South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #1  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default NSV - Week of August 8-15

Since I had one I wanted to share, and always enjoy hearing from my fellow chickies, I thought I'd start a thread for the week.

We've got a lot of newbies on the beach () so a NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. Did your coworker compliment you? Feel like you have more pep in your step? Get on a treadmill for the first time and not die?? This is a place for us to share the non-scale victories that come along with a healthy lifestyle.

For me, I have two: Today is the first day in over a month where I can actually FEEL a difference in my clothing. Everything is a lot looser! I put on a shirt I haven't worn to work in a while that used to be a tight fitting one around the waist and it's loose! As are my pants a bit.

The second solidified the first: I walked into work and two of my colleagues stopped me and asked why I was wearing my mom's clothing (like a kid playing dress up) and told me to treat myself to a few new pieces that actually fit

Now let me hear yours!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Awesome, Jenn - we all need this!

I have been very mindful of these NSV's recently, as I am eating my way through August . . . BUT also am in training for my first half marathon. I actually jogged 9 miles Friday - and felt good!!

Be well -
Old 08-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

I wore a pair of pants to work yesterday that I haven't worn in a while and I had to keep pulling them up because they were too big! Yay!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

First of all....I LOVE this thread topic...I hope we can keep one around each week It really helps to share victories and be motivated by other's victories...great idea Jenne!!

My victory for the week - jogged for a mile without stopping!! This is huge because I've never in my entire life ran/jogged that far. It took forever!! 15 minutes! I probably could have walked faster But I don't care...I was so stinking proud of myself for not quitting, no matter how much I wanted to. I'm hoping to get my time down to about 12 or 13 minues, then add on another half mile. Woot woot!!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

As a new school year aproaches, I had to try on a lot of my work clothes again. A bunch of pants from the "too small" pile moved to the "regular rotation" pile, and almost all of my regulars from last year moved to the "too big, maybe-if-I-have-another-baby" pile.

Also, when I went shopping, it felt great to grab size 8s and just have them fit. No sucking it in or saying "maybe next year."

And two different people asked me if I lost more weight even though the scale has been stuck for awhile now. But I did change my workout a bit, so maybe the muscle has replaced some fat.

I still have 10 pounds to go, but for a change I am starting the year lighter than I was the previous year!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post
My victory for the week - jogged for a mile without stopping!! This is huge because I've never in my entire life ran/jogged that far. It took forever!! 15 minutes! I probably could have walked faster But I don't care...I was so stinking proud of myself for not quitting, no matter how much I wanted to. I'm hoping to get my time down to about 12 or 13 minues, then add on another half mile. Woot woot!!
I can't run for a mile!!!! This is huge!!!! Congrats!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #7  

Holy Shizzle....ran for a mile again today....shaved off a full minute!! What the???? Ran the mile in 14 minutes...eek. How exciting!

PS....thanks Jenn!! It felt SO good to actually do it! I never thought I would be able to. This is seriously a HUGE accomplishment for me...he he Maybe one day I'll be one of the people who goes out for a 6 mile jaunt!! lol
Old 08-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #8  

Bea, Katie and Nicole - awesome job as well!!! Keep 'em coming!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #9  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

I love this thread, thanks for starting it.
Running - I am not cut out for running, but I relate to your feelings when you accomplish that first mile! I had started running a few years back and I remember that feeling! Keep it up!!

For me, I feel better overall. My pants just seem to fit a bit better, I feel a little more comfortable in my own skin. I am proud of myself and walk with my head a little higher.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #10  

I love being able to fit into my pants with out sucking in to button them. The pair I'm wearing today...well...let's just say I should have worn a belt...ugh. Gotta say though, I'll be excited when the top of my pants don't roll down under my belly...ugh...so frustrating

I'm not sure if I'm cut out for running either, but I figure the only way to know is to see if it gets easier or more enjoyable over time. So, that's what I'm gonna do.

PS...Jenski...I love how you say you're not cut out for running, but your ticker is a runner...ha ha

Last edited by jyoyo78; 08-10-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #11  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

HA! That is funny! I am not a natural born runner, and I don't enjoy it, at all. But I love a challenge and running is a challenge for me. And I celebrate the little milestones - being able to run today for 5 minutes without stopping and next week being able to run for 10 minutes, etc.
I give myself these little crazy goals and before long, I accomplish a mile. I worked myself up to 5 miles - 3X a week a few years back (trying to get back to that now). I HATED EVERY SECOND OF IT! What I did like - how I felt afterwards... and how my thighs got trimmer, and all the inches I lost! So.... we keep moving, right??
Even though I run slow - I was running!! In HS, I used to WALK the mile test in gym class!
Old 08-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #12  

I will tell you - my interest in running is driven by two things:

1) The occasional order of french fries and
2) Harry Potter (and the like) on audio.

Just sayin'.
Be well -
Old 08-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #13  

@ultimatebea - when you say Harry Potter on audio....does that mean you listen to audio books while you run? I love it!! I "check out" audio books from my library and listen to them at work....I'll have to start "reading" while I run now ;o) he he
Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #14  

Yep - if I run for speed, I listen to Aerosmith and other such pounding beats - but for runs where I am going for distance over speed, then I go for audio books. I can run for a LONGGGGGG time with a good audio book! I strongly recommend it.

Be well -
Old 08-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

1. I had to get rid of yet another pair of pants this week because they look ridiculous on me, sagging at the butt.
2. I hit a BMI that is no longer obese! (Ok, I guess this is technically a scale victory....)
3. I ran my furthest distance ever! 7.51 kms!
4. I ran a personal best 5k time! 34 minutes.

It's been a great week!
Closed Thread