Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #1  

Default Well, Crap...

Sigh...my coupon was refused for the $50 off at Medifast. That puts it out of my reach for the months worth. I guess I'm going to be shopping on Ebay and using more whole foods to maintain my success. Which, is probably a good thing in the long run. I need to learn to do this with whole foods anyway.
I found a lot of good, 100ish calorie recipes at SparkPeople which have a decent nutritional profile, so that's cool. Besides, while I really love the uber-convenience of Medifast, it's not magic, and with some research, I should be able to keep on losing at the same rate.
SpinDizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Well damn, Dizzie. Good luck with your grocery substitutions, and keep us posted on your progress.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #3  

Thanks. I have Dr. A's book, and there are L&G plans and lists of refueling mini-meals with whole foods (or MF foods) and I've got the shake covered. Half a scoop of my protein powder, Udo's Fast Food and almond milk work. Plus, I take 1000 I.U. of D3, and an awesome omega-3 supplement from CNCA, so I'll add a multi vitamin. I'll most likely get puffs and bars from Ebay, and that will help. I just need to get past the being nervous about it. The MF meals added a psychological tool that helps keep me on track, but I gotta suck it up, lol.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #4  

Update: Someone posted a code that worked over at the Medifast boards. Saved my *** for another month, lol. In case anyone needs it: 55off
Old 08-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #5  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Keep searching for a code. There are lots of them out there. Good luck!

I know this month I am going to have trouble getting a month's worth, too. SO darn expensive. You'd think insurance would get the hint and start paying for this stuff. It would save them SO much money in the long run!

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 08-09-2011 at 11:35 AM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 288.2/225/160

Height: 5'7"

I joined VIP. You get free shipping for orders over $250, 5% off, and two weeks free food (the freebies are split into 2 orders).

My free foods last month: dark chocolate antioxidant shakes, pancakes, vanilla pudding, strawberry shakes, and hot chocolate. From reading the medifast boards, I think this is standard. I'll find out next week when my new order ships.

P.S. Anyone tried the new BBQ or pizza bites yet? If so, how did you like them?
wannablean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/198/160

Height: 5'9

I tried the both the bbq and pizza bites, and the spice pancakes with the syrup. I like the bites. They have a drier texture than the puffs but still crispy and light. The pizza is my favorite, tastes very similar to pizza in my opinion, a very welcome flavor since I've been behaving myself for 13 weeks :P The bbq is pretty on point too, but I find it kind of sweet which isn't my favorite, but still tasty. The spice pancakes have a bit of a pumpkin pie thing going on, really tasty, especially in time for fall. I liked the syrup too, pretty akin flavor-wise to the sugar-free things I've been able to find in supermarkets, but they're lower cal than what I've been able to find. Positive additions to the line!
godown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #8  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Great news, Dizzie!

My next month ships on Friday - I can't wait to try the new bites and spice pancakes. I adore the puffs, so if the bites are similar, I should have 2 new favorites.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:20 AM   #9  

I ordered both new bites. I already make spice pancakes with mine. I just add pumpkin pie spice to the mix.