Old 08-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/191/150

Height: 5'5"

Default What should I do?

I am getting ready to start WW and I'm looking at the kits on Ebay. Are the kits (the blue binder and starter books and calculator) cheaper on ebay or do i get them at the class.. or do I order off the WW website.

I don't know where to begin.

Or, Is WW at home the best?

Thanks for your help
kokonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

My cousin's having a lot of success with WW online. She's paying $17.99 a month and all the resources, tools, trackers, etc are kept on their web site. You don't have any meeting commitments to go to either but they do have a forum (just like 3FC ). It's a matter of preference but if you prefer not to go to meetings then the online version might be a good alternative.
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/tracker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I am lucky to have the option of meetings at work. Leaders can vary, but I find I get a lot of inspiration from mine. And, like my leader says, the days I do not feel like going to a meeting are the very days I should go to a meeting.
FlygURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

When i started weight watchers they gave me all the materials i needed to succeed. The blue book and the getting started stuff... all was given at the first meeting. Dont hesitate! go and get started, its a wonderful program and you will get the hang of it easily. They did a little meeting at the end of the regular meeting for all the new people to sit and talk with a leader about general overviews of the program. There will probably be new people just like yourself. You will love it though. SOOOO many people have had success with WW. I did not do the online stuff so i cant compare, but i like the accountability and social aspect of going to the WI's every month. Keeps me accountable for sure.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

If you are just starting, I highly recommend you go to a WW center, sit in on the whole meeting and stay afterwards so that the leader can fully explain the plan and the materials you'll get.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #6  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

If it is convenient to join and go to meetings, I think that is where you will get the best support. I joined the at work program, prepaid. I can go to any other meeting at any other location, as many as I feel I need to. This past week, I went to 2 other meetings. On Thursday, I really needed to get there and I'm so glad I did. Had I gotten up early enough today, I would have gone today. Maybe I'm lucky to have convenient locations available to me? The online tools came with my pre-paid program. Anyhow, if you choose to go and check it out before you join (I do believe they let you do that), you can sum up the prices of everything and see if you can find them cheaper elsewhere and if you want to sign up for meetings or not.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Definately go to a meeting! I believe the first meeting is still free and you'll receive all the program materials and really learn how to follow the plan. Be careful with E-Bay, the reason I say that is because when the kits were on sale for $20 at my center, they were selling for $50 and $60 on E-Bay.

If you don't feel like attending meetings, you can always join online and use E-Tools! I do both because the weekly meeting keeps me on track mentally and E-Tools helps me track a whole lot better than any other way I've tried.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/191/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you everyone, for your comments. I think I'm going to go to a meeting this week. It's Thursday at 6:00pm.. Which is great, I get off at 5:30 and it's right down the road.

I will wait on getting stuff on ebay, if the books are so much cheaper at the meetings.

I've lost 18 lbs this year by myself, but I'm stuck and don't seem to be going down anymore. It's not by eating healthy, it's mainly by not eating. My husband has been working out of town for a year and I haven't been cooking. When he comes home, I'm sure the lbs are going to come back on. I weigh 185 right now and would like to get to 150. My highest weight was 203.

I would also like to be in better shape by December, my daughter and I are going to Disney World and I want to be able to walk nonstop all day, for 5 days. I sit at a desk all day and never excercise. I have joined a gym, now just have to get motivated and start making myself go.

Thanks again!! I'm sure I'm going to have a lot more questions and be begging for motivation soon. I've been reading over this site a lot and really look forward to calling it home
Lynn

Last edited by kokonut; 08-15-2011 at 07:11 AM.
kokonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

I think the best value is the monthly pass. In fact, I know it is. I did a lot of research before deciding what plan to go with. I do monthly pass, it's charged to my account every month. I get eTools, unlimited meetings and 1 WI a week, all for under $50 (prices vary depending on location).
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi702 View Post
My cousin's having a lot of success with WW online. She's paying $17.99 a month and all the resources, tools, trackers, etc are kept on their web site. You don't have any meeting commitments to go to either but they do have a forum (just like 3FC ). It's a matter of preference but if you prefer not to go to meetings then the online version might be a good alternative.
I'm doing the same thing as your cousin. I honestly don't have time to squeeze a meeting into my schedule, so I love the online tools.
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote