General chatter - Date!!!

View Full Version : Date!!!

Travel Gal
08-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm not your typical dating girl...I don't mind doing my own thing and I usually prefer not to bother with the hassles that dating can bring. Part of that is because I'm semi-cynical, incredibly independent, but also because I think I don't have a lot of confidence in myself when it comes to dating.

Then bam...I lose 15 lbs and two guys have asked me out in 2 days. One I met in a bar and while it was fun to flirt with him I can tell he's wacky and I'm not going to see him again. The second guy is a guy I know from work-he's in and out of town all the time so I'm sure it won't actually lead anywhere, but it'll be fun just to go on a couple dates. I even found the flowery dress I'm going to wear and it fits so much better than the last time I wore it a couple months ago.

We are going to go to a large art fair that's going on where I live...so it should be the perfect setting to slowly getting to know each other.

Wish me luck!

ChubbyCheeks
08-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Good luck, I hope you have a great time:)

spetty
08-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Good luck, have fun!

Gogirl008
08-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Sounds perfect! Great way to build up that self confidence too ;) Let us know how it goes!

Peaches5577
08-06-2011, 11:14 PM
FUN!!!!

Miss dating :-) Have a wonderful time!

kelly315
08-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Sounds like fun! You're in the perfect mindset for it- when you don't need to date, it can just be fun and pressure free.

Travel Gal
08-09-2011, 03:02 PM
I had a wonderful time---I really enjoyed his company and he kept me laughing, which is how you impress me hehe. Our plans changed slightly and we didn't go till last night instead of Sunday, which worked fine for me as yesterday was my Friday. We went for drinks...well, he had a couple and I had Perrier (don't I sound sophisticated? :-) ) and we just sat and talked till pretty late in the night....or early in the morning. Tomorrow night we are headed to a Twins game, which will be fun (even though the Twins will probably lose.)

Oooh, this is gonna be fun!