Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/271/180

Height: 55

Default Hopefully this is the last time I have to do this

Hi my name is Kelly and i have been pratically overweight my whole life. Ever since i can remember i have been called fat. I have tried all types of diets some work and some don't. I even considered weight loss surgery but I thought to myself i have no health problems (thank god) that i decided to do it on my own. This is my 4th time this year getting on a diet and i hope it will be last. i have reached my highest @271lbs as of yesterday and it was a very big eye opner for me. I really dont want to lose focus and really want to reach my goal and to maintain that motivation. I hope this blog family will help me maintain that motivation and be one of those successful success stories.
kperez0581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/145/140

Height: 5'3

Hey there. I started at 260 so I remember that overwhelming feeling. My only advice is to take it day by day, don't diet, eat right, exercise. Reward yourself in new ways that don't involve food. And tell yourself every day that you CAN do it.
Mork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

First, Ditch the D word! You are not on a diet. You are simply making better choices and moving more. You have to make this a way of life, that you can sustain FOREVER..or it will never work.

Good luck!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #4  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome, Kelly! I grew up overweight too, so I know the feeling of being on and off all types of "diets". Those failures really started to add up. Something finally clicked when I realized that I didn't have to be fat forever! I felt so free when I started to see it becoming a reality.

As others have mentioned, ditch the "diet" mentality, because those are temporary- this new lifestyle isn't! You'll be one of those success stories in your own time.

This is a wonderful, supportive community- a great place to come for motivation, practical advice, and support. Always great to have another voice !
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #5  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Hey there. I started at 260 so I remember that overwhelming feeling. My only advice is to take it day by day, don't diet, eat right, exercise. Reward yourself in new ways that don't involve food. And tell yourself every day that you CAN do it.
Excellent advice.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:22 PM   #6  

Diets are bad, figure out what foods you like, work around your life and that you enjoy.

Find some form of exercise that fits into your life, when starting an exercise regime go very slowly, remeber, slow and steady wins the race.

Finally no matter what, DONT GIVE UP. If you have a bad day, think about WHY it was a bad day, what you can learn not to do next time and move on.

I wish you the best of luck kid, you can do it .
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote