Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/182.4/155-160

Height: 5'8

Default On Plan til September 4th Challenge!

I have really been struggling with fitting parties and social gatherings in with my diet plan lately. Alcohol really messes up my weight loss, and I have a hard time staying away from it. However, I'm doing a lifestyle change and once I hit goal I'm going to need a coping strategy so that I won't gain all of my weight back! So, I'm going to have "major events" where I can have fun and drink/eat without counting, while "minor events" I'll stick to my plan. That way there's a balance and I don't feel as if I never have ANY fun at all.

The next big party is Labor Day weekend, and I want a challenge to stay completely on plan until then! Anyone want to join me?
wilycutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.4/247.4/140

Height: 5'6"

I will join you! I've been struggling with eating healthy and getting daily exercise. I've just been so fatigued that I've been looking for something easy to cook and if I don't get to my walk in the morning I know I will rarely have the energy in the evening. I came back to 3FC for some more motivation to stick to healthy habits so this is a good short term challenge. Less than 4 weeks away to September 4th!
Mama Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/182.4/155-160

Height: 5'8

YAY! Welcome, Mama Bee!
wilycutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #4  

Hey how are you doing?

We are on Day 4 of this challenge here... I have gotten exercise everyday.

I ate too many carbs yesterday which left me craving more than I needed, but I managed not to eat an evening snack in substitution for the carby afternoon. I gained 0.2 lb this week, which is good as I am trying to gain less than 1 lb a week for the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'7

Hey Girls! Is it alright if I join the challenge too?? I plan on staying on track until Labor Day (holidays never end well for me), and then the weekend after is my birthday.. and I am eating cake on my birthday. sooo yea... I would love the extra incentive to stay on track until (and through) then.
sabri711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #6  

Sabri- Welcome! Sounds like you have a couple big temptation days in a row! I agree, you better eat some cake on your birthday. There is no better reason to eat cake... unless maybe it were your wedding or something like that.

Day 5

Went walking again this morning! I get very heavy legs after I go on a walk so today I decided to weigh myself before and after. For a 2 mile walk that took approximately 35 minutes... I gained 3 pounds of water weight. Seriously! That's ridiculous. No wonder I feel so heavy by the end of the day. Can't wait for all this preggo water retention to go away. I was doing good this morning too! Kept my heart rate up the whole walk EXCEPT the part where a little skunk decided to ramble down the road in front of me and take his time crossing... I had to stop for a couple minutes because I didn't want to go near him at all!

Healthy eating on task today! I even have a plan ready for supper, including healthy snacks to feed myself and husband in the evening when we get the munchies.

Now I have all my housework done as well, and I'm going to go back outside and see if I can find some blackberry bushes on the state land. The neighbor told me they were ripe and brought home a 5 gallon bucket a couple days ago! I am able to manage my time much more efficiently when I get some exercise and eat right, because it keeps me from being sluggish.

Last edited by Mama Bee; 08-12-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #7  
say what?

Hi Gals,

Mind if I join you? August started kinda bad for me. And I need some place to really stay accountable. I am gonna be gone for a week so I can't post.. but I'll let you know how it's gone!

Today and yesterday were my first on plan days again since my birthday july 29th. I went downhill from there, with all the junkfoods around and then pure laziness.

I stuck to my calories, even got below them a tiny bit today. And I did my workout + half of another weights workout. I feel good! Gotta stick with it. I wanna loose a few more LBS before the year at Uni starts again!

Keep it up gals!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #8  

Today was not so great for me... (although it could have been much worse I suppose) I ate really well for the day and stayed on track. However... After work I planned to have a beer with my co-workers, and instead that somehow turned into 4 beers and a rum and coke.... Id love to blame them.. but no one forced it on me. .. so yea... now at nearly 2am I am finally getting around to eating sometime for dinner (a 270 calorie healthy choice cafe steamer... so its not awful).. but defiantly not on track

Next week (assuming work allows) I will start exercising again!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #9  
say what?

My 2days on track have already helped me break through the stall of the past 2weeks 'off track'. I just saw the scale move from 143/142 the past few weeks to 141!!!!!

Happy!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #10  

Day 10!

How is everyone doing? I have had too many carbs the last few days but it's so difficult when people give us food and we can't afford to waste it. We're pretty low income at the moment and several friends had us over for supper then sent us with a ton of leftovers (spaghetti), and also a bag of potatoes that is on the verge of going bad, so they had to be used over the last couple of days. Toooo many carbs, but now the potatoes are gone and after I feed husband tonight we will have gone through the last of the spaghetti! And I'm planning to get rid of the carbs in my diet for awhile again!

I was feeling exhausted and in pain the last few days so I missed 2 days of walking on Sunday and Monday... in fact I hardly did anything around the house those days. My hip joints feel like they are popping out of the socket as the baby in me gets bigger! I didn't walk today either but I did put the zumba DVD in and did it all at a bit lower intensity and went lax on the jumping moves... it really got me sweating though. Glad I got some exercise in.

philana- Isn't it great how a couple days on plan makes us feel? How come it's so hard to get started and stay on track when we know we will feel better when we do?! Augh!

sabri- Hope you got your exercise on this week!

Last edited by Mama Bee; 08-17-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #11  
say what?

Oh, hi! I was on a holiday where I ofcourse did not stay on plan, but the last 3 days back have been on plan food-wise. The gym I'll kickstart tonight, I was a bit too tired from the long trip sunday (12hrs in a car, eating LOTS of junk) but I am back to normal energy again after eating so good for 3 days, so yay!

Only 2 more weeks till the 4th, I am determined to make it!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #12  

Last week the gym was a bust, as I ended up working till 10pm almost every day, and I can never bring myself to go in the morning... I will do anything for that extra hour of sleep.. anything!!! I am very proud of myself however... I went to a birthday party on Saturday... and I did have a cupcake.. which was defiantly not on my plan but I stayed away from all the bad food. I ate mostly the veggie salads, and I had a few bites of the roasted pork, but with no bread!! Much more on-plan than I expected.

I went to the gym twice this week. I have to skip tonight because of guests, but I am determined to go again tomorrow!! WOOO! We can do this!!!