Old 08-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Default 3FC community - I need some encouragement!

Hi all - I'm a longtime member and though I do not post often, I do lurk quite a bit and I've always felt the support when people need it.

Now, I need it - and I was hoping for some words of encouragement.

I started doing Zumba (DVD) in January and about a month later joined WW online, and a week later I joined the YMCA. I turned 40 in April, which has been pretty hard for me, for lots of reasons. I've had some ups and downs - my weight loss has stalled a few times due to some major vacations (which I am totally okay with!!!) and business trips.

A couple weeks ago things calmed down and I started the downward trend again. I was stuck in the 180s for 3 months due to gaining weight on vacations, losing, going on a business trip and gaining, losing that, then going on vacation, gaining...etc., etc. Two weeks ago I hit 178 and last weekend it was 176. Yay!

So why, why why why have I been self-destructing this week? So very much binging (I'm a binge eater) -- I've tried to pick myself up and start over but then I hurt my knee on Wednesday in Zumba class and I haven't been able to work out since. My reaction has been to eat my face off! Last night I made a huge batch of salty popcorn and my scale this morning said I'd gained 5 lbs! I think it's probably more like 3 -as I know what salty foods do to me. No matter how much it is, I know I have gained this week, and I am frustrated.

I won't go back to my old ways, but I'm feeling deflated, frustrated, angry and scared. A huge reason I began this weight loss was because my surgeon wanted to schedule me for double knee replacement - so hurting my knee this week really scared me - I started imagining surgery and I've been freaking out. I know that if I can't work out, I have to watch what I eat twice as much, but my reaction has been the opposite.

Any encouragement would mean the world to me right now.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

You can do this. You are stronger than any obstacle.

Sit back for a moment and imagine your number one reason for losing weight. Imagine what it will feel like to reach that goal.

You will achieve it, if only you take this very moment right NOW and choose better for yourself.

You. Can. Do. This.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, lunula. I have a metal plate from my knee to my ankle on my left leg and my right knee has been swollen and cracking all the time since earlier this year. I understand how you feel. It’s like although we know that losing the weight would alleviate the pain and discomfort (maybe even take it away all together) we still feel completely out of control… I don’t have any tips or anything, but that’s why I’m on 3fatchicks everyday looking for encouragements and inspiration.
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote