Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Challenge: 8.8.11 - 8.14.11

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!!

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Jump in head first!!! We WILL catch you!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #2  

Thanks for making this thread week after week

Was on day 8tonight, and once again, it all came crashing down. Here I am again, never seeming to learn that bingeing helps nothing. All it does time and time again is leave me incredibly sad. I'm so defeated and mentally exhausted from fighting this battle every single day. I don't have much choice but to keep going, but boy, i am just sad tonight from this. Again.
Take me back to the days where food didn't have this control over me and I did't abuse it the way I do now.
LAKERSKB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

finished 3 weeks! hard to believe since it wasn't too long ago I was shoveling crap upon crap in my mouth.

I am seeing tremendous progress in my eating habits with IF, I tried to eat some banana split icecream and it was too sweet for me. Reversal of insulin resistance maybe??? That condition causes outrageous hunger and no feeling of satiety in my opinion.

I hope every one has a wonderful binge free week.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Okay, I'm in. Once again starting over at my highest weight ever. But that's okay because I know I am in a different place now than I was in the past and I can make it this time. there's always room for positive thinking, right?

August 8. day one.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

jen that's awesome...congrats

this past weekend i gave myself the liberty to eat whatever i wanted. i ate too much sugar on saturday and yesterday i had such a headache...i don't know if it's from sugar or what...is that what hangover feels like?i know some of you guys mentioned that you feel hungover after a binge. i've never felt like that so i slept all day. and today i still have a slight headache if i drink water :/ so weird.maybe it is because of th weather...the air pressure is weird, it's cloudy and all of a sudden it's sunshine and its hot and it makes me so sleepy. i'm gonna skip weighing in this week because i know i'm loaded with water.
so today i'm starting over...actually continuing my journey.i'm off to library to study with my brand new awesome bike which i bought on saturday for about 20$.
day 48
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #6  

Guys! I made it ALL last week without a binge! I can't tell you when the last time I made it a FULL WEEK. Oh, I am so thrilled. Going to keep on doing what I'm doing... Lots of positivity and healthy, delicious food. (I also lost 4.2 lbs last week. That is no coincidence. My body is striving to get the extra weight off me and is so happy when I don't fill it with binge junk.)

missunshine, yes, that is what a sugar hangover feels like to me after not having some for a long time. it sucks. Awesome about the new bike, have fun!

Purplefirefly, welcome!

jendiet, glad to hear IF is working well for you. I hear rave reviews of it from anyone who sticks with the schedule.

lakers, we've all been there and can relate. :hugs: Try not to beat yourself up. What happened happened. Pick yourself up, and try again today. What can you do differently today? Do you know what happened yesterday? Were you bored, lonely, tired, angry, stressed? Can you manage your emotions and environment a little better today? Not aiming for perfection... just progress. Good luck.
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 130

Height: 5'7

I'm new, but I've been reading the boards for a few days now. I have decided to post here because binging in my biggest issue, and it's always been this deep dark guilty secret of mine. Thanks to this forum, I feel so relieved to know I'm not the only one that has this problem. This past weekend was the first one in a long while that I didn't do my usual binge. I definitely still ate more than I do during the week, but not like past weekends. No box of Pop Tarts or bag of Cheetos. I don't want to hide anymore. I moved in with my boyfriend a month ago, and I don't want to have to hide food in my car or eat secretly like I'm a junkie. I'm pretty good during the week because work keeps me busy, but the weekends I just fall off the wagon. This Sunday I know I'll need help because I'm super stressed about Saturday; I'll be meeting my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend and when Sunday finally comes I'll wanna eat my way through the stress of this week.
JazzFest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Working on day #3... easier at work, but I need to be careful after work.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/146/125

Height: 5'4''

This makes day #1 for me and I hope to keep it up for a very long time! Binge eating makes me feel terrible in many ways, the next day I feel puffy and unmotivated and I become upset and self-loathe because of my actions the previous day. What I can't ever seem to understand is why I continue to binge eat when a) when I eat healthier I feel better b) when I binge eat, I feel terrible. I'm not sure why that momentary temptation causes me to slide into a full blown binge eat. Hmmmm...no more, I say!
maintain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #10  

This is my day 1 of the binge free challenge. I promise to report daily.

Love and hugs,
Gwen
justbeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #11  

Thanks for support Abluvion and everyone else. I was feeling super stressed yesterday which lead to the binge eating.
Today is day 1. I hate how when I feel good, there is nothing that can stop the feeling but once that urge strikes to binge, i lose all sense of reality, control, and what's right. It was only 2 days ago that i felt so fantastic, now I don't even remember that feeling.
It saddens me that for the past year, basically the only reason i've sat and cried is because of my binge eating..to know that i done it to myself is just sad. I never used to deal with stress with food, why now
LAKERSKB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

452!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

At the end of day 3...binge free!!
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Posted in last week's thread by mistake...

Today was day #3 and I made it through:
- Stress at work
- hearing from someone that I miss horribly that usually causes me to eat
- not stopping at the grocery store right on the way home for "supplies"

I'm beginning to think I can do this!!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Binge eating for me is my downfall. I work at a store that has a full grocery. Every night when I leave I roam around the food aisles looking for something really sweet or salty. Depending on how glutenous I am feeling that day, I will hide the food in the cabinets that I know my husband won't look in because I want all the food for myself. I do have to say though that today was the first time in the last few months that I left work with only purchasing dinner. I even bought a candy bar on my meal break today and didn't eat it... I almost ate it on the way home from work but threw it back in my purse instead and gave it to my husband when he got home. So today is day one!
NatashaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote