you all good night. :)

abbysue715
08-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi guys!! I have missed you all! I have not fallen off the wagon at all in fact I'm kicking serious butt!!!! I got to update my ticker again yesterday!! My laptop went kapoot so I have just been using my phone but i decided tonight that I really need to be posting everyday here so my posts might not be long due to using my phone. However I will try to do personals throughout the day to encourage everyone else.

Maile
08-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I have returned from my trip. I stayed on plan very well except for 2 glasses of wine.
I am hoping that tomorrow will be Ok on my weigh in.
Totally on today and exercised at the hotel!
Hope everyone had a great Thursday.

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Finally going to bed. There is a slight possibility I might see the 180s tomorrow as the scale is looking down this evening. That would so rock!! If not, soon. Ilm quite sore in the hip flexors from the spinning class earlier today (yes Diana, studio cycling is the same as as spinning at this gym). Body step tomorrow.

EgyptianFeline
08-19-2011, 01:17 AM
***Note: I am only aiming for this amount of drastic calories until Aug. 29th (see intro thread)***

My calories for Aug 18, 2011

Breakfast: Two rice cakes (70 calories)
Snack: 1 cup of fresh blueberries (80 calories)
Lunch: Lean Cuisine (180 calories)
Dinner: 1 rice cake and a half cup of blueberries (75 calories)
Total for the day: 405 calories

Exercise:
Jillian's 30 day shred for 20 minutes

jeniansmom
08-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Hi everyone. Just checking in. Down another 3 lbs for the week.
Was a rough start..migraines and raging pms. TOM started a week late and hit with a vengeance. I ate more cals than usual for 3 days in a row, but thankfully the stuff in the house was blood sugar friendly so I didn't mess things up too much.
A little nervous about this weekend. We are doing an overnight in NH to do some hiking. Will be the first time I've had to deal with that many meals away from home since this restart. I will bring healthy snacks and picnic lunches, but will have to deal with breakfast and supper "out in the world".
Hope everyone is doing well.
Happy, healthy day to one and all! :grouphug:
Jen

Diana3271
08-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Good Morning! :wave: TGIF! :carrot: Happy Friday, Everyone! :dance: The weekend is here! :yay:

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend! :grouphug:

I am up an hour early this morning. I've got some extra stuff to do today before I can start my weekend! We also had a storm and some type of power surge at the shop yesterday. The internet went down and never came back before we left. I don't know if the issue is on our end or with the ISP. I will have to figure that out when I get to work. Hopefully, it's back on and not a problem on our end. :crossed:

Weigh In: 143.8 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound

K9Owner
08-19-2011, 07:52 AM
GM everyone :wave:
A very quick check-in before I start my journey this morning.
I have had a great OP week, despite eating out at Ghengis Grill and movie popcorn yesterday. I budgeted for it, and did not go over in calories.
I am down this week....uhm very much so, from last week. I am quite thrilled, despite TOM making his appearance. I'll take it. It's the most water weight I've lost in a single week since I started! (3.2 lbs) :yikes:
The last thing I wanted to do last night was run, but at 9pm, I forced myself and River out the front door. Today is out b/c of traveling and Saturday, I work 12 hrs...leaving Thursday the only day for me this week to get my last run for the week in.

Have a FABULAIRE, OP day :)

Sum38
08-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Morning Diana! I have been up since 5:15 am.

Scale was up by 1 pound :( 155 for the day. I was not very good yesterday with my food. I also had some cheese, which was a huge mistake. It does not agree with me.

Today back on plan, drinking my water and focusing eating clean.

Tonight we are taking my hubby's new baby out for the Dream Cruise. It is a huge deal here in Michigan. -- Hubby is going through midlife crisis...lol...he bought Dodge Challenger SRT....roll eyes. -- needless to say, I was not too happy...ugh!

Sum38
08-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Morning K9 :)

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Bye-bye 190s!!!!! So happy to see you GONE!!! Down 1.2 from yesterday.

Sum38
08-19-2011, 08:29 AM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::cheer::cheer::cheer:

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Sum38 Just be happy if that's all he does during a mid-life crisis... it's all perspective dear!

Diana3271 Hope the internet thing at works gets sorted out. Seems you've had a lot of technical difficulties to deal with at work recently - no fun. Did you ever get the phone situation resolved?

K9 Way to go on 3.2 pounds and on getting that run in at the end of the day! You rock! Have fun this weekend (despite needing to work 12 hours).

Jen You can do it with eating out. Breakfasts are fairly easy if you stay away from pancakes and potatoes - get scrambed eggs and bacon or something like that - it will fill you up for a long time and is super carb friendly. Have fun on your hike!

Maile Good luck with weigh-in today!

Mojojuju So happy for you and the job being ideal. A good environment is so important. I hear you on the part time job thing. I'm about to start back to the workforce after being out 8 years and I KNOW it's going to be weird - overqualified or underqualified because of my time out of the labor force. (I too have a Master's degree).

Mamakat Good job on sticking to the low cal side of the menu! You are doing great! So, did you manage to get out of the bra? Or did you get stuck? LOL

Diana3271
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Berry Congrats on the 180's! :carrot: Yep, I got the new phone installed last week. I had originally used a line that I had stored away instead of the one that came with the phone. The one that came with the phone was shorter and I was thinking I needed more line. Anyways, the longer cord was for a single phone line instead of a multi-phone line (like what we have). :D I got it figured out, though.

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Great going Melissa!

I am checking because I need to do this!

shishkeberry
08-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Awesome job, berry :)

zogo
08-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Berry, Congrats on getting out of the 190's!

I SO had hoped I would be out of the 180's by today, and ate very little yesterday, but we had a family dinner at my mom's house in celebration of my oldest son leaving for his first year of college in 11 days (not that I'm counting or anything :^:). I'm sure it was the rum and diet cokes that did me in. She made stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes and all I had was some meat and pepper. She even made me a meatball with no rice so I could stay low carb. And I passed on the key lime pie for 5 raspberries with whipped cream instead.

Guess I better get on the exercise plan now....Core SynergisticsX today.

mamakat
08-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Berry :congrat: on getting to the 180's what a success you are! I did get out of the bra, it was easier than I thought it would be. So pleased with it, I got another one when I returned the weird one.

Sum men are just as weird as women, but I think we have the patience to wait it out. My DH always made fun of men who drove big trucks. Well not to long ago he had to get one :lol: He used all sorts of excuses like: "it'll come in handy as we do home repairs", we never used it for that reason. He finally came to his senses during the gas crisis. So we traded in both are big vehicles for smaller ones, now that we don't need to "truck" around a lot of stuff with the kids. Sometimes we just have smile and nod then wait them out. :D

Krystal I'm proud of you. You said you would do it and you did. Awesome job. :)

Jen great job on the 3lbs down this week. I love hiking, we are planning a trip this Thursday to a new park. We'll be gone the entire day, so I'm thinking of things I can bring along this time. The fam. usually pigs out on crap food after the treks, but I don't have that luxury so I usually get a stick of cheese afterward, which doesn't cut it. But normally on our hikes it's fly-by-the-pants this time I have enough time to think about it. I hope you have a great time!

Diana I forgot to say yes, I do like the new MP3, it's small and the clip works wonderful. It came with ear buds and they actually stayed put. Normally I can't use ear buds because I have super small ears (the bane of my existence...everyone who sees them usually makes a comment, my family love to tease me because of them). They didn't stay put during floor exercise b/c gravity pulled them out, but I can always go back to headphones if it becomes too big of a deal.

Well I'm laid up today. My body has said it's had enough and it's needs a break. Yesterday I had to stand for 45 mins in one place, I'm an antsy person by nature so I bop a lot. About 6 years ago I had to be retrained on how to hold my body, everything must remain bent...even fingers. Well as I was bopping I kept locking (although mine don't lock they just keep going) my knees, which is a total no-no. And instead of giving my hip flexors a chance to recoup I did two days straight of bridge lifts (over extending both hips) so now I'm having trouble moving. It was a Vicodin night last night and it should be today, but I'm gonna try to muddle through with just bed rest and Ibuprofen. One thing is for sure, I'll have to rely on others for food and water as I can't make it down the stairs :) I'm wondering if I've learned my lesson....hmmm, somehow I don't think so. Once I forget the pain or the fact that I can hardly walk I'll be at it again...I love exercise!

I hope you all have a great and healthy day. :)

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Gee, thanks guys! Just a little TMI funny... I knew I needed to use the bathroom this morning, but unlike my husband, I NEVER can go first thing in the morning. Well, I just went (after breakfast) and I weighed myself... I'm still under 190s... so I think it will stick for tomorrow now that my gut is cleaned out a bit! LOL

mamakat
08-19-2011, 10:26 AM
zogo I count last night as a great success. You'll definitely see 180's soon.

Panacea86
08-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Hello thread, it was suggested I join and accountability thread and I agree, so here goes:

Today I had 3 links (one serving) of lean turkey sausage and a handful of thawed frozen no sugar added strawberries and mangoes. Trying to drink some water today.

Really hoping to get 30 minutes of walking in on my lunch. I brought my shoes. If not, tonight HAS to be treadmill/weights night.

mamakat
08-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Panacea :welcome: we're glad to have you!

Panacea86
08-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Thank you, mamakat!

Vixsin
08-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Grab your surfboards, kids cuz we're in for a WHOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!! :swim: :swim:

Down a SHOCKING 2.2 this morning to 182.8!!! That is a FULL POUND below my low!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

The carnival with Maxwell yesterday was so fun. It wasn't much of a carnival, but they had a magician and the kids did a tae kwondo demonstration. I was glad to be there. Maxwell was super happy. Half day at work today! Going shopping for the outfit for my friends wedding today. Maybe the scale knew that? LOL Needless to say, I am in a great headspace to shop today!

Anyway, I'm taking it and I am RUNNING!!! :running:

I'll check back this afternoon.

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Grab your surfboards, kids cuz we're in for a WHOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!! :swim: :swim:

Down a SHOCKING 2.2 this morning to 182.8!!! That is a FULL POUND below my low!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

The carnival with Maxwell yesterday was so fun. It wasn't much of a carnival, but they had a magician and the kids did a tae kwondo demonstration. I was glad to be there. Maxwell was super happy. Half day at work today! Going shopping for the outfit for my friends wedding today. Maybe the scale knew that? LOL Needless to say, I am in a great headspace to shop today!

Anyway, I'm taking it and I am RUNNING!!! :running:

I'll check back this afternoon.

Vixsin that is great, great and great! So happy for you (and for Maxwell last night). Have fun shopping!

Vixsin
08-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Sidebar: I just noticed that my ticker girl is now solidly in the happy faces!!! That made me happy!

zoodoo613
08-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Mornin' everyone!

ETA: I do go on, don't I? Sorry this got so long.

So I made a decision. My plan up until now has mostly been to not eat too much, try to move a bit more, and track what I eat. It's low pressure, not restrictive, and has worked for me in the past. Until I stop doing it. I haven't stopped, but I have slacked a lot, and it's really not working anymore, at least for right now. Even when I look at averages to even things out, I've lost about 5 lb total in the last 2 months. While that's better than not losing 5 lb, its hardly the progress I'd like to see.

So in the beginning my approach was to be very low pressure, so as not to scare myself off. Five months later, I guess that worked. I'm thinking that it's time to turn up the heat, and set myself some hard and fast rules. I'm hoping to jump start myself back into motivation mode. I'm scared to do it, because as long as there weren't rules, I wasn't failing when I didn't meet them. So I'm keeping my first goal short-term, and not too pushy. (Pressure, but not too much.)

For the next two-weeks:
Rule #1: No sugar. Fruit OK. Incidental sugar, in some WW bread, for instance OK. But no sugar in coffee. No cookies, cakes, doughnuts, candy, ice cream. I haven't been eating a lot of these things in general, but it's creeping in where I would have resisted in the beginning. My stepson made some cookies, I had some. My husband handed me a very small portion of ice cream last night, and I ate it. I had been all set to head to bed before those couple hundred calories, and I would have been better off if I had. Point is to get back in the habit of saying no.

Rule #2: Exercise. Do something every day. Even if it's not much. Today I did 10 minutes of a very stupid dance video, and another 10 minutes of wii fit. I hope I'll do more tonight, but what I did already counts. Point is to get back in the habit of making it a priority, even when it's a nuisance.

I'll keep you posted. When the 2 weeks are up, I'll decide where to go from there.

themilesawaygirl
08-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi guys,

I've not posted yet this week but I've been around, keeping up with all your progress. I've not posted as I've been feeling terribly negative and think it's better to say nothing if I don't have anything good to say.

So on that note - I have stayed pretty much on plan all week. I had rice with dinner last nights, and my 'blow out' for a snack today has been an extra portion of houmus with cucumber sticks, so I'm not feeling too guilty.

My biggest challenge is staying strong over the weekend. I'm going to visit my parents and we're going out for dinner, so I will try to make that the only 'bad' meal of the weekend - I'm never going to be someone who can go to a restaurant and order a green salad.

Si I best get back to work, sorry I don't have time for personals. Work is still terrible, I'm getting so stressed but I only have myself to blame so here's hoping I'm less of a cry-baby next week.

Happy Friday all :)

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Hi guys,

I've not posted yet this week but I've been around, keeping up with all your progress. I've not posted as I've been feeling terribly negative and think it's better to say nothing if I don't have anything good to say.

So on that note - I have stayed pretty much on plan all week. I had rice with dinner last nights, and my 'blow out' for a snack today has been an extra portion of houmus with cucumber sticks, so I'm not feeling too guilty.

My biggest challenge is staying strong over the weekend. I'm going to visit my parents and we're going out for dinner, so I will try to make that the only 'bad' meal of the weekend - I'm never going to be someone who can go to a restaurant and order a green salad.

Si I best get back to work, sorry I don't have time for personals. Work is still terrible, I'm getting so stressed but I only have myself to blame so here's hoping I'm less of a cry-baby next week.

Happy Friday all :)

See, there's no point to that. If you are struggling, it's OK to say, "guys, I'm struggling here." But if you cope better staying mum... OK, but don't feel you need to, OK?

AND... you don't need to eat a salad when going out for dinner. Eat grilled chicken or grilled fish - heck, lean meat of any sort and veggies and go light on the starch (potatoes, rice, etc). You can have a very nice meal while out without going overboard. Honest! And it can taste great too!

themilesawaygirl
08-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks Berry,

I'm really trying to change the way I behave in my whole life at the moment, and one big change I'm trying to make it not to be so negative. I'm possibly the world's most pessimistic person so this is a huge challenge! It's great to know that there are so many of you here that prove how great human beings can be. It's lovely to have found a forum that's so full of positive people!

The thought of eating a 'healthy' dinner at a restaurant is something I'm not sure I'll ever be able to handle. I spend all week eating lean meat, plenty of veggies, low on the starch, I'd feel like it was pointless paying through the nose for the same food! I think I'll accept that I'll never be stick-thin, as an occasional meal with no care for calories matters more to me than size 0!

Diana3271
08-19-2011, 11:22 AM
K9 :wave: Have a safe trip.

Sum Hopefully today will be a better day for you. :hug:

WannaBeloseragain Hi :wave: I hope you have a great on plan day!

Shishkeberry I hope you have a great on plan day, too.

Zogo Have you ever tried mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes?

Mamakat I'm glad you like the new MP3 player and it's working well for you. I hope you can rest and relax today.

Panacea Hi and welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Vixsin Congrats on the 2.2 pounds!

Zoodoo You are turning the heat up! Good luck! :carrot:

Themilesawaygirl Great job staying on plan this week. Good luck staying strong through the weekend! :hug: It's tough, I know. I agree with Berry's post. I am not a salad person. Give me some meat and veggies and I'm good to go.

violet826
08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Ive been so busy this week I havent had a chance to catch up on the thread. But I wanted to come by bc im so mad at myself. I totally dropped the ball yesterday. Ive been around 150 all week and then the stress (cat is sick, kids are crazy, house is dirty, etc) finally got to me. I ate some sour patch kids (prob 300 calories worth), a PB/J sandwich, a footlong subway chicken sandwich( no cheese or condiments though), a lean cuisine, and several hefty handfuls of goldfish crackers. I didnt even bother to count the calories. Yesterday my weigh in was 150.4. Today it is 151.8. Sigh... Back on the bandwagon.. Oh, and I havent worked out once all week bc of how busy Ive been

mamakat
08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
zoodoo,
I like your plan, can I suggest one thing more? I think it might be the toughest battle ever as I have been fighting it for years. Train the family. My DH is a feeder, he loves to feed. I think it's a weird pleasure, but I have indulged him throughout our marriage (nothing perverse mind you). All my shrinks have called him an enabler or a saboteur, but again I just think it's his way of showing affection.

Up until July of this year he has ignored my "please don't give me food/cake even if I beg for it." One year he ran to the zippy mart at 12am for ice cream every night, even if he was tired. Told you he loves to feed :p But it's finally sunk in for all of them. I test them too. Last night I asked DS if I could have a bite of his sandwich he said no. He's quick. He gets mad when the others give in. I love him :D But I think that's half the battle. If it's not offered to us or given to us when ask then we don't eat it.

It's just a suggestion, I'm rooting for you. I'm jealous of your 5lbs too. I can't get off of 243 to save my life! You're doing great :)

DZackery
08-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Good Morning All!

We went to Alex's orientatio this morning and Poncho is about the same. He's probably only about 30% his regular self but I'll take it. I brought the Daisy dog back in from the kennel (I kept her out there after I knew Poncho was sick incase it was Parvo) and she's thoroughly happy with the idea of being back on her air conditioned couch. Poncho seems to be happy that she's back in but he's a little punky today.

Weighed in at 163.8 so I'm up .2 but I'm gonna try not to let it bother me. After all I did indulge in a slice of apple pie and a scoop of icecream last night. It was WELL WORTH THE .2 :)

I hope everyone has an excellent day. I will be slow today, I have to go to town and get back to get everything ready for Zack's bday. :)

Happy Day!

mamakat
08-19-2011, 12:00 PM
violet,
It's so cliche, but it's also so true, we all have our bad days. I know that doesn't help at all. But it was yesterday and you can't go back in time to change it...again I know that doesn't help. But you can do well today and tomorrow and the next day...:) I think you get it :)

Don't beat yourself up over it because that will only make you feel worse. Not every day is going to be perfect. This isn't a quick ride with great end results. This is journey and with that comes hills and valleys, right?

The other day I was just thinking about someone who had lost a lot of weight who said that they had had bad days. One bad day seems like forever during that day and the surrounding days. But in a month, a year, it will have been forgotten. Again that is no big help, but maybe a little :shrug: It's a blip in this journey...you fell, get back up and dust yourself off, you got some walking to do!

Keep healthy, keep happy and keep positive, you are doing it :)

zoodoo613
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
zoodoo,
I like your plan, can I suggest one thing more? I think it might be the toughest battle ever as I have been fighting it for years. Train the family. My DH is a feeder, he loves to feed. I think it's a weird pleasure, but I have indulged him throughout our marriage (nothing perverse mind you). All my shrinks have called him an enabler or a saboteur, but again I just think it's his way of showing affection.

Up until July of this year he has ignored my "please don't give me food/cake even if I beg for it." One year he ran to the zippy mart at 12am for ice cream every night, even if he was tired. Told you he loves to feed :p But it's finally sunk in for all of them. I test them too. Last night I asked DS if I could have a bite of his sandwich he said no. He's quick. He gets mad when the others give in. I love him :D But I think that's half the battle. If it's not offered to us or given to us when ask then we don't eat it.

It's just a suggestion, I'm rooting for you. I'm jealous of your 5lbs too. I can't get off of 243 to save my life! You're doing great :)

My situation is very different than yours, but your point is well taken just the same. My husband, in general, is not a feeder. I buy the food, cook the food, think about the food, plan the food. He doesn't. He eats it when I put it in front of him. He often starves himself the rest of the time. The ice cream was an exception. He went out and got some last night as part of a plea bargain with my son, who had come this close into talking us into going out for dinner. It's not that infrequent that he'll do something, like that but he rarely fixes some for me, and I think I need to ask him not too, which sounds simple enough, except for this sick and twisted fact: I haven't told him I'm losing weight. There were a variety of reasons, some saner than others. The saner ones are that I've talked his ear off about losing weight 3 or 4 times before only to gain it back, and I wanted to avoid that embarrassing scenario again. I didn't need to tell him, since I do all the food stuff. He might notice that we're not eating, but he probably won't take much note of what we're eating, or how much.

Less sane is that I wanted him to notice on his own. The absurd thing about this is I know him well enough to know both that he might not notice, and if he did notice, he might not comment. He certainly doesn't comment when I gain weight. Especially now, with his depression so bad, he's so rapped up in his own head, he's not overly likely to notice. I was somewhat surprised by the small bowl of ice cream, because it meant that he'd noticed something. Otherwise I'd have gotten a big bowl. It may have been when we were talking about going out to eat, when I said of a particular restaurant that I was sure I could find lots that I wanted to eat, but not much that I though I should. He's probably noticed the exercising I've been doing. Is it possible he doesn't understand why I need to buy new clothes? I should just end my stupid game and tell him, along with telling him that it's better if I make the decision on whether I get a bowl of ice cream or not. Because once it's in my hands, there's no doubt what I'll do with it.

Andejean
08-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Abbysue - Welcome back!
Maile - Good job staying on track out of town!
Berry - Don't those sore muscles feel great?! Congrats on the 180s!:carrot:
Jeniansmom - Congrats on the loss!
Diana - Good luck with the net :goodluck:
K9 - Congrats on the run! Good motivation!:carrot:
Sum - Where in Michigan do you live? DF and I are planning on moving to Arcadia in 4-5 years. :)
Paracea - :welcome:
Mamakat - :getwell:
Vixsin - congrats on the Whoosh!!!
Zoodoo - Good luck with the new plan!
Milesaway - Sometimes those salads are higher in calories than some of the yummier choices anyway. Have you ever read "Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads"? It was an eye opener!
Violet - Hoping the stress subsides :hug:
Dzachary - Glad Poncho is still doing well!

As for me, I stayed up late last night so I'm getting a slow start this morning. DF and I made it through his first week on the night shift. He works 4 - 10 hour shifts, Monday-Thursday night, then we get a 3 day weekend. So, I only see him for about 5 hours a day for those 4 days, but we'll have all the time in the world these next 3 days. :) I was bummed, but really, next week once I start school in the evenings, it won't be so bad. I really need to start planning some healthy school meals again. I sort of slacked off last year... back to the drawing board...

zogo
08-19-2011, 01:02 PM
zoodoo, you've lost over 20 lb without your husband noticing...just be glad he doesn't say anything when you gained and know that eventually he will notice and be proud of you. Hang tough for the next 20.

panacea, welcome...I'm new, too!

Diana, I haven't tried mashed cauliflower...but it's got to be so much better than having to pass on the mashies! Any secrets to making it?

Vixsin....congrats on the whoosh!

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Zoodoo Sounds like your marriage is in a rough spot right now. I hate it when they go there. (Believe me - I've been on that roller coaster for nearly 18 years). I thought about not telling my husband, but knew I would build up resentment if I didn't and he didn't notice. However, he's a SUPER honest person and well, he'll say, "I can't tell a difference". Which he did for about the first 20 pounds. Or now when I say my gut is so flabby. He won't say, "No it's not." or "It's not that bad". He'll say, "Well, you're working on it."
It's just his way - and I can get upset by it or accept it.

It's so hard when one half of the partnership is in a funk/depression. There is no way for you to lift it for him. He has to get there himself - and he has to have the desire to fix it. And it's so hard to stand by and watch.

So, hugs to you. I know it's tough.

But about your plan: I like it. When I started in January, I had a similar though to your initial plan - keep it low key. No pressure. Just do what I can. And it does work, but if you've gotten to a point where seeing movement on the scale faster, then there's nothing wrong with turning the heat up a bit too. Good luck!

Diana3271
08-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Diana, I haven't tried mashed cauliflower...but it's got to be so much better than having to pass on the mashies! Any secrets to making it?

This will give you some ideas.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side-dishes/63581-low-carb-mashed-spuds.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/george-stella/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe/index.html
http://www.food.com/recipe/another-mock-mashed-potatoes-mashed-cauliflower-low-carb-94989

ETA: Good news on my end! The internet was back up when I got to work. I am so glad that I didn't mess with things yesterday! Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Nothing to fix!

Sum38
08-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Ande, I live in lake Orion. Are you talking about the township in Lapeer county or up north by Traverse City?

Andejean
08-19-2011, 02:10 PM
The beautiful lakeside town in Manistee county, south of Traverse by about an hour. It's an hour north of Ludington on M22. Right on the Lake Michigan circle tour.

zoodoo613
08-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Zoodoo Sounds like your marriage is in a rough spot right now. I hate it when they go there. (Believe me - I've been on that roller coaster for nearly 18 years). I thought about not telling my husband, but knew I would build up resentment if I didn't and he didn't notice. However, he's a SUPER honest person and well, he'll say, "I can't tell a difference". Which he did for about the first 20 pounds. Or now when I say my gut is so flabby. He won't say, "No it's not." or "It's not that bad". He'll say, "Well, you're working on it."
It's just his way - and I can get upset by it or accept it.

It's so hard when one half of the partnership is in a funk/depression. There is no way for you to lift it for him. He has to get there himself - and he has to have the desire to fix it. And it's so hard to stand by and watch.

So, hugs to you. I know it's tough.

But about your plan: I like it. When I started in January, I had a similar though to your initial plan - keep it low key. No pressure. Just do what I can. And it does work, but if you've gotten to a point where seeing movement on the scale faster, then there's nothing wrong with turning the heat up a bit too. Good luck!

Thanks.

I was going to write a novel in response to the marriage portion, but I decided (for once) that this wasn't the time, place, or audience. So I'll say this: My marriage is in a rough spot, not its first, and we'll get through. It is tough, but again, I'll get through. Especially if the counselor I called ever gets back to me (right time, place, and audience.)

My choices are to wallow in the rough patch, or to continue trying to work on the things in my life that I have some control over, work, friends, myself. So that's what I'm attempting.

EgyptianFeline
08-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Morning everyone!

Slept past my alarm by an hour this morning, but I got up and did my half hour of yoga. I'm really enjoying the stretching and I think I'm getting more flexible (at least I hope I am). I weighed in and dropped another 2 pounds bringing me to 195, then again I know weight can fluctuate on a daily basis so who really knows if I have lost those two pounds or not, lol. Had a good breakfast with 80 calories so I'm feeling really good this morning. Hopefully by tuesday I'll be well below 192 so there is no issue when I go in for my USAF physical.

Today I plan on drinking 96 oz of liquid (water, black coffee or unsweetened green tea) and sticking to my 500 or less calorie diet. I can't WAIT until this physical is over with so I can go back to eating normally. I keep telling myself that it's only for a week and that I can DO this....I just really hope I'm not harming my body too much. =( I know the meal plan I'm on isn't good for me, but it's only for short term. Once I'm in the program, I'll return to my 800-1000 calorie a day meals.

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks.

I was going to write a novel in response to the marriage portion, but I decided (for once) that this wasn't the time, place, or audience. So I'll say this: My marriage is in a rough spot, not its first, and we'll get through. It is tough, but again, I'll get through. Especially if the counselor I called ever gets back to me (right time, place, and audience.)

My choices are to wallow in the rough patch, or to continue trying to work on the things in my life that I have some control over, work, friends, myself. So that's what I'm attempting.

:hug:

That you know you will get through it is great. I think sometimes once you have weathered a similar storm, you have more confidence you'll weather through the rest of them. Even though it's hard.

Sum38
08-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Something interesting I have noted. I went off sugar (Zoo) about three weeks ago. I have none; well fruit but nothing from cane or artificial.... My eye sight has gotten better! -- I have never had glasses, nor I needed them. Beginning of this year, I felt the need to get some reading glasses.

About four weeks ago, I was struggling to see clear when driving and my reading glasses were permanently on me. -- I did not go off sugar because of my eyes; but voila about week into my sugar free diet, my eye sight is clear. I even ditched the reading glasses.

I guess sugar is poison.

So this was a very pleasant "side effect" of living sugar free life.

Sum38
08-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Ande It is beautiful up there. DD is leaving for band camp on Sunday. Destination Torch lake, right around the area where you would like to move to.

Andejean
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Sum, yes it is very beautiful and peaceful up there. Cecil and I vacation there every year. :) He grew up there, so he knows a lot about the area. His mom used to own the Arcadia Dairy Freeze in the 60's. lots of memories. :)

zogo
08-19-2011, 05:07 PM
zoodoo, your situation reminded me of one of my favorite quotes.......
"You'll never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option"
It is clear you have a lot of strength, and lots of friends here to support you, too. Hugs

shishkeberry
08-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Since we're having cauliflower for dinner tonight anyway, I'm going to try it mashed. Maybe then my DS will eat it.

berryblondeboys
08-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Something interesting I have noted. I went off sugar (Zoo) about three weeks ago. I have none; well fruit but nothing from cane or artificial.... My eye sight has gotten better! -- I have never had glasses, nor I needed them. Beginning of this year, I felt the need to get some reading glasses.

About four weeks ago, I was struggling to see clear when driving and my reading glasses were permanently on me. -- I did not go off sugar because of my eyes; but voila about week into my sugar free diet, my eye sight is clear. I even ditched the reading glasses.

I guess sugar is poison.

So this was a very pleasant "side effect" of living sugar free life.

Huh, that is really odd! Nothing else changed in what you were doing or where you were? Though I'm not surprised - food can do amazing things.

Maile
08-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Since we're having cauliflower for dinner tonight anyway, I'm going to try it mashed. Maybe then my DS will eat it.

If you grate the cauliflower you can just microwave it for 3 min and it sort of tastes like rice. People add chicken broth to the mashed cauliflower..It is not too bad.

mamakat
08-19-2011, 07:33 PM
((has frozen bags of cauliflower all over her body right now))

I loved mashed cauliflower...mmm mmm good.

Zoodoo, my DH knows that I'm losing weight and I still don't get the compliment that I've been looking for :p At first I thought it was because I am always sitting by the time he gets home. But yesterday we were out and I strutted around like a stinking peacock and still nothing :lol: You win some you lose some...I'll stick with the losing :lol:

Well I'm giving up for the day. I've done everything I can and nothing worked. Looks like I'll be out tomorrow too. I'm thinking it's a little more than I originally thought as my fingers are swollen and hurt like a :censored: too. I gotta go refreeze my cauliflower :p

I hope you all have a lovely evening. :D

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-19-2011, 09:17 PM
(((((Hugs)))))) Mamakat

shishkeberry
08-19-2011, 10:09 PM
I have two NSV's! I posted about the one in Mini Goals (my Ravens jersey fits this year!) and now I have another one. So there was a thread a few weeks back in General Chatter about fitting in your husband's pants. At the time I tried it and could not button them... not even close! But today I could button and zip them up! They're still too tight and manly to wear comfortably but still, this is huge! I felt kind of terrible because he's pushing 290 and I couldn't fit in his pants but now I can tra la la...

Diana3271
08-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I'm late checking in. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Have a great night and sleep well. :grouphug:

Total Approx 1545 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (805 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
1/2 Starbucks brownie (this like the ultimate NSV for me :lol: I shared a brownie with DH :yikes: I am trying to work on portion control with sweets. And all I can say is damn, it was good! :drool:) 205 Calories

Exercise:
For the fun of it! :rofl:
TF HIIT 30
TF HIIT 25
TF HIIT 20
TF HIIT 15

Vixsin
08-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Just a quick check in....I think I ended over on calories today. Impromptu cookout so I had to guesstimate. I ate grilled chicken, kielbasa and a small pc of steak. No pasta salad for me and I did say yes to 3 drinks. Will gladly take the water gain in the morning. have a great weekend planned and tonight was really the only night for things to be late. I am ready to be focused through the weekend!!!!! Didn't make it today, so tomorrow is Treadmill Day!!!!!! Have a great night all!!!!

Larry H
08-20-2011, 12:47 AM
A big Congratulations Berry, Krystal and Vixsin on your losses!!

My weight is steady at 215.

Spent the day in Tampa at MacDill Air Force base. Spent $301 at the Commissary stocking up on healthy foods.

8/18/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 1309 (42 under)
8/19/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1064 (737 under)

Total so far for this week is 2137 calories under

My sodium was a little high at 2804 mg which is 804 mg over my goal of 2000 mg. Not nearly as high as when I had those huge overnight weight gains.
Much of this came from a Chicken Wrap that I thought was a healthy choice until I got home and researched the sodium content. Oh well it could have been much worse.

Larry,

EgyptianFeline
08-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Check-in time!!!

Anyway, I did well. I am very pleased that I did not overindulge today. My college group had a pool party, so there were tons of sodas, chips, dip, croissant sandwiched (my faaaav!!) and lots of dessert, like cake and ice cream. I had.....absolutely nothing! =D None of it! I stayed away and stuck to my guns.

Breakfast: 2/3 cup of fiber one cereal - without milk (80 calories)
Dinner: 4 rice cakes and a cup of blueberries (220 calories)
Total: 480 calories!

Exercise:
30 minutes of yoga in the morning
2 hours of swimming

I stayed under my diet limit of 500 calories today as well! Now I just have to push through 7 more days of this horrible horrible low calorie intake (trying not to pass out in the process) until I get my official weigh-in and then I am already planning a trip to taco bell AND Chick-fil-a afterwards! I will not care about calories for one day and I will ENJOY it! Then I'll get back on my 1000 calorie diet, lol.

LGW
08-20-2011, 04:02 AM
Start May 15 - 238
Aug 15 - 217.8 (-20.2 total wt loss)

LONG-TERM GOAL: NEVER SEE 215 again?

8/15 - 217.8 (+1.6)
8/16 - 217.0 (-0.8)
8/17 - no WI
8/18 - 215.0 (-2.0)
8/19 - 214.6 (-0.4)

Next mini goal: 209-213 by Sept 15

K9Owner
08-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Shiske: :yay: for your NSVs! Keep it up girlie :) I love Glenn’s Cauliflower Bake
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side-dishes-phase-1/172608-glenns-cauliflower-bake.html)
Diana32: People think you and your hubs are father/daughter!!! :rofl: This is the funniest thing I’ve heard all week!!

Larry: 215!! WoW!! Great Job ;)

Egyptian: Exactly what kind of diet are you on? I get the “going to a physical” thing, but normaly? 800-1000/day? Really?

Kristiina: I want to be sugar free, but I am just not there as of yet. I love sweet things!

ZooDoo: I feel you on the 5lb/2 month thing. I need a swift kick in the pants to get me going again as well! Good luck on your “Rules” for the next 2 weeks. You can do it!

MilesAway: I second that weekend strategy. I need another day of eating like Monday instead of 3 days eating like Saturday! And for the record, you’re not as big of a cry baby as I have been for the last 3 weeks!

Violet: :hug: Sounds like all that sodium and highly-processed carbs caught a hold of some water for you :(
YUCK!

MamaKat: 243 lbs—Be gone from our friend! :lol: Ok, I proclaimed it gone for you, so it shall be! :lol: I can’t imagine you standing still for 45 min. Heck, now that I think about it, I can’t imagine myself standing still for 45 min. :lol:

DZ: I’m so glad Poncho is feeling better. Even 30% is better from where he was. I have never seen nor owned a pet with Parvo. I don’t even know if I’d be able to tell if mine had it! :hug: to him. Hope he continues to improve in health!!

Ande: Let us know what the drawing board dishes out on your palette for school, pls :)

Zogo: :welcome2: to the thread! Glad to have you here!

Melissa: :yay: for your new low!! You are almost at your goal and in less than a year!! I’m impressed!

WannaBe: We’re glad you’re here too!! Just keep checking in. You can do this!!

Panacea: :welcome3:

Vix: The Famous Dancing :carrot: Award goes to you!! Congrats!!

Mojo: I’m so glad you are liking your teaching job. It truly makes a difference when you “like” what you do in the location where you do it! I love what I do, but HATE where I work!

AbbySue: :yay: for you!! I’m so glad you’re checking back in with us :)

Maile: I love exercising at hotels (when they have functional equipment). I don’t know why, but I just love to try out “new to me” equipment!

JenIan: Great job on 3 lbs for the week, despite TOM. I hate when he’s late for me. It usually means he’s bringing tons of cravings, severe back pain, and intolerable moodiness 10 fold!! :tantrum: Hope you feel better soon!

:wave: Hi to anyone I missed this week. Our forum has grown so much, it's practically impossible to keep up with every single post. Which, to me, is a great thing! The more, the merrier--isn't that the phrase??

I hope I can stay in the 140s this time. It would defo be nice to have my scale move in the opposite direction of UP. I know it’s running that will get me where I want to be, I just have to be diligent each week. I like the :running: man, and the idea is for him to keep me accountable for a month. I told you all, I start nothing on Mondays, holidays, or at the beginning of the month or year. :lol: Why wait until then? :dunno:

My peach trip turned out to be so peachy! :D
They have a little café’, bakery, ladies/baby boutique, yard art area, and farmer’s market.
For the size of the place, they sell a LOT of random stuff. We were there about 1.5 hrs.
I bought a dessert for lunch with homemade peach ice cream (a kiddie cup) and OMG, talk about delicious :drool:
For dinner, my parents and I stopped by this little place in New Albany, MS called “Taylor’s Place”. They have been there before, but I haven’t—nor will I return. They had an “All You Can Eat Seafood Buffet”. I’ve been wanting some really good catfish, but did not find it here! I had baked catfish and a baked sweet potato and NOT the AYCE buffet. I couldn’t justify eating $18.99 worth of seafood. My meal was disgusting! I sent the first plate back [which is a rarity for me]. The fish was so dry, I couldn’t even cut it :barf: The 2nd helping wasn’t much better. UGH!

Anyway, I work tonight 7p-7a. So, I’ll be asleep today. My nephew has a pool party for his 6th bday that I’ll try to attend for 1 hr before work. :crossed:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

berryblondeboys
08-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm not ready to be awake, but my 6 year old is and my bladder was ready to explode. Might go back to bed, but had to do my weigh in and take my thyroid medicine with a big glass of water. Down another 1.2 today! (edited to change that).

Doing bodypump today and mowing half the lawn (hubby will do other half). Two more days until my mother in law leaves - yippee!!!

Mojojuju
08-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Thursday night and Friday were hectic--but I have little to report.

My mammogram was painful. Thankfully, the woman who had to manhandle me into that machine was quick and so I didn't have to stay in a painful clamp for longer than fifteen seconds at a time, maybe even less. They want me to come back in for a boob ultrasound (my boob is pregnant, haha!) but I don't know if I can afford it. My insurance is running out at the end of the month.

I wonder how low your income has to be in order to be eligible for medicaid? Food stamps? Mammography is expensive!

I've never been in this tight a pinch before. (no pun intended, haha!)

I had a bad "Why do I bother" day yesterday and cried a lot. My Boyfriend tried to cheer me up...by making me a grilled cheese sammich.

Oh well, he tries. It was utterly delicious. The man is a master of the Grilled Cheese. And since it doesn't seem to matter WHAT I eat anyhow, I might as well just enjoy!

Swam hard yesterday, ran so hard today I had trouble breathing for a short stretch till my second wind kicked in. There's this one utterly vicious hill I run up. It used to be that I got lucky and my walking sections were timed so I could walk that part, but now that they're only two minutes long, I pretty much always hit it full-jog. Whew! I'm proud of myself.

Back later for personals, I have to eat, do laundry, and go to Costco.

Diana3271
08-20-2011, 09:26 AM

I'll be back in a little while. I need my next cup of coffee! :coffee: :coffee2:

Weigh In: 142.4 (still TTOM)
Down: 1.4 pounds

Mojojuju
08-20-2011, 09:27 AM
BerryBlondeBoys: WOOOHOOOOO!!! CONTRATS ON THE 180's!!!!

:cheer: :cheer2: :cheer3:

K9: If there is one thing that makes me grumpy, it's going out to eat and the food is BAD. I don't want to pay for something gross! Dry fish is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves, too. ESPECIALLY if it is a seafood place. They should know better! But I can't tell you how often I'm served fibrous salmon or stiff, wooden catfish.

Of course, I still try. Cause seafood, yum.

But I feel your pain! I'd be cheezed off too!

EgyptianFeline: :welcome: ! We're happy to have you, and good job on avoiding the triggering junk food! And not to start being all bossy big sis on you or anything, but unless your doctor put you on the 500 calorie thing, it's probably a really bad idea. Most doctors won't recommend anyone go below 1200 calories for a 5'4" woman, though if you're shorter you might get away with less, but that is BEFORE workouts. If you're working out and then only eating 500 calories you're probably into negative calories for the day. Contrary to popular belief, that's bad. It's going to slow down your metabolism, because your body will panic that it's not getting enough nutrition. Then when you start eating more calories, your slowed down metabolism won't burn them as fast. You'll actually throw a wrench into your weight loss.

Long term maintenance of the diet you described will literally kill you.

Anyhow, I'm not the boss of you, but part of support forums is being honest with yourself and your group. Unless your doc told you to do it, I'd do some research on what your basal metabolic rate is, and eat AT LEAST that many calories. If you eat your BMR calories and then work out, healthy sustainable loss should follow. There are many decent BMR calculators to be found on the internet. Check one out!

I have been going at my own plan for 7 weeks now, and just last week FINALLY started losing weight--when I ate more. And for me, that's about 2300 calories a day. Yep, you heard me. I wasn't losing a pound at a lower calorie level.

Something to consider. :hug:

zogo
08-20-2011, 09:31 AM
berry I'm with you on going back to bed! Two morning doves landed on my windowsill this morning. That woke me up and the cat thought she had died and gone to heaven. As soon as she pounced at the window, the birds took off. Now I'm awake.

K9Owner That recipe for Glenn's Cauliflower Bake sounds so yummy. I think I will go to the store this morning (now that I'm up) and get some cauliflower. I'll buy fresh, but have any of you tried frozen?

The good news is I FINALLY hit the 170's. YAY! Officially 179.4. It has taken me 9 weeks to lose 10 lb. Painfully slow. Hope I can hang on through the weekend.

Vixsin
08-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Check-in time!!!

Anyway, I did well. I am very pleased that I did not overindulge today. My college group had a pool party, so there were tons of sodas, chips, dip, croissant sandwiched (my faaaav!!) and lots of dessert, like cake and ice cream. I had.....absolutely nothing! =D None of it! I stayed away and stuck to my guns.

Breakfast: 2/3 cup of fiber one cereal - without milk (80 calories)
Dinner: 4 rice cakes and a cup of blueberries (220 calories)
Total: 480 calories!

Exercise:
30 minutes of yoga in the morning
2 hours of swimming

I stayed under my diet limit of 500 calories today as well! Now I just have to push through 7 more days of this horrible horrible low calorie intake (trying not to pass out in the process) until I get my official weigh-in and then I am already planning a trip to taco bell AND Chick-fil-a afterwards! I will not care about calories for one day and I will ENJOY it! Then I'll get back on my 1000 calorie diet, lol.

:welcome3: Welcome Feline!! We're glad you're here!

Please, please, PLEASE be careful with taking in so few calories. 480 calories for a full day REALLY concerns me. (just my usual breakfast is approx 450 calories) It seems like you are really focused and doing such a great job with the yoga in the morning and all of that swimming. that is amazing. I am concerned for your low calories because of how tall you are and all that awesome exercise. Is this a plan that your doctor put you on? I have read and witnessed too many times that when you take in too few calories, your body will go into starvation mode and will actually start to gain weight and start to canibalize your muscle tissue. It's so important for us to properly nourish ourselves during this time.

Anywho, don't mean to stand on a soapbox or anything. I am super glad that you are here and this thread is an AMAZING place for support, guidance, and education. This is a great group and we all will enjoy getting to know you better!!! :hug:

Not too much initial damage from last night's cookout. I'm down .4 today to 182.4. :yay:

The sun is shining and the plan for today is a little grocery shopping, and massive amounts of weed pulling (I'm going to have to take before and after pictures, my front yard looks awful. LOL), have some friends to come over and hang with my pups and take a look at my car. Grilling tonight for dinner at the same house we were at last night except way less people. LOL

Proud of myself for making here on a Saturday! I am going to try and get a run in today since I didn't get one yesterday.

Have a wonderful day all!!!

Mojojuju
08-20-2011, 10:08 AM
So my scale says I'm a pound down from yesterday, so what the ****, I'll just count it. Maybe it will go away, but I'm sick of not moving my ticker. :D

zogo
08-20-2011, 10:20 AM
mojojuju If the radiologists feel like they need another look-see at your breast, I would try to make that happen. This coming from someone who had a bilateral mastectomy 8 months ago. I was very fortunate to have a surgery called Diep flap, where they take your belly fat and the artery for it, and place it where your breast tissue was and reconnect it to a blood supply in your chest under a microscope. I still have a little reconstruction to go, and my biggest concern is now that I'm serious about losing weight, will my tummy fat (in my bra) be the first to go?

Mojojuju
08-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Zogo: I hear ya. I guess the possibilities (cancer at 33 while uninsured and underemployed) are just too scary to contemplate. I will have to pay for the tests somehow, even if it means living on Ramen for a month or two. I just like to pretend that I can ignore it all. :(

DZackery
08-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Good Morning! So I'm up another .2 today but I ate spaghetti and a small piece of birthday cake yesterday so I'm not really surprised...I think I will go for a run today..I havent been since we went on vacation...and then Poncho getting sick. DH is home today so I can pretty much go whenever.

I will check in later, happy day to all!

zoodoo613
08-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Day 1 of the new plan went OK. I didn't get any more exercise than my few minutes in the morning, but at least I got that in. We went out to dinner, so I didn't end up with a low calorie day, but it wasn't too bad. No sugar, although I was sorely tempted to have just a bite of ice cream when my son and his friend were blissfully eating it while they were looking over my shoulder at the computer.

Mojojuju
08-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Ohmygosh!! There's a 5k in October, and there's a very cheap (25 dollar) training class for beginners at a track that is walking distance from my apartment!!!

I have to be running two miles without stopping by September 21! I bet I can do this!

mamakat
08-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Oh my gosh, I wish you all could have seen my DH's sad face when he asked what I wanted for breakfast and I said nothing. He normally cooks some cool kind of concoction with eggs for breakfast and I can not look at another blucky egg. He walked away pouting :( He brought back a cup of coffee with a huge smile and said he had remembered that he bought something special for me.

Remember how I said it wasn't perverse? I'm rethinking it! :lol: He ran away like a child heading for the jungle gym. No kidding. I have no idea what it's going to be, but I know it smells good. Poor guy hated when doctor suggested a gluten free lifestyle, but you know, he made it work. I don't get it myself as I HATE to cook. But whatever make DH happy I suppose.

I felt like screaming I give up today, but when I stepped on the scale in did not say 243. It's been 241.4 for two days now. I will gladly take it as long as it doesn't get stuck for a month and a half! I'm still sore and as the day gets moving the pain increases, but I was extremely bored yesterday and I thought "I'm still in pain so what would it hurt if I did something Saturday." I couldn't walk down a flight of stairs yesterday but DH is home now so I am going to do something, I just don't know what. I have cabin fever and I need to get out!

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy weekend. I will try to behave so that I can exercise soon. :)

Sum38
08-20-2011, 11:33 AM
K9 -- each time I go below 150, I start to eat like mad....I don't know why. Maybe this time, because I have you to compete :lol: with, will be different.

Today's weight; 153.5

shishkeberry
08-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Good luck in your class mojo!

LindseyLou
08-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Ladies! Ladies! Ladies! And Larry!

I HAD to come on...despite the fact I've been MIA for some time now. Eeeeek...I don't even want to type it...

I've gained 10 poinds! Yes, GAINED! :cry:

For the last three months I've been bad, not necessarily totally off plan, but certainly not on plan like I needed to be. So, it's time to get my @$$ in gear and get this 10 off and then some! So naturally, I'm back for your help & support, because well, let's face it, you're awesome!!!!!! :D

This is my plan for today...(I am eating a larger lunch...lunch with the girls but I'll be good. ;))

B – oatmeal w/milk 200, banana 100 (300)
L – flatbread (tomato, garlic, olive oil, mozzarella) ~500
S – strawberries w/sprinkle of sugar 100
D – beef & veggie stir fry 400
S – grapes 50
1350 (rounding up on everything to be safe ;))
30 minute walk with DH & DPs :running:

Since I've been bad about staying hydrated my goal is 64 oz today...

I see you all are kicking butt and I'm SO proud of you ALL!!! Let's make today a FABULOUS day!!! :carrot:

Katalicious
08-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Deciding to come back here after a couple years of giving up again. I had lost 70 lbs. the last time I lost weight. That was three years ago and I have already forgotten exactly how I made myself do that. I have five kids, no time to exercise, and one of those kids is a newborn. I need to reset though so I'll be here. All I want right now though is a plate of cookies and sweet tea:(

LindseyLou
08-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Kat - Welcome back! I'm back after being MIA for a bit too. We CAN do this though! This is undoubtedly the best forum (and best thread IMO ;))! Stick around, these ladies are spectacular!

Vixsin
08-20-2011, 01:16 PM
LINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You have been missed!! No worries about that 10. It will come right back off in no time! You are focused and ready to tackle it! I, for one, am really happy to see you. You've always motivated me to keep moving forward. :hug:

Kat: welcome back to you too! We are glad you're back and ready to get this done! You have done it before I am confident in you that you'll do it again!!!!

Welcome!!!

I totally just treated myself for lunch. I had 6oz of baked chicken that I cut up and put into an Easy Mac single serving container of mac n cheese!! :drool: 520 cals of deliciousness! I wrote it down and am owning it!!! I'm off to do some yardwork this afternoon. Grilling for dinner, so thinking all will be well with my calories. We are making homemade donuts for dessert though. I think I may only have a half of one. LOL We'll see.

I. AM. FOCUSED!!

Vixsin
08-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I've been thinking about something, gang and I need your help/input on this.

I'm wanting to change my starting weight. When I started my journey here I was at 249 but my heaviest on record was 271. That was just before Maxwell was born. I have my heaviest weight documented by my license picture. so because of that, I am thinking about changing my starting weight to 271.

I don't feel that I'm being dishonest or trying to take credit for losing more than I did.

I would really love to hear your thoughts on this before I change anything.

Thanks guys!! :grouphug:

berryblondeboys
08-20-2011, 01:38 PM
I've been thinking about something, gang and I need your help/input on this.

I'm wanting to change my starting weight. When I started my journey here I was at 249 but my heaviest on record was 271. That was just before Maxwell was born. I have my heaviest weight documented by my license picture. so because of that, I am thinking about changing my starting weight to 271.

I don't feel that I'm being dishonest or trying to take credit for losing more than I did.

I would really love to hear your thoughts on this before I change anything.

Thanks guys!! :grouphug:

Vixsin, Had a similar dilemma. My all time high was 275. And then I dropped ten when we moved. It stayed 265 for eons (well, not really, I had a baby, lost, then regained back up to 265, but then was at 265 for 5 years). Then we moved again and I got to 255. I was there for a year. So, this particular journey I started at 255, but my all time high was 275. So, when I get to 175, I will have lost 100 pounds from my highest weight ever. (And I was 275 for about 2 years).

I struggled with that too and what I decided to do through the suggestion from someone on 3FC was to have a start weight, restart weight, current weight and goal weight. As you can see under my avatar to the side.

For my ticker, I have it set for this journey only. Where this effort started.

Not saying that's what you need to do, but that's how I handled it.

With that said, I know I want to get myself some sort of reward for when I get to 175 and I'm thinking of something like 10 beads for 100 pounds as that will be from my highest weight to my initial goal. Where I end up below 175 is somewhat irrelevant. I just want to be under 175. I've never been under that weight in my adult life. Not since I was like 16 or so. So, that will be my success. Beyond that is icing on the cake.... but I have those feelings of "But I didn't lose all 100 pounds in one go.. so does that make sense to celebrate 100 pounds lost?" No one will care but me, but i'm a really honest person, so it does matter to me to feel I 'earned' those ten beads. So... I understand where you are coming from.

Vixsin
08-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Thank you for you input, Berry. I changed my start weight because I feel that it was those 20-ish pounds that I kept re-gaining and re-losing over 6 or 7 years that finally brought me to the place that brought me here. So I gave credit to my journey here at 3FC since this is where the weight has truly come off and will stay off.

Sum38
08-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Lindsey!!! Glad to see you!! :hug:

And now I kick your butt for gaining that weight! :rollpin::rofl:

shishkeberry
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
So I had a wonderful suprise this morning. I saw the 240's and that means I have lost 40 pounds since the middle of May. It may be a few pounds more since the beginning of May, but May 15th is yen I bought my scale and I was 289 on that day. 40! I have never lost this much weight by trying in my life! Thank you 3fc and especially those of you on this thread. If only I could buy all of you a round of green smoothies in real life. :) i'm just so damn happy :D I went out and bought my 40lb charm today. It's a little infinity symbol to remind myself that this is forever. That I have to mind what I eat for the rest of my life. Only about 10-15 more to go until I reach my pre-second baby weight. I still have 30 to go until i reach my prekid weight and after that I'll be the lowest I've been since high school. I'm excited and I can't wait.

DZackery
08-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Shish Congrats! I remember that mark....LOL then I messed it up with little debbies and icecream. :) My bad and here I am back at 3FC. But I have a feeling you'll do better than me. Roll with it girl!

berryblondeboys
08-20-2011, 08:03 PM
So I had a wonderful suprise this morning. I saw the 240's and that means I have lost 40 pounds since the middle of May. It may be a few pounds more since the beginning of May, but May 15th is yen I bought my scale and I was 289 on that day. 40! I have never lost this much weight by trying in my life! Thank you 3fc and especially those of you on this thread. If only I could buy all of you a round of green smoothies in real life. :) i'm just so damn happy :D I went out and bought my 40lb charm today. It's a little infinity symbol to remind myself that this is forever. That I have to mind what I eat for the rest of my life. Only about 10-15 more to go until I reach my pre-second baby weight. I still have 30 to go until i reach my prekid weight and after that I'll be the lowest I've been since high school. I'm excited and I can't wait.

Way to go! You have every reason to be ecstatic about how you are doing! Go you!

mamakat
08-20-2011, 08:23 PM
shish awesome job! cool bead. you are smoking.

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-20-2011, 09:02 PM
I am checking in....can't remember if I checked in this morning. I am on plan! Monday is weigh day.

zoodoo613
08-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Another good day. I took two walks, one to the farmers market and co-op with my son and his friend, and then another to the Salvation Army, more or less in the same place, but I didn't think ahead of time to combine trips, and hey, extra walking this way. I found a two pairs of pants and a skirt there.

The no sugar rule keeps sneaking up in ways to surprise me. My friend works at the co-op and offered me a muffin, just out of the oven muffin. I hadn't had breakfast, and saying no wasn't easy, but I did.

I took my son school shopping, and tried on some things for myself. I got some work pants off the rack and my inclination was to grab an 18, but I got a 20 also, just in case. Both were too big. I went back for the 16s and they fit, although they were a big snugger than I prefer at one point in the hip. That's always the case with me, fit is just tough. These were curvy fit, short. They're still too big in the waist (I can fix that) and too long (I can fix that too.) I got the black, which were more forgiving than the gray.

I got excited because I thought I was going to do a big hike tomorrow, one of the high peaks of the Adirondacks, but my hiking friend (same person as the co-op muffin) remembered this evening that she'd already made plans. I was having a debate with myself because my standard go-to hiking meal is PB&J and I couldn't decide if the J broke my sugar rule. Yes, it's filled with sugar, but it's not among the problem foods that were the intent of my sugar ban. I guess I can save that debate for another day, since the hike is off for this weekend.

Sum38
08-20-2011, 09:59 PM
This is interesting, but long... about how sugar is poison.

http://www.uctv.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=16717#.Tk-TrvCDwTY.facebook

Diana3271
08-20-2011, 10:41 PM
I had a planned higher calorie day. I am over what I normally eat on Saturday by about 700 calories. My weight has dropped so I wanted to enjoy a little more food than normal. Here's the funny thing, when I have a little gain, like I planned, it will bother me. I'm a crazy individual. ;)

Total Approx 2515 :yikes: Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (550 Calories)
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Steamed veggies 100 calories
Iced Coffee 50 calories

Dinner (1600 calories)
Chicken Bog :rofl: 500 calories
Zucchini & Tomatoes 100 calories
2 servings Edwards Special Dark Creme Pie 1000 calories :yikes:

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk

Diana3271
08-20-2011, 10:42 PM
This is interesting, but long... about how sugar is poison.

http://www.uctv.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=16717#.Tk-TrvCDwTY.facebook

I don't even want to read this right now. :rofl: See my post above. ;)

mamakat
08-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Hello Everyone,
Well I did it, I got out. Today we walked in an easy enough place Gillette Castle, such lovely scenery. My DD was a grump as we took her away from her computer when she was reading. I told her we were inside all week and as of that moment I could walk. I know I have said this before but I will say it again...I do not ever take walking for granted :)

The trail was flat as it was Gillette's personal railroad track. They removed the track but kept the trail so that people could see what he got to see when he rode around in his train...is that too rich or what? We found several little toads and one super ugly bug. On our way out we saw deer, but we see those here in my neighborhood so they're not too amazing. I love wild life.

I wore them all out as usual. When we came to benches they sat down, I waited :) I love this energy. DD and DH had desserts after dinner and once again DS passed looking at me. He really feels bad that I can't have. I told him I was OK he could have it, but he won't eat sweets in front of me. I love him! I feel good, not fatigued so I will definitely hit the gym tomorrow.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy night. :)

alaskanlaughter
08-20-2011, 11:48 PM
the rain is pounding down so hard outside...i have the windows open to hear it even louder, and to air out the house before DH starts a fire in the fireplace...three inches of rain expected this weekend...what a nice autumn! i love rain!

Diana3271
08-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Has anyone here tried pumpkin butter? I have seen people post about them liking it. I have had apple butter before and it's OK. Not a favorite. I bought some pumpkin butter today. I took a little taste and I think it's really good. :drool: I will try it on my English muffin tomorrow. But I think it's a keeper. Right now I am really enjoying blueberry preserves on my English muffin in the morning. Anyone try blueberry preserves?

Larry Great job being so consistent!

EgyptianFeline Hi :wave:

LGW Congrats on the .4.

K9 The recipe for the cauliflower bake sounds great. I had a cauliflower omelet this morning that was totally delish! :D Tomorrow I am having my leftover zucchini & tomatoes in my omelet! :lol: If I remember correctly, you don't like savory omelets, like that, do you?

Berry It sounds like you had an active day today.

Mojojuju I'm sorry the mammogram was painful. Was the machine one of the new digital machines? They make a big difference. I have lost a lot of my boobage ;) since losing weight. I have to have my mammogram next month. I don't know how they are going to do it, since there's not much left. :rofl: Try to have the US done before your insurance runs out. Keep us updated on what you decide. Congrats on the pound!

Zogo Congrats on the 170's! :carrot:

Vixsin You did well at the cookout! Congrats on the .4.

DZachery Is Poncho still continuing to get better?

Zoodoo Congrats on staying strong with the sugar.

Mamakat Did you get a workout in today? I hope you were able to get out and do something fun. ETA: I just saw your post that you did get out. :carrot:

Lindsey Hi! :wave: Good to see you!

Katalicious Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Shishkeberry Congrats on the 40 pounds! :bravo:

WannaBeLoserAgain Great job checking in and being accountable.

Alaskanlaughter Hi :wave: What are the temps there?

alaskanlaughter
08-21-2011, 12:05 AM
hi diana :) temps here are about 55 during the day and in the 40s at night...getting a little chilly in here at night when we dont turn the heat on...almost frosted the other night but i dont think i've killed any of my plants yet...pumpkin plants are vining but no pumpkins yet, may not get any this year before a frost kills them...its been pouring rain though for 2 days straight so i think i probably drowned the strawberries outside...my cabbages have big leaves but no cabbage heads either...it rained so hard last night that it woke up my husband from a sound sleep LOL!

Diana3271
08-21-2011, 12:15 AM
alaskanlaughter Wow! It is cool there! Enjoy! It will be a couple months before it cools off here.

Larry H
08-21-2011, 12:39 AM
Ladies! Ladies! Ladies! And Larry!

I HAD to come on...despite the fact I've been MIA for some time now. Eeeeek...I don't even want to type it...

I've gained 10 poinds! Yes, GAINED! :cry:

For the last three months I've been bad, not necessarily totally off plan, but certainly not on plan like I needed to be. So, it's time to get my @$$ in gear and get this 10 off and then some! So naturally, I'm back for your help & support, because well, let's face it, you're awesome!!!!!! :D

This is my plan for today...(I am eating a larger lunch...lunch with the girls but I'll be good. ;))

B – oatmeal w/milk 200, banana 100 (300)
L – flatbread (tomato, garlic, olive oil, mozzarella) ~500
S – strawberries w/sprinkle of sugar 100
D – beef & veggie stir fry 400
S – grapes 50
1350 (rounding up on everything to be safe ;))
30 minute walk with DH & DPs :running:

Since I've been bad about staying hydrated my goal is 64 oz today...

I see you all are kicking butt and I'm SO proud of you ALL!!! Let's make today a FABULOUS day!!! :carrot:

Welcome Back!! You were missed.

Larry,

Larry H
08-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Congratulations on the 40 pounds shishkeberry!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

I got in a mile walking at a Flea Market.

My weight is holding at 215 which means my small sodium bump yesterday did not affect it.

8/18/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 1309 (42 under)
8/19/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1064 (737 under)
8/20/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1215 (286 Under)

Total so far for this week is 2423 calories under

My sodium was 1950 mg which is 50 mg under my goal of 2000 mg

Larry,

Vixsin
08-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Late check in for me tonight. Dinner with my friend and her daughter tonight. grilled chicken breast and grilled kielbasa again tonight. I also had some corn and 2 spoons of packaged chicken rice :drool: I'm not sure if I drank enough today but I definitely was moving around. No formal exercise though. :( Hopefully, I'll get up relatively early tomorrow and I'll get a run. :crossed:

If I get a little gain tomorrow, I'm not going to sweat it. lunch with another friend and her boys. I'm going to bring some broccoli slaw with me and she's all about grilling too. We may end up doing that for lunch. LOL

Definitely going to be focused on my water tomorrow!

Nite All!

Diana3271
08-21-2011, 09:32 AM

Weigh In: 143.6
Up: 1.2 pounds
Still TTOM

berryblondeboys
08-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Morning everyone! Slept in a bit this morning to try to catch up with sleep. I should be going to Zumba in less than an hour, but I'm not feeling up to it. I think I'll ride my bike or walk later or even do a video in my basement. Just too sleepy yet this mornign to get to an early morning class.

Down another .4 today. Savoring this so I can mentally prepare for the next stall out starting in less than a week.

Mojojuju
08-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Wow did I run today! I ran down to the nearby track that I didn't know was there till yesterday, then I ran a mile there, then I walked back with a few runs inbetween. (it was uphill all the way and I was tired!) I will see if I can't find the mileage but I would not be surprised if it were a full three miles today. That would be awesome! A personal trainer gave me his card at the track and a very sweaty pat on the back. Told me I was doing great and to keep it up even if I never came to his gym, and recommended cutting my walking interval next week, "because you clearly can do a 10 min mile, you were running about 12 there and I can tell you could probably push."

I know he was just trying to drum up some business, but it still felt good to have an exercise conversation with an exercise professional. :D If I had the money, I would definitely investigate his business.

Other thoughts--that track always looks so easy till you start to chug your way around it! :lol:

Back later for personals, I'm off to eat my breakfast before my muscles decide to mutiny.

Vixsin
08-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Good Morning All!!

Berry: Great job getting your rest. We know how important it is. :)

Mojo: What a run! Great job!!!

Diana: Hi! :wave:

I'm up .6 to 183.0. I'm ok with it. I really don't think I got in enough water yesterday. I'll be focused on that today.

Lunch and play date with my friend and her boys today. Should be fun! Groceries, laundry and house cleaning after that today! Joy!!! LOL

Have a wonderful day today, all!

mamakat
08-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Morning Everyone,
I woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep so I used my time wisely and did laundry...that is not like me at all. I did lay around for an hour before I got up which is exactly what I do, but I was bored and needed to move my legs. They hurt today, like restless leg so I have to move more than sit or lay in this mornings case. I came back upstairs around 7 and finally fell asleep sitting up and yet still woke up before 10, weird. I thought I'd sleep more.

Today's plan is mowing the lawn, it needs it bad. Other than that I'm doing good on chores :p DD woke (she sleeps downstairs on a huge KING size circle bed) up while I was down there. I turned the channel on the TV to something other than kiddie shows and it was like her brain knew it. She didn't like me in "her" space. I say tough, Get out of my living room! She's an odd duck and we allow it, so whose fault is it? No need to answer :p

Mojojuju I think that's cool that he offered some free advice, it's good for business, already you've talked about him. Not that any of us could say give me his number as we don't live near you, but word of mouth is great business. Also cool on the 3 miles. If I know I'm walking a mile or more I get fatigued easy (mental I know), but during these hikes we go out and we have to make the circle or we're stuck in the woods. I'm always amazed now at how much I'm doing once it's done. You're doing amazing.

Berry it's good you always have back ups for exercise. You do a lot of different things.

Diana :wave: good morning :)

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.

zogo
08-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Well I guess hitting the 170's yesterday was too good to be true. Up a pound today and back to 180.4 grrrrr. I'm thinking I didn't move enough yesterday...I had just enough energy to get through my p90x routine and was mostly lazy beyond that.

Mamakat, your dd has a king round bed? I think I've only seen those in movies! That is so cool, she's one lucky girl. Must be fun trying to find sheets!

Mojo, great job on going to the track. Maybe you can use the coach's little bit of (free) advice and work toward that 10 min mile! You go girl

WannaBeLoserAgain
08-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Checking in! I am on plan. Official weigh day tomorrow. PRECAUTION DAY! I am tired/no energy/down day. I need to get busy doing something.

berryblondeboys
08-21-2011, 11:57 AM
mamakat So, is her bed in the living room? That would be awkward for everyone.

And is that an ikea king sized round bed? I seriously thought of getting one of those for our craft room. Thought it might be fun for guests too. But, man, they don't look huge in the store (they are no longer sold, but I remember), but when I did the measurements for the room, it would take up most of the room!