Ideal Protein Diet - Rhubarb Pudding Cakes!!

View Full Version : Rhubarb Pudding Cakes!!

JoseyM
08-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Okay,, so I finally got brave enough to try making the Pudding Cake. I used an IP Vanilla Pudding pack and got the idea to add rhubarb, soooo, I cooked up 1 cup rhubarb w/ 1 packet stevia and a little WF Strawberry syrup, folded in finished mixture. Turned out like a strawberry cheesecake taste to me :) So tomorrow's lunch will be the cakes (It filled 6 reg. sized muffin tin and 4 mini's!!!!!! The recipe said it would be 3 muffin tins ???? Adding the rhubarb takes care of one of my veggies :) Thought I would share...

patns
08-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I will try this for sure. I can't believe rhubarb is a veggie!
Does anyone have any ideas what to add to the lemon pudding if it is made into a cake? Or is it good just as it is?

Ishbel
08-06-2011, 12:45 AM
I bumped the recipe thread for ya Patns

disgal
08-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Sure wish I could FIND rhubarb!!! Been searching for it for a few weeks now!:(

Recipe sounds yummy tho!! Thx!!:)

JackieGee
08-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Fresh rhubarb is no longer available here for us but I got the frozen so I will have to try this. It sounds yummy. and it makes so much! Do you just put it into the tins sprayed with Pam or use a cupcake paper thingy?

and what was the texture of the finished cake?

wheekers
08-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Okay,, so I finally got brave enough to try making the Pudding Cake. I used an IP Vanilla Pudding pack and got the idea to add rhubarb, soooo, I cooked up 1 cup rhubarb w/ 1 packet stevia and a little WF Strawberry syrup, folded in finished mixture. Turned out like a strawberry cheesecake taste to me :) So tomorrow's lunch will be the cakes (It filled 6 reg. sized muffin tin and 4 mini's!!!!!! The recipe said it would be 3 muffin tins ???? Adding the rhubarb takes care of one of my veggies :) Thought I would share...

awesome!!!

futureskinnygirl
08-07-2011, 02:03 AM
I will try this for sure. I can't believe rhubarb is a veggie!
Does anyone have any ideas what to add to the lemon pudding if it is made into a cake? Or is it good just as it is?

I did the lemon pudding cakes and they were delicious. Tasted like little lemon cakes. The only thing I would suggest is adding some lemon flavoring to taste. Perhaps making a thick "frosting like" consistency with the vanilla pudding too!

JoseyM
08-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Fresh rhubarb is no longer available here for us but I got the frozen so I will have to try this. It sounds yummy. and it makes so much! Do you just put it into the tins sprayed with Pam or use a cupcake paper thingy?

and what was the texture of the finished cake?
Knave not been able to find it fresh. Have only found it once frozen at public. The texture was like a gooey cake. I needed to cook a bit longer ... But is was yummy!

colley
08-08-2011, 10:44 AM
How long do you bake the cakes for and at what temp?

matolmama
08-12-2011, 08:40 PM
try the chocolate pudding cake w/rhubarb in it it is delish.
lisa