Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 8/9

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat - Tuesday, 8/9

Pxlkitty4
08-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl",
type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Pxlkitty4
08-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Good morning everyone. Weight is still holding steady at 151.5... I need a whoosh day.

I updated the daily chat starter code with the entire double search tip. Enjoy! I have to scoot... off to work!

cadenlevi
08-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks Pxl for updating the thread! That's a fantastic tip!!

Good morning fellow IPers. Second day on Week 6 and things are going well. All cravings for naughty foods are gone which makes it much easier to continue on with this diet. I am about 15 pounds away from goal so I suspect my losses are going to slow. I joined the YMCA yesterday and go today to fill out their paperwork. I'm excited to start exercising again. I need to start toning and refining now that 90% of my weight is gone. I'm really excited. I'm going to talk to my doctor about starting phase 2 since I'm so close and starting to work out. The light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter and brighter every day!! I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!!

JoLoMN
08-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Congratulations Cadenlevi!!!! Your success is very inspirational. :-)

Have a great OP day everyone! Off to work.

cadenlevi
08-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Congratulations Cadenlevi!!!! Your success is very inspirational. :-)

Have a great OP day everyone! Off to work.

I can tell you that this board has been the secret to my success :D. There are too many people to mention, but the wealth of knowledge and support on this board is awesome! I used to go to WW weigh ins just to keep myself accountable for what I was eating, but now I can come to this site and it actually keeps me more accountable. I see that those that are OP are losing consistently makes me want that same success. I have only been on IP for 6 weeks and wish I would have started this 6 months ago, but am very thankful for my losses and those on this board for their wisdom because without it, I would not have been as successful! So a big :hug: to all my fellow IPers!! We can and will do this :carrot:

rachelearth
08-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone.

Tomorrow is my second weigh in and I am excited. I am also going to tell my coach that I want to start exercising. My energy level is pretty good. I have been sleeping well. So I think exercising would be good for me. Plus the past two weekends I went biking with my husband on both days and my energy level was just like before starting IP. I like to get back to my routine of yoga and walking at least 3 miles a day.

I have also been thinking about this blouse I got a few months ago, online, on sale. When it got here to my surprise it was small and when I tried to put it on I was about to rip the sleeves out, lol. I was surprised since it was from the same brand that I already have two other blouses and all are in size L. What I didn't realize when I ordered it was that when I got the older blouses I was somewhere between high 140s and low 150s, so of course my older blouses were not fitting me either now! But I liked my new blouse and I had gotten so cheap that I decided to hold on to it and hoped that I would lose weight. I am so glad I didn't return it.

So yes, I have been checking my closet and getting excited. I have been daydreaming when can I wear this or that, lol. I thinking probably I would be able to wear my new blouse by the end of the month, hopefully. I thought I am going to try it on after my next weigh in, on the 17th, and see how much more I have to lose to be able to wear it comfortably. I also have two other blouses that I really like and both are size 12s (the brand runs small) and I am hoping to be able to wear them in mid September.

Have a great day everyone.

Pauley
08-09-2011, 09:09 AM
I did a bad thing last night. I stopped at the Rack on my way home from work and bought new clothes off the clearance rack. I still have 30 lbs to lose, so I had no business buying new clothes! I couldn't resist a new suit in a size 12 which is a size I haven't worn since I got pregnant 4 years ago. I better get a lot of wear out of it in the next few months. At my goal weight, a 12 will be too big.

JoAnne9597
08-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Good morning everybody! I haven't been here in a while, seems like ever since I've returned to work since having the baby my life has been so hectic. But I am still OP 100%. After 3.5 months still not a cheat and happy to report as of today's WI #15 I've lost a total of 50 lbs. I'm 2 lbs away from being halfway. But I might change my goal once I get closer to my goal.

Hopefully I can catch up on all the posts I've been missing. Hope everybody is doing well and congrats to all who have been losing and to all the NSV's and SV's.

redhead14
08-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Big congrats to all the great WI's!!!

Question for those doing pilates, do you eat your extra pack before or after?

jennydoodle
08-09-2011, 09:41 AM
WI yesterday, down 1.2. Was hoping to see the 140's, but next week for sure! I usually WI on Wed. but because I have to travel this week, I did it on Mon. instead.

Just wanted to check in, the next couple of days will be hectic and challenging (business travel). I have all my packets packed so I can stay OP.

colley
08-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Good day all!!! Still hanging in the 150's which I absolutely love!!!

calee
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Congratulations to everyone that's 100% OP. I was disappointed my WI #2 when it was less than a pound. I sabotaged myself with dinner that consisted of 94% fat free micro popcorn and an apple. I'm back to square 1 today and will try to participate more so that I can use everyone's victories as inspiration and motivation. Grrrrr, I hate that I did that!

ItsAboutTime
08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Good morning. Back to my job so I'm at my desk again all day. Don't know if all that running will help, hurt, or not affect my loss this week.

I have a question about restricted items. I am using alternative as you probably already know. So, I have a shake in the morning, a shake at noon, and a bar between 8-9pm. Some nights I only eat half a bar because I don't feel I need it all. My question is, should I be having the bar with my 2 cups of veggies at lunch instead? I am more apt to eat the 3rd "packet" if I have the bar at night rather than a shake. And the shake fills me longer than the bar so I'm worried I will be hungrier sooner if I eat the bar at noon. What should I do?

lroderick
08-09-2011, 10:22 AM
So my WI isn't until tom BUT yesterday I had a doctors appointment & I'm down 2 pounds, which puts me in the 150's !!!!! WoooHooo i've been waiting to see that 5 in the middle column LOL ... hard work is paying off & i'm really starting to see a difference in my face & arms :):)

ItsAboutTime
08-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Way to go to those with weigh ins already. I can't wait to hit th 150s or 140s. Good for you ladies!

leganegan
08-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Good morning. Back to my job so I'm at my desk again all day. Don't know if all that running will help, hurt, or not affect my loss this week.

I have a question about restricted items. I am using alternative as you probably already know. So, I have a shake in the morning, a shake at noon, and a bar between 8-9pm. Some nights I only eat half a bar because I don't feel I need it all. My question is, should I be having the bar with my 2 cups of veggies at lunch instead? I am more apt to eat the 3rd "packet" if I have the bar at night rather than a shake. And the shake fills me longer than the bar so I'm worried I will be hungrier sooner if I eat the bar at noon. What should I do?

I know everyone is told different things. But I was told to only have restricted items at breakfast or lunch. My coach said even if some days I don't eat the restricted till 3 because I am not hungry or busy that's okay, we still have hours before bed to burn it off. (Personally, I try not to have a bar more than once or twice a week.) Maybe eat your veggies, add lettuce and cucumbers to your lunch and then an hour later have a bar. Have some tea between lunch and dinner and extra water if you get hungry. trident sugarfree gum helps me now and then too.

kelly1962
08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Did anyone notice a bigger difference in losing inches and weight loss if or when they started exercising on IP. I am losing an average of 3 pounds per week, so i am wondering if i started exercising if i would average more.

rainbowmom
08-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Good morning. I have my first weigh in this afternoon. This board has been so helpful for me to stay on program and motivated. Everyone's stories are so inspirational.

Tomorrow is my big challenge -- a lunch meeting. I've looked at the menu online and there's a big salad I can get. Instead of dressing I'll get lemon wedges and salt.

I don't like having to weigh in in the afternoon, because I don't feel like it reflects my true weight loss, but that was the only time available.

Wish me luck!

Maile
08-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Did anyone notice a bigger difference in losing inches and weight loss if or when they started exercising on IP. I am losing an average of 3 pounds per week, so i am wondering if i started exercising if i would average more.
I have been exercising the whole time and averaging a 3 pound loss per week. You might try exercising as you feel a lot more energetic..if your coach allows it.

Monday WI down 3 pounds.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Good morning everybody! I haven't been here in a while, seems like ever since I've returned to work since having the baby my life has been so hectic. But I am still OP 100%. After 3.5 months still not a cheat and happy to report as of today's WI #15 I've lost a total of 50 lbs. I'm 2 lbs away from being halfway. But I might change my goal once I get closer to my goal.

Hopefully I can catch up on all the posts I've been missing. Hope everybody is doing well and congrats to all who have been losing and to all the NSV's and SV's.BIG :congrat::congrat: Welcome back Jo... great job you are doing keep it up.

Good morning all! Today is another day, and I am OP for sure until I am at my goal. Last night was WI 24 & 25 2lbs lost which is great. Not really want I wanted but it is a good loss so I am taking it.
My new coach and I decided I would be bootcamping this week, with the added removal of cauliflower, broccoli and peppers... so a week without cauliflower won't kill me but it makes my supper choices a little harder, will have to work on them... Luckily I have my zucchini and broccoli cheese soup to use this week...

Hope everyone has a great day..:carrot:

oh and an NSV - I guess I am getting use to my new weight as... At where I work a guy I deal with not very often but stop and say hi in the hall once and a while, stopped me and said hey things look different... I went oh yeah I cut my hair and colored it... (I am sure he thought I am not too smart) he goes no Have you been exercising? I go ohhh that yeah thank you. He then asked what made me do it? I just said I was getting too big and had to do something. He said keep it up... very nice. good way to start a bootcamp week, makes you remember again why you are doing this. :D

lboogs311
08-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Yeah, everyone is told different, but I have always had a shake in the morning, lunch and then my bar at 2-3pm to keep my metabolism going and then dinner and around 9pm my last shake. I think my coach said it may be too much to have before bed.

ItsAboutTime
BIG :congrat::congrat: Welcome back Jo... great job you are doing keep it up.

Good morning all! Today is another day, and I am OP for sure until I am at my goal. Last night was WI 24 & 25 2lbs lost which is great. Not really want I wanted but it is a good loss so I am taking it.
My new coach and I decided I would be bootcamping this week, with the added removal of cauliflower, broccoli and peppers... so a week without cauliflower won't kill me but it makes my supper choices a little harder, will have to work on them... Luckily I have my zucchini and broccoli cheese soup to use this week...

oh and an NSV - I guess I am getting use to my new weight as... At where I work a guy I deal with not very often but stop and say hi in the hall once and a while, stopped me and said hey things look different... I went oh yeah I cut my hair and colored it... (I am sure he thought I am not too smart) he goes no Have you been exercising? I go ohhh that yeah thank you. He then asked what made me do it? I just said I was getting too big and had to do something. He said keep it up... very nice. good way to start a bootcamp week, makes you remember again why you are doing this. :D

Funny about the coworker. It's good that you are getting used to the smaller you.

As for cauliflower, what's the reason? I eat cauliflower and mushrooms pretty much every night. I was adding broccoli also but burnt out on it after week 3 or so. These are the 2 I don't burn out on for some reason. I also eat a cucumber at lunch EVERY DAY. Is that ok?

Busymomx4
BIG :congrat::congrat: Welcome back Jo... great job you are doing keep it up.

Great loss and how fun is it when people notice weight loss enough to say something about it.

Good luck with bootcamp this week.

One question, where does it say which veggies have more carbs? I have brocoli and peppers almost everyday, maybe i should change it up.

ItsAboutTime
08-09-2011, 11:19 AM
I think the veggies and a bar around 2 would be ok. I will try that for a week starting tomorrow. I would today but I'm at work and I have a shake packed for lunch so I will have to continue on as planned. I only ate half a bar last night so I will eat the other half tonight and then do bars earlier and shakes at night. Thanks!

Bellamack
08-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Well, I am back to my, "stay the same weight" for days at a time. I have been adding more fish and even cut out the starchier veggies, been sticking to my zucchini, cukes & peppers. Why is this so much harder for some than others?
Got my Doctor's appt. for sept. 8th to recheck my thyroid, at which time I am going to try to get her let me try Armour instead of the Synthroid I have been on and I swear it makes no difference.
Congrats to all who have NSV & S victories !

colley
08-09-2011, 11:37 AM
I eat my restrictive at night about an hour before bed, and that's either the soy puffs, ridges, curls, bar or oatmeal. I have continued to lose weight throughout the process and I look forward to my bedtime snack haha

sandyh50
08-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Bellamack , you and I are so much alike! I lost last week so I am on my STALL week, not much movement on the scale. I weigh in tomorrow morning so I will let you know the result of my 8 day week. My only hope is that next week will show a loss.

rachelearth
08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
One question, where does it say which veggies have more carbs? I have brocoli and peppers almost everyday, maybe i should change it up.

Someone posted this like a few days ago. It is very helpful. It tells you how much carbs per 100g each veggies have. Here is the link: http://www.lasting-weight-loss.com/low-carb-vegetables.html

Bride2Be310
08-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Good day all!
Congrats on all your losses, big and small!
I've been feeling more energetic and I'm only on Day 3 - doing an hr workout 2 days in a row now and feeling less nervous about getting dizzy and all that.

I'm down below mid 140s now so I'm super happy to see that. I can't wait until I get into the 130s!

rachelearth
08-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Well, I am back to my, "stay the same weight" for days at a time. I have been adding more fish and even cut out the starchier veggies, been sticking to my zucchini, cukes & peppers. Why is this so much harder for some than others?
Got my Doctor's appt. for sept. 8th to recheck my thyroid, at which time I am going to try to get her let me try Armour instead of the Synthroid I have been on and I swear it makes no difference.
Congrats to all who have NSV & S victories !

Bellamack I have been staying away from the scale until my weigh in day. I too lose slowly and so I rather see an accumulation of few ounces a day all at once on my weighing day. Also one thing I keep telling myself. This diet claims that we are losing fat not muscle. Fat is not heavy but takes a big space. So I think it might take a while for us to see a 1 pound fat loss while we might see inches lost a lot faster.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
As for cauliflower, what's the reason? I eat cauliflower and mushrooms pretty much every night. I was adding broccoli also but burnt out on it after week 3 or so. These are the 2 I don't burn out on for some reason. I also eat a cucumber at lunch EVERY DAY. Is that ok?
&

Ladies, if you are losing average I wouldn't change anything up. You have to remember I am in month 7 now and I think mainly my body is just saying enough... to cut out the higher carbs veggies is just something my coach has suggested, she also at one point suggested having my restricted in the morning... which I just cant imagine eating a bar or chips in the mornings (that is the only restricted I have) and I usually only have a restricted every 3 or for days sooo... the bootcamp is basically to get me moving again. I had a rough July where I gained 5 lbs and lost 7 so and then I weighed myself (unofficially last week as I didn't have a wi scheduled) and I was down to 165.. so the moral of my story is I AM NOT WEIGHING MYSELF... it just is too frustrating when I go to a wi 3 days later and am back in the 170s... I just have to relax and I will get there, I think it is because I am this... close to my 3/4 mark I want to be past it... Please don't change anything until you have a serious stall and by that I mean like the month I had... IP works its just my body right now doesn't want it to... Have a great day.

wuv2bloved
08-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone, not too much going on here today in Mississippi. I am excited about my cousin starting tomorrow though. We have his appointment at 8:30am and that is when I weigh in so hopefully it will be a good one! I hope everyone has a 100%OP day :)

Pxlkitty4
08-09-2011, 12:39 PM
&

Ladies, if you are losing average I wouldn't change anything up. You have to remember I am in month 7 now and I think mainly my body is just saying enough... to cut out the higher carbs veggies is just something my coach has suggested, she also at one point suggested having my restricted in the morning... which I just cant imagine eating a bar or chips in the mornings (that is the only restricted I have) and I usually only have a restricted every 3 or for days sooo... the bootcamp is basically to get me moving again. I had a rough July where I gained 5 lbs and lost 7 so and then I weighed myself (unofficially last week as I didn't have a wi scheduled) and I was down to 165.. so the moral of my story is I AM NOT WEIGHING MYSELF... it just is too frustrating when I go to a wi 3 days later and am back in the 170s... I just have to relax and I will get there, I think it is because I am this... close to my 3/4 mark I want to be past it... Please don't change anything until you have a serious stall and by that I mean like the month I had... IP works its just my body right now doesn't want it to... Have a great day.

I had to change things up too a while back. For me, it was having my snack in the afternoon and changing my veggeis. Now i'm into grilled asparagus, mushrooms, peppers, and zucchini. Have given broc and cauli a major break. I still get steamed broc if I'm out, but I've also been eating a lot of asparagus out just because it tends to come with the dishes I order.

2RIDE -- hang in there and your body will start moving again. I think you are in a "healing" phase. I've had two of those. They aren't fun, and I didn't stall out completely (except one week), but the plateaus on this diet are so much shorter than on any other diet.

ItsAboutTime
08-09-2011, 12:43 PM
&

I think I will stick with the veggies I've been eating but just try the bar switch a couple days and see if I'm too hungry. I'd hate to have nothing to try if I stall! ;)

MJKinMN
08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Good afternoon fellow IPers!

WI 4 today... was down another 3.3 and I am out of the 160's!!!!!! I guess having rhubarb and zuccini while DH has ice cream every night is paying off! I dont know which I was happier about, the weight loss or getting to update my signature...lol.

Only major down side to the diet is the constipation and havoc its playing with my TOM...they are killers! Will try to increase my water and veggies this week and walk an hour a day to see if I can atleast get the constipation under control. I am beginning to feel like a 90 year old all focused on my bowels...lol.

Congrats on all the losses so far this week...for those who are struggling hang in there, it works, and I personally have NEVER lost 12 lbs in a month doing anything else!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks Ladies, I know eventually it will move... I gave up broccoli last month when the big issues started. So giving up cauliflower isn't so much of a big deal... my dog likes the peppers so the ones I still have are going to her... I ate a lot of asparagus but found the ones here lately are really big and woody... will look again for asparagus... and try grilling it this week. Just a matter of cooking something other than those 3 things...
I think my other issue is I never ever dieted before so don't really know what a plateau was like so now I know... it did kind of freak me out when my coach said that maybe I didn't have to lose anymore... of course she hasn't seen me naked... clothing hides so many hidden fat modecules
Thanks Dr Pxl... hey hey

lboogs311
08-09-2011, 01:13 PM
I think my other issue is I never ever dieted before so don't really know what a plateau was like so now I know... it did kind of freak me out when my coach said that maybe I didn't have to lose anymore... of course she hasn't seen me naked... clothing hides so many hidden fat modecules
Thanks Dr Pxl... hey hey

You truly are an inspiration 2RIDE!!!! I hope to have the same success as you!!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-09-2011, 01:20 PM
You truly are an inspiration 2RIDE!!!! I hope to have the same success as you!!!

Thank you, you are doing great and you are also an inspiration. Have a great day.:hug:

colley
08-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks Ladies, I know eventually it will move... I gave up broccoli last month when the big issues started. So giving up cauliflower isn't so much of a big deal... my dog likes the peppers so the ones I still have are going to her... I ate a lot of asparagus but found the ones here lately are really big and woody... will look again for asparagus... and try grilling it this week. Just a matter of cooking something other than those 3 things...

I found the asparagus at the South Side Costco really good and very reasonably priced!!!!

jordanna
08-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks Dr Pxl... hey hey

When I stalled out last time round my coach recommended doing bootcamp one week and then have a higher carb week with a restricted everyday and some higher carb veggies and then another bootcamp week just to shake my body up and trick it into looking for fat again. It worked or me...I remember how frustrating it is to put so much effort in and not weenie on the scale... You'll get it figured out :)

murleya1
08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
I had my weigh in yesterday. I was down another 1.6 pounds. Not a great week, but down is down in my book! I am officially down over 30 pounds! I am loving it. And today I had someone ask me if I had been working out. So cool to know that others can see.

At the end of this month I am going to see some friends I have not seen since before the diet. I also have not said anything to them about it. So I am excited to get their praises.

murleya1
08-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I dont know which I was happier about, the weight loss or getting to update my signature...lol.

Updating my signature is one of my favorite times of the week. :carrot:

wuv2bloved
08-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I had my weigh in yesterday. I was down another 1.6 pounds. Not a great week, but down is down in my book! I am officially down over 30 pounds! I am loving it. And today I had someone ask me if I had been working out. So cool to know that others can see.

At the end of this month I am going to see some friends I have not seen since before the diet. I also have not said anything to them about it. So I am excited to get their praises.

You are so right a loss is a loss no matter what the number is. As long as you feel great and loving it that is ALL that matters...Keep up the great work :)

ItsAboutTime
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks Dr Pxl... hey hey

I can't find any good asparagus either! The last batch I bought I barely could eat any of it so I've just passed on it lately.

I can't believe your dog likes peppers! That's hularious.

whirlybird68
08-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Ok, I'm back on track. Had a rtd chocolate for breakfast, bar for snack, salad with olive oil dressing for lunch. Looking forward to a lean hamburger for dinner. I even passed on the donuts brought in the office!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I can't find any good asparagus either! The last batch I bought I barely could eat any of it so I've just passed on it lately.

I can't believe your dog likes peppers! That's hularious.she hears me cutting a pepper up and comes running... she also gets green beans with her supper, she will eat cucumbers, kohlrabi, kale chips, peas, broccoli and cauliflower but not Lettuce... doesn't like it. She also eats pureed pumpkin when she has gained a little too much... she is like me tend to gain weight when we sit through the long winter...
So my quest this week is asparagus
Thanks colley will have to try costco (though I try to avoid it as much as I can)...
Jordanna - thanks for the idea for the stall, I might have to do that as I have tried the bootcamp before and went back to my normal diet eating afterward and was stalled again...
Thanks again everyone for your help and support.

Travel Gal
08-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Hello all,

OOh, so I had my date last night. Let me tell you, it was a great time. I enjoyed his company and was laughing a lot. We are actually meeting up tomorrow night to go to a Twins game...and I have to admit I'm kind of excited to see him again. I'm looking at this as a good opportunity to just go on dates and have fun and not have any pressure. I've discovered that if there's pressure of any kind....I freak. I wore a black dress last night...and discovered I should probably have it taken in!!! It was a little baggy on me so I was experiencing with cinching it in the back..and dang, I looked good (sorry, don't mean to brag). I didn't keep it cinched, but I think that's the first thing I'm going to have altered when I get to my goal weight.

My weigh in is tomorrow, but I feel like this week has been harder for some reason...like I haven't lost much. I don't do weigh ins myself so it might just be my mind playing tricks on me since I don't know my current weight, but it's just one of those feelings, ya know? Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing. I haven't had a restricted item for the last couple days and I'm going to try to not to today and see if that helps. I'm about 4.5 weeks in and this is the first week I've had a restricted item more than once a week....do you think it is because of that?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!!!!!

Travel Gal
08-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Good afternoon fellow IPers!

WI 4 today... was down another 3.3 and I am out of the 160's!!!!!! I guess having rhubarb and zuccini while DH has ice cream every night is paying off! I dont know which I was happier about, the weight loss or getting to update my signature...lol.

Only major down side to the diet is the constipation and havoc its playing with my TOM...they are killers! Will try to increase my water and veggies this week and walk an hour a day to see if I can atleast get the constipation under control. I am beginning to feel like a 90 year old all focused on my bowels...lol.

Congrats on all the losses so far this week...for those who are struggling hang in there, it works, and I personally have NEVER lost 12 lbs in a month doing anything else!

I feel your pain about TOM...i feel like I've had mine since I started! I finally officially asked my coach (I hadn't said anything to her prior) and she reassured me that this happens to a lot of people on IP, as evidence in 3fc as well. At least we're not alone!!!!

redhead14
08-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Hello all,

OOh, so I had my date last night. Let me tell you, it was a great time. I enjoyed his company and was laughing a lot. We are actually meeting up tomorrow night to go to a Twins game...and I have to admit I'm kind of excited to see him again. I'm looking at this as a good opportunity to just go on dates and have fun and not have any pressure. I've discovered that if there's pressure of any kind....I freak. I wore a black dress last night...and discovered I should probably have it taken in!!! It was a little baggy on me so I was experiencing with cinching it in the back..and dang, I looked good (sorry, don't mean to brag). I didn't keep it cinched, but I think that's the first thing I'm going to have altered when I get to my goal weight.

My weigh in is tomorrow, but I feel like this week has been harder for some reason...like I haven't lost much. I don't do weigh ins myself so it might just be my mind playing tricks on me since I don't know my current weight, but it's just one of those feelings, ya know? Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing. I haven't had a restricted item for the last couple days and I'm going to try to not to today and see if that helps. I'm about 4.5 weeks in and this is the first week I've had a restricted item more than once a week....do you think it is because of that?

Have a blast at the Twins game!!! Hope you bring them some positive mojo.......they need it.

nikkib
08-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Sorry for TMI... I am so excited!! My TOM has been totaly abnormal for the last 3 years (PCOS) and this is the first time I have had a normal one in about 2 years!! It came and went in 5 days!! I had problems with it lasting for up to a month straight and then would have to go get something from Dr. to make it stop. I am amazed daily at what this diet does.

I also went through my fall clothes last night and had to get rid of all my jeans. Time to go to the back of the closet and go shopping I guess :)

I ordered a beginner Callanetics DVD from Amazon to start the toning. I just can't find the time to get to the gym with it being 25 miles from home. I think between the treadmill and Callanetics I should be able to ward off some of the loose skin. I am afraid of the loose skin the most I think. I think it would bother me a lot after all the hard work it will take to get all this weight off. I would love to do Pilates at a studio but again everything is 20-25 miles from where I live. Oh well. Such is life I guess.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP day :)

petie
08-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Hello all,

Omg girl, are you serious??? BRAG BABY, I love it. I'm happy for you too. Some weeks when I was afraid to weigh....I'd lost a lot.

pselias
08-09-2011, 04:28 PM
This diet is a lot harder when you have to stay home with your kids for several days alone. lol
my daycare is closed, so I decided to use some vacation time to hang out with them. All I want to do is eat! I know it is merely boredom & stress, but I'm having trouble getting past it today. Yesterday I took the kids to the pool as a distraction. Raining today, so we can't play outside or go to the park. I already ate a restricted for lunch thinking that would help, but it didn't. I'm going to float away from all the water I'm drinking.
I keep reminding myself that tomorrow is WI and don't mess it up! Think pre-TOM is a factor as well, cuz I'm just plain crabby & whiny too!
Pickles - here I come.

Krista7382
08-09-2011, 04:38 PM
GL on your weigh in tomorrow Wuv!

Question: If you have a restricted during the day do you not have your lunch packet or do you add a packet?

Typically I do shake for breakfast, soup for lunch (plus veggies), protein/veggie dinner, and bar at night.

wuv2bloved
08-09-2011, 04:41 PM
GL on your weigh in tomorrow Wuv!

Question: If you have a restricted during the day do you not have your lunch packet or do you add a packet?

Typically I do shake for breakfast, soup for lunch (plus veggies), protein/veggie dinner, and bar at night.

I have oatmeal or a bar for breakfast
pudding or make it into a drink for lunch/veggies
8oz protein for supper /veggies
and a pudding for snack.

I always eat my restricted for breakfast

MJKinMN
08-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Whoever came up with Big Mac in a bowl....THANK YOU so very much!!! :hug:
I will be making this one again soon!

Bellamack
08-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Bellamack , you and I are so much alike! I lost last week so I am on my STALL week, not much movement on the scale. I weigh in tomorrow morning so I will let you know the result of my 8 day week. My only hope is that next week will show a loss.

Sandy,
I am getting frustrated with this, at least when you lose, you lose big! I am going to finish the month of Aug with IP and if it is still slow I am switching to alternatives, because the cost is so high.... and I have alot to lose. The people on here using alternatives seem to have good luck, I just get scared, YIKES. I hope the WI tomorrow tricks you and you have a decent loss. :)

sandyh50
08-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Sandy,
I am getting frustrated with this, at least when you lose, you lose big! I am going to finish the month of Aug with IP and if it is still slow I am switching to alternatives, because the cost is so high.... and I have alot to lose. The people on here using alternatives seem to have good luck, I just get scared, YIKES. I hope the WI tomorrow tricks you and you have a decent loss. :)

Thanks Bellamack! I was so hungry today that I was eating celery this afternoon! I had tipapia and zuchinni and mushrooms slices for supper.
I lucked out and my Biggest Loser money came today so I can afford my IP packs. This is expensive but I worry about using alternatives too. Good luck on your weigh in this week too.

rachelearth
08-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Sandy,

Bellamack there is a theory that we have set points; weights that we stayed at for a while when gaining and thus when we try to lose we stay at those weight for a long time before losing. So in the past few years where you at your current weight for a while?

Bellamack
08-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Bellamack there is a theory that we have set points; weights that we stayed at for a while when gaining and thus when we try to lose we stay at those weight for a long time before losing. So in the past few years where you at your current weight for a while?

No and that is what scares me! lol. I was expecting to sail along until about 167 lbs. the weight I was for several yrs. before the thyroid went crazy and I shot up to the 195+/- in a very short period of time. I was expecting a plateau at 167 & 154, at this point, I feel like I may never see either one of them. lol. My husband thinks it is because it's too few calories and I am really quite muscular. I know at my weight that is hard to believe, but a friend of mine thinks I weigh what she does 150 lbs, so I don't ever fess up to how much I really weigh. Don't rat me out! lol

I roasted aspargus last night and it was very "woody" too. It must be the end of the season, because up until that bunch it had been delish :)

patns
08-09-2011, 08:56 PM
she hears me cutting a pepper up and comes running... she also gets green beans with her supper, she will eat cucumbers, kohlrabi, kale chips, peas, broccoli and cauliflower but not Lettuce... doesn't like it. She also eats pureed pumpkin when she has gained a little too much... she is like me tend to gain weight when we sit through the long winter...
So my quest this week is asparagus
Thanks colley will have to try costco (though I try to avoid it as much as I can)...
Jordanna - thanks for the idea for the stall, I might have to do that as I have tried the bootcamp before and went back to my normal diet eating afterward and was stalled again...
Thanks again everyone for your help and support.

A vegetarian dog!!! That's funny, what breed is she? Your post reminded me that we used to give our old cat pureed pumpkin when she was a kitten but I can't remember why.

I'm a little curious about broccoli. You said you dropped that from your plan earlier, I thought it was one of the lower carb veggies???

rachelearth
08-09-2011, 09:00 PM
No and that is what scares me! lol. I was expecting to sail along until about 167 lbs. the weight I was for several yrs. before the thyroid went crazy and I shot up to the 195+/- in a very short period of time. I was expecting a plateau at 167 & 154, at this point, I feel like I may never see either one of them. lol. My husband thinks it is because it's too few calories and I am really quite muscular. I know at my weight that is hard to believe, but a friend of mine thinks I weigh what she does 150 lbs, so I don't ever fess up to how much I really weigh. Don't rat me out! lol

I roasted aspargus last night and it was very "woody" too. It must be the end of the season, because up until that bunch it had been delish :)

Your husband might be very much correct. I thought that you decided to up your protein or use an extra IP packet? Would you consider counting your calorie intake for a day or two to see how much you are eating? Then if you are very low you can discuss it with your coach and see if you should up your protein.

Oh, by the way, you are a true inspiration. I truly admire your dedication. I am sure I am going to have weeks when I would not lose and I ready to remind myself of your dedication and like you stay true to the protocol.

Bellamack
08-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Your husband might be very much correct. I thought that you decided to up your protein or use an extra IP packet? Would you consider counting your calorie intake for a day or two to see how much you are eating? Then if you are very low you can discuss it with your coach and see if you should up your protein.

Oh, by the way, you are a true inspiration. I truly admire your dedication. I am sure I am going to have weeks when I would not lose and I ready to remind myself of your dedication and like you stay true to the protocol.

You are so sweet, I don't know about an inspiration, but I know I am determined. When I had an accident years ago and broke my neck and back, I told the doctors that I would walk out of that hospital. and I did 28 days later!

I did up my protein to the high end of the plan. We will see friday at WI, I am staying off the scales until then. I snuck a peek today and I shouldn't of.

Take care and have a great evening.

wuv2bloved
08-09-2011, 09:29 PM
You are so sweet, I don't know about an inspiration, but I know I am determined. When I had an accident years ago and broke my neck and back, I told the doctors that I would walk out of that hospital. and I did 28 days later!

I did up my protein to the high end of the plan. We will see friday at WI, I am staying off the scales until then. I snuck a peek today and I shouldn't of.

Take care and have a great evening.

TSK TSK TSK BELLA!!!.....you made a promise!!!...NOOOOOO peeking missy!

ItsAboutTime
08-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Just got home after a long day and was too lazy (tired) to thaw anything at this point so it's scrambled eggs with onion and green pepper for me! Sometimes that's a nice change though.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday! Looks like those with 1st weigh ins scored high. Good for you. Nothing like a big loss to keep you on the program.

Bellamack
08-09-2011, 09:58 PM
TSK TSK TSK BELLA!!!.....you made a promise!!!...NOOOOOO peeking missy!

Caught me. tee hee. Have a great night Wuv2b

wuv2bloved
08-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Caught me. tee hee. Have a great night Wuv2b

YUP...busted in black and white....lol....you have a great night too :p:p

Sherwood
08-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I did a bad thing last night. I stopped at the Rack on my way home from work and bought new clothes off the clearance rack. I still have 30 lbs to lose, so I had no business buying new clothes! I couldn't resist a new suit in a size 12 which is a size I haven't worn since I got pregnant 4 years ago. I better get a lot of wear out of it in the next few months. At my goal weight, a 12 will be too big.

Enjoy the heck out of the new suit - and when it's too baggy, donate it to someone/place that can use it - a win/win!

chellebee72
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I did it again! I fell off program!!! tomorrow I will start again! I think I need to do the boot camp deal....I saw it awhile back! I will have a gain tomorrow but I'm taking responsibility for my actions. I don't want to WI tomorrow but I have to face the scale and move on! I know it's the end of the day and everybody is in slumberland but needed to say it.

wuv2bloved
08-09-2011, 11:40 PM
I did it again! I fell off program!!! tomorrow I will start again! I think I need to do the boot camp deal....I saw it awhile back! I will have a gain tomorrow but I'm taking responsibility for my actions. I don't want to WI tomorrow but I have to face the scale and move on! I know it's the end of the day and everybody is in slumberland but needed to say it.

not all of us are in slumberland so get up and dust yourself and start over tomorrow. Its a brand new day for a new beginning:)

Porthardygurl
08-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Well im frustrated..im sick and i hate it..and i wasnt expecting it to de-rail me off plan..but not being able to choke down the pudding..ugh.. i wish i had ready to go drinks..it would have been easier..rawr...im going to go order some to go drinks..cause i think i need it..

coliep
08-10-2011, 06:20 AM
Port - add extra water to your puddings and they can be drinks. Nothing is going to taste good so you might as well stay OP!!