Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'11"

Default The Time Has Come

Hi everyone.

I originally joined this site back in January 2010 with the hope of losing a few pounds that I put on during my first year and a half of law school. I eventually fell off the wagon but am back and excited to get on my way to my goal of 135.

I come from a heavy family and though I've never been seriously overweight, I had always been on the larger side and felt uncomfortable with my body. Back in 2007, I had been having stomach problems and ended up going on an aggressive elimination diet to weed out the problem. In the course of that process, I lost 25 pounds and went from a size 10-12 to a 4-6. I was also diagnosed with celiac disease.

I enrolled in law school in 2008, and while I had managed to maintain my weight through most of 2007 and 2008, once I started law school, the stress caused my weight to slowly creep back up. The problem was magnified during my second and third years of school when I experienced a number of personal troubles, including the death of my grandmother and a very emotional break up with my boyfriend of nearly 4 years. Although I had always eaten healthy before, the stresses of my life resulted in me excusing myself from my healthy habits. I found myself putting off exercising or eating because I was too stressed or I didn't have time or I had other, more important things to do.

Fast forward to present day. I'm proud to say that I graduated from law school with honors in May of this year. I sat for the bar exam at the end of July. I'm also dating a new guy who is so incredibly supportive and who makes me very happy. Although I still have a number of stresses in my life, I don't have any more excuses. The time has come for me to have my old body back. 135 lbs here I come!

Wish me luck!

burnourstereos
burnourstereos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 AM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! I lost my grandma in May, so I know what you mean. However, she was my biggest weight loss cheerleader, and I know she's still watching me, so part of my hard work is for her.
Congratulations on law school, that's fantastic!
Good luck with your goals!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #3  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Wow, we have things in common. I'm also a tall girl, and I'm studying for my LSATs now! I hope I can do as well as you did in school.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote