Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #1  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Angry Huge, Greasy, CHINESE Binge!!

Last night, I went to a Chinese Buffet with my boyfriend and his best friend. I told myself, "It's okay to have a small plate, just to curb my cravings."
Instead, I went out of control and had 2 full plates, plus a bowl of ice cream.
This morning, I got up and did Turbo Jam for 45 minutes... but I still feel disgusting, and so angry at myself.
Also, its almost my time of the month. How much weight do you gain right before? My 20 year old sister (I'm 16) told me it's 5 to 10 pounds. Is this true?
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

First, don't beat youself up about last night. Just get back on the horse and back on track. One meal is not going to ruin everything.

and TOM....couple pounds usually is what most women see.

Keep plugging away, you can do this. I wish I would have done it when I was your age, I feel like I wasted 1/2 my life.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

If you gain 5-10lbs during TOM, there's something wrong with you! It's water weight, so it shouldn't stay with you anyway. You're fine, girl! We all have little setbacks, just keep plugging away! Besides, that ice cream at those chinese buffets is usually pretty low-cal/fat free b/c it's the cheapo stuff. It probably wasn't as bad as you thought.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.4/247.4/140

Height: 5'6"

The best thing you did was get up this morning and get back on track! You're probably feeling icky from just eating too much, the extra carbs, and the sodium... flush yourself out by drinking lots of water and really watching the sodium intake for the next few days. Eat some veggies. You could take an extra walk at the end of the day.

Just remember, you didn't gain all the weight by eating one meal. One meal won't make you gain back everything you've lost. It takes an extra 3,500 calories to gain a pound.

And yup, TOM is different for everyone, but most people gain a few pounds at least just in water weight. Don't worry though, keep eating healthy and exercising through the whole week (and exercising DOES help the cramps and make you feel generally better through the week too). The scale may have a higher number, but for most people, if you've kept on plan, all the weight plus some will drop off next week. If you're just starting your weight loss program, you'll notice over the next few months that you'll probably have the same general pattern. Nothing to worry about. Just something that happens to every woman whether they are overweight or not!
Mama Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #5  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Right. Thank you so much guys (:
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #6  

Hi Emily - something to try is to completely feel the disgust and how you were physically uncomfortable. Keep a very clear picture of that in your mind and use it when again confronted with such an overeating situation. Sort of like "when I do this, something horrid happens". BTW, just the smell of the take out Chinese place sets off my cravings. Some places are such a trigger that you just have to cross them off your list. For me, having a "reasonable" or small portion at such a place leads me to fantasize about going again and eating all that I want - sounds weird, but it is true for me. You are young - mistakes will be made, but if you can avoid the path of yo-yo dieting your mind and body will be vastly healthier. Good luck.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote