Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178.4/150.7/125

Height: 5'

Default Goal setting?

This may sound like a silly question but how do you guys set up a monthly goal of how much weight you want to lose. I stay OP and I feel like I don't have much control of how much weight I lose from week to week. Do you guys stick to certain foods? I would really like to lose 6lbs before September...any suggestions? Should I add exercise?
Thanks a bunch
megabismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #2  
Incredible Shrinking Wife

S/C/G: 172.8/142/130

Height: 5'4"

Believe it or not, I don't set a goal. I actually chatted with my coach on this because I'm a very goal-oriented, black & white kind of person. But he said that everyone reacts to this diet differently, so it can be setting yourself up for failure if you don't reach a random number you decided. I figured I'd try it his way for a bit and it's working so far... That said, I do have better losses when I keep away from the restricted packets on a daily basis - I usually have one every other day or so. I also try to exercise (which I was doing until I broke my toe recently) but I haven't honestly noticed that much difference in the weeks that I do or don't exercise. So, I don't think I've helped you at all!
MrsD75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #3  

I just set the main goal and then I set little ones in my mind. Like I wanted to lose 15 the first month and I did and now each month after I'll be happy if I can drop 10. There is nothing you can do really. I eat OP every day and have for 7 weeks. (Except one low fat string cheese a few weeks back which in my mind wasn't a major fail but won't happen again.) I drop what I drop and some weeks I'm super frustrated because I was wonderful and I barely lose. It is what it is. I just feel 10 a month is pretty realistic and if I go over that I will be excited. Oh, and I wanted to be half way by my anniversary but it looks like I will be just shy of that but I won't stop everything and go back to eating because of that.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I had the same goal as It'sAboutTime, but I did not lose 15lbs the first month, only 11 lbs. Aug 1st, started my second month and I have only lost 2.2 lbs, so I will be lucky to hit 10 lbs for August and I have not cheated once and have quite a bit to lose. So, I guess I won't be setting any other goals, other than staying OP.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I had the same goal as It'sAboutTime, but I did not lose 15lbs the first month, only 11 lbs. Aug 1st, started my second month and I have only lost 2.2 lbs, so I will be lucky to hit 10 lbs for August and I have not cheated once and have quite a bit to lose. So, I guess I won't be setting any other goals, other than staying OP.
I think non-weight goals are great! Rewarding ourselves for maintaining the lifestyle is just as important (if not more) as rewards for scale related success!

I like to say that my goal is 10 lbs per month. I think that 2.5 lbs per week, while ambitious (for me) is possible. I haven't been hitting 10 per month since getting under 200 lbs and it's not a set in stone goal, so I don't feel bad if I don't make it. I still celebrate the success I have. Right now I just want to get out of the 190s! Maybe next week...
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I think non-weight goals are great! Rewarding ourselves for maintaining the lifestyle is just as important (if not more) as rewards for scale related success!

I like to say that my goal is 10 lbs per month. I think that 2.5 lbs per week, while ambitious (for me) is possible. I haven't been hitting 10 per month since getting under 200 lbs and it's not a set in stone goal, so I don't feel bad if I don't make it. I still celebrate the success I have. Right now I just want to get out of the 190s! Maybe next week...
I always have some sort of goal in my mind kinda to keep me trucking along. I hit one decade and want the next. I couldn't wait to get to 180 when I was at my highest and now I can't wait to hit the 160s. Eye on the prize!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

Height: 5'5

You know what i did?
I made 3 calenders and marked what i would weigh each week if i lost 2 pounds, 1 pound or 1.5 pounds. I am a slow loser. (only on my 3rd week but i have done this diet before...) I figured that at worst, I would average one pound a week (and hopefully I will average more a week!) this way, I know the longest it will take to me to reach my goal and the shortest --- and most likely it will be somewhere in between!
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote