Old 08-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Need suggestions, up early.

So I usualy get up at 5:00 am and do not go to bed till 10:00 pm. I could eat my computer by 10:30 am!! I don't know if I am going to far between eating but Im not sure what to do other than having a 4th low carb/cal packet somewhere in there. I also want to start exercising but am afraid if I do even adding a 4th packet I will start burning muscle. My losses have been good so far also but Im not too sure about the amount of time inbetween eating. I do alternatives and my pancake and oatmeal are not considered restricted, 6 carbs. I also can not do restricted as I will stall right away Here is my day.

Wake up 5:00 am - 15 - 20 oz water
5:30 am breakfast: a shake or pancake or oatmeal
11:00 am lunch: a drink, 2 c veggie w half normal size bag salad. 1 tsp oil.
6:00 pm dinner: 5-7 oz meat, 2 c veggies other half bag of salad
9:00 pm snack.
10:00 bed

I take all the supplements and get my salt in. I also drink up to 120 - 140 OZ of water easily. I hate to snack on pickles between because all the extra sodium in them. Should I add a little more fat? I don't want to add too much more because I do eat meat (chicken, fish, red meat, pork in the evening.

Thanks everyone!!
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #2  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

I have several very early and long days per week. I get to the office at 6:40. I try and hold off as long as possible before I have my breakfast, usually no later than 8AM. I ALWAYS find the need to have my snack in the AM because I am still hungry...don't know why my body does this! Noon.....veggies and a packet. Around 3/3:30, I have a couple of hard boiled egg whites and two petite dill pickles...ties me over until a 6/6:30 dinner. If I exercise that day (which I do most days), I will add the berry drink or raspberry jelly. If my dinner is earlier than 6, I will have a RTD instead a couple of hours before bed.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #3  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I've only been on IP for a week, so I'm sure more experienced people could chime in with better hints. My coach advised me to hold off on eating breakfast as long as I can. She says a typical day for her is drinking 32 oz of water, then having her cup of coffee, followed by more water. She has her breakfast around 9:30 and her lunch around 1:00, dinner at 6:00 and her evening snack right before 8:00. This is what I have been doing and I haven't had any real hunger. I'm not allowed any restricteds yet. I was advised to have a 4th packet if I absolutely needed it, but I haven't needed to yet.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #4  
Incredible Shrinking Wife

S/C/G: 172.8/142/130

Height: 5'4"

Hiya... my coach told me that lettuce is ALWAYS okay, so I sometimes have a salad at 10 am, because I'm hungry, too! Could you just move your salads to a morning and afternoon snack instead of having bigger meals for lunch & dinner? That way you're only going a few hours without food...

Also, my coach told me that on hard workout days (strength training or 4-5+ mile runs) I should have a chocolate or peach mango packet within 45 minutes of my workout to make sure my body is burning muscle mass. I guess they have the most electrolytes. And on easier workout days, an extra half tsp of salt both before and after workouts (in water)...
MrsD75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

This is exactly what I do. I also get up at 5am and can't eat lunch until 11. I drink my coffee and hold off on my breakfast shake until about 7:30. I'm still pretty hungry by 11, but I can make it. I seem to need my snack badly during the afternoon since I can't seem to get dinner on the table before 6:30pm so I can't have it in the morning.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #6  

I'm not working but often will be up at 5:00 or 5:30 and have coffee with a couple of ounces of vanilla or chocolate RTD as creamer. Later in the am I'll have the rest of the RTD. It really staves off hunger for me till early afternoon when I have lunch. I'm not sure this is acceptable on the plan but works for me!
xzoftig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

I am going to wait till 7:00 and then eat breakfast this week. I was always told we need to eat half an hour after we get up or the body will go into starvation after the long period of not eating. I am going to up the water and maby have a big cup of herbal tea till then. I am always fine after lunch. It is just that long time between breakfast and lunch that makes me a hungry and crabby.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote