Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hey Everyone

A bit about myself :

I am 44 yrs old and weigh 356lbs.....I know right!!!
I'm not very active. By the time I get home from working I am exhausted and I just want to relax. I have a weakness for eating out and SODAS!!!!!

My problem is when I get upset food becomes my best friend. When my mom died a few yrs ago I became very close to my best friend and my best friend stuck by me through all the sad days/years that laid ahead. Of course when I look in the mirror I get upset and go have lunch, snack and dinner with my best friend. She's really begining to annoy me.

So right now I'm mad at my best friend and I wanna a new one. I looked at WW but I cannot afford at this time what they are charging. I looked at several weight loss sites today and I will have to admit the title of this one caught my eye. So here i am
getoffthecouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

! So glad you found this place! I think you're absolutely right in that food is like a very good friend...even a best friend....but it's a one-side relationship and those are never healthy.

When I first started losing (for the millionth time) ,I felt like I was losing my best friend. It's HARD. I'm an addict all the way. Just put one foot in front of the other and take small steps and you will see that soon they add up to big ones!

Finally, calorie counting is what I do and recommend. It doesn't cost anything. You may wanna check out the Calorie Counters and Chicks in Control sections of this wonderful forum! You can do this!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #3  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

It's definitely hard, but you can totally do it! I would recommend calorie counting. It's cheap, easy, and effective for a lot of women! I hope you find something that works for you. Welcome!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote