Weight Loss Support - Goal weight?

View Full Version : Goal weight?

xKirstenM
08-11-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm currently 131 pounds now. :D All in all I have lost around fifty pounds all together. What I was wondering is my goal of 125 pounds is good or not. I mean, is the weight I am at right now good? Or should I keep goiing? :) I don't think i'm as "fat" anymore. But I would like some opinions, thanks! :D PS: I'm a small/medium in shirts, and a size 8 in pants if that helps. Thanks! <3

RJ 1980
08-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Only you can know what weight you look and FEEL good being. :) You're not overweight anymore, your weight is in the healthy range, so if you're happy with your weight than great! But if you would feel more comfortable losing a few more, go for it!

Congrats on the 50 pounds lost! :carrot:

Tanna Banana
08-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I agree with RJ. Go with what makes you comfortable. I'd say if you're a slave to maintaining your goal weight, then it may be too low (ie. you can't have ANY treats or have to exercise hours and hours a day). :)

Not to totally derail, but...We have similar stats! We're the same height. My goal weight for post pregnancy is 130ish pounds. I'll probably have around 25-30 pounds to lose once everything is said and done post-baby. It's nice to read your post, because it gives me hope that I can do it too! Congrats on your weight loss!

KatieC87
08-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Size 8 sounds great to me! It's my goal size. :) I can button them now, but I can't sit down comfortably if you know what I mean.

You're in the healthy weight range for your height. If you feel comfortable with your bod as is, you should try to maintain.

I wonder about this exact question with my own journey. I'll probably be comfortably in a size 8 in another 8 pounds or so. But I won't be at my goal weight. So, would I keep going at that point to reach my goal weight or just be happy where I am? I think I'm finally at the point mentally that I realize the number doesn't matter as much as how I look and feel when I see my reflection. Exercise has helped me tone, so I'm feeling great about my body now. Then again... I wonder what it would be like to wear a size 6 again... (Haven't worn a 6 since I was 14! lol)