Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat - Mon, 8/8

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat - Mon, 8/8

rachelearth
08-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/217542-introductions-those-us-ideal-protein.html), post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)
for more information and instructions.

Search:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. You can search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Busymomx4
08-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Good morning, hope you all had a nice week-end.

First WI today, right before lunchtime. Of course now i feel heavy and bloated with a stomach ache, darn it.

rachelearth
08-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone.

I hope that you all had a great OP weekend.

I stayed 100% OP. Last night after dinner I started thinking about having a chocolate! I have Dove dark chocolate singles in the fridge and started thinking about having one! I was reasoning it is not going to be too high calorie and too high carb and I could tolerate one! Well, then I got up went brushed my teeth and then flossed since I knew there was no way I would eat anything after I flossed, lol. Of course, then I remember I had not drink my last shake of the day, lol, which thankfully I thought did not require flossing, just brushing afterward! Anyhow, I felt real good for being in complete control.

Have great day.

rachelearth
08-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Good morning, hope you all had a nice week-end.

First WI today, right before lunchtime. Of course now i feel heavy and bloated with a stomach ache, darn it.

Good luck.

Pxlkitty4
08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Down less than pound this week... trying not to be discouraged. It's TOM, though, and that normally does me in. Oh well... It's also a double coffee Monday.

leganegan
08-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Down less than pound this week... trying not to be discouraged. It's TOM, though, and that normally does me in. Oh well... It's also a double coffee Monday.

Don't get discouraged. TOM is the problem. I have my first weigh in with TOM today, don't really want him there, but oh well...

Also, you are super close to your goal, I would assume the weight loss would slow down the smaller you get, that's a good thing!!!!

Enjoy the coffee! :coffee:

redhead14
08-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Happy Monday to everyone!
Made it 100% OP spending 3 days with 19 family members at the lake. Feels good to be in control and everyone was very supportive.
Enjoy your day!

kimvw
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
After a fun weekend with friends, too much birthday celebrating in July, I have let a couple pounds creep back on. Good news is that with this program, I can do a "boot camp" Phase 1 for a week and drop them right off! So guess what? 100% OP until Saturday. Should take care of the "extra" fun I have consumed. Good luck everyone!

texan kay
08-08-2011, 10:24 AM
It is very discouraging to see the loss of only 0.4 pound. I feel crushed.

cadenlevi
08-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Happy Monday IPers!! I had a really busy weekend!! It started off with WI#5 Friday monring. TOM showed up a little early so I knew that my WI was going to be a little off from the norm but still lost 1.5 so I'm happy! Had several NSVs this weekend. Started off with Friday night at dinner. I love Logan's Steakhouse veggie skewers so we went there for dinner. I have a wiatress there I LOVE as she remembers all my "crazy" requests (no carrots on the salad etc). Some friends joined us for dinner making our usual party of 4 a party of 6. I asked for Jacqueline's section and they told me that her section couldn't accomodate a party of 6 since her section had only 4 seater booths. They said we could wait for two booths (30 mintues or more) or sit in a different section. We opted for the different section. Needless to say, I will be waiting from now on. The waitress argued with me about the salad and everything else I requested. I politely told her that Jacqueline was always able to accomodate me. I guess I hurt her feelings because before I knew it, Jacqueline was bringing us our salads. She told me that they said the "pretty girl" at our table requested her - I had gone to the bathroom and she told her manager she didn't recognize anyone at the table but then I walked out and they pointed to me. I've never been called the "pretty girl" before. Second NSV was shopping this weekend. It was tax free weekend in Oklahoma so I went out school clothes shopping and to look for me some new pants since I have skinnied out of mine. I got to buy a size 7/8 pants!!!! I haven't been that size in about 20 years!!

I tried to get through all the messages from the weekend but didn't quite make it through. I hope everyone had a great one!!! Here's to a great OP week!!!!

lboogs311
08-08-2011, 10:53 AM
morning everyone...try not to get to discouraged (so easier said than done). Just means next weeks wi will be great. I did a 26 mile bike ride this weekend, on Cape Cod and man I feel great! I lost 2.2 this morning at wi#13, was hoping for more, but oh well. Staying OP and I love it. I also spoke a little about how at the end of August I have to take a "break" from the clinic and try on my own (to save $) until Nov. They were so supportive and understanding! It really is a weight lifted off my shoulders. I am staying on program, just with alternatives and plan to get back, much lighter, to finish phase 1and move on to the next.

I hope everyone has a great day/week. Stay positive, you are making the right choices and they WILL show!!!

colley
08-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Good morning all!!!! I had a great weekend and still going strong on being OP for 8 weeks now. Still in the 150's after a weekend in the city.... made me realize that I can still do this for another 8 weeks OP and no cheats, it's getting so much easier to just walk by all the yummy looking food!!!!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
08-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Good morning everyone... Back to work Monday, time to buckle down and get to the business of losing this weight... Totally happy with my progress so far, this will be WI 24 & 25 because of the holiday Monday last week and Now I have to break in a "New" to me coach... I am finding the weekends just fly by, I wish they would last like 4 days... Everyone here is coming back from vacations all nice and tanned... the only thing real tanned on me is my feet as I wear my sandals all the time. I went to make Mexican rice last night and low and behold I had no cauliflower... how can that be? that is one of my staples... so ended up with mexican spiced roasted veg with steak instead...
I have found I am still always cold and this is after 6 months starting my 7th month today... oh well, everyone says it is because I am so skinny... (i love hearing that as I don't think it is quite true)...

YvetteSki
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Happy Monday everyone, I had a great weekend. My son and I picked raspberries from our back yard this weekend. Even though I'm not allowed to have them I had a great time picking them with my boy.

I stayed OP all weekend, it was tough though, my husband wanted nachos so that put them in my mind, but I didn't have any. We also went grocery shopping and I couldn't believe all the smells that are in a grocery store....lol...I honestly don't recall smelling everything. The strawberry smell hit me pretty hard and so did the buns, but I was strong and kept on looking for items I am able to eat.

My scale hasn't moved since my last WI which I find odd as I am only in week 2 and have not gone off track at all. Fingers crossed that this keeps on working, I really don't want to get discouraged. WI in 2 days, hopefully I'll have some inch loss.

Celticgirl
08-08-2011, 11:30 AM

You've had great losses so far. Sometimes your body has to adjust and it will catch up over the next week. Don't get discouraged!

texan kay
08-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Thank you guys for your encourgement.
I should take it as a chance to build character when the going is tough.

justamom
08-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Well weekend went well until late Sunday evening. Had to move stuff in the freezer and found some hash browns. Needed space in the freezer so figured I would cook them. Guess I thought the empty space in me from losing 19 pounds needed to be filled! Well did not eat all of them but still!!!! Yes I kow better. The good thing is there are no more in the freezer. Back on plan. Scale shows down a pound so still okay.

Busymomx4
08-08-2011, 12:16 PM
WI#1 -10.6 Wish it was more but i'm happy :)

Gika
08-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Hello everyone!

I came back from my 7 day trip Saturday. I was able to log on this site almost every day, at least for a few minutes at night to read some posts, which is nice :)

As far as IP, here's the breakdown of my trip:

The good:

1) I didn't have anything that is not allowed on the plan, which means I survived movie theaters, disneyland trip, birthday celebration , etc. etc

2) I got in my water everyday

The not-so-good:

1) On my worst day I had: An egg-white omelette with chicken and 2 bars. That's it. I just didn't have the time to have anything else. No veggies, lettuce or a 3rd pack. Bad day all around, but simply there was nothing else I could have, and though I hate skipping meals, it was either that or having something that wasn't OP.

2) I couldn't get in 4 cups of veggies every single day, but except for the busiest day I made sure I had at least 2 every day.

3) I skipped the lettuce a couple of days as well.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how I did. Now it's back to being 100% OP including veggies and lettuce and definitively 3 packs a days.

I did have to peak at the scale when I came back, because I was afraid that not eating enough might have stalled me, but as per my unofficial scale I lost! I have my WI on Wednesday, I can't wait for my official number then!

Have a great OP day everyone!

justamom
08-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Busymom-You did awesome!!!!

cadenlevi
08-08-2011, 12:40 PM

:bravo:

Congrats! Keep up the good work!!!

jennylauren19
08-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Busymomx4. . . you lost 3.6% of your body weight in one week. . .that's pretty incredible.

leganegan
08-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Happy Monday IPers!! I had a really busy weekend!! It started off with WI#5 Friday monring. TOM showed up a little early so I knew that my WI was going to be a little off from the norm but still lost 1.5 so I'm happy! Had several NSVs this weekend. Started off with Friday night at dinner. I love Logan's Steakhouse veggie skewers so we went there for dinner. I have a wiatress there I LOVE as she remembers all my "crazy" requests (no carrots on the salad etc). Some friends joined us for dinner making our usual party of 4 a party of 6. I asked for Jacqueline's section and they told me that her section couldn't accomodate a party of 6 since her section had only 4 seater booths. They said we could wait for two booths (30 mintues or more) or sit in a different section. We opted for the different section. Needless to say, I will be waiting from now on. The waitress argued with me about the salad and everything else I requested. I politely told her that Jacqueline was always able to accomodate me. I guess I hurt her feelings because before I knew it, Jacqueline was bringing us our salads. She told me that they said the "pretty girl" at our table requested her - I had gone to the bathroom and she told her manager she didn't recognize anyone at the table but then I walked out and they pointed to me. I've never been called the "pretty girl" before. Second NSV was shopping this weekend. It was tax free weekend in Oklahoma so I went out school clothes shopping and to look for me some new pants since I have skinnied out of mine. I got to buy a size 7/8 pants!!!! I haven't been that size in about 20 years!!

I tried to get through all the messages from the weekend but didn't quite make it through. I hope everyone had a great one!!! Here's to a great OP week!!!!

what a great NSV!

Busymomx4
08-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Busymomx4. . . you lost 3.6% of your body weight in one week. . .that's pretty incredible.

Wow, you're good to have figured that out, i wouldn't have been able to even if i wanted to. Thanks, it does sound good that way, lol

wuv2bloved
08-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Happy Monday to everyone!
Made it 100% OP spending 3 days with 19 family members at the lake. Feels good to be in control and everyone was very supportive.
Enjoy your day!

Great feeling isn't it when you have supportive friends and family?

Its a LOSS, remember that no matter how small that number is your body is changing in many ways. IT will come off next week you will see.

10.6lbs loss and you want more???...girl that is awesome!!! and you were nervous!....great job!

Looks like we are having some losses this week which is great and its only Monday!!....I hope that is a good sign for the rest of us!

JackieGee
08-08-2011, 01:04 PM
What does NSV mean?

YvetteSki
08-08-2011, 01:07 PM
What does NSV mean?

None scale victory / No scale victory

Porthardygurl
08-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Well its monday..im sick with some kind of blah sinus cold..Who gets sick in the summer..SERIOUSLY!!
Well its time for a round of bootcamp..see how that goes..
I dont think the scale is co-operating.. i know i didnt gain 3 pounds overnight..my guess..its cause i forgot to drink my water two days in a row..der!

Oh well..onward and upwards! Have a great day all!

sandyh50
08-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Good post you found 2ROLLERCOAST! Lots of good advice!

I am at day 49 on IP-7 weeks!!! I don't weigh in until Wed. am with a new coach. I'm trying to adapt to my new school schedule! I just didn't want to weigh in the evenings so I will go at 7:15am to weigh, measure, and get products! I hope this works out for me!

With my big loss last week, I am now in my "stall" week. It seems to be a pattern with me, lose 1 week, then stall the next! I am not discouraged because I am getting into smaller clothes, so I know I am losing inches!

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Losingtime
08-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Happy Monday you all, sounds like people are doing amazing :) I went camping all weekend and pretty much kept OP. The only thing I did was have fattier meats then I would normally Plus a couple diet ginger ales (splenda)
Tried on a "goal" pair of capri's this morning and they fit!!! Will have to buy a new pair of "goal" pants yay!

MJKinMN
08-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey all!

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with their TOM and spotting while on this diet? My TOM only lasted 3 days this round (which was last week) and now im spotting :mad:..... anyone else had this issue and is it normal?

wuv2bloved
08-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey all!

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with their TOM and spotting while on this diet? My TOM only lasted 3 days this round (which was last week) and now im spotting :mad:..... anyone else had this issue and is it normal?

There are a lot that have issues with TOM. Do a search for TOM issues with IP or read a few of the other threads about it. I'll bump a few for you

colley
08-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey all!

I have, but it's because your burning your fat and there is lots of extra hormones being released, it's not big of a deal, just annoying!!!!!

fattu
08-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Congrats!!! Thats an awesome W#1!!!!!!:D

leganegan
08-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I am having an obsession with TOM week, and it seems like others are too...
today my coach came to work to weigh me in, i gained .8 but she says not to stress because of my period and although i ate super OP for wedding weekend, I am sure their was hidden fat and sodium....
Plus side I lost 2 more inches off waist, and 1 inch off hips and thighs.
Here are a few things I pulled off sites about TOM...

1) "I have a Dieter that has been on the protocol for over 4 months and has lost
about 33lbs. For the last 3 weeks she has had no weight loss. She is also on
her menstrual cycle again: 2 weeks now, before it was 3."

She is having more frequent "periods", then it would stand to reason she will gain water weight one week prior to her menses. Also check her food diary; a lot of
dieters get a little "slack" with this once they are a few months into the program.
Contemplate a week or two of a the protocol with the “rocket-Fuel” foods only (no
restricted foods) and no restricted vegetables.

2) Is it possible for the IP program to trigger hormone receptors that bring on
'Menopause' or 'Premenopausal" symptoms and/or actual on-set?
No. As women lose fat, estrogen and estrogen-like compounds (called "xenoestrogens")
are released from the fat cell along with the fat. These compounds may
bind to and stimulate estrogen receptors causing, among other things, fluctuations in
the woman's menstrual cycle. You may see post-menopausal women start to "spot"
or younger women having prolonged or multiple periods per month. This is always
transient and everything will return "to baseline" once most of the fat has been lost.
We also know that in overweight, post-menopausal women, the adipocyte will
produce "E-1" (estrone), one of the 3 types of estrogen. This is a risk factor for
many cancers, including breast cancer. Losing the weight seems to lessen this
production and the cancer risk is reduced. This is the basis for using some of the
"phyto-estrogens" and similar compounds (Rx drugs Nolvadex and Evista) for the
prevention or re-occurrence of breast CA (these being very weak estrogens, they
compete for the estrogen receptor with the estrone and the overall effect is to lessen
estrogenic activity.

3) What is the relation between the Ideal Protein Protocol and pregnancy?
It takes about three days to completely "drain the glycogen tank" and force your body to really get into the fat burning mode. This means we probably wouldn't see a measurable increase in estrogen levels until at least a full week into the program. We should counsel women who are still fertile to use a "back-up" form of contraception in addition to BC's if they are sexually active and are starting the protocol, as changes in their cycles may occur and may render the pills less effective particularly if they have 25 lbs or more to lose.

4) How does the protocol affect the menstrual cycle?
We knick-name the fat cell (the adipocyte) the "third ovary" as it stores excess estrogens and substances with estrogen-like activity ("xenoestrogens") such as toxins found in plastics and pesticides. The body has a hard time eliminating them and if the liver can't process them all, the body stashes them in the fat cell (because they are lypophilic substances - easily dissolved in fat) to basically "keep them from binding to estrogen receptors and causing "trouble". As the ladies burn fat, these substances are released in the blood stream and can cause irregularities in their menstrual cycles (prolonged periods, multiple periods / month, spotting in POST menopausal women and may make oral contraceptives less
reliable). These problems are only temporary and will completely resolve by the end of Phase 2 (if not before).

5) "I have a patient doing well on protocol however she has swelling problems
in extremities. She said she always has these problems when she had
menstrual cycles (now menopausal). She had swelling during all
pregnancies."
Her estrogen levels are probably higher now (do to the fat loss) and this may
partially explain the water retention. Have her check her blood pressure; if it is low she made need to increase her salt. Find out if she is on an antihypertensive drug. Certain ones like the calcium channel blockers can cause swelling in the extremities if her BP is too low. Should this be the case, her physician may need to decrease the dose. She needs about 2000 to 2400 mgs of sea-salt / day. If her body doesn't get this, anti-diuretic hormone is secreted which causes the body to retain what little
sodium there is and consequently water retention will follow. Try having her
increase the use of her salt and suggest a soup once a day for a week.

MJKinMN
08-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks a million ladies!!!! At least my consolation for the annoyance is that I'm burning fat. In that case, BURN BABY BURN!!!:carrot:

Bride2Be310
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Hello!! It's day 2 for me today, looking around for some support - looks like most of you guys have had great success - how inspiring!

hawndragon
08-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Aloha everyone! Today I moved to Ph-3 and 5 pounds from goal. I am so happy!!!

It's been a journey but I can still say "as long as you follow protocol, you will lose pounds/inches!" In 7 1/2 months, I stuck to the program and here I am today.

There is such a wealth on information and inspiration on these boards. I hope many of you "newbies" take advantage of it.

Good luck to all of you and congratulations to so many who are reaping the rewards and making goals along the way. I just had to share and hope to motivate and inspire you as I was when I first started. :goodluck:

YvetteSki
08-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Aloha everyone! Today I moved to Ph-3 and 5 pounds from goal. I am so happy!!!

It's been a journey but I can still say "as long as you follow protocol, you will lose pounds/inches!" In 7 1/2 months, I stuck to the program and here I am today.

There is such a wealth on information and inspiration on these boards. I hope many of you "newbies" take advantage of it.

Good luck to all of you and congratulations to so many who are reaping the rewards and making goals along the way. I just had to share and hope to motivate and inspire you as I was when I first started. :goodluck:

Yay, that is awesome! Congratulations!!

YvetteSki
08-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Just finished a nice walk outside. I work from home and normally don't take a lunch break, I work straight through and get off early. A co-worker is on vacation so I have to take a break. It was nice to get away from my desk and go for a walk. My goal is to go for a walk everyday this week during my lunch break.

JackieGee
08-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Wow Hawndragon, did you lose all that 91 lbs in just 7 1/2 months?

That's wonderful.

It gives me hope that I can get down 50 lbs by Christmas. I have over 70 pounds to lose in all.

How much will depend on where I feel comfortable when I get there but since I'm only 5 foot I'm thinking it needs to be below 130

Krista7382
08-08-2011, 05:22 PM
So disappointed! Had my 4th weigh in today and only lost 1 lb. I also had my total loss off by 1 so still only down 12.

Here is my sample diet, let me know if I am messing anything up.

Breakfast: Drink (usually chocolate or yogurt), vitamins and water
Lunch: Chicken Soup with 2 cups broccoli, water
Dinner: 5-6 ounces chicken/beef/sometimes fish or shrimp, lettuce, 2 cups veggies, little bit of olive oil, soy sauce and salt for dressing. Water. Vitamins.
Snack: Bar or pudding. Vitamins. Water.
Try to get at least 64 ounces of water but aim for more.

Also, is lunch meat acceptable for parts of the protein?

wuv2bloved
08-08-2011, 05:48 PM
So disappointed! Had my 4th weigh in today and only lost 1 lb. I also had my total loss off by 1 so still only down 12.

Dinner: 5-6 ounces chicken/beef/sometimes fish or shrimp, lettuce, 2 cups veggies, little bit of olive oil, soy sauce and salt for dressing. Water. Vitamins.

Do NOT be disappointed in only a pound lost...it is a LOSS!!...your body is making adjustments, it will show in the next WI.

I would up my water that is for sure, the more water you drink the more you will lose. I would also maybe go up in my protein to the higher range. This seems to be the key sometimes. Again these are only my suggestions/opinions but from reading and trying to help others that seems to work. Here is to another OP week for you!

Krista7382
08-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks wuv!! I knew you'd have something for me :)

Maile
08-08-2011, 06:55 PM

My coach said to eat the restricted for lunch or breakfast only. Try eating the bars earlier. Also sometimes I have the snack at 4 and don't eat anything after dinner.. However, you may be fine with a snack later as lots of people do,
Also..it could just be that you are slow this week and will lose next week. Great job staying OP>

capricious
08-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Congrats BusyMom on your W1 10.6 is awesome!
To TexanKay & Krista- I agree with Wuv that a loss is a loss. While we may sometimes want more, faster at least you are headed in the right direction- DOWN... I have to say in addition to this that I took SandyH's advice from last week and only ate fish primarily, with no red meat at all throughout the week. No flavoring in my water, no pickles. And lo & behold this week was a three pound loss vs. last weeks stall! So a big thank you Sandy!!
HawnDragon- we're starting Phase 3 together today!
Well, I have been on the program for almost 4 months and am continuing along with phasing out- tomorrow will be the first day of 'official' phase 3! Very excited. IP works if you follow it! Don't be discouraged by low loss weeks or small gains to the point you 'give into temptation' just keep trucking cause a big loss is usually awaiting you the next week...

Maile
08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
WI today..down 3. I am happy.

Capricious: I lose better with fish also..and stay away from pickles for the salt.
Good loss for you.

Hawdragon..very inspirational. Congrats on being 5 pounds from goal!

wuv2bloved
08-08-2011, 06:59 PM

Capricious: I lose better with fish also..and stay away from pickles for the salt.
Good loss for you.

GREAT job Maile....keep up the excellent work!

sandyh50
08-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Congrats BusyMom on your W1 10.6 is awesome!
To TexanKay & Krista- I agree with Wuv that a loss is a loss. While we may sometimes want more, faster at least you are headed in the right direction- DOWN... I have to say in addition to this that I took SandyH's advice from last week and only ate fish primarily, with no red meat at all throughout the week. No flavoring in my water, no pickles. And lo & behold this week was a three pound loss vs. last weeks stall! So a big thank you Sandy!!
HawnDragon- we're starting Phase 3 together today!
Well, I have been on the program for almost 4 months and am continuing along with phasing out- tomorrow will be the first day of 'official' phase 3! Very excited. IP works if you follow it! Don't be discouraged by low loss weeks or small gains to the point you 'give into temptation' just keep trucking cause a big loss is usually awaiting you the next week...

You are welcome! And congrats to you and HawnDragon for starting Phase 3. I will be watching your success closely!

JoLoMN
08-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Happy Monday! Congrats on the fantastic weigh ins. I agree with the others, a loss is a loss and they do all add up!

When I have a small loss week, I add up my inches lost, look at my "before" photo, or start going through my closet. I always look for some evidence that I'm on the right track and stepping back to see the results.

Remain strong everyone!
Jo

brummie
08-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Weeks 4, 5 and 6 are notorious for small losses...perhaps our bodies catching up...? It will pick up again, I promise. I had a big loss Wk16 - I attribute it mainly to changing from the choc shake to the choc rtd (I still can't get over the carb difference between these two!), I also had the soy puffs as my restricted (rather than the bbq ridges).
i started Phase 2 this past weekend. I started on saturday at 140...we'll see how it goes! I had tuna, veggies and salad for lunch and I had way more energy this afternoon then I normally do, I didn't even need my afternoon herbal tea!
I've used deli meat lots, the lean low sodium type of chicken or turkey. I get them to slice it pretty thick, then I dice it and premeasure it in baggies - As i need it, I usually add italian herbs to the baggie, shake it up and throw it on my salad.
Oh and i love the pic of your puppy, Krista! Beagles are my fave!

Busymomx4
08-08-2011, 08:25 PM

Sorry you're disappointed, i can totally understand, but you did lose and if you keep following the protocol the lbs WILL come off.

Your sample day sounds quite similar to mine as for type of foods but i have a pudding in the afternoon for my 3pm snack and i drink about 140oz of water a day so maybe up your water a bit more..

I don't think you're allowed lunchmeat but someone with more knowledge should confirm.

Busymomx4
08-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Good loss for you.

Congrats on the 3lbs, you have great weekly losses.

Busymomx4
08-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Weeks 4, 5 and 6 are notorious for small losses...perhaps our bodies catching up...? It will pick up again, I promise. I had a big loss Wk16 - I attribute it mainly to changing from the choc shake to the choc rtd (I still can't get over the carb difference between these two!), I also had the soy puffs as my restricted (rather than the bbq ridges).
i started Phase 2 this past weekend. I started on saturday at 140...we'll see how it goes! I had tuna, veggies and salad for lunch and I had way more energy this afternoon then I normally do, I didn't even need my afternoon herbal tea!
I've used deli meat lots, the lean low sodium type of chicken or turkey. I get them to slice it pretty thick, then I dice it and premeasure it in baggies - As i need it, I usually add italian herbs to the baggie, shake it up and throw it on my salad.
Oh and i love the pic of your puppy, Krista! Beagles are my fave!

I never checked the difference in carbs between the rtd shakes and the ones i make. Is it such a difference that i could affect weight loss?

pselias
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Sounds like some amazing losses already this week! I hope that is a hint of what's to come for everyone else.
I am having a terrible time getting water in today. Just not thirsty. Gotta suck it up (literally!).

ItsAboutTime
08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Way to go on all the great losses. I am hoping I follow in the big loss footsteps!

leganegan
08-08-2011, 10:41 PM

Definitely eat your restricted at breakfast and lunch, not after dinner. limit your soy sauce and up your water to 96+ oz. As far as lunch meat, i would just watch the sodium in it. it could slow your weight loss.

Krista7382
08-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks ladies! I'm going to take all this advice and hope for better next time.

brummie
08-09-2011, 12:09 AM
I never checked the difference in carbs between the rtd shakes and the ones i make. Is it such a difference that i could affect weight loss?

The rtd has 4 carbs and the choc drink has 9. This is pretty lame, but for months all I had was the 2 choc drinks and 1 pack of ridges as my IP meals everyday. I planned to get other things that I thought I might like, but never actually had the kahunas to deviate from my 'norm' when it actually came down to making the selection at the clinic every week. Now when I go in, my coach has my food on her desk ready to go...so I don't even look at the other items (I'm a creature of habit....can you tell?) So, I went from 34 IP carbs per day (with the choc drinks and the ridges) to 17 IP carbs with the rtd and the soy puffs during week 16 (for week 17 i had to go back to the choc drinks as the clinic was out of rtds)

wyomingsarah
08-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi,
I am new to this whole thing. I have been reading this forum for some time but I started ideal protein 2 wks ago. The first week I lost 7 lbs and that was with cheating over the weekend. However, since then I have not cheated for 10 days . I am not feeling the hunger like I did in the first week so that is good. I am just feeling really dicouraged that this week I have only lost 3 lbs!? what is that all about? I have been doing everything I am suppose too and yet 3 lbs?! Just feel like I am doing this and I should see more. Am I crazy? I am not exerciseing but I was told not to since I am not getting very many calories. what does everyone think about exercising into wk 2?

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/slider-scale/lb/170/125/160/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

patns
08-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Hi,
I am new to this whole thing. I have been reading this forum for some time but I started ideal protein 2 wks ago. The first week I lost 7 lbs and that was with cheating over the weekend. However, since then I have not cheated for 10 days . I am not feeling the hunger like I did in the first week so that is good. I am just feeling really dicouraged that this week I have only lost 3 lbs!? what is that all about? I have been doing everything I am suppose too and yet 3 lbs?! Just feel like I am doing this and I should see more. Am I crazy? I am not exerciseing but I was told not to since I am not getting very many calories. what does everyone think about exercising into wk 2?

I see all the ads about 3- 7 pounds a week being the average loss but Dr. Tien's book says the average loss for a woman is 6 to 10 pounds in 20 days so that is about 3 pound a week max. A loss of 7 pounds and 3 pounds in the first two weeks is actually quite a bit.

Pat

petie
08-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi,

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/slider-scale/lb/170/125/160/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

These are wonderful numbers and you are doing a great job. I'd call all of that at the top of the charts. You may continue to loose 3 pounds every week but please be prepared to join some of the rest of us and become estatic with a pound gone. It's just different paces, different bodies. Awesome job, 10 days OP.