Ideal Protein Diet - New to Ideal Protein

View Full Version : New to Ideal Protein

MarthaH
08-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm new to this site, and kind of lost :?: But I'll try my best to keep up with you all.

I started on Ideal Protein today; 08 August 2011. Stuck to the program 100% on Day 1. I am feeling tired and do have a headache....guess this is all normal and to be expected.

I'm not a "kitchen-friendly" person, so I do need all the help I can get. I can imagine that repeating the same foods over and over with no variations can get old real quick.

Looking forward to sharing my SUCCESS with all who are on my same journey.

MH

Bellamack
08-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Welcome. Click on the Ideal Protein and you will find many threads for recipes, phases, side effects in the beginning, exercise and more!

thinkthin135
08-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm new to this site, and kind of lost :?: But I'll try my best to keep up with you all.

I started on Ideal Protein today; 08 August 2011. Stuck to the program 100% on Day 1. I am feeling tired and do have a headache....guess this is all normal and to be expected.

I'm not a "kitchen-friendly" person, so I do need all the help I can get. I can imagine that repeating the same foods over and over with no variations can get old real quick.

Looking forward to sharing my SUCCESS with all who are on my same journey.

MH

:welcome3: Congratulations on your choice of diet. IP works great and this forum is such a help. I started in early June and have to tell you that all the threads on this forum are great. Check out all the recipe threads it will help you get a good variety of different foods. Good luck - after the first week it gets so much better.

wuv2bloved
08-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Welcome, like the other said there is lots of information here. Take the time to read, you won't be able to do it all in one day that is for sure. For your headache try licking 1/2 tsp of the sea salt right off of your hand. Should get rid of it in 10-15 minutes!

sunshine1986
08-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Welcome to IP. For me it has been the best thing ever. I wish I had found this plan a long time ago. I am currently on vacation in Florida with my family and have remained OP. I find it amazing how easy it can be if you change up your options. Last night when discussing where to go to dinner with some friends, they all decided to go to the Brazilian steakhouse because they knew it was a good place for me. I have found that sharing with people about my diet lessens the offers for bad food and increases the support for my success.

KimLSU
08-09-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm starting Ideal Protein tomorrow. Everyone on this board's success is very encouraging. Thanks for the references to all the recipies. I'm excited because everyone I know who has done it has lost AND kept the weight off. How bad are the first few days? MarthaH, are you still having headaches?

wuv2bloved
08-10-2011, 12:09 AM
I'm starting Ideal Protein tomorrow. Everyone on this board's success is very encouraging. Thanks for the references to all the recipies. I'm excited because everyone I know who has done it has lost AND kept the weight off. How bad are the first few days? MarthaH, are you still having headaches?

Welcome Kim....another La girl:carrot::carrot:....seems like the word is spreading fast in La. I have started a thread for Ms/La IP users. Stop by and say HI, there be someone that goes to your clinic on there. Here is a link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237116-looking-other-ip-users-mississippi-louisiana.html

MarthaH
08-10-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm only on my 2nd day. Today has been much better than yesterday!! I'm going to try licking some sea salt tomorrow and see how that goes!

dancer41
08-10-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm only on my 2nd day. Today has been much better than yesterday!! I'm going to try licking some sea salt tomorrow and see how that goes!

Keep up the good work! I'm in my 4th week with IP and am very happy with it - down 13 lb! The recipe section is really good - who knew one could turn cauliflower into mashed potatoes! And the legal phase one pancake from the crispy cereal - I'm in heaven!

It will get easier. Keep coming to 3fatchicks - it's a great site.

sheenasg1
08-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi,I started IP on Aug4th.I had my first weigh-in yesterday,I am down 5lbs --week1..soooooooooooo excited!!First few days were a little testing for me,but I pulled through with flying colors...NO CHEATS :).

I will keep you posted.Thanx for this forum!!:):)

wuv2bloved
08-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Hi,I started IP on Aug4th.I had my first weigh-in yesterday,I am down 5lbs --week1..soooooooooooo excited!!First few days were a little testing for me,but I pulled through with flying colors...NO CHEATS :).

Great job Sheenasg1....keep up the job well done. If you passed the first week with flying colors then you are on easy street now....Good luck and welcome!

MarthaH
08-12-2011, 12:59 AM

Congrats......way to go!!!!! :D My first weigh in is on Monday; I can't wait!

MarthaH

MarthaH
08-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Welcome, like the other said there is lots of information here. Take the time to read, you won't be able to do it all in one day that is for sure. For your headache try licking 1/2 tsp of the sea salt right off of your hand. Should get rid of it in 10-15 minutes!

Tried the sea salt.......it works! Thanks :hug:

MarthaH

wuv2bloved
08-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Tried the sea salt.......it works! Thanks :hug:

MarthaH

AWESOME!!!!

tdejean33
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I started IP on 08/07/11 after a crazy fun filled weekend of eating for my 40th Birthday on 08/05/11. Wow did I need to stop piggin out;)!! Anyway I had my first weigh in yesterday and I lost 9lbs, thats right I said 9lbs!!!! I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself! My coach warned me that next week will probably not be as big of a loss but thats ok with me just as long as it is a loss! Thanks to all on this board for all of the tips they really help out.:carrot:

Redy2looz
08-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Ok, I am thinking of starting IP as soon as I can get into town to get the products. I am just curious if there is a huge differance in doing the program with IP products or using the alternatives from Lindora or Matol etc. The clinic that is closest to my house has a large fee just for a consulation and I think that it's a bit ridiculous to ask the potential client to pay to just hear about the program. They made it seem cult-like b/c they wouldn't answer any questions before I pay the fee. I am so thankful I was able to find this website to find out if I would be interested in this program. Best of luck to all of the newbies. Looking forward to the support group I seem to have found here :-)

DollFaceBella
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Hello all! I have been following IP since the end of May and lost 27 lbs so far. I've hit a challenging plateau, the lbs arent coming off like I want them too. It's been very little in the weight loss department but I have continued to lose inches here and there. It has been worth it, it'll just be a push for a little bit longer. :)

wuv2bloved
08-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I started IP on 08/07/11 after a crazy fun filled weekend of eating for my 40th Birthday on 08/05/11. Wow did I need to stop piggin out;)!! Anyway I had my first weigh in yesterday and I lost 9lbs, thats right I said 9lbs!!!! I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself! My coach warned me that next week will probably not be as big of a loss but thats ok with me just as long as it is a loss! Thanks to all on this board for all of the tips they really help out.:carrot:

WOOHOO!!!! another La chick with success.....awesome job! Next week might not be 9lbs but it will be a loss. Just wanted to invite you to take a look at the MS/LA thread that I started. Maybe someone close to you and might go to the same clinic here is a link.....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/237116-looking-other-ip-users-mississippi-louisiana.html

Redy2looz
08-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Hello all! I have been following IP since the end of May and lost 27 lbs so far. I've hit a challenging plateau, the lbs arent coming off like I want them too. It's been very little in the weight loss department but I have continued to lose inches here and there. It has been worth it, it'll just be a push for a little bit longer. :)

Nice job DollFaceBella! It is a great encouragement for us newbies to read of others success. Keep up the hard work and you will be glad you pushed through the less than rewarding weeks :)

tomorrow71
08-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Hi,
I am going to start IP tomorrow, after three weeks of serious pigging out. I am a strict vegetarian (not vegan). Other than the Franklin Farms burgers etc listed, does anyone know of any "healthy" protein intakes (as I am freaked out about all the talk about having hexane in veggie burgers).

Am excited, but also scared :)

RI

CheyAnne Wilson
08-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Hey everyone! I started IP 6 weeks ago and I've lost 15.5 lbs so far :) Just stumbled across this site on google, and man is it awesome! Just wanted to introduce myself!

MarthaH
08-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Hello once again.......I've been away for a couple of days because I got kind of frustrated trying to post....I'm not real cyber savy and to be honest, this is the 1st time I participate in a forum. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Well, y 1st weigh in was this past Monday, August 15th. I lost 10.2 lbs. Needless to say, I'm thrilled. :D

Thanks for all the support.

MarthaH

wuv2bloved
08-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello once again.......I've been away for a couple of days because I got kind of frustrated trying to post....I'm not real cyber savy and to be honest, this is the 1st time I participate in a forum. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Well, y 1st weigh in was this past Monday, August 15th. I lost 10.2 lbs. Needless to say, I'm thrilled. :D

MarthaH

WOOHOO!!!!...great first WI keep up the good work. No need to get frustrated, looks like you posted just fine!! Now that you know how to post I look forward to reading more from you. There is a lot of info here so sit back and enjoy and yes POST whenever you find something that interest you :)

MarthaH
08-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Hello again.......Week2.....lost 3 lbs. I would have wanted much more but they tell me 3-5 per week is the norm. I am really excited, have lost a total of 13 lbs so far :D.

I encourage everyone to look into the recipes; they've helped me quite a bit.

Thanks for all the support!!!!!!

MarthaH

YvetteSki
08-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Hello again.......Week2.....lost 3 lbs. I would have wanted much more but they tell me 3-5 per week is the norm. I am really excited, have lost a total of 13 lbs so far :D.

I encourage everyone to look into the recipes; they've helped me quite a bit.

Thanks for all the support!!!!!!

MarthaH

3lbs is AWESOME. Congrats and keep up the good work!

Wildcatinwa
08-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Hello,

I am new too. I started August 10th. I lost 4.8 on my first WI. I am very excited but somedays are better than others. I still get hungry, and unfortunatly cranky.. my poor DH. I think he is loosing weight (which he can not afford to do) just trying to keep up with my emotions!

Congratualtions on the excellent WI's for the people who started the same week..Yeah!!!

JellyMae87
08-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Hello,

I am new too. I started August 10th. I lost 4.8 on my first WI. I am very excited but somedays are better than others. I still get hungry, and unfortunatly cranky.. my poor DH. I think he is loosing weight (which he can not afford to do) just trying to keep up with my emotions!

Congratualtions on the excellent WI's for the people who started the same week..Yeah!!!

WElcome!! What part of WA are you in??

wuv2bloved
08-22-2011, 08:25 PM

Great job on the first week, and your coach is right next week will not be as big but you will have a loss...good luck!

gypsymarie25
08-22-2011, 08:44 PM
I have been on IP for 41 days and I have lost a total of 23lbs! I gained ALOT of weight during my pregnancy and this is my post pregnancy diet. The first few days were the toughest but I am so proud of everything i've accomplished! My starting weight was 186 and I am currently 162. My pre-preganncy weight was 140...my goal weight, however, is 120. I am going strong so far, it's interesting how after a while it just becomes a way of life. Sure I miss the junk food but I honestly don't crave all the stuff I used to. The hardest part for me is the alcohol. I went 10 months with NO alcohol and then I started this diet just a few weeks after my delivery. It's not a huge deal but it would be nice to have a glass of wine with dinner...oh well! Thinking of me 40 lbs lighter is all I need to stay away from cheating :carrot:

Wildcatinwa
08-23-2011, 02:34 PM
WElcome!! What part of WA are you in??

Thanks JellyMae! I am on the "dry" side..lol, I am in Kennewick.

Wildcatinwa
08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Everyone sharing is very encouraging! I am so glad everyone is doing well. My 2nd WI is tomorrow and I get all nervous!!

wuv2bloved
08-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Everyone sharing is very encouraging! I am so glad everyone is doing well. My 2nd WI is tomorrow and I get all nervous!!

Don't be nervous, you will do fine!!....here is hoping to a wonderful WI for you!

Redy2looz
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Ok, so I went shopping and purchased all I needed. I am on Day 2 and doing well so far. It is crazy how full you can get from 2 cups of veggies. I hope to soon be reporting great weight loss sucess like the rest of you ladies. Keep up the good work, it is all so very encouraging :-)

Changetoday
08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Hello! I just had my second child 4 mths ago and gained A LOT of weight. I have seen 4 success stories right here in my home town including my mom. I started IP August 16th and my W1- lost 5 lbs. So I am excited to get going and wished I would have started earlier. I have been reading all your post for 1 week now and you are all very encouraging. Thank goodness for this forum!!!

wuv2bloved
08-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Ok, so I went shopping and purchased all I needed. I am on Day 2 and doing well so far. It is crazy how full you can get from 2 cups of veggies. I hope to soon be reporting great weight loss sucess like the rest of you ladies. Keep up the good work, it is all so very encouraging :-)

You will do just fine!! stay OP and you will see the pounds and inches melt away!!

stolaf
08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Congrats to all the brand-new newbies. Keep up the good work. Remember to plan ahead. I do best when I cut up my veggies and have them quicky on hand. If I have to do a lot of prep work when I am hungry, that will just not work!

Redy2looz
08-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Just placed online order for 3 weeks worth of alternative products that appear to be comparable to IP items. Here's to some good changes in my future. I agree with stolaf - so much of success stories start with proper planning!

leganegan
08-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Welcome all the newcomers! You will love the plan if you stay 100% On Plan (OP). You will find this site to be your new addiction, replacing your food addiction!!!! So much love and support from men and women who are going through the same successes and challenges!
get your water and (and some), salt, veggies, lettuce and protein and you will never feel deprived.
have a great IP week!!!

Krista7382
08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Hello all newcomers! I've been on IP since July 11th and I love it! I have lost 22 lbs so far (some minor set backs at the end of July). Keep with it and you will definitely see results. You may not have big losses every week but you will see your body slimming down and transforming!

Also, definitely read the boards as soon as possible or even before you start. I read up on the boards before I had my first doctor's appointment and am so glad I did. My coach is relatively new and did NOT have nearly enough information. Most of the stuff I know about IP I learned from here and from my sister in law's mother who's on the diet.

For the guys out there who are starting out, my dad lost 40 lbs in a little over the month. He said he feels great, so get moving!! :)

Good luck everyone and remember to stay OP!

Bellamack
08-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Just placed online order for 3 weeks worth of alternative products that appear to be comparable to IP items. Here's to some good changes in my future. I agree with stolaf - so much of success stories start with proper planning!

I just place a gigantic order with Noshua, gearing up to swithch to alternatives, I am losing at a very slow rate, so the cost of IP is killing me. Plus we are headed into the $300+ heat bill months :(. If you find some really good stuff,make sure you post. thx

Wildcatinwa
08-24-2011, 12:46 PM
I had an odd or even off day yesterday. I was OP and everything was fine until I got a call at 5:00pm saying I was late for my hair appt (I thought it was on Wednesday) I know I will be there a couple of hours so I mixed up a shake and ran to my appt. Because I was late, my hairdresser was late, I didn't get home until 8:30. I thought it was too late to eat dinner, we usually go to bed by 9:30. (up around 5ish) I had my IP pudding took most of my supplements and went to bet at 10. What does that do to your system to skip the "normal meal" vegies and lettuce? I got in the protien supplements? Your thoughts?:?:

michelletroy
08-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone! I am new to IP as well! I started IP on 8/8/2011 and had pretty good results so far!

WI1 - lost 6.4 pounds
WI2 - lost 1.2 pounds

I don't have really that much to lose, I was actually trying to get rid of the dimples in my butt more than anything so my weight training won't feel like I am doing it for nothing (wasn't getting results fast enough) so my main reason for IP is to get my body fat percentage (not BMI) down to 18% (which is considered Athlete status for women).

Previously I had done HCG to get the majority of my weight off, so I am pretty familiar with following a protocol....BUT....I cheated pretty good last night :mad: And of course, I am pretty unhappy for myself being stupid. So, I will tell you all what I cheated with:
2 - Special K 90 calories Honey Nut Bars
3 - Spoons of Jif Peanut Butter
1 - Spoon sugar free raspberry jelly

SCOLD AWAY!!! Please!!! I told my co-workers who ask me about my progress all the time and they gave me complete grief this morning!! I try to think of the positive here and the only positive I can think of is that I least I didn't cheat with donuts or chocolate cake or something like that. Anyways, I am really liking the inches coming off so hopefully my cheat doesn't hit me too hard on my WI Monday and hopefully my body goes back into Ketosis quickly! If it does hit me, then I am prepared and will NOT GIVE UP!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-purp/flower02/lb/137/115/129/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

MarthaH
08-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Hello again......Hope you are all doing good. I had my third WI today, another 3 lbs GONE!!!! Yesssssss. In 3 weeks, I've lost a total of 16 lbs. Can't wait to get halfway to my goal, just 6 lbs away.

Martha

wuv2bloved
08-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Hello again......Hope you are all doing good. I had my third WI today, another 3 lbs GONE!!!! Yesssssss. In 3 weeks, I've lost a total of 16 lbs. Can't wait to get halfway to my goal, just 6 lbs away.

Martha

Great job, your halfway point will come faster than you think. Keep it up!

Redy2looz
08-30-2011, 12:53 AM

Martha

Martha - congrats to you!

michelletroy
08-30-2011, 09:34 AM
Congrats Martha! I had my WI 4 yesterday and lost 2.6 pounds so I am pretty happy with the results too! Funny thing is though I only lost .5 inch in my chest and no where else and my body fat percentage didn't change so even my doctor is kind of confused how I managed that one...but oh well, a loss is a loss :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-purp/flower02/lb/137/115/127/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

stickingtotheplan
08-31-2011, 12:43 AM
Hi Everyone. I'm also new to IP. I started IP on 08/17/2011. I've stayed OP but I have definitely had some ups and downs (moody, tired, and cravings). My first week I lost 7 pounds. I had my second WI today and lost 3 pounds. I exercised yesterday for the first time since I started and I was soooo tired....I ended up having a nap-then just laid around for the rest of the day and complained when I had to drag my body out of my chair. I hope this is not what it is going to be like each time I exercise. I used to exercise 3-4 times per week prior to IP and did not feel as tired. Maybe I need to build up my endurance again. Thank you to all for your threads and encouragement. This is definitely a test of our Will and discipline.

wuv2bloved
08-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Congrats Martha! I had my WI 4 yesterday and lost 2.6 pounds so I am pretty happy with the results too! Funny thing is though I only lost .5 inch in my chest and no where else and my body fat percentage didn't change so even my doctor is kind of confused how I managed that one...but oh well, a loss is a loss :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-purp/flower02/lb/137/115/127/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Awesome job at the weight loss. Sometimes I only lose .5inches and I tell them to keep it til next week...hahaha

Hi Everyone. I'm also new to IP. I started IP on 08/17/2011. I've stayed OP but I have definitely had some ups and downs (moody, tired, and cravings). My first week I lost 7 pounds. I had my second WI today and lost 3 pounds. I exercised yesterday for the first time since I started and I was soooo tired....I ended up having a nap-then just laid around for the rest of the day and complained when I had to drag my body out of my chair. I hope this is not what it is going to be like each time I exercise. I used to exercise 3-4 times per week prior to IP and did not feel as tired. Maybe I need to build up my endurance again. Thank you to all for your threads and encouragement. This is definitely a test of our Will and discipline.

A lot of the posters that we have that exercise add an extra packet to their day to get more energy. You might try that, everyone that does add a packet says it makes a difference :)

Pensan
09-01-2011, 05:20 PM
my third WI and down 16lds ....this diet is amzing :carrot:

wuv2bloved
09-01-2011, 05:27 PM
my third WI and down 16lds ....this diet is amzing :carrot:

Great job!!...keep it up!

stickingtotheplan
09-01-2011, 11:44 PM
A lot of the posters that we have that exercise add an extra packet to their day to get more energy. You might try that, everyone that does add a packet says it makes a difference :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, Wuv! :) I get scared of having extra packets because I'm so focused on sticking to the plan...:dizzy: However, if that is what helps me have more energy after I exercise that is what I've go to do. Stay strong everyone! Happy long weekend!!

wuv2bloved
09-01-2011, 11:56 PM
A lot of the posters that we have that exercise add an extra packet to their day to get more energy. You might try that, everyone that does add a packet says it makes a difference :)

Thanks for the advice, Wuv! :) I get scared of having extra packets because I'm so focused on sticking to the plan...:dizzy: However, if that is what helps me have more energy after I exercise that is what I've go to do. Stay strong everyone! Happy long weekend!![/QUOTE]

There is a thread all about exercising I bumped it for you. Maybe there is something else I missed.

michelletroy
09-02-2011, 11:24 AM
It really helps me being a "newbie" on the plan to read these forums and get advice from others! Sometimes this is the motivation some of us need :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue2/cartoonblob01/lb/137/115/127/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

kostless
09-04-2011, 10:44 PM
My first week weighin I was down 6 leb and lost 11 inches. I have my second weigh in on Tue. after Labor Day. Very nervous. I did fine with the food portion, it was the Diet Coke. I think I had three this week. Two were caffeine free diet coke. Thoughts anyone!!!!!

I'm also try to find the receipe section :dizzy:

LisaPatriciaK
09-04-2011, 10:57 PM
Went to the grocery store today and stocked up on everything I need for recipes this week, and Tuesday is my first day!!! I've been counting down the days all summer, and I have been really looking forward to getting started. Im feeling alot of anxiety about it... alot... but staying focused.

Corrie
09-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Not a problem I ever thought I'd have only on day 10. Lost 5.4 pds week 1. This weekend scurrying to get meals in and came home at 9:30 tonight still not having had dinner.

When this happens should I have the meal before bed (bedtime 10:30 - only an hour away). Should I skip it entirely or maybe just have a protein shake instead of real food.

What do you think? What do the experienced IP weight losers say? :^:

Thanks,
Corrie

wuv2bloved
09-05-2011, 01:22 AM
My first week weighin I was down 6 leb and lost 11 inches. I have my second weigh in on Tue. after Labor Day. Very nervous. I did fine with the food portion, it was the Diet Coke. I think I had three this week. Two were caffeine free diet coke. Thoughts anyone!!!!!

I'm also try to find the receipe section :dizzy:

The recipe section is in the sticky's section on the first page of the Daily chat there is a link. Good luck with your WI :)http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html

Went to the grocery store today and stocked up on everything I need for recipes this week, and Tuesday is my first day!!! I've been counting down the days all summer, and I have been really looking forward to getting started. Im feeling alot of anxiety about it... alot... but staying focused.

Stay focused, you will do fine on your WI.....Good luck!

Not a problem I ever thought I'd have only on day 10. Lost 5.4 pds week 1. This weekend scurrying to get meals in and came home at 9:30 tonight still not having had dinner.

When this happens should I have the meal before bed (bedtime 10:30 - only an hour away). Should I skip it entirely or maybe just have a protein shake instead of real food.

What do you think? What do the experienced IP weight losers say? :^:

Thanks,
Corrie

I have had that happen a few times for me, I get distracted and then notice wow its 10pm and I haven't eaten dinner yet. I usually just have a drink/pudding packet at that time then have my snack around midnight. I know we are not suppose to eat past 8 but at least I get my protein in. I have just done it a few times in 19 weeks and have not seen a difference. I think you will be ok, just don't make it a habit.

kindanuts
09-05-2011, 01:46 PM
So I was making my lunch , a spinach, mushroom omelet, and wondering why the egg packet wouldn't firm up . Then I realized I had used a chicken soup packet. It was really good. If you like creamed spinach.

DThieme
09-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi all,

So happy I found this forum. I am new to IP. Day 7 for me. I have done well, not cheater, EXCEPT for one day.
I had 3 triscuits with cream cheese
and 3 bites of cake.

I know, terrible.

But if that's it for a whole week, if you know me, it is a miracle.

but I havent weighted myself in 3 days and finally did this morning. The first couple of days, I went down 5 pounds, but now I am up .5. so that means I gained .5 pounds in 3 days cause of triscuits! is that really possible??!?!

someone help to keep me motivated, cause i am feeling really low right now.

wuv2bloved
09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

So happy I found this forum. I am new to IP. Day 7 for me. I have done well, not cheater, EXCEPT for one day.
and 3 bites of cake.

I know, terrible.

but I havent weighted myself in 3 days and finally did this morning. The first couple of days, I went down 5 pounds, but now I am up .5. so that means I gained .5 pounds in 3 days cause of triscuits! is that really possible??!?!

Well honestly, I don't think that did it. Have you been drinking your water?? You know what you ate and you know you have to "fix" it so drink lots of water and get to program 100%. You can do it!

lbhadley
09-05-2011, 04:21 PM
I just started IP today. I am beginning menopause and have gained 25 pounds in two years. I have tried most everything I know of to lose weight and then I heard about IP. So here I go! I really dont konw how blogging and threads, etc work, so if I posted this in the wrong place let me know ;)

DThieme
09-05-2011, 04:43 PM
Well honestly, I don't think that did it. Have you been drinking your water?? You know what you ate and you know you have to "fix" it so drink lots of water and get to program 100%. You can do it!

I have been drinking all the water. even a bit more on some days.

What about almond milk, I didnt have skim, so I put some in my coffee in the mornings.

I am also not exercising.

nessahebert
09-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I started IP on August 18, 2011. I am from Louisiana. I weight 269 and first week lost 5.5 and 4 inches and then second week 6.5 and lost 9 inhces for a total of 12 lbs in 2 weeks and 13 inches. I love this diet. This weekend was hard for me but getting through it. Started walking today. Walked 1 mile this morning and 2 this afternoon. Thanks for all your help in advance.

ONE CHEERLEADER FOR EVERY 5 LBS LOST
:cheer2::cheer2:

W#1 5.5..W#2 6.5

nessahebert
09-05-2011, 05:10 PM
I just started IP today. I am beginning menopause and have gained 25 pounds in two years. I have tried most everything I know of to lose weight and then I heard about IP. So here I go! I really dont konw how blogging and threads, etc work, so if I posted this in the wrong place let me know ;)

Girl believe me it works if you work it. So exciting cause you loose so fast. :carrot: Good luck!!

nessahebert
09-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Hi just wanted to tell you I started arond the same time the 18th. So nice to meet you. I have been lucky not to be suffering with those things. I did have cravings this weekend but not bad. I am here if you need.

ONE CHEERLEADER FOR EVERY 5 LBS!
W#1 5.5 LBS..W#2 6.5 LBS

Watkat
09-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I started IP on August 18, 2011. I am from Louisiana. I weight 269 and first week lost 5.5 and 4 inches and then second week 6.5 and lost 9 inhces for a total of 12 lbs in 2 weeks and 13 inches. I love this diet. This weekend was hard for me but getting through it. Started walking today. Walked 1 mile this morning and 2 this afternoon. Thanks for all your help in advance.

ONE CHEERLEADER FOR EVERY 5 LBS LOST

W#1 5.5..W#2 6.5

:welcome::wave:
We are all glad you are here.

stickingtotheplan
09-05-2011, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=nessahebert;4021233]Hi just wanted to tell you I started arond the same time the 18th. So nice to meet you. I have been lucky not to be suffering with those things. I did have cravings this weekend but not bad. I am here if you need.

Thanks, Nessa! We are making this weight loss journey together on 3FC! :grouphug: About the cravings and the tiredness, it is really up and down, but I have learned a lot about myself in these last few weeks. About mentally pushing through...:nono: I hope you are enjoying the long weekend!!!

Watkat
09-05-2011, 05:51 PM

:welcome3::wave::wave:

Glad you are here. Everyone will help you. Just ask. :)

wuv2bloved
09-05-2011, 06:21 PM

Welcome lbhadley, this is a great program. We have fun here on the boards helping out each other and making suggestions. Those 25lbs will be gone in no time....you will see :)

I have been drinking all the water. even a bit more on some days.

What about almond milk, I didnt have skim, so I put some in my coffee in the mornings.

I am also not exercising.

I have read on here that a few people use almond milk for their coffee, I am sure if you use it in moderation every now and then you will be fine.

:welcome3::wave::wave:

Glad you are here. Everyone will help you. Just ask. :)

EXACTLY, we are all here on the same journey, its always nice to have people who understand what you are going through and try to help as best they can even if they are hundreds sometimes thousands of miles away from you :)

DThieme
09-05-2011, 09:23 PM
ref: I have read on here that a few people use almond milk for their coffee, I am sure if you use it in moderation every now and then you will be fine.

Just realized it is my time of the month, explains my water retention.
thanks for listening.

akscutest
09-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Im new to this whole site and diet... Not real sure if this post im doing is what im hoping to do! lol... so, I started IP 9-7-11. I feel good for the most part but having a slight headache. Also, I WANT CHOCOLATE! I am not going to cheat but i am really having a bad sweet-tooth. I am very glad I found this site. It does help ALOT!:D

MarthaH
09-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Im new to this whole site and diet... Not real sure if this post im doing is what im hoping to do! lol... so, I started IP 9-7-11. I feel good for the most part but having a slight headache. Also, I WANT CHOCOLATE! I am not going to cheat but i am really having a bad sweet-tooth. I am very glad I found this site. It does help ALOT!:D

Don't despair, things do get easier!! The 1st week was the most difficult for me. However, after my 1st WI, motivation kicked in!!!!!

Martha

Watkat
09-09-2011, 10:49 PM
akscutest, there are sugar-free chocolate syrups you can buy from Torani that you can put in your IP drinks or puddings or whatever. I use them.
Helps with the need for sweet things.

manton4
09-09-2011, 11:17 PM
I starte IP on 9/7. The third day has been my toughest but since then, I have felt great! No more bloated tummy or 3 o'clock crash. I've kept it basic so far while I get used to it but look forward to using the recipes that I have found on this site. My work has started a new weight loss clinic and so there are a lot of my co-workers that are just starting too and the support has been overwhelming. I can't wait to see where this takes us!

Corrie
09-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Great to have diet buddies at work - it will make it so much easier for you - way to go!

Changetoday
09-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Welcome!! You will love IP but you will especially love this board. I was on a pregnancy board and was so scared to post anything because those women were so hormonal and mean, lol. This board is not like that at all. I am on week 4 and down 14lbs. Everyone here has so many tips and are so helpful.

wuv2bloved
09-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Welcome!! You will love IP but you will especially love this board. I was on a pregnancy board and was so scared to post anything because those women were so hormonal and mean, lol. This board is not like that at all. I am on week 4 and down 14lbs. Everyone here has so many tips and are so helpful.

We are all going on the same journey so its easier to share tips and advise along with suggestions to make everyone's trip a little more eventful. You can never have too much of any of these. The more we share the more we can get closer to our final destination....GOAL!

Corrie
09-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Hi all,

and 3 bites of cake.

I know, terrible.

I read a post back when I got started as to why cheating is Out Of The Question. It went into pretty good detail explaining how eating any carbs puts you out of ketosis and, therefore, you would have to adhere to IP for 3 days to get back on track.

If that's true then, yes, a few triscuits and 3 bites of cake could throw you off for the week.

Can't remember where that was posted. Is anyone else able to recall that and bring it to the forefront?

Corrie
09-15-2011, 09:59 PM
akscutest, there are sugar-free chocolate syrups you can buy from Torani that you can put in your IP drinks or puddings or whatever. I use them.
Helps with the need for sweet things.

Mmm Hmm... Walden farms also has a sugar-free, fat-free chocolate sauce sold in many major grocery stores...

wuv2bloved
09-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I read a post back when I got started as to why cheating is Out Of The Question. It went into pretty good detail explaining how eating any carbs puts you out of ketosis and, therefore, you would have to adhere to IP for 3 days to get back on track.

If that's true then, yes, a few triscuits and 3 bites of cake could throw you off for the week.

Can't remember where that was posted. Is anyone else able to recall that and bring it to the forefront?

is this the thread you were talking about.....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html

Corrie
09-15-2011, 10:50 PM
is this the thread you were talking about.....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html

It's a good one, too! Really not worth the 'cheat.'

akscutest
09-16-2011, 03:54 AM
thank you everyone!
soooo... this is day 8 for me and I had a piece of sugar free chocolate :( how bad did i mess up???

flaminpixie
12-29-2011, 08:30 PM
I am just posting a note to see if my signature page shows up. I havn'et figured out how to run this thing. My husband and I are starting this program together. :-)

Dawnkim
12-29-2011, 09:36 PM
I have been doing a lot of reading on Ideal Protein for the past few weeks and have decided to start it on Monday. So many success stories are encouraging, however I am scared to death reading about the posts about hair loss:?:

swinsell
12-29-2011, 09:44 PM
I have done a lot of ready on this site about IP and i am going to start on the 1st i am going to do the Alternative plan. My cousin has lost 111 pound on the IP program. I hope i have as good of results as he does.

DanafromAustin
12-29-2011, 11:11 PM
I am just posting a note to see if my signature page shows up. I havn'et figured out how to run this thing. My husband and I are starting this program together. :-)

I have been doing a lot of reading on Ideal Protein for the past few weeks and have decided to start it on Monday. So many success stories are encouraging, however I am scared to death reading about the posts about hair loss:?:

I have done a lot of ready on this site about IP and i am going to start on the 1st i am going to do the Alternative plan. My cousin has lost 111 pound on the IP program. I hope i have as good of results as he does.

Welcome flminpixie (and your husband), dawnkim and swinsell. IP is a great program and SO happy my doctor told me about the plan.

Dawnkim, don't worry about the hair loss too much. It doesn't happen to everyone, and if it does it really is temporary and probably not noticed by anyone other than yourself and your hairstylist (if you have a regular person you go to). It happened to me on another low carb diet I was on and a couple of years ago when I was in the middle of a big family move from one state to another. I really think it's stress that brings it on. With diets it could be the stress your body is under while loosing a great deal of weight. I posted on another tread that I'm at the 3.5 month mark and so far so good. When it happened to me on my last low carb diet it was at the 3 month mark and it lasted about 3 months. This time I'm taking Omega IIIs which I have been on long before I started this diet. I've still got my fingers crossed as I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm hoping it will be okay.

scoobygirl39
12-30-2011, 05:08 PM

I was like you very scared as my hair is very thin and takes forever to grow. I spoke to my doctor about this and he said it is a natural occurence when you lose a lot in a short period. The hair that falls out is going to fall out eventually anyway but I don't believe we have to be worried about hair fall out like you would if you were doing cancer treatments. Let's just focus on losing weight and getting healthier and our hair will follow ;)

christyroe
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Moreau Physical Therapy in Zachary LA is now doing the Ideal Protein Diet!!!!!!

christyroe
05-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Moreau Physical Therapy in Zachary, LA is now doing the Ideal Protein Diet!

tnizzle
01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi there! started IP alternative diet last thursday...Lost 8 pds so far!:carrot:
Super excited first couple days were a challenge but every day gets better! just keep picturing myself in skinny jeans for once! haha