LA Weight Loss - LAWL August Chat

View Full Version : LAWL August Chat

Angie
08-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Hey, it's August!! I just posted this on the July thread, but I thought we could use a fresh start to the month...

I took my team out for lunch today and they chose the restaurant...they picked CHINESE BUFFET ahhhhhhh!!!! Here's the good news though -- I did not eat even a single carb, and not one single fried food. I was so good you guys! I've never done that before and I was really really proud of myself. I may have a sodium gain, but it won't be from bad choices, I know I chose the very best options they had (roast beef, chicken, salad, broccoli and melon slices for dessert). Same thing on Sunday, I was shopping with my friend and we at ate the food court -- I picked salad and grilled chicken, yay me! For me this is huge because while I have good intentions often 'in the moment' I'm not able to make the best decision, but now I've done it two days in a row...I'm totally stoked. I have lunch out tomorrow with my boss and I'm not even scared!

tinkerbelll
08-09-2011, 12:10 AM
that is soooo awesome!!! you go girl!! What color plan you on?

A lot of the booklets have a restaurant guide so maybe you can even take that with you for extra assurance!!

Keep going your 68lbloss is amazing!! :hug:

juliemarie
08-09-2011, 01:41 PM
WTG Angie! The hardest part is ordering well-once you're eating good healthy food-you're happy you are. It's just getting past temptation to order junk.

My NSV this weekend-I went to a wedding reception and wore an outfit I wore the xmas before Josie came home (almost 5 years ago now)-when I was at my smallest size . . . .I remember how good I felt at that time. I'm not as toned as I was then-really need to kick up the exercise, but still . . .

Hoochie
08-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Way to go ladies! Sounds like your all doing well. I am doing alright, no gain, no loss, just sitting at my usual 170 pounds. My goal was to be 165 for this weekend but it isnt going to happen.
My gym membership expired July 31rst and I havent renewed it but I am going to start up again in September.
My DH and I are heading to Vegas this weekend so Im sure I will get lots of walking in. I am still excited for the shopping even though my size hasnt gotten any smaller.
I spent last weekend with my Motherinlaw who had lost 25 pounds recently. She has gained 18 of it back already. She was following a different diet program. Its amazing how easy the weight can come back on when we dont watch what we eat!
Okay well I should go, have a wonderful day!

Joan

Angie
08-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Tinkerbell -- I'm not actually following LAWL at the moment, but when I was I was on Red with lites. Thanks :)

JM -- You're so right, the hardest part was averting my eyes from all the fried and carby stuff and actually putting the salad (instead of wonton soup) on my plate. Once I was eating it I found it was actually delicious. That's great about your outfit! I'd love to hear an update about how you are doing with your loss and what the struggles are for adjusting post-surgery.

Joan -- Have a fabulous time in Vegas! Where are you staying?

Hoochie
08-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Angie- We use Timeshare when we travel. We are staying at Polo Towers.

JM- Please post pics! We all all wanting to see your awesome progression!

Have a great day!

Joan

JLem311
08-11-2011, 02:24 PM
hello all. just thought i'd check in, say hi and see how everyone was. :)

JLem311
08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
i posted a new profile pic--probably the best one i've gotten in months, they're all looking/smiling at the same time! (which is pretty much impossible with them!)

i also wanted to let everyone know that i'm doing a Heart Walk for the American Heart Association and would be so appreciative of any donations--big or small--that you could make. i'm co-captain with my sister and we're very passionate about the AHA and all they do for heart research and saving lives.
http://heartwalk.kintera.org/siouxfallssd/lemons2011

futurerunner
08-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm back from vacation and ready to get serious. I am shooting for Monday, always feels better to set a start date.

Did pretty well over vacation, actually lost some but I think it was water because it bounced. Overall I am down a smidge to 329 so .... so much better than a gain.

I'm going to spend weekend time thinking about and menu planning to get set and start in fresh on Monday.

Realistically would like to get to Onderland by Christmas. I think that is doable.

Oh and start regular exercise, I feel so much better when I do.

Jane

Repo girl
08-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi guys!
JM- Awesome on the outfit, you rock!
Jillian- I love that you are doing the Heart Association walk. Good for you!

I really am trying to get back to weight loss state of mind. I am an emotional eater. The last few years, every time I start trying to diet, some stress hits and BAM! I am comfort eating. Be back soon!

JLem311
08-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi guys!
JM- Awesome on the outfit, you rock!
Jillian- I love that you are doing the Heart Association walk. Good for you!

I really am trying to get back to weight loss state of mind. I am an emotional eater. The last few years, every time I start trying to diet, some stress hits and BAM! I am comfort eating. Be back soon!

thanks Katie! my sister is the regional vice president of corporate development--she just got promoted to that job (been with AHA for less than a year too!) and i've gotten quite involved since she started working for them. which makes sense because our mom has had a pacemaker since 46yrs old, our uncle died after a quad bypass at the age of 50 and my grandmother had a stroke and passed away not too long after. so it's definitely a cause and organization near and dear to me just like my NAMI Walk is. :)
there's a zumbathon tomorrow that i'm helping with for AHA so that should be fun (and sweaty) too!

susanwmsrn
08-15-2011, 11:44 AM
i absolutely love lawl. it is the only plan for me. my husband and i are planning on starting it up again tomorrow. i have been in grad school a year and have gained 18 pounds. i would love to get these pounds off as soon as possible. i am going to the doctor today...and i dread it. i did lawl in 2000 and lost 55 pounds. i got down to the 120's. that is where i would like to be again. grad school has really taken a tole on me and my body...i know that its too late to join in the august group challenges but i am definitely in for september. can some one explain to me the restrictions with this site? why are there limitations? i just dont get it?
thanks
susan :carrot:

susanwmsrn
08-15-2011, 12:19 PM
i think it would give me some ideas on what to eat.
tomorrow i will be doing the drink...for me, going to work is my down fall, all the drug reps bring in all kinds of foods and its so good that i just cant resist...i am going part time september 1 so, maybe that will help but i will be flat broke...but i will be graduating in may...so that will give me something to look forward to...
susan

Repo girl
08-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi all, I hope that you are doing well! I have started a healthy eating plan today, so far so good!

Angie
08-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone!

Katie -- Glad to hear you are back on your way to slimdom :) What kind of plan are you doing?

JIllian -- I hope the walk goes well and the zumbathon!

Heading to a family BBQ today but I am making the burgers, so at least I know they'll be lean and not packed with sodium. :)

I'm still sitting at 205 and would love to be in ONEderland soon. A friend in another thread also needs to lose 6lbs to get to the next decade so we are having a little mini challenge together...6lbs in 3 weeks. Wish me luck!

susanwmsrn
08-20-2011, 10:33 AM
i plan on doing the gold plan. it works for me. i havent done well this week and its very disappointing. no will power and no support....

Angie
08-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Susan - Good luck with the gold plan. Sorry you had a rough week. :)

JLem311
08-22-2011, 01:19 AM
hey all. a late quick check in for me. haven't had much time to do so, i hope everyone is doing well.

susan--sorry you're having a rough time. keep at it and stay positive, set mini goals/changes. you can do it!

i changed up my avatar pic again since i got a new haircut! also put a new profile pic up too. :)

also, i'm still looking for donations to my Heart Walk that is coming up this weekend (aug 27th) http://t.co/9XufJ7J that's the link, if you're so inclined to make a donation. :) i really appreciate the support. also, i was nominated for the 2011 Lifestyle Change Award and was selected as a finalist! only 2 people are chosen as recipents--i hope i'm one! exciting!!!

Hoochie
08-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Back from Vegas! Had an awesome time but now its time to get back into a routine. I am going to a womens only gym today after work. Its on my way home so I am thinking that if the price is right, maybe I will join. I didnt weigh myself when I got back from vacation because I am certain that there were a few pounds gained. We got home Friday and I worked outside in my yard all weekend so hopefully I burned a few calories!!!
Anyways, hope everyone is doing well!

Joan

Just Call Me L
08-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Hope everyone is well and not too shaken up by the mini-earthquake on the East Coast yesterday!

JLem311
08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
hey all! just thought i'd stop by and say hi while i had a quick second to do so.
i updated my avatar/profile pic again to the picture i submitted to the American Heart Association for being one of the final nominees! the winner's will be announced on Saturday at the Walk! i'm super excited!

Angie
08-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Jillian -- Congratulations on your nomination, I hope you'll win!

Joan -- Welcome back from Vegas! Hope you had a great time. I like women only gyms...it helps me focus on why I"m really there and not worry so much about how I look while I'm exercising. :lol:

I hit a milestone yesterday...I am at -70lbs from my highest weight and now I am just 4 lbs from ONEderland -- I'm so excited I can hardly wait. The 10lbs from 60-70 lbs were not easy ones...it took me a good 2-3 months to get these last 10.

I

JLem311
08-24-2011, 10:08 PM
angie--that's so awesome how close you are! and for how much you've lost! so happy for you! can't wait to see your ticker go under 200! exciting!

good luck with the gym Joan!

Just Call Me L
08-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Hello all-- apologies if this question is redundant, but the search feature didn't return anything. I'm wondering how many people work out regularly while doing the LAWL plan. When i was successful with LAWL in the past, I didn't work out at all. Now, that daily exercise is a part of my routine, I'm not planning to abandon it just because I've once again started LAWL. Thoughts?

MissMoo12
08-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Hello Everyone

I used to be on LAWL when the centre was in town, did well, lost over 30lbs and was close to my goal.

That was a few years ago and I'm back at it again. I've pieced together lots of information from posts here - thanks so much. Combined with what I remember I think I've got it down.

Just finished the 3 days of take off (without juice) and did good - i find just getting going sometimes is the hard part.

I dug out my cook book and am excited to get going on the program again.
Nice to see friendly posts on the forum. :)

mscountry
08-31-2011, 02:31 AM
WTG Angie! The hardest part is ordering well-once you're eating good healthy food-you're happy you are. It's just getting past temptation to order junk.

My NSV this weekend-I went to a wedding reception and wore an outfit I wore the xmas before Josie came home (almost 5 years ago now)-when I was at my smallest size . . . .I remember how good I felt at that time. I'm not as toned as I was then-really need to kick up the exercise, but still . . .

i was wondering if anyone mite have a copy of the LA free to live plan they wouldnt mindsharing with me! please email to me @ normagabby/at/live/dot/com
thanks in advance for any info

Mama Nicole
08-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Ohhhh, I forgot about Onederland. :). Guess it's been too long since I've been here. Oopsie.

So much has happened over the last year or so, but I will not bore you with the details. The saddest thing going on in our lives right now is that my mom was diagnosed with AML (luekemia) in May. She is undergoing treatment currently. The happiest news is that we are moving back home to Wisconsin, hopefully by spring, and I can be with her.

Lots of other tidbits along the way, but we don't have time for my endless typos. I am still obese, and still fighting. I am currently following WW and going to the gym faithfully two times a week, some weeks more.

My granddaughter is going to preschool on tues and thurs. a.m.'s now, so that is MY time. It is glorious, and it is spent at the gym everytime. No excuses, no appts., no grocery shopping, strictly the gym.

That's it. So, I have been working hard for a few weeks, and decided it was really time to come, "home," to my best WL support ever :). It is good to see so many familiar faces, and new ones too. Man, I have missed you girls. XOXO

juliemarie
08-31-2011, 12:47 PM
L--Regarding exercise, when I first started LAWL, I lost my first 50lbs in around 6 months and didn't exercise at all. Then I started exercising and while the weight loss did slow down a bit-that was when the biggest and most noticeable changes occurred in my body. So-yes, EXERCISE! It's always a good thing!

MissMoo-Welcome and good luck! You're right-taking the first steps can be the hardest part.

mscountry and all others who post on the other really old threads about pdfs of the program--none of the ladies that originally offered to email to those people post on this forum anymore. Maybe after all this time-they MIGHT come back and read the requests, but I seriously doubt it. As far as I know-none of us "regulars" have electronic copies of the plans-but you never know! ;)

juliemarie
08-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Nicole! Always wonderful to see your lovely face. Still can't get over the fact that you're a grandma! I'm so sorry about your mom-I hope the treatments go well. You've got a big move ahead of you-will your daughter and grand-daughter be going with you?

Angie
09-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Nicole - Oh I've missed you! I'm sorry about your mom's diagnosis. It's wonderful that you will be back home and able to give her lots of support.

Jillian -- I'm pretty excited about ONEderland, but my timing is awful. TOM is due today and I've been playing with the same 1lb for a week, back and forth between 201-202. I'm hoping this weekend I can make the big move and go back to work next week with a 1 in front of my weight.

JM -- How is weightloss going for you now? Are you able to eat most foods now, or still transitioning?